Welcome to Gaia! ::

Honestly, have dragons always held a special place in your heart?

Oh yes! That's why I'm joining this RPG! 0.59090909090909 59.1% [ 26 ]
I adore them... yet I'm not joining. I wonder why. I guess I think I'm too cool for this thread. 0.068181818181818 6.8% [ 3 ]
They're alright. Many things are better. 0.045454545454545 4.5% [ 2 ]
Dragons are a n00b favorite. 0.045454545454545 4.5% [ 2 ]
I despise them! That's why I refuse to join. 0.022727272727273 2.3% [ 1 ]
I despise them! Yet I'm still joining. Do you think my character will be allowed to make wallets out of their hides? 0.045454545454545 4.5% [ 2 ]
Some dragons collect gold. *Hint-hint*, *nudge-nudge*. 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 44 ]
1 2 3 4 >

!ATTENTION!: THIS RPG IS CLOSED AT THE MOMENT, BECAUSE THE GM'S AN IDIOT AND WANTS TO WORK ON A DIFFERENT ONE. SORRY, AWESOME PEOPLE. SHE LOST INTEREST IN THIS RPG. *Sigh.*

To view WHtKG's OOC thread, go here.

Game Master: D. Morbus

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We've all wondered… who named this land Faganrope? And these abandoned fortresses built ingeniously with metal and stone, these Nameless Citadels … who built them? Mers were never capable of creating such things. They've been here even before any of us were hatchlings. Did a god mark the land with these constructions, or were they molded by our forerunners? But how could that be if only our young could fit into the chambers inside? We could simply climb over the walls, so these things being a means of defense was never a factor… unless they were meant for creatures oh so very small --- creatures perhaps the height of an orc at the most. These images on the walls… what do they mean? We've asked the elves, beings who have dwelled in this world for centuries, and they know not a thing, or they're just hiding the truth from us. If that's the case… why can't we know?

Yet there is a dragon legend passed from our elders that ties to all of this. A fable of powerful mortals called humans who rode atop us like horses into battles against their own kind, but according to the myth, we were more than horses. With our various powers we helped them conquer the world, earning the luxury of friendship between dragon and rider. All of this sounds farfetched, I know… but… what if it's true? What if these 'humans' used to ally with us and fight off fiends as one?

If so, where are they? Are they all dead? Where did they go?

Where have these kings gone?

Credit to Deligaris for the image.
User Image

Read them or die.

[]You must ask before RPing in here. Send the Game Master your profile if you're creating a character as well as a five paragraph sample using him/her (be sure to display your RP competence richly. In other words, do your best, kay?). Note that you cannot post until I say you can.

[]You are allowed to control more than one character. By all means.

[]One thing you must know is that this is purely a dragon RPG. You are NOT allowed to be human unless I give you the privilege personally. You are free to be any non-humanoid creature though, such as griffins, unicorns and animals (all animals and mythical beasts are able to communicate with one another, except to humanoid creatures, unless of course your character is skilled in speech craft). On the subject of humanoids (vampires, orcs, anthropes, mers, nymphs, etc), you will have to get permission from me to play as one (but remember… no humans unless I give you the privilege myself. Don't ask to be one yet). Oh, and no human/creature hybrids. That's a no, no.

[]On the subject of vampires and lycanthropes, since there are no humans, the only foundation these creatures have are Mers, which are elven races, so they will not look entirely human, just so you know. I will be drawing a few sketches later on what vampires and werewolves will usually look like in this RPG. Don't be frightened. They won't look that weird. I promise. Keep an eye on the Rules and Observations thread until that time comes.

[]No immortality or godly powers. Duh. I will deem what is over-doing it and what isn't. If you aren't sure, please ask me and we'll discuss it. <3

[]No spamming. I know this is a no-brainer, but it's required to point out. If you have to talk to one of the players, use ((_)) to signal that you are talking out of character. But if all you do is type out of character posts and not play, you will be warned… or shunned. Oh noes.

[]You must type at least a paragraph (five sentences) per post. I don't want any one-liners. They waste space, are an eyesore, and it makes it seem as if you did a rushed or lazy job. Keep this place full of Roleplay fun and spirit by at least trying to put your heart into every post. Just make the cut-off in the least, okay? Thank you.

[]You can't kill someone else unless you made up the person or they said it was okay.

[]Use proper grammer. Please, that means capitalization, commas, and periods. You don't have to be a genius, just semi-literate so we can understand you instead of having to squint at chat talk. We've all graduated the third grade. Type like it. If that's hard for you, don't join.

[]This thread is PG-13. No sex since I don't like it (although I have no idea how to do that successfully with dragons, lest you have fetishes for that stuff), but I'll allow gore since I love it (yes, it all goes my way. Har, har). Romance is okay.

[]It is okay to double post, just not too much, eh?

[]When you post, put the name of your character on the top. We must be reminded every now and then.

[]You can only have one gift. Period.

[]Let your creative juices flow when creating a dragon character. You don't have to breathe fire, be carnivorous, or have scales. There's no need to conform to stereotypes --- go wild (but not too much)!

[]If you have any additional questions, give me, D. Morbus, a PM. I'd be more than happy to answer your questions. <3
User Image

Note from the GM: Just so you all know, all of this information is completely original and may not be very familiar to you or ‘real dragons’, so called, but in my RP, it goes my way, alright? Please read the information. You may find that you like this new aspect on dragons (it’s really not that foreign). Enjoy.

The World of Faganrope
[]The dragons possess territories, or what they call ‘Realms’ all over the world. They are dominate over all other life forms, even what’s left of the Mers. While some are fierce or angry rulers, others grace their kingdoms with compassion and protection.

[]Scattered all over the lands are pre-existing castles of unknown origins, labeled the Nameless Citadels. Whatever used to live in these ancient fortresses are usually referred to as the Nameless Ones, or the Nameless Kings, though no one truly knows who occupied them or what they were really for.

[]There are four major Realms, one for each side of the compass. To the north is Baesuris, to the south is Tui, to the east is Maditrum, and to the west Sekovi.

[]Faganrope consists of a large island surrounded by many smaller lands. The climates are various, contrasting from dessert to tundra. The island is half the size of our accumulated Pangaea. The ocean seems to stretch in all directions without end; not even the marine dragons have enough stamina to reach whatever is waiting for them in the distance. Elders speculate this handicap to be some sort of curse keeping them on the islands. Younger generation dragons would say otherwise.

[]The setting is similar to the world of The Lord of the Rings and Elder Scrolls. There are some odd advancements in technology, and there is sorcery, which dragons are indeed able to learn to use.

[]Indeed Faganrope uses currency, though it isn’t a particular coin that must be used. Treasure, precious gems, rare ingredients, cultural currency, slaves, animals, and many other things can be used just as commonly as money. The value of an item depends on its preciousness. Elvin coins for instance are the most sought for means of currency since they’re made of Tisian metal, the rarest alloy in Faganrope.

[]RPers are allowed to make up places and kingdoms within Faganrope or anywhere near it. You cannot make or go to any places beyond that though. Perhaps if enough locations are made I could draw a map later on.

The Four Realms
The four major Realms of Faganrope decide the fate of the smaller realms between them, whether it be unintentionally or not, they are apt to protect or destroy Faganrope. They hold that much power. Below are descriptions of the four Realms.

Realm: Baesuris (Bay-ser-iss)
Side: North
Leader(s): A coterie of eight white dragons that have been nicknamed ‘The Claws of Esuri’.
Geography: Baesuris is a land of rock and stone, marked with jagged mountain ranges and one forest surrounding the Realm’s perimeter. An enormous mountain containing The Claws of Esuri’s headquarters (which is really a Nameless Citadel) overlooks Baesuris at its foot. The trees and mountains are as tall as skyscrapers and the sky seems to always be evening because of its vibrant clouds, giving the Realm a daunting illustration. Most dragons here inhabit honeycomb-like caverns drilled into the surrounding peaks.
Description: The leaders of Baesuris have embraced the idea of dictatorship by keeping their residents within their borders and controlling their very existence. When there is revolution in the throngs, The Claws of Esuri make short work of the rebels, and the treachery is never spoken of again. Baesuris’s citizens have been deceived and scarred so much, they believe their treatment is righteous and benevolent. Currently Baesuris is at odds with the justice-ridden Egara and her Realm Sekovi.

Realm: Maditrum
Side: South
Leader(s): An elder dragon named Arpo, divinely named Ardocarass.
Geography: Even though Maditrum is the largest Realm, the land is just as corrupted as its citizens. It was built over a Nameless Citadel that now lies in ruins and debris, all except for Arpo’s main quarters, which was previously the Nameless King’s ballroom. Maditrum is void of living plants due to the ashes constantly raining from the sky. There are no common types of habitats, since the residents simply sleep anywhere within the trenches and cracks of the fort.
Description: Some agree Arpo is one of the most unsuccessful rulers in existence, whereas his own citizens like to disagree. Arpo’s tradition for not caring about the subsistence of his Realm has made it a luxury for delinquents to come and go through the territory as they please instead of staying in the other Realms where they’re convicted. This has made Maditrum a villain safe haven, naturally, but where the scum of the earth thrive it is the most unruly. There is always a skirmish to be seen in the walls of the Nameless Citadel and they have a propensity to get rough --- ground-breaking even. It’s unofficially forbidden for ‘pure’ beings to cross Maditrum’s borders.

Realm: Sekovi
Side: West
Leader(s): Egara, an elegant female dragon with the divine name Dechelious (Deh-kel-ee-us).
Geography: The forest it dwells in is plentiful and the rivers are crystal blue; Sekovi is among the most luscious territories in all of Faganrope. It’s notorious for raining abundantly, keeping the numerous lakes richly supplied and the flora prospering. Egara’s ‘throne’ is an Elvin shrine at the heart of Sekovi where she awaits anyone who wishes for her audience. The residents prime choice of habitat is making use of the refreshing environment by resting in the trees or occupying caverns and riversides.
Description: In all respects Sekovi is a humble Realm, though it’s accompanied by a sufficient amount of warriors to keep the area secure from criminals and evil forces. 41 year old Egara is always at the throat of the Baesuris Realm, threatening them constantly to change their imposing acts of injustice. This has always kept the two territories at odds and on the prowl. Besides her judgment towards Baesuris, Egara is praised as a patron saint, always trying to meet the needs of both the rich and the poor. She even holds private councils for her impoverished citizens so they may have a say in the sovereignty. It seems her people will forever relish her, yet some believe she’s simply too young for leadership and may make rash decisions in the future, most likely pertaining to Baesuris.

Realm: Tui (Too-ee)
Side: East
Leader(s): The Tortogaliza family, an alliance of triplet brother dragons, their names being Tonubi, Gazzeo and Azilak.
Geography: An environment of heat and sand, to be blunt. The Realm was established in a deep valley with a cosmic amount ravines infesting the ground. These crevices are the resident’s ideal and surprisingly homey habitats that protect them efficiently from the persistent dunes and storms. At the south of the valley is a deep circular puncture where the Tortogaliza family’s entrance corridor is located. Their base is underground. What isn’t a home in the canyons is adopted as a market for buying various goods, making Tui the core of Faganrope’s trading commerce.
Description: The Tortogaliza brothers are an esteemed warrior family of great wisdom and strength. They mean to keep the Realm on its toes and always ready for any threat that may jeopardize their harmony. Their code, “if you want reconciliation, prepare for battle” is held admirably throughout Tui, given that most of the nation is made up of warriors and moral kindred. Candidly, Tui doesn’t like to pry in other Realms affairs, especially the rivalry between Sekovi and Baesuris. They commit themselves to being neutral unless something falls upon their own shoulders, earning the Tortogaliza brothers a selfish name outside of Tui.

Dragon Development and Living Guide
[]Dragons, rather different from most creatures, are not immortal, no matter how old they seem to get, though it has been said that reaching a certain unbelievable age would grant a dragon an ‘undeath’ condition so it may reign on the earth forever. They also live extended life spans because their minds tend to develop rather slowly.

[]Common knowledge is that dragons usually cultivate flight capabilities in their adolescent stage, or they don’t develop at all.

[]There are a few ways in how dragons address themselves. The most common names are kindred (the species as a whole and as a family), kin (referring to their kind as a family) and wyrm (another name for a dragon).

[]Only in their infant stage can a dragon’s gift be determined. An exclusive birthmark appears on the body, depicting the dragon’s eventual powers (for instance, a dragon born with a lightning gift will expose a lightning-shaped birthmark). Reaching their child stage, the birthmark fades away, which signals the youngling to begin exercising their power more vigorously.

[]Dragons come in many shapes and sizes. From the European to Eastern portrayals, all types of dragons are included in this story. They may stand on two feet like humanoids, have wings, or no wings at all. Some, Chinese dragons especially, have no wings, yet they can effectively levitate in the air with the power of their minds, whilst a myriad of dragons cannot fly at all. They can have scales, feathers, rock skin --- the possibilities are endless, but they usually take characteristics from their parents, though their gifts are sometimes different, perhaps due to the mother and father’s genes mixing together to create a new power.

[]Not all dragons are carnivorous. In fact, most tend to stick to a certain meal of their choice, whether it be a fruit or an animal. This is usually a hereditary habit.

[]Similar to inheriting last names, all dragons have a divine name, the title of their respective family. It’s usually much longer than their common names and both may have similarities. This is used to determine a dragon’s history and reputation.

[]Some dragons are skilled in speech craft. Honestly it isn’t difficult for them to learn, so a talking dragon isn’t in any way odd.

Aging Chart

Infant/hatchling: 1 – 5
Child/youngling: 5 – 15
Adolescent: 15 – 25
Young Adult: 25 – 50
Middle Aged: 50 – 100
Senior: 100 – 200
Elder: 200 – 500
Ancient: 500 and up

Size Chart
The following is a chart of full-grown sizes dragons can achieve and be classified in.

Very tiny: Click for example
Tiny: Click for example
Small: Click for example
Average: Click for example
Large: Click for example
Massive: Click for example

Credit to Rebecca Kemp and Samus Fairchild for the images.
User Image

If you want to rp as an original character, copy and paste the chart below to fill out your own info. Remember to send it to me when you're done.

Dragon Profile Layout
If you're making a dragon character, use this sheet.

Name: ((Dragon's name.))
Divine Name: ((Check the Dragon Development and Living Guide for more information.))
Age: ((How old? Be sure to check the Dragon Aging Chart.))
Size: ((Refer to the Dragon Size Chart for more info.))
Gift: ((What is the dragon's one special power?))
Demeanor: ((Personality.))
Features: ((What does he look like?))
Additional Info: ((You can express the character's biography here, things such as history, whether it's flight-capable, etc, etc. This is probably the most important section in your profile. It needs to be detailed. Don't be lazy about it!))

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Divine Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Size:[/b]
[b]Gift:[/b]
[b]Demeanor:[/b]
[b]Features:[/b]
[b]Additional Info:[/b]

General Profile Layout
If you're making something other than a dragon, use this sheet.

Name: ((The character's name.))
Race: ((Self explanatory, I think.))
Inventory: ((Weapons, heirlooms, treasures and other things go here.))
Demeanor: ((Personality.))
Features: ((The appearance of the character. List his/her skin color/texture, clothes and armor, eye color, hair color, etc, etc. I prefer detailed descriptions.))
Additional Info: ((You can express the character's biography here, things such as powers, history, etc, etc. This is probably the most important section in your profile. It needs to be detailed. Don't be lazy about it!))

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Inventory:[/b]
[b]Demeanor:[/b]
[b]Features:[/b]
[b]Additional Info:[/b]
User Image
All profiles are in alphabetical order by username for easier access.
Dragon profiles are red whilst other race profiles are blue.

Ann_Kimiko
Character Pilot: Ann_Kimiko
Name: Aiedail
Divine Name: Adaliria
Size: Average
Gift: Chameleon Effect- Aiedail was born with a gift that most call a chameleon effect. This ability allows her to change her colors at will, letting her to mix perfectly into her surroundings just like a chameleon.
Demeanour: Quiet, observant, somewhat cynical and kind of indifferent to most people, but inwardly she's very kind hearted, generous, and protective of those she really cares for. Those aspects of her personality come out when one really gets to know her. If someone is fortunate enough to truly gain her trust and respect, she will be loyal to a fierce extent. Aiedail wants to be as independent as she can for the pure fact she doesn't want to rely on others so much anymore. She used to be very outwardly emotional, but that emotion is no longer shown much around other people.
Features: Unlike most dragons Aiedail does not have scales she has skin made hard from the harsh environment in the deserts of Tui. While her whole body is a peru color, Aies upper jaw and head are a tan giving her the look as if she were wearing a mask. That part of her head has to straight horns protruding atop giving the illusion much more realism, the color of the horns themselves are a darker tan and it’s color starts by encircling her burnt orange eyes then move upward to twirl around the horns. The only white apparent on her body is the sharp teeth within her muzzle and on her talons. Aie also seemed to have a wheat color on all fours that seems to go half way up her legs.
Additional Info: Living in the desert Aiedail has learned the proper way of running on sand, making her very fast on her feet. In addition to running, Aiedail can fly, although it takes effort to do so, she can barely fly two hours at a time and needs long breaks in between flights for her strength to return. Aie lives underground with the opening that looks like a crack in the earth; she lives a little far off from a small village called Ladonna and usually brings back small animals to exchange.

-

C.J.S.
Character Pilot: C.J.S.
Name: Crimson [meaning color of blood]
Divine Name: Carmarthen [Car-mar-then(soft th. Not like in then)]
Size: Large
Gift: fire[Crimson can breathe fire and manipulate any flame. She can change the amount of heat given off by the fire at will. She got the fire ability from her mother and an addition to it from her father. Her father could sense when another was coming. Crimson can do this, but with age. The only way that she can do it is if she breaths fire at the other dragon. This will usually anger the other one so she doesn't do it very much; unless she is in a mood to cause a lot of trouble.]
Demeanor: Crimson likes to cause some trouble at times. She can be nice when she wants to be, but is mostly mischievious. She typically likes to pick on those who are younger than her. Especially those dragons who range from hatching to young adult. She will typically keep her distance from those who are older than her. She tends to think that she is smarter than those that are younger than her and will usually try to get them to do whatever she wants. She is careful around dragons older than her.
Features: Click here for picture[Her back is scales and she has fur that runs down her neck, but stops just before it gets to her back. Around her head is spikes that stick out. Beneath the fur on her neck and sticking out some are more spikes.]
Additional Info: Crimson is able to fly. She will usually cause most of her trouble from the air so that she can get away quicker. She likes to live in caves so that she can keep an eye on things around her. The caves that she lives in are usually up in a high mountain. It makes her feel safer to be able to see out a ways. Crimson makes her home in Baesuris, but will sometimes venture out into other Realms. She doesn't exactly cause trouble to get others mad at her, but mostly to get attention. When she was just a hatchling, she got lost while out with her parents and was never able to find them. She learned how to take care of herself.

-

D. Morbus
Character Pilot: D. Morbus
Name: Ismit
Divine Name: Nicomedis (Nick-o-mee-diss)
Gift: Ismit is able to expel poison from his mouth that clogs a subject's windpipe, introducing suffocation. The poison can be discharged as either smoke or an inky fluid. The fluid is sprayed in an enemy's eyes, causing massive irritation and pain.
Demeanor: Ismit is the dragon mothers have warned their children not to associate with. It’s been said that he deceives his kindred and spreads lies, but in reality, avoidance alone has given birth to this gossip. It’s true he is a witty fellow that is liable in being a thief at times, but he is usually quite selfless and always means to tell the truth. A bad habit of his is being too smart for his own good. He often gets into scuffles due to him making others angry, though he insists it is never intended and his opponent deserved the treatment. He’s also a very nosy character, always prying into another’s affairs. Ismit seems to never be discouraged by his kinsmen shunning him from society. All in all, he’s an eccentric creature with a quick tongue and has no grasp of personal space.
Features: Click here for a picture. Somewhat resembling a canine and a serpent in his skeletal structure, his leathery flesh is a light gray with a small tinge of purple, adorned with faded, vein-like black stripes and his underbelly is an off-white. His neck and tail are long and slender. Strangely he seems to always be starving, given his ribcage is defined and his stomach is sunk in, though it doesn’t seem to effect him any. His face is long and full compared to his body. The brows are lined with needles and his head is infested with a crown of spines that encircle his neck like that of a lion’s mane. His orange eyes are slit (foxy) and lined with a black pattern. Needles also grow from his chin. Ismit’s wings of sickly-brown skin, although thin and mildly tattered, are particularly large and armed with twin claws, so he is certainly capable of flight. His claws would remind one of fingers, as they are unusually flexible and willowy.
Additional Info: Ismit had a bad reputation even before he could remember. He is regarded by his kindred as ‘unclean’, and like a leper he has been given a forest area to dwell in outside of the neighboring Realm, Maizer, so he would not spread what sort of disease that lies dormant in his body. Frankly his gift is not contagious, and he could only spread it purposely anyways, but the creatures of Maizer would never like to see it that way.

-

Iminir
Character Pilot Iminir
Name: Iminir.
Divine Name: Herminius (of the Earth).
Size: Between small and average. So… medium small?
Gift: As Iminir is an earthen dragon, his ability is ground related. He can raise the earth to form barricades or topple it to form valleys. This ability is, of course, limited to small mounds and vales as he cannot raise mountains or create deep ravines. He can simply mold the earth.
Demeanor: A rather patient and peaceful dragon, Iminir does not care much for the noisier, populated regions of Faganrope. To him, it’s a good riddance that the mythological mortals no longer live on the island: fewer creatures to disturb him. However, he enjoys the occasional comings and goings of elves through the forest (mostly wood elves, mind you) and often eavesdrops on their conversations. He does respect the privacy of others, though, as he isolated himself amongst trees for the sake of silence. Iminir is rather wise for a dragon of his age, as he listens to the whispers of the trees and the chatter of the elves. This tends to lead to him being rather witty and sarcastic toward others, which builds on to his list of why he’s better off alone.
Features: Clicky.
Additional Info: Originally born in Tui, Iminir traveled to the outskirts of Baesuris early in his life where he remained and has resided for nearly fifty years.

The reason for his sudden move, as he has come to admit, came due to his distaste in others. More than anything Iminir dislikes company, preferring the solitude of Baesuris’ forested rim. In fact, around his territory are ditches and small traps to slow the passage of wanderers and hopefully to deter them from their journey through his land. There have been occasional instances with others who have entered deep into his territory. However, Iminir refuses to comment on their current whereabouts.

Like many dragons, Iminir tends to stick close to his newfound home, rarely leaving its borders for anything but hunting. This does not mean, however, that Iminir is unaware of the world outside his “bubble”--- he just doesn’t care. Only the pestering of nearby trifles catch his attention, although he rarely even does anything about those.

All in all, Iminir simply wants a quiet place to ponder his life away.

-

Lasesco
Character Pilot: Lasesco
Name: Zelimir
Divine Name: Zelophehad
Size: Large
Gift: Dark Mist (A black mist that surrounds the dragon. With it the dragon is able to control it and create doppelgangers along with other things such as large claws for grabbing. This black mist is capable of harming you, but inhaling it doesn’t mean that it’s poison. It only means that it is the stench of death, and staying around it for too long could indeed kill you.)
Demeanor: He mainly acts tired and doesn’t seem to care about anyone’s opinion but his own. He is demented and goes wild for blood and death. The mere sight of seeing it makes him crave for more. He is cruel, yes, but he doesn’t care much about it and usually lets things slide under his nose. He doesn’t like to bother with things that do not mean anything to his life.
Features: Click here for picture.
Additional Info: A dragon that chooses to live on the smaller islands off the Faganrope away from others. He simply loves to live in dark caves making it impossible for others to see him. The reason for living out so far away from the others is because he chooses to live where the law does not apply to him. He’s lived on the island that he calls home for so long that he developed a Dark Mist gift from living in the pitch black cave once he turned to a senior age. After living there for another long period the Dark Mist began spreading around the island, making the trees, flowers, and grass wither into black. The mist and gray cloud continue to surround the are, making it seem as though death were near by.
He’s developed rock-hard skin that withstands various conditions and assaults. This does not make him sluggish however. He can indeed still fly at a normal dragons speed capabilities and is known to running fast on the ground once he goes into a rampage of anger.
Zelimir is not one to be feared most of the time. Just choose the right words to say and nothing may happen. He really likes to scare others away by smiling evilly, which is a sign that he may open his jaws and snap the other’s neck in half.
Because he of such an old age, he knows that he does not have very much time to live before his life ends. He has heard that there are dragons that have the capability to live forever once they reach a certain age or something begins to develop in them. From this knowledge that he has learned, he goes out on occasions trying to find what ever it is that he searches for to obtain the immortality that he so desires.

-

Mekaida
Character Pilot: Mekaida
Name: Mariel (meaning “Beloved”.)
Divine Name: Mavoureene [Ma-VOU-reen-NE] (meaning “My sweet one”.)
Gift: Healing. (When healing others, she gains ⅓ of the wound or injury. Additionally, in order to heal another, she must be in direct physical contact with the injured. She cannot heal herself.)
Demeanor: Mariel is usually quiet, steady, relaxed and parading a secretly amused smile on her features. She’s amused by the smallest things, and more often than not takes nearly everything in good humor. Mariel has a tendency to be stoically sarcastic when dealing with trying situations or issues, preferring to keep a level head and emotional distance in order to find the most acceptable answer to the problem at hand.
Mariel’s mindset is somewhat complicated. She doesn’t necessarily believe that anyone is in the wrong, nor does she believe that anyone is in the right. Mariel isn’t neutral either, she simply believes that what works for her may cause troubles for others, not that she really cares in the long run. She only shows true concern and worry with her decisions when those decisions cause pain or harm in any way to her much younger generations/peers.
In cases of anger or frustration, Mariel becomes jerky in her movements (most noticeably the twitching of her ‘spikes’, tail, and her snout) and avoids conversation with anyone, aside from her offender, in order to insure she doesn’t relay her troubles onto others or unnecessarily snaps at them. She becomes cold, meanly sarcastic, irritable, and prone to disappearances for short periods of time.
Concerning her involvement with her peers, younger, older, and mutual respectively, she frequently nurtures a soft spot for her younger peers and enjoys entertaining them with stories or little trips around ‘her’ mountain. The older generation she treats with patient politeness and steady focus (knowing that they sometimes have a habit of wandering in their train of thought). Her generation she treats with a hint of disquiet, slight amusement and noticeable allusion of disgust, and has a nasty habit of snapping at them when they don’t quickly see her point of view.
Features: Click here for picture. She doesn’t really have ‘frills’ on her body. What she does have are numerous fleshy, horn-like protrusions called her ‘spikes’ that mount on the top of her head and follow along the edge of her spine down her back. At the bottom corner of her lower jaw line are two little ivory horns. She doesn’t have the customary beak-like upper jaw that most of her peers have (a cause for ridicule) and the only ‘spikes’ connected by thin webbing (aside from her wings) are a pair of spikes on either side of her head. Her coloring is a grayish blue-green with sharp green eyes. Her ‘spikes’ grow progressively darker in color towards the tip.
Additional Info: In frustration, anger, annoyance etc., her spikes have the habit of pulsing with her slow heartbeat or twitching of their own accord. It all depends with her level of emotion. Her spikes act like emotional signals (similar movement to that of animal ears, twitching with surprise, noise, etc.) In contentment, her spikes are lowered to her body (excluding the ones on her head, they can’t rest against her skull and therefore are nearly always up or swaying in their suspension.) She lives in a small mountain, content to circle it for hours at a time, surveying the scenery, diving around it and sunbathing at the top.

-

Mekaida
Character Pilot: Mekaida
Name: Sable (meaning “Sand”)
Divine Name: Sandalius (meaning “true wolf”)
Gift: Crystals (he can create crystals at will in many shapes. Wall, spheres, chunks, spikes protruding, spears, etc.) To create them takes a good amount of his magic and is very tiring.
Demeanor: Cheerful most of the, he enjoys the company of his male peers (too shy to spend much time in the presence of the females) and quietly despises his older peers. He can only tolerate his younger generation for an hour or so before pushing them off on someone else and quickly disappearing.
He loves to have witty and intelligent conversations and is usually eager to learn about anything he hasn’t heard mention of before. He has a tendency to get into trouble a lot because of a loose tongue and bold mindset. He is mostly indifferent when it comes to others’ problems and procrastinates with his own.
He’s very destructive when angry and is easily put into a rage when others insult his friends, his family, his wings, or openly admits to a wrong-doing. Through most of the time he isn’t the righteous type, he isn’t likely to sit back and allow someone to get away with something if he can easily fix it or them.
Features: He has something of a boxy, muscular build but is by no means bulky or overly huge. His shape is smooth and nearly streamlined. He is unable to fly due to the multiple holes in his wings. The coloring of his body is a deep golden-brown with almost platinum colored hair. Said hair resembles a horse’s mane with the longest and thickest on his head and thinning out as it travels down his spine to his tail. He has two horns at the top of his head and a black crescent moon mark over his right eye, said eyes being blood-red in color.
Additional: His hair flops to one side or the other and he is often found flipping his head to remove the hair from in front of the eye it’s obscuring.
He can only glide for short periods of time because of the state of his wings.

-

Mister jingles
Character Pilot: Mister jingles
Name: Scart
Divine Name: Scarthollomew the Agile
Size: Small (still growing)
Gift: Scart was born with the gift of incredible speed. This speed is acquired with his 6 wings total that not only made him an outcast but also helps him escape his problems instead of facing them.
Demeanor: Although his outward appearance may look fearsome and terrifying, his inner demeanor is one that would be considered cowardly. Instead of facing his problems or standing up to his enemies, he usually evades the scene whilst mourning for himself. He has an incredibly low amount of self esteem. He seeks elation with many females of his age, yet is denied that privilege by the ones he asks.
Features: Click here for picture. He was born with the incredible gift of 6 wings, and while many others would marvel at this sight, he lives in the countryside of Maditrum, Faganrope. His village of a home is not known to many, but is called Shillry, and has a population of 35.
As for physical features, he has 6 wings (as has been stated before) is grey, and his fearsome scales might resemble something like a dragon's armour. He is usually seen walking on two legs, he is also seen flying at fearsome speeds of 900mph.
While two wings would give a dragon speed that seems immense to any human, 6 wings more than triples the overall speed, and makes for an awe-inspiring sight.
Additional Info: As has been said before, he is very flight capable and has been flying since birth. Although he doesn't know it, his family lineage is one of great nobility and has inquired the name of The Windsoar Clan. His parents died shortly after his birth and was then transported to the small village of Shillry and knows only that he is an orphan, nothing about his parents or his lineage of nobility. His parents being part of the Windsoar Clan did not mean they were endowed with the same speed as Scart. His father, Jinusea, had he gift of creating fire with his mind (pyrokenesis). His mother, Rebelthine, had the gift of disguising her self with the wind and air. The two gifts together spawned this remarkable ability for speed.

-

ms.Kurai_Uzumaki
Character Pilot: ms.Kurai_Uzumaki
Name: Evanna Avise
Race: Vampire
Inventory: Sketch book, Charcoal, Two medium sized daggers, Medical equipment ((Like bandages and etc....))
Demeanor: She's your typical independent girl. She take's some time to get use to people, but when she does she can be very kind. When she first meets someone, she tends to be a little hardheaded, and arrogant. She's the kind of person you wouldn't want to piss off.
Features: Evanna has soft raven black hair, pointed teeth and looks oddly similar to an elf because of her pointed ears. Her skin tone is somewhat pale like her fathers, and she has black markings on her cheek that also goes down her back. Her eyes are a dark blood like color. She has a skull shaped beret with ruby red eyes and a grayish metallic like structure that was handed down to her from her grandmother. She's wearing a brown polo blouse, and some rugged old black boots her father use to wear when he was young. Her pants are black leather that fall over her boots.
Additional Info: When she was little her mom was killed and she took up a love for drawing, because it was her mother's favorite thing to do. When she was still fairly little her dad had disappeared, hunting down the person who killed her mom. At the age of 9,when her dad disappeared, she became isolated and independent. Now she travels around to find her father who was lost to the land and stops occasionally to draw the environment around her because it might help her get closer to finding him.

-

[Thats.My.Horse]
Character Pilot: [Thats.My.Horse]
Name: Andoline R. Nobuck
Race: Elven.
Inventory: Sword,food,bow and arrow,a book,money,pictures of family,pictures of his friends,wine corks,and pin needles.
Demeanor: Andoline, is somewhat nice. She doesn't do well around men, due to her shyness. She is bisexual herself, anyways. She is pretty stubborn at boreing things. If you lost her attention you were done for. She would not acknowledge you, after that. Also, she is kind, careing for animals and such.
Features: Click here for a picture.
Andoline, has soft green eyes. With wild orange hair, with a sorta betty style. With a slight spike looking like a cockatute. (Sp) She also, has a sword, with a golden trinkle sheath in a deep black and crimson red. With a baige skirt, edgeless. Armor looking shirt, with detail. But not really armor, she has a long green bow, with a long red deep ribbon tied over it. With deep purple boots deep with socks. With slender soft pointed tipped ears.
Additional Info: As a child, she grew up in a huge forest. Sorrounded by trees, with nothing but her wolf mother. And elven father, she would endlessly play. All day, until the day, her father left on a big project. And her mother left to hunt. She left home, to explore. Crying all night for her mother as it turned dark. They never found her, she found a cove. And inside were birds. Birds, that took care of her. At the age of 20, she was granted to leave. She trained in bows and quested for friends. Only finding a photo, from there abandoned home.

-

xXxEratoxXx
Character Pilot: xXxEratoxXx
Name: Astha
Divine Name: Reisdecéu (meaning ‘rulers of the sky’)
Size: Medium
Gift: Astha is able to manipulate weather patterns and conjure storms. Although, there is a limit to her power, she cannot call upon a form of weather that would not appear normally within the region. She could not bring snow to Tui for example. Moreover there is a certain range to her powers though she does not know exactly how far her reach extends, so she cannot affect a storm outside of said range. Her specialty though is forming and controlling clouds.
Demeanor: Although Astha is both kind-hearted and loyal, being born in Baesuris and raised in Maditrum has caused her to become one to not trust others easily nor back down from a fight. She will do her best to avoid confrontation if possible but if it comes to blows she will defend herself and years of having to do just that has taught her a few tricks. Thieves and rebels were her family growing up and as is characteristic of the more moral of her ‘relatives’ she prefers to handle her own problems, of which there are many thanks to her rather mischievous streak. Thankfully she was also blessed with a fair bit of wit allowing her to mostly talk her way out of situations.
Features: Click for pic.
Additional Info: Astha was born in the region of Baesuris in a mountain colony called Piedra. After her father was found out to be a rebel leader (ratted out by his own mate!) he was killed and she was forced to take flight under the guard of Dex her father’s second in command and most trusted friend. They fled to the land of Maditrum to hide among some of the Rebels contacts; they have lived there ever since and it has become the home base of those who wish to overthrow ‘The Claws of Esuri’. Due to her mother’s betrayal to her father Astha grew to veiw her sex a dishonorable and low, living among the females of Maditrum has done nothing to disprove her views.

User Image

These are biographies available to any RPer who wishes to use them.

I'll tell you now, this will probably be the only dragon/human hybrid character in the story, and I made him! Haha! But you know what? He's free for anyone to take. Whoo! However… you must show that you are competent in playing this character. This means you have to send me an example post using this guy. Make sure you try to exploit his personality as much as possible, so you'll have a better chance at getting him. Cheers!

Name: Quorum
Race: Half newt (human/dragon mix)
Inventory: A silver, curved elven dagger nicknamed Maneo and a silver bow (which he was never too good at using). He also has a strange, diamond-adorned ring of a mahogany color inscribed with an unknown language.
Demeanor: His heritage was never personally certain, but that doesn't stop him from enjoying himself. He can be quite the prankster when his coterie is around, committing small offenses such as causing ruckuses in the elven temples or startling dragons off of their tree branches. Nevertheless he is quite a likable fellow. He's protective over his friends, adventurous (though dangerously so at times), witty, cunning, despite the fact that he was never one for manners, especially when it comes to the opposite sex. It's usually difficult for him to fit in with the rest of the elven clan, but at the very best he introduces a sense of fun to the younger generation of elves.
Features: Click here for a picture. Quorum's skin differs greatly from that of the pale elf. It is a rich tan, bordering a red-brown. Oddly, dull-blue scales are seen under his eyes, bordering his hair-line, down his spine, on his biceps and on his shins. Two gray jagged horns peek out from his hair and aim backwards. His thick reptilian tail is dressed in scales of the same color. His eyes are even more unusual; a bright green tint, and the pupil is mildly slit. He's usually seen wearing elven hunting gear, which consists of pants made of deer hide, silver knee-high boots and silver gauntlets that stretch over his elbows. Quorum insists that shirts and chest plates restrict his movement. His unkempt hair stops at his shoulders and is a pure black. Although he's forty-three years of age, he in truth looks to be in his early twenties, late teens. His muscles are naturally tight and sturdy, while they don't give him a buff image, but an athletic one.
Additional Info: He was told that his appearance and powers were due to that of an enchantment given to him by the god of the living. For some reason that never settled comfortably with him. As of now he continues to search for clues about his true heritage, as he was without a mother and father since before he could remember. He wields an unusual power that allows him to 'charm' water, from being able to morph puddles into spouts to making water in his own hand. Not to mention Quorum is able to stay underwater for approximately thirty minutes. Twice as strong as the average elf, all of these gifts of his leaves him perplexed about his past.
User Image

Here are some multi-colored banners for your signature if you'd like to use them.
    Copy and paste the codes below the images into your signature.

[url=http://tinyurl.com/36uwyx][img]http://tinyurl.com/2spr6g[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/36uwyx][img]http://tinyurl.com/2juqsv[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/36uwyx][img]http://tinyurl.com/2vsv93[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/36uwyx][img]http://tinyurl.com/2nubbr[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/36uwyx][img]http://tinyurl.com/339rm8[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/36uwyx][img]http://tinyurl.com/37gebl[/img][/url]

[url=http://tinyurl.com/36uwyx][img]http://tinyurl.com/2oj7h3[/img][/url]

Credt to Deligaris and Wen-M for the images.
User Image

---- Sharp teeth glinted in the sun as she yawned widely, stretching her jaw and popping her neck in numerous places. She shook herself lightly, her wings and spikes swaying gently with the movement. She pressed her wings closer to her body and began her trot down the mountainside from the outer border of Baesuris to the forest floor that surrounded the mountain range.

---- “Nasty Esuri… if they’re not careful, the whole kingdom is going to fall about their skulls.” She murmured to herself, jumping from a boulder to another, her tail swinging behind her smoothly. She paused for a moment and looked back up the mountainside, which hid the kingdom behind its mighty face. Her spikes lowered in annoyance before twitching and rising again.

---- Sighing, she shook her head and continued in her trot, occasionally jumping down from one boulder to another, making her trip all the quicker. Before long, she finally reached the forest floor, there she stretched her wings gingerly, wincing noticeable when her right tightened up. She sighed again and pulled her wings back to her body.

---- “Still not healed,” She let her gaze wander over the trees and their foliage, “This is going to be an uncomfortable trip.” She muttered, slipping into the cover of the trees effortlessly.
User Image

“Hey, the sun’s over our heads. Herdali was going to meet us at the waterhole, remember?”

“Fishi-i-i-i-ng!” Squealed the smallest childe and darted out of the market before his two other companions could even begin to think about taking off.

“So---“ the orange-scaled child muttered to his remaining friend. “You can get the apples, right? Herdali couldn’t stand a meal without ‘em.” He quickly turned away, but glanced over his shoulder as he trotted away. “Counting on you.”

“We could find some at the swamp---“ but the other youngling was cut off. He only watched as his comrade had also exited the market and into the outskirts of Maizer.

Gothio was his name, a ten year old dragon, only a childe, with sapphire scales that matched the shimmering ocean surface. He had yet to earn flight, as the wings folded closely at his sides were still only half of his body length. The inability never bothered him much, just like others his age. Scampering over forest floors in pursuit of rabbits was more than enough fun for a developing youngster.

I guess I have to use my last pearl. The thought forced his ears to droop, but they only perked again; a silhouette passed over his vision. Gothio blinked and turned to the shadow's estimated path, towards the marketplace, but nothing extraordinary met his eye.

He jogged into the bazaar nonetheless and began his routine of weaving through the crowd of his own kindred by diving under their bellies, around their legs, until he spotted a mass of green and red pouring out of a wheat-sack on the side of the road along with several other assortments, supervised by a trades-harpy.

"How many apples can I get for this?" He dug his snout into the satchel strapped to his ankle and held out a marble-sized pearl between his chops.

The harpy twitched her wings and remained motionless in her shade cast by the Mer building she camped beside. It seemed she used to be beautiful, but her once perfectly-mahogany skin was obviously wearing out. Fine wrinkles pronounced her face and stress. Her eyes were yellowing and stuck out from the dark, perhaps daunting the young dragon from getting any closer. Traditional to a trader, she wore a beaded, loose negligee that competed with her withering brown skin color.

Receiving no reply Gothio placed the pearl back in into his satchel to ask what was the matter.

"You nose around more than a famished hound." The harpy's voice was grated and elderly. "--- Dirty thing. Leave my business in peace. I'm only available to Mers, you diseased animal."

It was uncommon for little Gothio to confront racism. His upset expression made that evident.

"S-sorry."

The childe began to saunter off.

"Four of the green --- if you wouldn't mind."

Gothio whirled back to the harpy. One of his fellow kin overshadowed her. The young dragon watched the adult male wyrm for a moment, then to the trader, who eyed the customer the same way she did him.

"No service, scales. Beat it."

"Well that's a charming way to speak to a patron --- well, perhaps a little odd in mannerisms, but ---"

"Disappear, cold-blood. I refuse service to the likes of you."

"Is that entirely fair? Hey, does that mean I can refuse payment if you play that way?"

The sapphire youngling studied all he could see of the dragon, first noticing how thin he was. Sickeningly thin. Atrociously thin, in fact. His stomach tapered to an excruciating slope, and his scale-less gristly hide hugged his distinguished ribcage. The sizable wings crinkled at his sides were also lean (Gothio was sure it didn't effect his flying. Oh how skeletal he was).

I've never seen him before…

"Be warned, wyrm." The lines over her face stretched and bulged from scolding. "I've been taught under a conjuring master from Neklectee. A bolt of lightning would turn your skin to coal."

"I say, my dear. How has a harpy become so ripened?" There was a pause, as if he was reading the trader. "Exposed to unnecessary toxins. What a shame."

The harpy was stricken with silence for only a moment. Her ailing eyes glittered with anguish soon after.

"I want you to know that your filthy kind did this to me! You all have sadistic ways of torture!"

"So --- the goblins' alloy mines in the east that constantly bellow noxious smoke had nothing to do with this?"

The harpy's mouth instantly slapped shut. Her eyes widened from the cluster of memories suddenly dancing in her head.

Gothio sensed a faint sour smell as a stream of black smoke was exhaled from the dragon's nostrils. It drifted toward the harpy, and she shuddered relentlessly.

"Esmelah!" She screeched in an elvish tongue. Her wings unfurled in a flash, displaying her tattered gray and brown feathers. She pushed a gust of wind against the wyrm's legs. Gothio flinched from the piercing current. He looked back to the scene.

She was already yards away in a flapping frenzy, squealing as if her life depended on how fanatical she could be.

"Well," the mysterious kindred mumbled. "Looks like everything's on the house. Splendid."

((Well... that was retarded. xD))
User Image

At the edge of the forest rim, Mariel stretched her legs out before her. She had settled here after her long walk, now thankful for the grace of the wings she had, but still pouting over the fact that one was completely useless at the moment. Sekovi, she had turned west once she realized she was heading south (she wanted to avoid the ash covered land of Maditrum), and couldn’t wait until she reached the beautiful land.

She yawned again, she hadn’t realized she would become so tired from walking, but then again, it wasn’t like she had done it often. This was the first time she had traveled so far from her mountain in Baesuris, but the land and its citizen had grown to become too much for her to bear. Sighing, Mariel heaved her body from the leafy ground and continued on her way, the soft sounds of other creatures touching her ears not too far ahead.

Weaving through the trees for a time, it wasn’t long before Mariel came upon a bustling place of commerce. Smiling in amusement, Mariel gracefully slipped into the crowd and made her way through towards the center, the smell of herbs and medicine reaching her snout. Before her eyes, a cozy looking little booth of blue shaded cloths flowing around it, giving her the illusion of an ever-swirling sphere of water, and crystals hanging in every place just adding to the spectacle.

She was startled from her musings as a soft chuckle entered her ears. Grinning, she turned to greet the trader of the booth and was slightly surprised to see an elderly Griffin sitting before her, almost hidden in his many trinkets. Mariel’s grin widened considerably.

“I’m sorry, elderly. I didn’t see you there.” She murmured, stooping a bit to place her head a little closer to the Griffin beneath the booth’s roof. The creature was drooping with his weight, his wings hanging lazily by his sides and his golden feathers and fur taking on a dull hue of their original coloring. But his eyes were bright green like her own, and they flashed with equal amusement.

“That’s alright, my dear, this is purposefully done.” He answered. She nodded her head in understanding, having the customer distracted by the booth was a good way to lure them into buying something. She returned her attention to him.

“Elderly, I was curious – I smelt herbs and potions. Would you happen to have one for this?” She inquired, stretching out her injured wing for him to see. He shifted closer and peered at the burn on the underside. He ‘tsk-ed’ briskly and pulled back.

“That’s a horrible burn, child.” He sighed, “But I do have something for it. For the price of a ruby.” Mariel nodded in acceptance and as the elderly Griffin moved off to the back of his booth, she reached back to a sack on her left shoulder under her wing. She wasn’t used to trusting civilians just yet. The Griffin returned and Mariel set a ruby she fished out into his outstretched claw.

The Griffin pulled an expression of worry onto his face, “It isn’t good for a dragon to be flightless.” He sighed again, “Come, lay by the side of my booth, I will coat the burn with a herbal water I have.”

Mariel stuttered, “Uh – you needn’t do that, really. I’m fine.” She said, taking the potion out before her into her claws. Seconds later, the potion was gone and Mariel sighed at the cool feeling it left as it went down her throat.

“Nonsense. Come.” Rolling her eyes, Mariel made her way to the left side of the booth and eased into her laying position. Soon after, the Griffin was back and slipping underneath her wing. She giggled slightly at the feel of his claws on her wing and hissed when the water touched her burn.

“Shh.” He hushed her, “This will make it better.” She believed him and went silent. Not quickly enough for her, he was done with a stern order for her to stay still, the wing would go numb and that it would be useless for her to move. Mariel snorted in amusement, but obeyed nonetheless.

“Well, how much will this treatment cost, elder?” She asked. The Griffin paused for a moment.

“Nothing more than a topaz.” She nodded and promised to find one in her bag later, when she could move again.

As he had opened his eyes for a brief second of his semisleepless night as does he regularly, he peers around seeking a visual image of a sound he had dreamt he heard.

"Who's there? Show yourself!!! Hello?"

Feeling embarressed, he closes his eyes and tries to make his way back to the trivial, yet comforting dreamland he was once in, waiting for the next depressing moment of the outside world to aproach just as the sun aproaches its dawn, while thinking to himself how cowardly he was for a dragon his age.
User Image
Evanna woke, only to reveal a small room,with the light from the window blinding her.
"Good thing I can stand being in the sun for a while."She said covering her eyes with her right hand,and lifting the covers off of her with her left.She got out of bed and stretched,she knew that she'd dreamt of her father again and felt the black markings on her body sting.
She scratched at the marks on her cheek, and went about her buisness getting dressed.Afterword, she left down stairs to retreived her bag and be on her way. She was ready to start her jouney of finding her father.
Evanna wizzed through the village which she lived in,and quickly exited into the forest,before she was noticed."You'll never find him!"yelled a local villager.She spun around to see who it was and felt the anger grow in her.
She tried to ignor it and turned back around walking calmly towards the forest.She was already half way into the forest when she begun to question herself.'What if i run into s-something dangerous, I mean I know that dragons roam around,and I might not be ready'She thought to hereself.
She shook the off feeling of concern and sat to rest. She looked at the enviornment around her, then pulled out her sketch book and began to draw. Without realizing it she broke into tears worring about her father and herself.
User Image

Ismit bowed his head, snatched a bag of ten apples with his jaws and tossed it towards Gothio. The young kindred recoiled from the dust that puffed out of the satchel. Staring down a red apple that failed to conform with the patch of green, he dawdled before grabbing the bag himself.

Gothio mumbled through the cloth in his mouth, "Hey, uh… thanks. I mean ---"

"Merchants aren't how they used to be. But more amusing, no?"

He had a voice that ran smoother than water. Perhaps a little gruff, but it was as if he knew exactly what to say, like he planned it minutes beforehand, it sounded so --- firm.

That's when Gothio noticed Ismit's unusually dexterous talons. No, they were hands, like those of a mer. His index and thumb stretched open a separate sack and picked out a green apple, soon letting it drop into his throat. That's also when he noticed his profile, which was long, bony and completely infested with thin black spikes that surrounded his head like a mane. He shivered from being reminded of a massive bundle of spider's legs.

Gothio released the sack for a moment. "How did you know --- that ---"

"I know how it is. I've been to those alloy mines. The fuel they use to invigorate the machines are exceedingly contagious, which is why goblins are as attractive as they seem." His head turned directly to the youngling, his leathery cheeks stretched into a thin grin, just enough for his canines to peek.

The little dragon perceived that the stranger, despite his ailing appearance, had a pair of orange-tinted eyes as bright as marigolds and struck out from his shadowed brow with unusually reflective eyes. Gothio was staring into two suns.

The childe managed a small giggle; the goblin irony caught him off guard.

"So, child." The adult stalked a little closer to circle halfway around Gothio, leading him. "Where's your heading?"

A hearty roar almost shook Gothio off of his feet. Before his eyes, a thick forearm pounded the floor. He looked up, but all he saw was the stomach of a dragon lined in armor plates. He glanced between the limbs to his sickly kindred before him, who didn't seem to move at all, nor was he shocked.

"Can I help you?"

"Ismit!" The offending dragon exclaimed between a snarl.

"Ismit?" Gothio murmured.

Ocean-blue scales and a young, but fiery accent. Gothio pieced the evidence straightaway: this was his brother.
User Image

“So, child, where is it that you said you hailed from?” Mariel looked up from her book that was perched in her claws over to the elderly Griffin in his booth. She watched him rearrange the objects on the tabletop for a moment before returning her attention to his face and answering his question.

“I’m traveling down from Baesuris.” She answered, shifting her weight to her right side and facing him a little better, “I decided it was about time I found a new home somewhere else. The people there are just too… animalistic for my taste.” She answered politely, a soft grin on her face. The older creature showed his understanding with a nod.

“Aye, that’s why I moved from there some time ago.” Mariel was startled by his admission. In her surprise, the side ear flaps on her head fluttered with the emotion, a movement that the Griffin had caught from the corner of his eye. He laughed at the sight. Mariel, for a second, was unsure of his source of amusement before it dawned on her. A dark flush colored her skin and her flaps pressed closer to her head.

“I didn’t know dragon’s ears could do that.” He chuckled. Mariel snorted.

“They don’t. Or at least, they aren’t supposed too. My ‘ears’ and spikes are a bit… abnormal, one would say.” She answered, glancing back to her spikes. The elder creature did the same to see the spikes along her back raise and fall, seemingly at her will. A curious eyebrow went up.

“Aye, a dead-give-away are they not?”

“A pain in the rear is more like.” Again, Mariel earned herself a chuckle from the creature that was swiftly becoming a nice companion. She shook her head, flapping her spikes and moving her upper body a bit, trying to regain some feeling in her injured right wing. It was still numb from the Griffin’s herbal potion, but it wasn’t as painful to move anymore.

“So, how long are you planning on staying here, hmm?” He questioned, resting his weary body down on the earth just a few feet before her. Mariel did her best to shrug her shoulders.

“I’m not sure. Perhaps just long enough to view the land and let my wing heal. I’d be dense to go anywhere out in the wild with this mess.” She muttered, jutting her snout toward her lame wing. Turning her head back around, she paused and glanced at the bustling bazaar around her, she even caught glimpses of smaller dragons and couldn’t help but smile.

“Though, you could always end up staying here.” The elder one offered, she turned an inquiring look to him and he chuckled, “I have a nice little grassy hill not far from here with a cave for someone about your size, maybe bigger.” The Griffin shrugged, “I’ve been meaning to get rid of it ever since I noticed my body wouldn’t make the trip anymore.”

Mariel offered the older creature a grin, “That’s very generous of you, I usually hear that Griffins are tight with their treasures.”

“We usually are,” the Griffin laughed, “But this is one treasure my old bones are willing to let go of,” at that one of his joints popped loudly and caused Mariel to wince, but the elder just laughed it off, “Along with a few other things.” Mariel laughed politely.

Enduring Shapeshifter

8,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image

A crimson colored dragon soared through the skies in Baesuris. No particular reason to be out other than the fact that she wanted to be. Her name was quite easy to remember as it was the same as her color. Crimson. She had just gotten through eating and was now just scouring the area looking for something to do.

Causing trouble seeped into her mind and a grin appeared. It was certainly a good idea, however, there were no other dragons in view that she could cause trouble with. That posed a problem. She looked at her surroundings and took note that she was still around the mountains. There should still be some dragons around though, right?

For her age, Crimson is quite large. Her body length measures up to three hundred feet and her wingspan is two hundred fifty feet from wingtip to wingtip. Her wings are about one hundred twenty-five feet long each. Her wings are translucent in the sun, but at night it is hard to see through them unless you have good vision.

She spotted something in the distance and narrowed her vision on the approaching figure. It was another dragon, but she wasn't sure if it was one older than her or not. She hadn't met too many dragons that were older than her, but she could never tell unless they were closer.

As the dragon got closer, she recognized it as one of the ones that was older than her, and one that was currently not happy with her. She dived towards the ground and levelled out when she was about halfway between the other dragon and the ground. When she thought about what she had done to anger the other dragon, she chuckled. She had merely checked his age, but that had been enough.

She looked up and saw the dragon lowering. "Dangit." She muttered to herself. She had been spotted. She was a ways away from her home at this point and Crimson was positive that she would be over taken before she could get back there. She could always head into the mountains and weave through the peaks. At that thought, she turned around as quickly as she could and began racing towards the mountains that were nearby. She knew that other dragon had picked up speed too and was racing after her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff