Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
I recently stumbled upon an article at a site i go to.
And thought i'd get some other opinions on this

Quote:
These Bands Are "Gay"
Love God's Way, "a Faith based Ministry with the goal of spreading God's Love through teaching and healing," has published a list of "gay bands" and "safe bands." I'm not making this up. They also have a section on their website called "C.H.O.P.S." which stands for "CHANGING HOMOSEXUALS into ORDINARY PEOPLE."

Anyway... here's the intro the group put up as an introduction to their "Gay Band" list. Of course the list is below as well as their "Safe Bands" list. Feel free to email the ministry's pastor, Donnie Davies with any bands he may have missed.

donniedavies@gmail.com

"One of the most dangerous ways homosexuality invades family life is through popular music. Parents should keep careful watch over their children's listening habits, especially in this Internet Age of MP3 piracy."

GAY BANDS:
The Spores
Scissor Sisters
Rufus Wainwright
Merzbau
Ravi Shankar
Wilco
Bjork
Tech N9ne
Ghostface Killah
Bobby Conn
Morton Subotnik
Cole Porter
The String Cheese Incident
Eagles of Death Metal
Polyphonic Spree
The Faint
Interpol
Tegan and Sara
Erasure
Le Tigre
The Gossip
The Doors
Phish
Queen
The Strokes
Sufjan Stevens
Morrissey(?questionable?)
The Pet Shop Boys
Metallica
Judas Priest
The Village People
The Secret Handshake
The Rolling Stones
David Bowie
Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Man or Astroman
Richard Cheese
Jay-Z
Depeche Mode
Kansas
Ani DiFranco
Fischerspooner
John Mayer
The Indigo Girls
Velvet Underground
Madonna
Elton John
Barry Manilow
Indigo Girls
Melissa Etheridge
Eminmen
Nirvana
Boy George*
The Killers
Lou Reed
Lil' Wayne
Motorhead
Jill Sobule
Wilson Phillips
DMX
Lisa Loeb
Dogstar
Thirty Seconds to Mars
Lil' Kim
kd lang
Frank Sinatra
Hinder
Nickleback
Justus Kohncke
Bob Mould
Clay Aiken
Arcade Fire
Bright Eyes
Corinne Bailey Rae
Audioslave
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Panic at the Disco
Elton John(really gay)

SAFE BANDS:
UnderOath
Cyndi Lauper
Falling Up
Flyleaf
THE TURNING
Disciple
P.O.D
By The Tree
Scott Reed
Michael W. Smith
Jars of Clay
DC Talk
Danielson

Now i've never been big on religion, but i have come to see how hateful people can be.

I don't understand how those bands considered gay are gay.
I also don't understand how those bands can influence 'gayness'

I listen to a lot of those bands, and i'm not gay.
I don't hear any subliminal messages in there lyrics either.

I also wonder how they choose if a band is 'gay' or not.

So what are your thoughts on this?

P.S. I don't believe in such a thing as 'ordinary people'

(I've also been debating on if i should e-mail this guy and give him a piece of my mind, but i don't know if that would be a waste of time.)
Jesus makes you gay. Just ask Ted Haggard.
This made me laugh.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'm seriously dissappointed that there are no goth bands on the gay list. I feel that my favorite genre has failed.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Seriously.

The album cover has "Heresy" "Virgin" and "Rainbow" on it. How much else could they possibly need?
I like most of that stuff listed xd
Sinister Kung Fu

You win.

EDIT: There's no George Michael, lol.
The only thing that can properly display my reaction to that is the "o_O" emoticon.

I don't see how any music can be considered "gay," really, nor do I see how any of the bands I've heard of on that list could possibly influence such a thing.

I could see Queen, since I believe "Don't Stop Me Now" was supposed to be about having multiple partners of both genders or something, But even so, my music base was begun with this band, and I'm straight.

30 Seconds to Mars' songs have themes like the universe or discovering oneself, etc. etc as I defend other bands I enjoy that don't seem to have any association with this new label.

"ordinary people" don't exist. Everyone's different. As far as I've learned, God loves everyone they way they are. o_O but that's something more for the Discussion forums.

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
echelon ii
The only thing that can properly display my reaction to that is the "o_O" emoticon.

I don't see how any music can be considered "gay," really, nor do I see how any of the bands I've heard of on that list could possibly influence such a thing.

I could see Queen, since I believe "Don't Stop Me Now" was supposed to be about having multiple partners of both genders or something, But even so, my music base was begun with this band, and I'm straight.

30 Seconds to Mars' songs have themes like the universe or discovering oneself, etc. etc as I defend other bands I enjoy that don't seem to have any association with this new label.

"ordinary people" don't exist. Everyone's different. As far as I've learned, God loves everyone they way they are. o_O but that's something more for the Discussion forums.

Indeed i agree with you completly, i honestly couldn't decide if i should put this in the music area or the discussion forums
XD
It says Elton John twice.

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
Twilight Gaze

I know, i guess they think he's double gay for that fact that he is a homosexual
XD
x3 That makes me laugh.
echelon ii

Well, there's queercore. Essentially, Riot Grrl but for the rights of homosexuals rather than feminism.

echelon ii
I could see Queen, since I believe "Don't Stop Me Now" was supposed to be about having multiple partners of both genders or something

It's actually about drugs. Very, very clearly when put into context.

"I'm a shooting star leaping through the skies
Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity
I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva"

Very, very clearly on drugs.
Shotgun Mouthwash
Sinister Kung Fu

You win.

EDIT: There's no George Michael, lol.

George Michael is prophecy, that and dudes have been boning chicks to Michael since the 80's.
Aska-Su
Twilight Gaze

I know, i guess they think he's double gay for that fact that he is a homosexual
XD

Well if you can double your please and double your fun..
Midwestern militant homophobia is a b***h.

Oh, and Man Or Astro-man is an instrumental surf rock band meaning they have no lyrics. Do they turn people gay with their notes?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff