Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello and good day. I have a subject in which I would like to discuss with you all, as my pondering into religion has brought forth an interesting discussion.

Practicing Christianity, is a Sin. In the eyes of all those who believe in the Bible.

Now before you start bashing me, I ask that you please, here me out. I am a neutral on the subject. I don't believe in Religion, but I've done... *sighs* Extensive research on as many religions as I could find, from Paganism to Wicca, from Taoism to Christianity. I only bring this up because if the Bible-believers here are correct, a lot of them COULD be going to hell. Plus I just want to see what you guys think about my theory ^_~

Anywho, here's my theory.

In the Bible, God makes it very clear that you shall not worship anyone but him, in fact, it's a Commandment.

From the bible.
"I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;"

"you shall have no other gods before me."

He then talks about not worshiping a false idol, he's the one true God, and basically 'Don't worship anyone but me or you're screwed ya bastid' to paraphrase >_>

From the bible.
"You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth."

"You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me"

So. He's saying only worship Him, don't idolize anyone and worship them instead. Clear enough. Now let me ask you this...

What would that make Jesus?

Ahah! The point reveals itself. God talks about sinners worshiping a golden idol, he tells people to worship only He who is Him, and yet, all these people.. are worshiping his son? He doesn't say you can worship Jesus!

Now think about this little thing... Millions upon millions of people wear the cross. Golden Crosses, silver crosses. They go to church, praying and worshiping, under the GIANT symbol of God's son, DYING.

Let me repeat that. People are going to church, to Worship The Image Of God's Son Dying. Sounds kinda Satanic, don't you think?

I submit to you, that Satan has tricked Christians, and all these people are going to hell. If their whole religion is correct in the first place, of course.

Discuss! ^_^

*bows*

~Jet

**EDIT**

I've yet to see actual proof that Jesus is God. No quote from the Bible has yet showed me this. My point on all of this is that Christians could be getting tricked (by Satan possibly) into worshiping a false Idol (what better then the image of God's Son Dying).

Additionally, If you say Jesus is God, back it up with a quote from the Bible ok?

Oh, and please please don't pm me and talk to me like I'm a poor lost misguided soul who doesn't know any better. I've studied Christianity more then most Christians themselves, I choose to believe what I believe and I ask that if I have the decency to respect your beliefs, you do the same.
jesus IS god.
father, son, holy ghost... god.
it's relatively simple.
at least to me, since i was raised christian.
Oy. You must have missed the "Jesus is God" memo.
Therein lie the point, no?

What if you're wrong? The bible backs up what I said... What if Jesus isn't God? What if you're idolizing someone, even if he IS the son of God... It'd suck if you went to Hell over a misunderstanding.

It never says in the bible that Jesus IS God.
Jet Black X

What if you're wrong? The bible backs up what I said... What if Jesus isn't God? What if you're idolizing someone, even if he IS the son of God... It'd suck if you went to Hell over a misunderstanding.

That Bible doesn't say that Jesus might be God. And who are you to question the Bible?
The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all looked upon as different aspects of one God within Christianity. You have no real argument here, and the only thing you're trying to do with this thread is piss people off. I would commend you for that... If you did it well. wink

But you didn't.
Jet Black X

what if?
if someone's worrying about "what if"s, their faith doesn't sound strong enough for them to be devoutly involved in ANY religion.
Jazzberry
Jet Black X

what if?
if someone's worrying about "what if"s, their faith doesn't sound strong enough for them to be devoutly involved in ANY religion.

I love a good little bit of religious idiocy in the name of well-meaning agnosticism.

And hi, Jazz.
well, misunderstandingor not, we are fallible, and God must surely realise this, and make allowances., if not, im screwed...
I'm not trying to anger people... honestly I'm just worried. How could God's son also be God? They are clearly distinguished as two seperate entities.

And no one here has yet quoted the bible stating that Jesus is God.
Cougar Draven
Jazzberry
Jet Black X

what if?

I love a good little bit of religious idiocy in the name of well-meaning agnosticism.

And hi, Jazz.

helloes!
I worship God. Jesus is the way to God. He said no one gets to the father but by ME. So I worship God THROUGH Jesus. And I DO NOT worship the cross or the image of Jesus dying on the cross!!! In fact, I do not worship ANY image. I worship God.
They are going to say that God and Jesus are the same person, however, that was added to the religion in the Council of Nicea, since that was copied from Babylonian religion in which Nimrod and Tammuz where the same person.
The thing is, Jesus is gods presence on the earth. As stated above:

God the father,
God the son,
God the holy ghost.

You're only halfway right about going to church about someone dying. He died so that we may be freed, and then rose again showing that hell could be overcome. The mere symbol of Jesus on the cross represents that.

The rest of what you said is looking too far into it, and almost seems like you're looking for something to bash religion about. o_o

I'm in no way a true christian, though I do not claim to be an unbeliever. We worship jesus for dying for our sins, and we worship god for sending his only son. It's that simple.
I know many people that pray directly to Jesus, Worship Jesus, etc.

It just seems like a rather nice trick for 'ol lucifer to pull. Hey guys? want to get into heaven? Just worship this guy on a cross, and all your sins are forgiven! You can live a life of Sin, then as long as you really believe in Jesus, your slate is wiped clean and you go to heaven!

Doesn't it, just take a minute to look at it objectively, seem like something the King of all Lies would do?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff