Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prologue

Life. Galaxies themselves. A mystery beyond greater thought. How are we here? Why are we here? What were we sent here to do? The mysteries involving how we were created are still to be unraveled ... like the fabric of time ... delicate; for we get those minute shreds of evidence ... or belief ... over time. If you rip away at it, it'll dissolve, and you will've learned nothing.

You've just got to wait. Patience is a key virtue for people to carry through with their day-to-day lives, that few of us exhibit. 'Too busy, rushing around to get things done, as if set to explode. As if, we're set so tightly, if you will, that one ounce of slowing down just might make us explode. Although, that isn't true, thank the stars, ... we still act as if it is ...

People are fated to do things. Some believe in fate, some in destiny ... some believe that they are, in a sense, exactly the same ... but I know better. Ohh ... I know better, indeed. Fate is different from destiny. You can shape your destiny based on your decisions today ... but fate ... mmm ... fate has already been denounced upon you by a force that ... that we still can't tell ... as how some of us are fated to meet each other to get a large goal, or series of small goals set together ... no matter how easy, or how menacing ...

... those poor, poor fated souls ...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

-/- (-[RULES]-) -/-

Some slight rules here. Although bumps are usually appreciated, I want this role-play to unfold as a storybook, so I don't want bumping to interfere with it. How would you like it if you were reading a story and saw a paragraph, an entire line with the word 'bump' on it, and then resuming back to paragraphs? Out of place, right?

Ah, and, by the way, ...

SERIOUS & EXPERIENCED ROLE-PLAYERS ONLY!!!

HAVE FUN!!!

---------------------------------------

-/- (-[HIRING BULLETIN]-) -/-

(+) Looking for somebody to replace the male character of Caveman. Details about character and current events will be sent upon request.

(+) Looking for somebody to replace the female character of Neriah. Details about character and current events will be sent upon request.

-/- (-[UPDATE LOG]-) -/-

1/06/07 -- creation of posting countdown. New poll. A new overhaul / redesign of "Cast" as well.
1/06/07 -- for some reason the final '. was left off of the end of Aritad's portion of the "Cast" pic. Fixed.
1/07/07 -- fixed "Cast" pic; added Nyoka, played by White Wind of Life, our new FS member. Fixed quality as well.
1/07/07 -- added "Map" pic'; aptly named starting planet "Atheon".
1/08/07 -- courtesy of Johnny of Moose: reworked "Map" pic. Still slightly blurry.
1/08/07 -- fixed quality of "Cast" picture; fixed quality of "Map" picture.
1/18/07 -- officially renamed "Posting Countdown" section to "Posting Counter".
1/25/07 -- removed N i h i l i s, after 60 days of not posting without prior notice.
1/26/07 -- updated Cast Page picture (removed N i h i l i s).
2/21/07 -- updated Cast Page picture (added Kaiyan Akurian).
3/03/07 -- temporarily removed Rayne Fallz due to 60 days of inactivity.
3/18/07 -- updated Cast Page picture (removed White Wind of Life due to his request). Updated Hiring Bulletin; seeking replacements for Caveman, Nyoka. & Neriah.
3/19/07 -- updated Hiring Bulletin; only seeking a replacement for Neriah.
3/20/07 -- update Hiring Bulletin; seeking replacements for Caveman & Neriah.
4/14/07 -- deactivated "Posting Counter".
4/21/07 -- added "Support This Thread" pic to the top of this post.
1/13/08 -- changed parenthetic title of thread, added poll, removed extended rules, and updated "Map" picture, updated "Cast" picture [both great quality], and reactivated Posting Counter out of sheer boredom. >>; Besides the fact it might get to a couple of you.

-/- (-[BLACKLIST]-) -/-

Fortunately, there's nobody here, yet. biggrin

-/- (-[Posting Counter]-) -/-

Raftacon -- 1 day ago.
animagenic -- 3 days ago.
ragnoroth -- 4 days ago.
D.B.A -- 3 days ago.
Kirby Mei -- 19 days ago. GAH!
Johnny of Moose -- 12 days ago.
mandalore dta -- 6 days ago.
Kaiyan Akurian -- 3 day ago.

(+) For now, 60 days (approx. 2 months) without a single post and without any prior notification and you will be removed from the role-play.

(+) During the third day (1 day over the maximum amount of time between posts), I will send you a notice asking you to post.
Fated Souls - Chapter 1 - Confrontations

He stared at the ceiling, motionless. I'm starting to see more and more of a pattern to the painting of the ceiling ... he thought to himself, laughing. He jolted upright, facing the door in front of him. Edging off of the bed, he opened up the dresser door and removed two vials; one with green liquid, and the other with red. Depositing them into his left pants pocket, he removed the gleaming scoped pistol from the dresser, too, holstering it along his back, so as nobody could see it under his cloak.

No light shone across his face, although it was still visible ... pale. Almost a luminescent sort of pale in the grim darkness of the night. He slid the curtains along the railing across the window and secured a grimy dagger to his left side. Pulling out a keycard from his left pocket, he locked the door behind him on his way into the hallway. The lights down the corridor now allowed you to see all of his features; about 6'0'', dirty (and ruffled) jet-black hair, a little longer than shoulder-length, some places slightly curled on the ends, the gaunt look about his face showcasing his shocking, electric-blue eyes.

He strolled towards the elevator, calling it up to the 3rd floor, stepping inside, and calling it back down the lobby. As he stepped out, he brushed past a woman with a child, a little girl. The mother seemed offended, and the little girl just looked at him. With a smirk on his face, he just looked back her, menacingly (and gruffly) saying, "Boo." The girl, taken aback, rushed with her mother into the elevator, as it 'ding'ed up a few floors.

He kept moving, making a right down this corridor and into a room with barstools and tables all around. He sat at the counter, noticing the exit doors, and brilliant glass windows to the street, outlining the entrance to his left. He leaned forward to the bartender, with the same tone of voice, laying 2 dollars on the table. "Devil's Advocate." The man behind the bar snatched the money, nodding to himself, acknowledging the request, turning his back and fixing the drink.

There were other customers sitting at tables all around the tavern portion (and one of the entrances) to this hotel, but he was the only person sitting at the bar. The bartender set the drink in front of him, as he snatched it, taking a few gulps and setting it back down, as he heard a crash through the window to the left of him.

Bullets.

He flipped over the counter, ducking low enough to be out of sight as the bullets ricocheted around the tavern, the sound of thundering boots rushing in. He heard a radio, shouting commands. "IPSF ..." He said to himself, throwing his head back against he counter. I knew the Inter-Planetary SWAT Force has been after me for awhile now, he thought to himself, but I wouldn't expect them to start shooting up a tavern. He peered over the edge of the counter. "Freeze, Shadow!" He heard somebody command him, as he turned around, slowly straightening up, his hands in the air.

Shadow smirked, "Ah, damn. 'Looks like you caught me." He sighed. "What a shame."
He woke up with a slight headache, muttering to himself, "Jesus ... can a guy get an ounce of ******** rest in here?" He let out a sigh, walking over to the coat and donning his black coat. Then, he proceeded over to a lockbox, fiddling with it, unlocking it, and grabbing two silver magnums with laser sights on it,then slowly stands up an stretchs an heads for the door.
Shadow sensed how tense the room was, a few bodies laying along the side of the wall. "Isn't somebody going to shoot?" He joked, quickly drawing his pistol and shooting the IPSF soldier behind him, flipping over the counter and shooting one in the arm near the doorway. Bullets firing behind him, Shadow ducked behind one of the tables, rolling out into the hall. Frantically, he hit the button, calling the elevator.

As it arrived, Shadow jumped inside, but just as the doors closed, one shot was fired through the crack in between the doors, firing right through the metal next to him. "Damn," He laughed, "These guys aren't very bad shots." With his gun at the ready, he looked left and right before stepping back out of the elevator three stories up.

Dapper Phantom

7,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Two dark brown orbs stared down at the ground from the top of the building. The strong drafts buffeted shoulder-length strands of black-brown hair into the wind despite the previously-meticulous arrangement it had been in.

"What's happening? I heard...shots..."

The voice seemed almost disembodied on the dark rooftop, belonging to a dark figure engulfed in the sanctity of night.

She had not been able to sleep and so went to the rooftop to get some quiet time alone... Seems that quiet time was just avoiding her...all...too...well...

edit: I might go in a bit, guys...My mum needs the computer. But, not to worry. I'll be back in a few hour's time. When I wake up from my hibernation. rofl See you later....I just overexaggerated the hibernation thing. ^_^
He heads down from his room an almost past the corner of the hall,then sees a bullet speed by an alittle shocked,then peeks his head around the corner an sees a man under fire an mutters to himself"s**t...."he leaned against the wall holding up his magnum.Takes a deep breath an leans out opening fire on isf an yells to the man taking cover."looks like you could use some help there budy!"
"Yeah!" Shadow yelled, ducking into an inlet partway down the corridor, heading towards the man shouting at him. The glass burst down the hall, behind the man, as 4 IPSF soldiers rappelled in, taking cover and shooting around the corner. "Over here!" Shadow yelled, motioning for the man to come to him, as Shadow ducked back out of the inlet and around the corner, out of sight of the oncoming bullets.

edit: Alright, Ani. Can't wait to see you back, though. 3nodding
He pulls out a a2 frag grenade, pulls the pin an tosses it down the hall way an waits for the explosion an hears a ISPF soldier yell"grenade!!"the grenade detonates an runs across to the man an does a roll to get there fast an he leans against the wall"names kaiser!"keeping his magnum up an ready.
"Kaiser, huh? Name's Shadow." He laughed, pointing the pistol around the corner and picking off the last one at the end of the hallway. Ducking back around the corner, he jogged over to Kaiser. "Look, you shouldn't've gotten involved in this." He said sternly, looking nervously around as the door next to them busted open, 6 IPSF soldiers storming Kaiser and Shadow. Shadow began to raise his gun, but fought against it, holstering it and raising his hands. "They've got us."

He looked over his shoulder as 3 more came storming around the corner, guns drawn. "... Before they shoot you."
Kaiser sighed, saying, "So, this is what I get for helping a guy out ..." He dropped his magnums, pulling off his coat and revealing five A2 grenades, two M4s, Uzis, and M9 pistols. Then, he raised his hands in the air, surrendeing.

Dapper Phantom

7,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
"AAAAAH!!"

Terrorists? In their neighborhood?

The building swayed, rocked by the explosion in the lower floor. Smoke rose up and reached the rooftop, forcing the dark figure off of the flat space.

Rapid footsteps came from the maintenance stairs, going down, echoing in the hollow and barely adequately-lit place. The figure's reflection flashed into a broken mirror as it passed by the broken shards of glass. It was a young woman, who seemed to still be in high school. She had a roundish face, curtained by strands of dark hair, loosed from the rest that had been clamped at the back of her head. She was naturally tanned, bordering in between fair and dark, a Latina it seems. She was wearing plain jeans and a neon green shirt beneath her trenchcoat. The rubber soles of her worn, pale-green sneakers squeaking scandalously as she hurried down.

A door with a number 33 came up to her left and through this she went. Two men were standing right in front of her, hands held in the air. Her eyes drifted past them and to the nozzles of the guns that were pointed at them...at her. Her hands slowly went up, eyes never leaving the guns. "Ah, o-officer," she stammered nervously with what seemed to be a dry throat. "w-what s-seems to be the p-problem h-here?" Her brows were knit together in confusion and worry.
Shadow smirked at the girl. "Hey, think you can help my friend and I out here?" He laughed, as the officer shoved the barrel of his gun further into his hip. Shadow winced, "Calm down; 'just being friendly." "Come with us." The muffled voice commanded from behind the mask as he pushed Shadow and Kaiser forward a few inches and around the corner.

He looked over his shoulder at the girl, his blue eyes twinkling, as he glanced back at Kaiser. "Change of plans." Smirking, he unholstered the pistol and shot through the first officer, using him as a shield and knocking down the second, pushing Kaiser behind an alcove in the corridor. Take cover, he motioned at the girl, waving with his pistol before ducking into the alcove as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff