Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Welcome to TWG: RotE! This is the second incarnation of my first shop, The Erras Aviary, which opened back in winter of 2003. Now it's back and much improved as The Walkers' Glade, with new art and the story the Aviary lacked entirely. So scroll on down and have a look at everything!

User Image

• 5-10-09
    ---Hiring colorists! Ooh.
    ---Mini WoW event (just a liiiittle one) - scroll on down to the Availability post for details.
    ---Little bit of everything on 495 - foals, certs, and growings.
    ---RL commission info still lives here. <3

• 3-14-09
    ---Certs posted on 472+473, and growings on 477+478.
    ---Finished up most of the RP information, and added an important bit to the 'Backstory' post - please read it if you're going to RP!
    ---Flatsale planned for Wednesday! For details (and pictures!), please scroll down a little. This is only for those who have no errais, so if you no anyone who doesn't, feel free to drag them over!

• 1-16-09
    ---Certs posted! 8D Also on page 462 is (finally!) the female version of the Chaotic. <3 Thank you, Sypoof!

• 10-16-08
    ---Halloween/Phoenix Event!

• 9-30-08
    ---y halo thar. @@ We're finally getting back on our feet (hooves?) again! There'll be some hiccups and some broken links and things, but bear with me and I'll get fixed up again. We have a new cert, courtesy of Chibizoo, so if you'd like your errais certed/recerted, please go here.

• 10-26-07
    ---Nothing from me again yet, but there's a guest-colored Halloween event here.

• 8-27-07
    ---In a moment of astonishing grace last week, I tripped on my hungry cat and broke my ankle very, very badly. Surgery, plate, pins, etc. In short, don't expect me to be getting anything done, or even pop by much. Typing at this particular angle is difficult.

• 8-22-07
    ---If you're interested in RL commissions for errais, just take a look at Meepfur's sig!

• 8-17-07
    ---And the Wildlife Event has ended! XD Well, will end tonight with the raffles, anyway.
    ---You can now purchase customs (adult only) from guest colorists - see the guild for details!
    ---We have, at long last...the foal lineart! Khomi was kind enough to ink and template Khel's foal sketch for us. <3 So that means we can have breeding! Very soon, yes. I'll work on getting the info up.
    ---Oh right! Almost forgot to stick this in, but if you've got old errais I was supposed to transfer onto the new lines, could you please PM the images to me? Thanks!

• 7-14-07
    ---Wildlife Event!

• 6-21-07
    ---Dunno if anyone's interested, but, well, here we go: RL prices for errais.

• 6-17-07
    ---FS on Tuesday! Check the Availability post for details :3.
    ---See the link in the update under this one? Click it. Join, have a look around. You may wind up with a free erras.

• 6-16-07
    ---Mm, guild. http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?gmode=index&guild_id=44273

• 6-14-07
    ---Famous horses event has started, here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28280089

• 6-13-07
    ---I can't help myself, I just LOVE a theme. The famous horses event (all based on real, 20th-century horses) will start tomorrow, Thursday, with the beginning of an auction for Ruffian. On Friday, there will be five errais up for FS. See the Availability post for details and previews.
    ---I know, most flatsales seem to be coming in event form, but I hope no one minds. Having a theme seems to help me when I'm working on things.

• 5-31-07
    ---FS/Event thread up, here!: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27717857

• 5-30-07
    ---Why look, an update! Uh, let's see...there aresome certs on page 253. I've been working through my waja customs and such the past couple days, I've only got two left to finish now.
    ---While taking a break from customs, I've been working on some errais with a My Little Pony theme. So on Friday, June 1st at 9 PM EST (6 PM PST), there'll be a flatsale! It'll work the same as all previous flatsales. There will also be a raffle (for Star Catcher) and an auction (for Glory, Waterfire, and Firefly) after the weekend. So far for the flatsale I have Serendipity, Lovin' Kisses, and Misty Blue.
    ---In a similar vein, I do trade errais for MLPs. See this for details.

• 4-16-07
    ---I keep forgetting to actually put this as an announcement. XD Short on Gaia gold, but play Wajas (wajas.com) and want yourself an erras? Check out my cave to see how you can get one!

• 4-14-07
    ---Mm, not much goin' on, but I added new purchasing options to the customs post. ;D Yet more affordable!

• 3-1-07
    ---Home after nearly a month of being gone, back to my tablet! And also with a new mouse, hoorah. I'll try to finish up the SS certings tomorrow if time allows.
    ---Reduced the price of customs...by quite a bit, actually. They'll stay where they are from now on.

• 2-26-07
    ---Event! Auction, raffles are here, and the FS will take here as well: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23989037
    ---Most of the SS are certed, and all of them should be before the end of this week.

• 2-25-07
    ---I always forget to UPDATE this section. Oops. Anyway, I'm slowly hacking my way through the remaining SS certings (mouse is dying, making it doubly unpleasant work), and hopefully they'll all be done by the end of this week. So, providing that happens, it's definitely flatsale time. Saturday or Sunday, not sure which, depends on how I'm feelin'.

• 11-19-06
    ---Secret Santa event is up! Here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19758869&page=1
    ---LPS auctions and raffle continue~

• 11-17-06
    ---The Littlest Pet Shop auctions and raffle have started! See the Availaility (6th) post.

• 11-14-06
    ---Flatsale went off without a hitch! Congrats to the new owners. n_n
    ---Next up are maybe some auctions and a raffle? Not sure when, but there'll be a Littlest Pet Shop theme. See 155 and 156 for some previews.

• 11-11-06
    ---The banner/cert contest has ended, and the winners are Sleinah and breath.less. Now that we've got certs, it's about time for a flatsale! Look out for one sometime this coming week - it could be as early as Sunday or Monday, I haven't decided yet.
    ---The flatsale will be on Monday the 13th, at 6 PM EST (11 PM GMT, 3 PM PST).

• 10-26-06
    ---In-thread Halloween auction, see the the 6th post!

• 10-19-06
    ---Banner/Cert Contest!

• 10-18-06
    ---If you have any errais from the original shop, I can now upgrade them! This is for Spiritless, Common, male Seraphic/Angelic, and male Chaotic/Demonic. If you have an erras you want upgraded, just post in the thread and send a trade of 2k to Meepfur.
    ---This is also an option for series (such as Love and Harvest) or even unlimited errais (Fire, Wind, Water, Earth). While the upgrades of these will all be similar, they will be unique errais despite having their former spirits in common.
  • User Image
    You know the drill.

• Be courteous in the thread and in PMs. Do not start or drag out fights.

---I'm not a babysitter. Show a little maturity, please.
  • Do not copy/edit/steal the artwork or Erras concept in any way.
    ---Obviously, I'm not going to chase after you for having an equine or unicorn shop; just don't rip off my babies.
  • Don't ask to be on staff or guest color, please.
    ---It's an invitation-only kinda thing.
  • Don't beg for a pet.
    ---It's fine to acknowledge you want one, but you don't need to remind/harass everyone about it. Likewise, please don't whine in here. And there is most certainly to be NO guilt-tripping of owners, no matter how many errais they might have.
  • Roleplay is not required.
    ---But it is fun! However, it is not required for breeding.
  • Owners may not sell their pets, or the offspring of their pets.
    ---They may be given away, however. Just PM this account with details. There are no refunds if you choose to do this.
  • Be a courteous roleplayer! No god-modding, twinking, etc.
    ---This is something that will NOT be tolerated.
  • Co-owning is permitted. You may have an unlimited number of pets.
    ---No more than two owners to one pet, please!
  • Don't direct-link, please.
    ---You'll have to check the thread for growths. Also, I will not PM you when your pet is certed/grows.
  • User Image
    Always feel free to ask!

Okay...erras/errais? What's up with that?
    'Erras' is the singular, 'errais' its plural. One erras, two errais.

So what's it mean?
    Well, it's been almost three years since I gave them that name, but it just meant 'one horn,' if I remember right. It's Sindarin Elvish.

Oh, great. This isn't Lord of the Rings, is it?
    Nope, it's not. ^^ Let me be clear, though, that this shop first started nearly three years ago, and I was a little obsessed then. Also, errais were never actually meant for roleplay, so I wasn't worried about continuity problems. I couldn't bring myself to change their name this time around, though.

Common? Seraphic? Forest? What is all this stuff?
    Just the types of errais. Common is simply that, the most common type to be found, with the most variety. All the other types are specific: all Seraphic had Seraphic/Angelic Spirits, etc.. Common errais could have any Spirit under the sun, except for Seraphic, Chaotic, Forest, and Phoenix.

Ex-Spirit? What's that supposed to mean?
    That's the Spirit an erras used to have, before it was sacrificed to seal the erras away. All first-generation errais are Ex-Spirits. And although their appearance remains permanently changed by the Spirits they once had, Chaotic, Seraphic, Forest, and Phoenix are also Ex-Spirits.

There's only one erras known to still have his Spirit, and that's Alderaen, because he was never sealed away.

What Spirits were there besides the special ones?
    Basically...they could have been anything from an emotion to an animal to an element to a a kind of terrain (Swamp, Mountain, etc.), a concrete thing like Rock or some abstract concept like Honor or an event like War. Just...anything, really.

What makes an erras first-generation?
    First-generation applies to any erras who was sealed away, whether they were foal or adult at the time. Basically, it's any erras not the result of a breeding in this shop. (As the first shop was pre-Sealing, bred errais from that shop are counted as first-generation.)

What the heck is up with all this 'Sealing' stuff?
    As I've said, the original erras shop wasn't intended for roleplay at all; and while this one definitely doesn't require it, I know some people like to have the option.

The short of it is that I wanted a reason to not have to really deal with Spirits and their potential powers anymore, so I got rid of them. It just makes my life a little easier.

Angelic/Seraphic? Chaotic/Demonic? Can't you make up your mind?
    Angelic and Demonic are what I called the two subtypes originally, but in recreating the shop, I wanted to use something slightly less overdone, and possibly with less of a good-evil connotation. You might compare Seraphic to 'Lawful,' and Chaotic to...well, 'Chaotic.'

So...if there's already an Ex-Spirit of ___, does that mean I can't have one?
    Actually, nope, it doesn't! It's extremely, extremely rare for an erras to have been the only one withs its particular Spirit. While they will differ in appearance, more than one erras can have had whatever type of Spirit.
    User Image
    Types and stages.

Common: adult male, adult female

Spiritless: adult male, adult female

Chaotic: adult male, adult female

Seraphic: adult male, adult female

Phoenix: adult male, adult female

Forest: Built like Akhal-Tekes, with cloven hooves, stag horns, no wings, a 'mohawk' mane that runs all the way down the back, and a scraggly tail.

Walker Stages
    Errais have 2-3 stages. All errais aside from Spiritless and any resulting from breedings 'begin' as ankhs (see backstory for why). If the spirit held inside was enclosed in the ankh as an adult, it will awaken as an adult; if it was a foal, it will awaken as a foal. Breedings will only produce foals, not ankhs.
    User Image
    What's your 'Once upon a time..'?

Errais are a very old race, who possess the ability to travel between worlds. Originating in an island chain of a long-forgotten world, they were among the first creatures to walk that world, along with two 'humanoid' races, the Vyine and the Kourai, followed much later by humans. When a war amongst those three races broke out, the Errais refused to take sides; when efforts were made on all accounts to try and force them into choosing, they simply turned tail and left, scattering themselves across the worlds.

Though all Errais possess the capability of world-travel, their individual magic varied widely; these magics were such a part of Errais that they came to be called 'spirits,' and they were anything from animal-related (Falcon, for example) to element-based (Fire, etc.), and everything in between. Some spirit types were so intense that, over successive generations, the appearance of those Errais twisted and evolved, creating the Chaotic (sometimes called Demonic), Angelic, Phoenix, and Forest subtypes. Of all the subtypes, it was the Phoenix and the Forest who were capable of true magic, real spells, but they were also the most rarely seen. There also existed those called the Spiritless, who possessed no magic, no horns, and no wings. They were, essentially, just extremely intelligent horses, aside from their ability to world-walk. Oftentimes they were employed as warhorses, integrated into the stock of one world or another.

But many, many, many years after the Errais scattered, adopting new homes, allies, and languages (over time, they even forgot their own in favor of others), something began to seek them out for their magic, killing them to release and obtain the power of their spirits. In an effort to save what remained of his race, a reclusive Forest type by the name of Alderaen stepped in. Making a deal with a mysterious group known simply as Guardians, who themselves were able to travel from world to world via a place best described as being 'between worlds' itself. Having secured a safe haven for his people to rest, Alderaen set about saving them in the only way he could find -- to seal them away until the evil passed (although many did not come to him, and perished).

So, one by one, using his magic and the power of their own souls, he sealed them each into a pendant like those worn by the Guardians themselves. When this was done, his own magic entirely spent, Alderaen lay down to rest, and slept for a thousand years, until something (or someone) awakened him. Ever so slowly, as his weakened power allowed, he began to free the Errais from their self-made prisons. While they come forth unharmed, one thing is missing -- the spirits that gave them their unique magics; all that is left to them is the ability so core to their being, laid deeper even than their spirits, and that is the ability to world-walk.

Now that they're awake, the Errais are free to do as they will once again. Though some may choose to stay in that place-between-worlds, others might choose to leave, returning to their wanderings, and some may very well choose develop bonds to other peoples, sometimes as a whole, sometimes on an individual basis. So far as anyone knows, the Spiritless were unharmed by the terror that plagued the others, although they have long since scattered and changed in the many years it's taken for the other Errais to return.

Of their long-lost language, only fragments remain -- familial terms and a few other small things. They even forgot their race's original name.

The Present

Because of the number of errais involved with characters from Edelsteine, we will say that the recent 'Gehenna' event affected the erras-continuity as well. This means that, because of the death of Lucius (the God of the Universe), there is no sky at the moment - and, more importantly, errais are currently incapable of world-walking. Wherever they are, they're stuck there. For most of them, that would mean the Glade.

With everyone who lives in the Glade (errais, guardians, and all) stuck there, and considering the world almost came to an end, things are generally pretty tense; although the crisis was averted, it's safe to say no one's thrilled to be trapped in the Glade. It's a safe place and all, but when you've spent your whole life able to world-walk, being confined to one world isn't going to be a pleasant feeling. The Glade itself is in a little bit of disrepair, and a lot of the vegetation (and a fair few of the animals) has died. It is, however, starting to come back.

Alderaen, who'd travelled to the Pantheon to join in the big help-save-the-world!ceremony, is stuck there - his absence after the trauma that came with the world almost ending may or may not make some errais nervous. To those who were also present, however, he revealed that he knew the true-name the errais had forgotten: Hiviruli, which means 'those who walk.' Given the current situation, only those present know this just yet, but it'll get around once, well...they can get around again.
    User Image
    Sales, Auctions, Raffles, Events

Speed Flatsale Procedure:
    • There will be a 10-minute period of silence prior to the sale.
    • A large, red GO post by Meepfur will start the sale.
    • If there's a false start, the sale will not be redone on account of it. Sorry.
    • You do not claim a specific erras, just post that you want one - not which one. (There is no magic/required phrase.)
    • Once acknowledged, the first however-many people will THEN choose which erras they like, in the order they posted (first person gets first pick, etc., down on to the last person).
    • Winners then send a trade of 3k to Meepfur/Meepfeather (either is fine) and post certing info in the guild.
    • You may proxy, and you may choose to have a co-owner. Obivously, you can only have one 'claim' post (no 'I want one and my friend wants one!'), and you can only become an owner or co-owner of ONE erras from the flatsale. If it's a newbie FS, the person doing the proxying doesn't have to be a newbie.
    • If you have a proxy, you need to give them a list of your preferences.

Flatsale planned for Saturday May 16 at 4 PM EST.
    Argent Hippogryph (Female Phoenix)
    Mazzranache (Male Seraphic)
    Jenny, Fezzix's Pack Mule (Female Spiritless)
    Daggermaw Blackhide (Male Common; Ferocity Ex-Spirit)

Auction Procedure:
    • Auctions may take place in this thread or a separate one.
    • Starting bid is always 3k. Minimum increment is 1k.
    • There is never an autobuy.
    • Any item worth 10k or more will be accepted as part of a bid, taken at the lowest 'Buy Now' price on the vend.
    • Co-owning is allowed (two people only, as usual).
    • No guilt-tripping, no whining, none of that stuff. Be a good sport, please. ^^
    • 10 minute anti-snipe. Any bid within the last ten minutes of the auction extends the auction by ten minutes from the time of the bed. Once a bid stands uncontested for ten minutes, the auction is over.

Current Auction(s):
    User Image
    White War Talbuk (Female Chaotic)
    Starts: Sunday May 10 at 1 PM EST
    Ends: Saturday May 16 at 6 PM EST
    HB: 150k by Capricorn Sunchai
    [make sure to check the thread, in case I haven't been around to update]
    User Image

Customs
    Open for any adult errais except female chaotic.
    PM Meepfeather with a form and send a trade to claim a spot.

[Slots are unlimited for now, unless I get swamped.]
    1. Open.
    2. Open.
    3. Open.

Rules/Details
    1. First, I should make it clear that I will never offer lineart edits; I wouldn't be able to match Khel's art well enough to pull them off. Also, there are some customs I won't take, if I feel they won't fit the lines/I won't be able to pull them off.
    2. Customs, just like any other errais, can be co-owned (no more than two owners to an erras, please).
    3. No one person can have more than one erras and one familiar custom a per opening through custom slots. (This does not include pet/art trades.) (Not applicable at the moment - order to your heart's content.)
    4. You may proxy for someone else, or get someone a custom as a gift.
    5. There is no extra fee for 'complicated' coloring, and whether your erras starts as ankh, foal, or adult, the price will be the same.
    6. Slots cannot be reserved, so please don't ask me.
    7. I will not accept the trade until I've finished my work. Also, please be aware that your custom could take anywhere from hours to days or possibly even weeks, depending on circumstances.
    8. Be sure to fill out the form as clearly and completely as possible. ^^
    9. There will be NO clothes-as-markings cosplays. They look ridiculous.

Prices:
    Familiar (any) - 30k
    Common Erras - 300k
    Seraphic Erras - 800k
    Chaotic Erras - 800k
    Phoenix Erras - 1500k
    Spiritless Erras - 500k (Only come in natural horse colors.)
    Prices are intended to help maintain a sort of ratio of species.

Forest errais are not currently available through custom slots.

NEW OPTIONS:
    Want an erras but don't want to wait for a flatsale or pay the full custom price? Well, have I got a deal for you! If you'd like a randomly-colored common erras without having to wait, just fling me a PM here on the mule along with a trade of 75k (semi-custom for 150k). Random spiritless would be 125k, random chaotic or seraphic would be 400k. For semi-custom common, you choose gender and ex-spirit. [Spiritless and Seraphic/Chaotic not available in semi-custom.]

Erras Form:
    Name:
    Owner(s):
    Stage: [Foal or Adult]
    Base/body color:
    Mane/tail color:
    Markings:
    Wing color:
    Horn color:
    Hoof color:
    Eye color:
    Reference image(s): (If you have them.)
    Ex-Spirit:

Familiar Form:
    Name:
    Owner(s):
    Base color:
    Markings:
    Eye color:
    Reference image(s): (If you have them.)

Pet (and Art) Trades
    Open! For most foals and adults (but no adult female Chaotic yet).

Rules/Details
    1. First, I should make it clear that I will never offer lineart edits; I wouldn't be able to match Khel's art well enough to pull them off.
    2. Customs, just like any other errais, can be co-owned (no more than two owners to an erras, please).
    3. If you get a trade, you may use it to gift someone with an erras.
    4. If you want to offer a trade, please PM this mule, Meepfeather, with your offer. If I don't respond within a week, you may assume I'm not interested.
    5. If the shop you'd like to offer a trade from isn't on the list below, you can still offer!
    6. And yes, you may also offer art! I definitely love me some good art.
    7. If you fail to hold up your end of the trade (after months and months, I'm talking), I can and will revoke the erras you traded for and quite possibly give it to someone else. This will not, however, make you unwelcome in the shop, because things do happen and I understand that.

Trades I'd definitely be interested in:
    Art
    Soquili
    Noctua
    Feli
    Talaye
    Elderspark
    User Image
    Familiars! With lineart by the talented Amy D. Just over a dozen critter types.

Available Species:
    Hirsute (pl. Hirsute):

Kiribos (pl. Kiriboi): x These stand roughly 3 feet high at the shoulder - a lot of it leg. They're the largest hitchhikers familiars errais have to deal with, and have to drape themselves over a willing erras' back if they want a ride. Fortunately, they tend to be very calm and quiet, so it minimizes the annoyance.

Vulnaga (pl. Vulnaga): x Vulnaga run anywhere from 1 to 2 feet in length, and are the only familiars capable of speech (they speak out loud, not through mindspeech). They're possessed of a childlike intelligence and racoon-like 'hands,' as well as an ability to float; they can sort of 'swim' through the air. They can't go very high, but it's enough to get them to erras-height. They like to drape themselves on an erras' horn (as you can probably imagine, they don't like Chaotic or Phoenix errais very much because of that).

Struthario (pl. Struthario): x 18-inch tall airheads, plain and simple. They're crazy, kooky, and blissfully ignorant of the fact that they have a knack for being annoying. Struthario can fly rather like storks.

Sciuridac (pl. Sciuridae): x Squirrel-size, these little bundles of energy can skitter and leap around for hours until exhaustion finally hits; then, just like that, they're out like a light. Those graspy little hands and feet of theirs make them natural hair-clingers and -swingers. Sciuridae most love to go along for a ride in the manes and tails of errais.

Cerivalt (pl. Cerivalti): x These are the size of your standard rabbit, not the dwarfs or giants. Cerivalti have voracious appetites, which seems to be their prime motivation for tagging along - they want to taste everything the worlds have to offer! They're immune to almost all poisons found in plants (otherwise they'd be in some serious trouble, let me tell you!). These ride carefully on errais' backs.

Quetzalug (pl. Quetzalugs): x These grow to 4 feet long from nose to tail, and there's plenty of weight to go with it. Quetzalugs are also every bit as grumpy as they look, and are even greedier eaters than Cerivalts. They're omnivores who will try to eat anything at least once. Those tiny wings of theirs are practically useless with all that weight to carry, so they're lucky if they can get more than a few inches off the ground (after which they'll promptly fall...hard). Again, backriders.

Avessh (pl. Avessha): x These vary in length from 6 to 12 inches, but they've got a lot of spunk for their size. They oftentimes seem oblivious to the fact that all it takes is one misplaced hoof and they could go squish. Fortunately for them, however, they can fly with those little wings of theirs - not very high or for very long, but it does get them up onto an erras' back quite nicely.

Griffulk (pl. Griffulks):

Cirricat (pl. Cirricats): x These are like the slowest, laziest, fattest housecats you've ever seen. Cirricats seem to have an utter lack of enthusiasm for life, and have very little personality that anyone can discern. They can and often do sit unmoving for hours, and the most response you're ever likely to get out of them is a 'meoowuuugh.'

Mustel (pl. Mustels):
    User Image
    Never required, always fun.
    [This section is under serious construction.]

About the Glade
    plug it in, plug it in~ *shot*
    • The Glade is best described as a place between worlds, and not a world itself. Though it is separate, it is connected to all there is - every time, every world, every dimension. How it came to exist is a mystery. It is something very few have heard of, and even fewer have seen. It is home to the Guardians, and now to the errais as well.
    • Within its boundaries, the Glade is boundless, and forever in the midst of a mild summer. It's a temperate place, with flowers and trees and green grass in abundance. The 'sides' are rocky and frequently dotted with caves. It has day and night and thunderstorms and rain just like any other place.
    • The errais have their own sort of 'section' of the Glade where they can go about their business without being disturbed or disturbing others. For the most part, unless a Guardian crosses into 'their' territory, they don't encounter each other.
    • Errais are not the only non-Guardians in the Glade - there are roaming populations of all sorts of animals who, for one reason or another, have become native to the place. They're not precisely wild, nor are they fully tame, but they recognize that the Guardians and errais mean them no harm, and in turn do not harm them (although they might get heckled, errais aren't hunted by anything here).
      ---Most of these animals are on the small-ish side - there's definitely nothing erras-sized. There are a few wolf packs, various flocks of birds and schools of freshwater fish, rodents, small grazers, and some other social predators. I'll get more details up about them eventually.

About the Guardians

Non-player Characters
    • Alderaen ['al-duh-rain]
    • Therianne ['thair-ee-an]
      ---Alderaen's mate, Therianne was a Phoenix erras. No one's seen or heard from her since before the Sealing, so it's assumed that she died. Her disappearance was the catalyst for Alderaen's actions.
    • Cataran ['kat-uh-ran]
      ---Cataran is a sort of off-duty Guardian, turned treasure-hunter. The woman is from an appearance-shifting race called Chameleons, and when she's not masquerading as someone else, has some strikingly reptilian features - patches of scales, a crocodile-like tail, and membranous wings like a dragon's. She has little clusters/crests of feathers behind her ears that are very good mood indicators.
    • Doukas ['doo-kuss]
      ---Doukas is Cataran's partner; they left the active Guardian force together. A common erras, formerly a Gem Spirit, he was among the errais who agreed to directly ally themselves with the Guardians. He pops in and out of the Glade with his partner.
    • Shavri ['shah-vree]
      ---Shavri is the quiet, serious leader of the Guardians; if the Glade belongs to anyone, it's her. The woman is ageless, young in appearance but with long hair turned white. She's a small-boned but tall, almost fragile-looking figure. Only Alderaen, Hyksos, and the Guardian Errais are familiar with her; all others know of her existence and who she is, but have never met her.
    • Beillo ['bay-loh]
      ---Beillo is an ancient blue dragon who's lived in the glade for as long as anyone can remember - for as long as he can remember, for that matter. His huge, lumbering form is also an arthritic one, so he doesn't move around very much. Stationary though he may be, he's a kind-hearted old soul who's full of advice for anyone who asks it of him...if he can stay awake long enough to give it - he's narcoleptic.

Continuity=Love
    This section is especially important for people with 'upgraded' errais, but it'll do everyone some good.

• Everything in this incarnation of the shop takes place more than a 1000 years after the existence of the first. Not that there's actually a shop ICly, but...you get what I mean.
    • As for the upgraded errais whose appearances have changed somewhat - let's say that ICly, they haven't physically changed. It'll just take some of the potential WTF out of our lives.
    • When the errais were sealed away, none of them had any idea that it would cause them to lose their Spirits. This realization is something every freshly-emerged erras must come to deal with.
    • Every erras broken from its Seal gets a rundown of things from Alderaen once they've shaken off the after-effects of being Sealed (confusion, nausea, etc., varying in intensity from individual to individual). Obviously, I haven't got time to RP this out with everyone. So, they'll find out details about the Glade (see the section on that above) and that they're free to come and go as they please (but never can they bring someone - say, a human - into the Glade), and be informed of that missing Spirit problem. Every erras is told these things by Alderaen. Assume it happened.

That World-walking Thing
    'Running the chasm.'
    • Basically, errais are capable of running throughwhat they call the 'chasm' between worlds, and can See and pass through the 'doors' (portals, really) that lead into and out of it. Though it's very rare, some errais are capable of world-walking without using doors - they can make their own temporary ones, essentially, and can even pass straight from world to world without having to run the chasm.
    • Chasm is almost a misleading term - 'plain' (and yes, I mean plain, not plane) would almost be a more accurate term. It's a flat, utterly endless darkness. The dark/foreboding connotation of chasm is what makes it a fitting name for the place.
    • The chasm is, bizarrely, actually inhabited by things. Beings (if you can call them that) of pure energy, basically scuttling around doing...no one knows what, really, besides absorbing any other energy-things smaller than them that they come across. No one stays long enough to find out, and how sentient they are or are not is entirely up for debate. Most are harmless or uninterested in travellers like errais, although some might flick out a little tendril of themselves to have a 'feel' (or a 'taste,' who knows what they're actually doing?). It would definitely tickle a little, from static shock to something more intense, respective to the size of the thing.
    • There is one kind of energy being dangerous to errais, and that's a _____ [no name for them yet, sorry]. Think of them as big, roiling stormclouds with nasty attitudes, hellish appetites, and maybe some tentacles. They engulf anything living (usually other energy-things) that they come across, and something not native to the chasm seems to send out some kind of 'I'm here, come eat me' pulse that draws them in like sharks. Granted, they're pretty few and far between, but if there's one close enough to pick up on a presence...it'll haul a** to get to it.
    • Those things are why errais run the chasm. The less time they spend in it, the less likely they are to have a problem.
    • Errais are capable of carrying other beings through the chasm to other worlds, as long as their passenger is holding onto them. If that someone or something is unfortunate enough to fall off and get lost somehow...well, they're goners.
    • World-walking, or running the chasm, can be a pretty tiring thing, not typically something an erras would want to do more than, say, once every couple of days. If they're really desperate for some reason, they can probably push themselves to a few times in one day, but more than that and they start risking serious problems (up to and including death from exhaustion).

• Here is where I'm going to clarify that errais CANNOT bring people/sentient beings from other worlds into the Glade - it's one of the rules they abide by in return for being able to stay there. If somebody brings someone in...their a** is grass.

Communication

• When it comes to verbal communication, errais are strictly limited to the sort of sounds horses can make.
    • Obviously, their body language is similar to that of horses as well, with the addition of wings (themselves useful indicators of mood). Errais who had an animal Spirit may borrow some of their tendencies from whatever animal Spirit they had.
    • All errais save for the Spiritless type are capable of mental communication - 'mindspeech,' if you will.
    • Contrary to some types of mental communication you might have encountered in fantasy, erras mindspeech doesn't consist of 'thoughts' everyone can understand. Just like spoken language, it's formed of words, and you need to know the language they're speaking in to understand them.
    • For simplicity's sake, it can be assumed that the sort of 'default' language is English (or as some might choose to call it, 'Common.')
    • Errais do, however, tend to have a love for languages (or at least a necessity to know them for their travels), so most are multilingual. They also tend to be quick learners of language.
    • I should also clarify the kind of 'range' this speech has...which is to say, just about the same as a normal person speaking. They can whisper, talk in a normal 'voice,' shout, scream, etc., all with the same range a human voice has.
    • There is no 'long-distance' version of mindspeech, no sort of special projection mode or anything.

All the Bits and Pieces
    As said in the backstory, errais have their own language - or they used to, anyway. Over time, they forgot it. No one knows what happened (or if they do, they're not telling), but for some reason...they stopped being able to remember it. Everyone except for some of the Forest and Phoenix, that is; but try as they might, they can't teach it to the others, because it just slips right out of their heads as soon as they've heard it.

There are a few bits they've managed to hold onto over the years, although they've been corrupted slightly from their original forms. They are all familial terms, pluralized by adding an 'i (ex. maajo'i).

• Mother - haanee (also used for 'grandmother' and 'aunt')
    • Father - ohee (also used for 'grandfather' and 'uncle')
    • Sister - lusree
    • Brother - poyee
    • Child - yaalee
    • Daughter - yaasree
    • Son - yaayee
    • Cousin - maajo (also used as a friendly term for non-relatives)

Capabilities

• Errais cannot fly. Period. Their wings are too small, and they lost the magic that let them fly despite that. Now they're grounded, tough luck for them.
    • Human-level intelligence, pretty much. Anything from idiot to genius within that.
    • Physically on a level with horses...we'll say warmblood to light draft.
    • World-walking, as described above.

Death, etc.
  • Errais are immortal! Sort of. They will never grow old and die; once they reach maturity, they simply stop aging.
  • They can, however, be killed. No special method is required, and though they have some resilience when it comes things like poison and disease, they're still susceptible. Phoenix are immune to toxins, illness, and so on, but are no more resistant to physical harm than the other types.
  • When injured or ill, errais recover at a normal rate. Phoenix used to be able to heal themselves and others, but they have lost that capability.
  • Errais can breathe in most environments, including underwater (and in space!!!).

Social
  • Errais vary widely in terms of social tendencies, but their herds are usually loosely-structured and temporary. It's rare that a group would form and keep together forever, given their immortality and the transient nature of the species - everyone's bound to wander off in their own direction eventually.
  • Loners are very common, and most errais spend a good portion of their lives alone, for the same reason as above. Small groups of travelling companions, however, will form quite frequently.

About Those Spiritless
  • User Image
    Needs no tagline...but somehow has one anyway.

The Basics
    ---Breeding is not RP-required.
    ---There is no limit on how many times an erras may breed. The latest offspring of a female erras, however, must have been grown up for a month before she can be bred again. There is no wait period for males.
    ---No same-sex breedings, sorry! It just doesn't work that way, I'm afraid. If you absolutely must have foals for a homosexual pair, for males there must be a surrogate mother (I will randomize which male is the genetic/real father if you want to leave it up to me), and females...well, they need a donor.
    ---No breeding relatives please, except from cousins on out IF there is adequate RP backing to it.
    ---Seraphic, Chaotic, and Common errais can all interbreed, but Spiritless only breed with Spiritless!
    ---Errais usually give birth to 1-2 foals, but there is a one in three chance for an additional foal. This will be randomized after the number of foals is first rolled. [So if you rolled a one, but get the one in three chance of an additional foal, you will get two; if you rolled two and get the additional foal, you will have three.]
    ---Each owner may only keep one foal from each breeding.
    ---No selling foals, please! You may, however, hold free contests to find homes for them.
    ---All errais born from breedings in this shop have no ex-spirits, because they weren't around when errais had spirits! So they never had one to lose, nor do they somehow magically get them.
    ---Breeding fee is 3k per foal.
    ---You may breed two of your own errais together.

Openings!
    ---Closed.

Expecting
    User Image

Doesn't exist! Unless someone feels like keeping up with one. 8D If you wanna be nosy, feel free to browse the PB.
    User Image

Owner/Manager/Colorist: Meepfur
    Guest Colorists: Safaia, Vashtya, Aris Ravenstar,
    Orasteele, Forbidden Filly, Manda, Baneful,
    Taejira, raep-chwan, TheMadHatter, Kisoni,
    Atriz, Eff Em, Pukio, tani duh!, Sosiqui,
    Rapidashtrainer, Khomi, honey.roasted.ferrets
    Illuseon, Angmar
    Owners List: Ithiltari
    User Image

Concept: Meepfur
    Erras Lineart/Shading: kheleksul (with help from Khomi, Syrie, and Slander)
    Familiar Lines/Shading: Amy D
    Original Certs: breath.less
    Current Certs: Chibizoo
    Banners: Sleinah

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items