Welcome to Gaia! ::

First, does anyone actually believe in creationism? If so, how leaving behind evolution, how could dinosaurs possibly have existed? also, wouldn't all people be nearly identical due to only 2 sets of DNA being reproduced over and over again?

And if you believe in ID, then why do species go extinct? that seems more like "stupid design that fails" than intelligent.
The response I hear most often from creationists is that the fossils were put in the earth by Satan to confuse us. But I'm not a creationist so I wouldn't know beyond that.
Hmm.. I heard that Satan couldn't do anything physical like that. If it's true though, why doesn't god remove them? And I would like some responses from People who are creationists, of believe in ID.
Well, I can sort of see how people could believe in the creation story to an extend. Like if they believed a day to God was really a billion years or whatever. (Note: I'm to lazy to actually look up how long it took for the Earth to form)

As far as ID, I don't see extinction as a design flaw so much as what's the point of something lasting forever anyway? Not to mention that if you think about Chaos Theory and how everything has a sort of chain reaction that leads to something else, maybe it's impossible to have the desired end result without haveing a few controlled "failures" along the way.
Not A Marshmallow
Well, I can sort of see how people could believe in the creation story to an extend. Like if they believed a day to God was really a billion years or whatever. (Note: I'm to lazy to actually look up how long it took for the Earth to form)

As far as ID, I don't see extinction as a design flaw so much as what's the point of something lasting forever anyway? Not to mention that if you think about Chaos Theory and how everything has a sort of chain reaction that leads to something else, maybe it's impossible to have the desired end result without haveing a few controlled "failures" along the way.

i think about 4.7 billion years. I may be wrong though.

What's the point of making something that isn't perfect, if you are perfect yourself?
todpury
The response I hear most often from creationists is that the fossils were put in the earth by Satan to confuse us. But I'm not a creationist so I wouldn't know beyond that.

Ummm, NO. Jesus buried them in the earth to test our faith! DUH!

Heh, I kid, I kid.

Seriously though? I really can't believe in evolution. I find it hard to think that existance just happened on accident.

It takes just as much faith to believe that in the begining the entire universe was a big ball of gas, as that the great god Marduk split the dragon goddess in half and devided her body into the heavens and the earth 3nodding .
X--Demyx IX
todpury

Heh, I kid, I kid.

Seriously though? I really can't believe in evolution. I find it hard to think that existance just happened on accident.

It takes just as much faith to believe that in the begining the entire universe was a big ball of gas, as that the great god Marduk split the dragon goddess in half and devided her body into the heavens and the earth 3nodding .
But we know that gas exists, no?
X--Demyx IX
todpury

Heh, I kid, I kid.

It wasn't an accident. The circumstances are ALWAYS perfect for the outcome.
anyone else thing they can contend with my points?
todpury
Until it's proven, it's bullshit to me.
X--Demyx IX
todpury

Heh, I kid, I kid.

Just because something is unlikely doesn't make it impossible. A perfect example of this is Bush getting not only one term, but TWO.
While I suppose you can never *really* prove anything, if you want to be completely technical, I'd find it much less likely that a god created the universe than some random occurance like the big bang doing it. Oh well, these religious threads sure are prolific today.
gahhh so much ignoring of the OP!
Lick My Udders
v****a
Troll.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items