Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you must.

+1 1 100.0% [ 263 ]
Total Votes:[ 263 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 27 28 > >>

I think we should allow it.

As long as they teach Evolution, they should teach creationism as well. Nobody is forced to take it as the truth, just like we aren’t forced to take Evolution is the truth, teach it as a theory, because that was it really is.
And I’m not talking just teach about Jesus. I want to know them all.
No, I will not go to a Church, because it church it is preached to you, I don’t want anything preached to me. Teach it to me!
Religion has influenced many leaders since the beginning of time, correct? So thus it’s worth discussing.
Evolution is unproven, so they teach it as a theory, so lets teach Creationism. They just skim the tp of the iceberg about religions in social studies, correct? So why not have a class that goes into full details about them.
We live in a global world today, It would be unbiased, give the different viewpoints. There is nothing wrong with learning about religions, weather you decide to believe in them or not, the least it would do id open up doors to knowledge, and really, isn’t that what we are after, knowledge? Teach us knowledge so we can function in society, wouldn’t it be great if people understood the major religions of the world and not jump to conclusions because they don’t understand?

Sorry for venting, this is my public policy.

What are your opinions?
I think that there is absolutely no reason to teach that fictitious crap to students. Teach it at home if that's what you want your kids to believe.
lumnata
I think that there is absolutely no reason to teach that fictitious crap to students. Teach it at home if that's what you want your kids to believe.

Well excuse me, but there are some close minded parents out there that don’t want or have time to teach it to their children. And I don’t have parents.
The problem is that Evolution is NOT a theory, and Creationism is NOT a viable theory to the creation of the universe.
Also, it brings Religion into Public Schools, which should not be allowed, ever. If someone wants Religion, they'll go to a churce, or a synagogue, or a mosque, or whatever. But learning English, and Math, and Science and History should be completely seperate from learning God.
The final problem is that Creationism is a tool, used by the Religious Right to convert people to Christianity. This is a free country. Freedom of Religion is one of the founding principles. I refuse to go to a school where any religion is being taught to me or others, because it infringes on my rights as a citizen of the United States. Since all citizens have the right to go to a public school, there should be no religion in Public Schools.
I really am a supporter of an unbiased education. However the problem with creationism is that it simply is not a science and should not be taught in science class. It's fine for creatinism to be taught in spirituality classes, but there is not scientific basis whatsoever for creationism, so why should it be taught in science. Allow kids to study both sides of the debate and let them choose, but don't present spirituality as science.
No, absolutely not. Evolution is a scientific theory, and creationism is a religious belief. Guess what doesn't belong in public schools? Yeah, thats right, your religion. Not everyone believes in it, and whereas with sceience, which is needed for the future and doesn't involve belief in magical beings, creationism is not the only beginning of the world story out out there. You wanna teach that? Fine, teach every other belief about how the world was formed. And furthermore, teach it in a religious studies class. Not science. Saying 'God did it' is not a logical explanation and doens't belong in my science clas.

6,350 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
1. Evolution is not a theory. It has been proven through several years of testing and observation. Whether it was the dawn of all existence has yet to be proven, but evolution did, and is still happening today.

2. Cretionism on the other hand, cannot be proven. To prove Creationism, you first have to prove that the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob is, indeed, real. Then, you must prove he is the only deity, or at least, the only one with the power to create life. Then you must prove historically that the events in Creation actually occurred.

3. Even if it was taught in school, it shouldn't be taught in a science class. IT is not scientific.

4. You can learn about religion all you want through independent study and college. Just becasue you can't learn in it school, doesn't mean any one's trying to brainwash you.
Denzyz
No, absolutely not. Evolution is a scientific theory, and creationism is a religious belief. Guess what doesn't belong in public schools? Yeah, thats right, your religion. Not everyone believes in it, and whereas with sceience, which is needed for the future and doesn't involve belief in magical beings, creationism is not the only beginning of the world story out out there. You wanna teach that? Fine, teach every other belief about how the world was formed. And furthermore, teach it in a religious studies class. Not science. Saying 'God did it' is not a logical explanation and doens't belong in my science clas.

Pretty much summed it all up.
Mura Tokudaiji
lumnata

Well excuse me, but there are some close minded parents out there that don’t want or have time to teach it to their children. And I don’t have parents.

If the kid is really that damn interested and their parents won't take them, they can pick up a book at a library. Just because some parents dont't each their kids to believe in magical people doens't mean we should all have to learn about them.

6,350 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
lumnata

Prove it is ficticious outside of opinion.
Mura Tokudaiji
lumnata

But you do have the internet. So you could learn about whatever you wanted by yourself.

Evolution is science, that's why it's taught and ID isn't.
Mura Tokudaiji
lumnata

Wait.
So.. you want to teach just Christianity along side evolution.
Not intelligent design. All the tenets of Christianity?

edit: I don't understand how you can teach Creationism and also teach other religions.
When I was in school they taught about the different religions in history when we would learn about the different cultures, and then evolution in science classes. I really had no problem with it and neither did my parents. I think that it is a good idea to teach all the different ideas that people have, and saying that one is wrong while the other is right is just plain ignorant.
Kimihiro_Watanuki
1. Evolution is not a theory. It has been proven through several years of testing and observation. Whether it was the dawn of all existence has yet to be proven, but evolution did, and is still happening today.
Evolution is a theory and cannot be proven. Just letting you know.
Kay. Then we should also teach every little aspect of Atheism! Yay! I had to learn everything I learned about evolution and the big bang and the idea that there wasn't a God by myself. If people are interested they can do it themselves. And plus, gravity is ALSO a theory, just like evolution. If you choose not to believe in evolution, you might as well believe that the apple will float on upwards.

Religion isn't really a theory. Usually you need proof for a theory to occur. Religion =//= proof == theory. See?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff