Welcome to Gaia! ::

budding much?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 14, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

<center>Please don't quote this</center>

Ok, Do you think theres ever a point in which a teacher can butt in too much? For example, theres a teacher at my highschool who is always budding into my friends and my lives and just really getting on my nerves

(names of my friends have been changed)

example one:
My friend 'Annie' was having a hard time at home and it effected her work. Although she is a smart girl, her grades started to slip. My teacher (at teacher/parent confrences) told her parents that she thought 'Annie' should be placed in regular classes. So her parents agreed to it and Annie was placed in them during the MIDDLE of the school year, changing her WHOLE lin of classes. So she pretty much told Annies parents that annie wasn't smart enough and just becuase she was doing bad in her class meant she was doing bad in all her other classes and she wouldn't be able to raise her grades again.

Example two:
My friend 'Luna' wore some really baggy black pants (from hot topic) and a black dog collar she barrowd from another friend to school. The next day Luna was pulled out by my teacher at the beginning of class and was gone for 5-6 minutes. When she came back she told us that my teacher had said she thought she had dressed wrongly and that she shouldn't make fashion statemeants but instead work on her school work. She also old Luna that she had a student who started to dress like she had and their grades fell. so she pretty much told her that if she dressed 'gothic' her grades drop badly

Example three:
This ones about me, ok I'm not the strongest in math right but I keep a c-b grade. Well when it came time to pick classes for next year my teacher told me she thought I would be able to make it through chemistry alright and that she would place me in honors again. THEN she was talking to my mom (parent/teach night for half 4th term) and she told my mom that she hadn't even recomended me to the people who help place the classes. She had also told my mother that she told me she would to "keep my spirts up" so really she just lied to me to try and get me to keep working my butt off in her class

Example four:
My friend 'Billy' has some kid of brain disorder that makes him really hyper but he's still really really smart. (his parents don't think he has a hyper prob) Anyway, he's a really smart kid and all but sometimes he gets off track and he LOVES to joke around. Well my teacher is always telling him to get off the crack and always yells at him for being loud when really everyone knows he has a problem staying quiet for a little less than an hour. So he's always getting in trouble from her

so what do you think? do you think my teacher butts into peoples lives more than a teacher should? Do you think there's a point in which teachers do butt into a students life too much?
(please ignore my bad grammar & spelling, I'm way tierd and angry to really care at the moment)

8,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
_Joel_
Ok, theres a teacher at my highschool who is always budding into my friends and my lives and just really getting on my nerves

(names of my friends have been changed)

example one:
My friend 'Annie' was having a hard time at home and it effected her work. Although she is a smart girl, her grades started to slip. My teacher (at teacher/parent confrences) told her parents that she thought 'Annie' should be placed in regular classes. So her parents agreed to it and Annie was placed in them during the MIDDLE of the school year, changing her WHOLE lin of classes. So she pretty much told Annies parents that annie wasn't smart enough and just becuase she was doing bad in her class meant she was doing bad in all her other classes and she wouldn't be able to raise her grades again.

Example two:
My friend 'Luna' wore some really baggy black pants (from hot topic) and a black dog collar she barrowd from another friend to school. The next day Luna was pulled out by my teacher at the beginning of class and was gone for 5-6 minutes. When she came back she told us that my teacher had said she thought she had dressed wrongly and that she shouldn't make fashion statemeants but instead work on her school work. She also old Luna that she had a student who started to dress like she had and their grades fell. so she pretty much told her that if she dressed 'gothic' her grades drop badly

Example three:
This ones about me, ok I'm not the strongest in math right but I keep a c-b grade. Well when it came time to pick classes for next year my teacher told me she thought I would be able to make it through chemistry alright and that she would place me in honors again. THEN she was talking to my mom (parent/teach night for half 4th term) and she told my mom that she hadn't even recomended me to the people who help place the classes. She had also told my mother that she told me she would to "keep my spirts up" so really she just lied to me to try and get me to keep working my butt off in her class

Example four:
My friend 'Billy' has some kid of brain disorder that makes him really hyper but he's still really really smart. (his parents don't think he has a hyper prob) Anyway, he's a really smart kid and all but sometimes he gets off track and he LOVES to joke around. Well my teacher is always telling him to get off the crack and always yells at him for being loud when really everyone knows he has a problem staying quiet for a little less than an hour. So he's always getting in trouble from her

so what do you think? do you think my teacher buds into peoples lives more than a teacher should?

Holy hell... That's just wrong... I can't believe that... scream
XxCrYsTaLsIsTeRxX
Holy hell... That's just wrong... I can't believe that... scream
finaly someone agrees with me!
I don't see the problem, really.

Sure, the "goth" thing was a bit overzealous, because the idea that "Hot Topic gothcore!11!1 = bad grades" is laughable. (It's not the CLOTHES that make you stupid! It just so happens that idiots tend to shop there. They'd be stupid even if they were wearing mink and diamonds.)

But the rest is essentially what a good teacher does: keeps up with her students, keeps them from getting too out of line or from taking overly ambitious classes.
This isn't really butting into a student's life.

Sure, it might be forcing a little bit of the teacher's opinions onto the student, but it hardly constitutes a breach of ethics.

To be honest, this sounds to me like a bunch of pupils pissed off at their teacher because the teacher made choices they didn't like.
Some people should butt out or quit. I say option 3 get her fired, she sounds like she deserves to be. I've only one teacher to be like that but it was only to me, but hell she was annoing. I can't help but feel the pain here, try keeping your head up and telll her off sometimes not enough to get a suspension but enough to put her in her damn place.
Propaganda

Sure, it might be forcing a little bit of the teacher's opinions onto the student, but it hardly constitutes a breach of ethics.

To be honest, this sounds to me like a bunch of pupils pissed off at their teacher because the teacher made choices they didn't like.
squirrels are cute.
Aoi Mimei

Sure, the "goth" thing was a bit overzealous, because the idea that "Hot Topic gothcore!11!1 = bad grades" is laughable. (It's not the CLOTHES that make you stupid! It just so happens that idiots tend to shop there. They'd be stupid even if they were wearing mink and diamonds.)

But the rest is essentially what a good teacher does: keeps up with her students, keeps them from getting too out of line or from taking overly ambitious classes.
the gothic = bad grades thing gets me so mad stressed and my friend 'Luna' really believes it!
whoa i have a teacher sorta like that at my school (but not as bad!!)
*changed her name*
If you miss one homeowkr maybe beacse you were absent or something she takes you out in the hallway and says.
"i'm concerned, you're homewokr isn't getting done, are you haveing porblems at home or with your work?"

now, Mrs. Pie says this to my friends (i didn't have her, all here is hear-say)
and my friends were all getting A's! they weren't slipping, they were just absent for a single day and she acts like they have never done a single homework!
Propaganda

well she messed up my friend 'annie''s plans to get out of school early and got her put into a ton of slower classes that she didn't want to be in.

(trust me theres more I could say like how my teacher told annie's parents she didn't really like annie stare and theres so many more)
_Joel_
Aoi Mimei

the gothic = bad grades thing gets me so mad stressed and my friend 'Luna' really believes it!

Well, most kids who run around calling themselves "goth"" do, in my experience, make horrid grades. Mostly because they tend to be raging retards.

But in that case, it would be more appropriate to take issue with the grades themselves rather than the clothing.
Karla_alexandria
Some people should butt out or quit. I say option 3 get her fired, she sounds like she deserves to be. I've only one teacher to be like that but it was only to me, but hell she was annoing. I can't help but feel the pain here, try keeping your head up and telll her off sometimes not enough to get a suspension but enough to put her in her damn place.
I don't even know how I annoy her stare I think it's over something that happened with a stupid essay she made us write and my mom wouldn't let me do it .... ever since that day she's been hitting me around (not really hitting, but giving me a hard time)
_Joel_
Propaganda

well she messed up my friend 'annie''s plans to get out of school early and got her put into a ton of slower classes that she didn't want to be in.

(trust me theres more I could say like how my teacher told annie's parents she didn't really like annie stare and theres so many more)

Look, if 'Annie' wasn't doing her work correctly, the teacher had a right to place her in an environment of her appropriate learning capacity. She wasn't saying that Annie was dumb- ANNIE DIDN'T DO HER HOMEWORK.

If Annie had cared that much about her class, she should have gone to your teacher with an explanation, not crying about it after ten missed assignments.
And here we have another angsty child. surprised

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces