• Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Yes, thank you and Happy Valentines to the Gaia Staff. heart

5,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200
Generic Breed
GrayMist
I really appreciate seeing this. I was reading through another thread that was griping about how this forum-based event was lame. However, I don't think they understand that the management is super disorganized and directionless. It seems like the product and design team WANTS to do something, but since they are working under the higher-ups with different goals than the previous CEO, they do not get to exercise their creative freedom anymore.

I dunno, I think I appreciate this most because I was a designer working under people who had way more authority over me. All you can do is bend over backwards whenever you're told to, or else you jeopardize your job. I imagine that the team at the office really had to work hard to even get a chance to work on this and is now scrambling just to get this thing together for the community's sake. I don't think people understand the amount of engineering and time it takes to create a functioning product. Honestly, I think the team is making quite a sacrifice.

I don't blame Uncle Kenny for leaving the team. It must've been a lot of stress.

Yeah I agree. I know a lot of Gaians don't keep up with the "behind the scenes" (what little is given to us) so their expectations are higher, and thus go unmet. But they don't know all the little setbacks to this event that we've heard about in this last week.

I appreciate you sharing your experience on what it can be like to work in such an environment. heart
c:

I want to make an effort to keep this thread on the front page as much as possible. I think the staff needs to see some kind of encouragement from the community. They are doing this for our sake. It sucks having their hard work and efforts thrown back into their faces with an ungrateful "THIS SUCKS DO IT BETTER!" These staff members had 2-3 days to pull this together, for crying out loud. o _o

5,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200

Eloquent Lunatic

GrayMist
Generic Breed
GrayMist
I really appreciate seeing this. I was reading through another thread that was griping about how this forum-based event was lame. However, I don't think they understand that the management is super disorganized and directionless. It seems like the product and design team WANTS to do something, but since they are working under the higher-ups with different goals than the previous CEO, they do not get to exercise their creative freedom anymore.

I dunno, I think I appreciate this most because I was a designer working under people who had way more authority over me. All you can do is bend over backwards whenever you're told to, or else you jeopardize your job. I imagine that the team at the office really had to work hard to even get a chance to work on this and is now scrambling just to get this thing together for the community's sake. I don't think people understand the amount of engineering and time it takes to create a functioning product. Honestly, I think the team is making quite a sacrifice.

I don't blame Uncle Kenny for leaving the team. It must've been a lot of stress.

Yeah I agree. I know a lot of Gaians don't keep up with the "behind the scenes" (what little is given to us) so their expectations are higher, and thus go unmet. But they don't know all the little setbacks to this event that we've heard about in this last week.

I appreciate you sharing your experience on what it can be like to work in such an environment. heart
c:

I want to make an effort to keep this thread on the front page as much as possible. I think the staff needs to see some kind of encouragement from the community. They are doing this for our sake. It sucks having their hard work and efforts thrown back into their faces with an ungrateful "THIS SUCKS DO IT BETTER!" These staff members had 2-3 days to pull this together, for crying out loud. o _o

I was going to do the same, especially since I've received positive replies I'd also like them to see, but two is better than one. wink

I agree. They don't know or don't see it that way, though. sad

5,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200
Generic Breed
GrayMist
Generic Breed
GrayMist

c:

I was going to do the same, especially since I've received positive replies I'd also like them to see, but two is better than one. wink

I think I'll go pm some people I see defending the team in the negative threads and kidnap them into this thread. P:

Eloquent Lunatic

GrayMist
Generic Breed
GrayMist
Generic Breed
GrayMist

c:

I think I'll go pm some people I see defending the team in the negative threads and kidnap them into this thread. P:

Hahaha, that sounds like I great idea! c:
Maybe they'll be happier in a more positive environment anyways.

5,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200

CyRen2607's Waifu

Hot Wife

30,275 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Partygoer 500
Excellent post!
I feel the same
Thank you Gaia!
heart

5,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200

Magnetic Friend

I really appreciate all the effort of whose who worked hard to give us this event. I'm sure it wasn't easy for them but still they did it and it's made a lot of people happy including myself so thank you Gaia staff.
<3

5,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200

5,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200

5,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200

Profitable Prophet

Which developer left? Lanzer?

Lavish Millionaire

Thank you for posting this. I know that it's not as nice or fancy as past events, but at least it shows that they wanted us to have something for Valentine's Day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff