Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Giver

` B I R D Y
After much reading and rereading, the winners have finally been determined! In total there were over 30 stories and I enjoyed reading every one of them, so it was tough determining which ones are my favorite, reason why it took me so long to announce the winners!

So without further ado, here they are! The winners of this little Valentine's Day contest! emotion_bigheart

creepin it real
First Place - Page 1

Spark of Madness
Second Place - Page 12

pretty_hate
Third Place - Page 10

In addition, here are the other candidates who had wonderful stories! There will be consolation prizes going your way!
Loveparody
candidate

theories of happiness
candidate

A Tale Untold
candidate

Oh my gosh! Yay, thanks so much!!!
creepin it real
` B I R D Y
After much reading and rereading, the winners have finally been determined! In total there were over 30 stories and I enjoyed reading every one of them, so it was tough determining which ones are my favorite, reason why it took me so long to announce the winners!

So without further ado, here they are! The winners of this little Valentine's Day contest! emotion_bigheart

creepin it real
First Place - Page 1

Spark of Madness
Second Place - Page 12

pretty_hate
Third Place - Page 10

In addition, here are the other candidates who had wonderful stories! There will be consolation prizes going your way!
Loveparody
candidate

theories of happiness
candidate

A Tale Untold
candidate

Oh my gosh! Yay, thanks so much!!!

You're welcome! 4laugh

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
` B I R D Y
heart

Thank you! Congrats to the actual winners!

Dangerous Prophet

` B I R D Y

creepin it real
First Place - Page 1

Spark of Madness
Second Place - Page 12

pretty_hate
Third Place - Page 10

Loveparody
candidate

theories of happiness
candidate

A Tale Untold
candidate

Awesome! Thank you so much 4laugh This was a really cute contest, I enjoyed telling my story and reading everyone elses 3nodding

Blessed Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
` B I R D Y
Boy, do I have a story to tell!

I was bored and this thread caught my interest, so I thought I would like to make a fictional love story. Although there's already a winner, doesn't mean we should stop crying
It's just a mix of a short story of family, and friends.
*Hope you don't get too confused*

When you love someone,
you don't just love them for who they are,
you love them as a whole,
a being with shortcomings and imperfections,
and sometimes,
sometimes,
when the time is right,
you need to let them go,
because when you need to choose between two bad options,
you choose the one that saves the people you love and believe in most.

She pushes the door open and it lets out a creaking sound that sounds stark in the silence. She holds her breath; and slips into her shoes. It's still early, the sun barely rising up to the horizon but the weather is already cold as ice. Gripping to her tortebag tightly, she vanishes outside while he's still asleep.

"I'm home!", BIRDY utters when she steps inside of her apartment as she unwraps the scarf around her neck and hangs it on the wooden coat rack. To her surprise, there are no sounds from the television screening football matches or the commotion of video games. Doodle must be asleep. She trudges to her brother's bedroom and found him sprawled on the bed; a textbook resting on his face as his chest moves up and down, blowing the pages.

BIRDY shakes her head and lifts the book from his face, meticulously, so he won't wake up. She sits at the edge of the bed and strokes his hair, pushing back the strands falling into his puffy cheeks. She touches his face softly, and wipes away remains of scrapes of biscuits at the edge of his mouth.

But then her hand travels to her own lips, and traces her mouth using her fingers. The ghost of his kiss still lingers, pulling her back to this morning. How vivid, how close Doodle was before he leaned in, and the honey brown eyes that stared right through her, seizing her in his gaze. It was as if time stood still for mere five seconds before he pulled away and she melts under his spell.

Her first kiss was from her best friend. The one who she loves more than a friend.

It wasn't entirely the kiss that she hoped to be for a first kiss, since it was so sudden and so quick. But remembering back how Doodle's soft lips planted against hers perfectly, she wouldn't ask for anything better. But was it real? Was the kiss driven and sparked through love, or something else? Did Doodle kissed her because he wanted to, or because he felt lonely and broken that he was trying to find a piece to complete him, and that happens to be her at that moment?

She shakes her head, her heart breaks at the latter thought. BIRDY sighs heavily. She can't afford to think, or to make any decisions right now. Should she go back to keeping her distance from Doodle? Or should she go against the odds and try to make this relationship with him work, even though it would cost her. Why are choices always end up being the hardest ones to choose from?

Her head begins to throb painfully, making her feel a sharp pain that feels like it's cutting her brain from the inside. BIRDY winces as she tries to soothe the pain by massaging her temples. She walks towards her small room and grabs the bottle of pills on her bedside table. She swallows a pill and lays down on her bed, the cold wind outside slips through the open window; caressing her sweaty face softly. She falls into sleep a moment later despite the headache as fatigue takes over her body and she dreams of the boy who always smiles, whom breathes love to her skin.

~A few days later~

Everything turns back to the way it was before. Back to reality that trails incessantly. The recording process had been tedious--they had to rewrite, ditch, rewrite again most of the songs. Consequent from Doodle's absence, everything had to be postponed that resulted in the abundance of schedules that needs to be fulfilled: fan-meetings, commercial photoshoots, magazine advertisements, song editing and radio station invites that comes swirling and pulling them into a hectic routine that makes 24 hours feel like 72 hours of non-stop working.

"Alright Doodle, you're good to go."

Doodle breathes a sigh of relief when the recording session is over. He smiles to the glass mirror in front of him and holds up a thumbs up. He yanks the headphone from his ears and hangs it gingerly on the stand. His stomach grumbles in protest as he makes his way out of the recording studio. Doodle lifts up his arm a little and glances at his watch. 11.20 a.m. She should be here by now.

He huffs loudly and throws himself on the couch; letting the cushion swallow him. The other members are at a radio show, and they won't be back until evening so he's alone and abandoned. His head bears a snapback to obscure his haggard face. Shades would be better but it wouldn't be appropriate to wear them inside the building. He'll wear them on his way out. Yes, definitely.

The door creaks open, cutting him from his reverie, and Doodle-Girl peers from the frame, a strand of wavy hair hanging at the side of her face. Doodle beams and lifts himself up from the couch, and hugs his sister tightly. Doodle-Girl had only one arm wrap around his tall frame, the other holding a brown paper bag that smells of mushroom and cookies.

"I brought you food. Hope you're hungry," Doodle-Girl places a hand briefly on his shoulder, smoothing out the wrinkles on his shirt while looking up at him with a wide smile.

Doodle grins. "I'm always hungry sis. Did you bring your infamous mushroom soup with rice?"

"I brought cookies too. Gingerbread and chocolate chips." Doodle-Girl takes a seat beside him and takes out two plastic containers from the paper bag. She peels open the lid and the scent of mushroom fills the room.

"You need to eat more. You're getting skinnier," She sighs and furrows deeply.

"I'm not," Doodle blurts out with his mouth full of rice. It takes a few seconds before he finally swallows, his expression determined. "I've gained muscles, you know. But I like to wear baggy shirts nowadays so I guess that's why you can't see my guns that are perfectly obscured." He grins cheekily.

Doodle-Girl laughs softly, her eyes form into half crescents; just like him."Guns don't mean a thing if you fall sick again. Promise me you'll take care of yourself better."

She rests her hand on his knee, a fretful expression on her fair facade, and Doodle covers her hand with his, sharing warmth.

"I promise." He nods, and offers her yet another lopsided grin as he gently gives a reassuring squeeze to her hand. "When are you leaving?" He asks.

Doodle-Girl lets a sad smile slide across her features. "In a few days. My work needs me terribly."

"Don't work too hard," His voice has a slight warning to it but Doodle-Girl knew her brother worried about her more than she worries about him.

"Speak for yourself," She holds up her hand and ruffles his brown curls slightly. "You've grown up too fast, Doodle. Slow down will you? The next thing I know you're getting married and having children already." She teases and earns a hearty chuckle from Doodle.

"Sis, you know you'll always be number one. Apart from mom and dad. You'll always be my favourite."

"You'll always be my favourite too. I love you, you know." She wraps her arms around Doodle's wide frame, embracing him tightly, her head resting on his shoulder. Doodle strokes his sister's back softly, knowing and fully understanding now how much his sis cares for him.

When he was little, she always comforted him when he came home crying from a scraped knee, an awful day at school or the day when he received the news about him. She would hug him just like this, and back then he would try to push her away, mostly embarassed, other times refusing to be comforted like a baby. But right now Doodle-Girl's arms is the safest place he could find shelter, and he never wants to let go.

"I love you too, sis."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces