16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
Ookami sensei
parazesis
Ookami sensei
parazesis
Lighting Design and History of Costume (aka Fashion history. whee ) Tomorrow I have Multicultural Theater and Stage Combat then things repeat ending with Advanced Makeup on Fridays. emotion_kirakira

*_* wow, just wow *_* Are thay as hard as they sound?

neutral Ummm... No? Idk, how hard do they sound?

they sound like during the exams your head will be almost exploding XD

lol, that's college in general. Luckily, Multicultural Theater will have take-home exams (this teacher always does) while Stage Combat and Advanced Makeup don't really have written components. Lighting Design and History of Costume will have written tests but I'll be fine as long as I study. 3nodding

Lunatic

parazesis

Oh, I'm not denying that skipping isn't a good idea, but if there's one life lesson I learned in college outside of the classroom it's that you have to take care of your health before you take care of classes.

Lol, yup, gotta understand all the stages of how fashion evolved over the years. The worst part of that class is my classmates though; they have no interest in taking things seriously. xp
I Love Stage Combat. I have a background in fencing and I've been trying to take this class for like, three years. Stage combat is all choreographed, for safety and consistency. It's so much fun. emotion_kirakira And yes, Ren Faires. heart
Multicultural theater is exactly that, theater styles from the non-west. (best term I could think of, though that's not entirely accurate) We've already been over Indian styles (as in India, not Native American), Chinese styles (Jing Ju is interesting to look at but very hard on the ears), and we just got to Japan. We're also going to go over some "Minority" styles from the US (African-american theater and that sort of thing). It's an interesting class.

So what are you looking into doing when you graduate?
True! And I do enjoy sleep emotion_drool

That's the worst, when you're actually invested in a class and others aren't. Especially at the college level. In highschool, it's a little understandable because you're all at the age where it's hard to focus I guess, but when you're the one paying to attend... and you're going because you want to learn, ugh. It sounds wonderful though~
Oooh fencing is marvelous! I really want to learn at some point for the SCA, but I'm afraid I'm too much of a scatterbrain to dedicate myself to it just yet. How long have you been fencing for? I can't even imagine how exciting it must be, a whole class dedicated to the fights. Have you gotten to work on any productions?
I bet, there must be a lot of room for interpretation and that sort of thing. And history, too o.o

Oh, nothing fancy. I want to be a comic artist, that's my ultimate goal (two careers, yay!) But as far as Accounting goes, I'll probably stay where I am. I'm an accounting clerk right now, and I can stay in the place I'm at and move around once I finish my degrees. I'd really like to be a Forensic Accountant, but those jobs don't come open usually until someone... well, dies in them or something. Or retires, I guess. They're set for life o.o

What about you? Do you want to work on Broadway?

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
Technicolour_Piston
parazesis

Oh, I'm not denying that skipping isn't a good idea, but if there's one life lesson I learned in college outside of the classroom it's that you have to take care of your health before you take care of classes.

Lol, yup, gotta understand all the stages of how fashion evolved over the years. The worst part of that class is my classmates though; they have no interest in taking things seriously. xp
I Love Stage Combat. I have a background in fencing and I've been trying to take this class for like, three years. Stage combat is all choreographed, for safety and consistency. It's so much fun. emotion_kirakira And yes, Ren Faires. heart
Multicultural theater is exactly that, theater styles from the non-west. (best term I could think of, though that's not entirely accurate) We've already been over Indian styles (as in India, not Native American), Chinese styles (Jing Ju is interesting to look at but very hard on the ears), and we just got to Japan. We're also going to go over some "Minority" styles from the US (African-american theater and that sort of thing). It's an interesting class.

So what are you looking into doing when you graduate?
True! And I do enjoy sleep emotion_drool

That's the worst, when you're actually invested in a class and others aren't. Especially at the college level. In highschool, it's a little understandable because you're all at the age where it's hard to focus I guess, but when you're the one paying to attend... and you're going because you want to learn, ugh. It sounds wonderful though~
Oooh fencing is marvelous! I really want to learn at some point for the SCA, but I'm afraid I'm too much of a scatterbrain to dedicate myself to it just yet. How long have you been fencing for? I can't even imagine how exciting it must be, a whole class dedicated to the fights. Have you gotten to work on any productions?
I bet, there must be a lot of room for interpretation and that sort of thing. And history, too o.o

Oh, nothing fancy. I want to be a comic artist, that's my ultimate goal (two careers, yay!) But as far as Accounting goes, I'll probably stay where I am. I'm an accounting clerk right now, and I can stay in the place I'm at and move around once I finish my degrees. I'd really like to be a Forensic Accountant, but those jobs don't come open usually until someone... well, dies in them or something. Or retires, I guess. They're set for life o.o

I know! I hate being the only one who cares. crying Then again with this particular class I'm the only costume person in the class and we have one VERY disruptive set of Stage Managers in there who are the main problem. stare
I fenced for two years before college but I had to stop when I left for school on accounts of money and access. sad The worst thing about fencing is the price tag. xp I do hope you get to learn someday though. It's fun stuff.
I have worked on productions, but not as a Fight Director. I've been a shop hand for both scenic and costumes, Head Dresser, Assistant Costume Designer, Props Assistant, Props Master, and Costume Designer (on various productions).

Oooooo, being a Comic Artist sounds awesome. I hope you manage that. biggrin
What exactly is a Forensic Accountant?

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
Technicolour_Piston

Oh! Nearly forgot to answer that question. I really would rather not work on Broadway. If only because I REALLY don't want to live in NYC. Honestly, as much as I love stage, I'd kinda like to work in film. I'm a real sucker for Sci-fi and Fantasy which you see more often in film than on stage. I'd enjoy working for a regional theater or something like that, but my big dream is to work as a designer for films with the genres I love so much. Problem with that is I don't want to move to LA either. xp

Lupine Spirit

14,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
parazesis
Ookami sensei
parazesis

Well that's interesting. Never met anyone from Poland before. biggrin
What's it like living there?

Well.. I live in a small village about 50km from the capital city but it's so small it has 2 tiny shops, a church and a primary school only except the houses biggrin So here it's really peaceful and green in summer and white in winter.
I don't really like Polish people, they are really unpleasant. But I think they aren't to people from abroad, so when someone comes here, they try to help if the help is needed. I guess everywhere people are both nice and mean, but generally I don't like Polish people x)
The cities are all grey and dusty so I love only those with medieval roots, but there aren't plenty of them because of wars. Like - Warsaw was almost completely destroyed and that's why it's so ugly - there arent many old buildings. Instead there are many from the communism time.

Sounds pretty. I couldn't stand all that snow though, I'm from Texas (central-southern US bordering on Mexico in case you're not familiar with US geography) so I'm used to really hot weather.

Yeah, it's kinda a mix everywhere. As far as where I grew up, "Southern Hospitality" is very much alive but there are always jerks anyway.

That's one thing I really like about Europe, the architecture left over from the times before the Age of Exploration. It really is a shame that all the wars did so much damage, but it's a control issue. Tear down what made a people what they were and you're tearing down their nationalism at the same time. A crying shame. I'll agree with you on the unpleasing look of communist-era buildings from former USSR territory. I went to Berlin once and the difference between East Berlin and West Berlin was still so obvious in the architecture. Just on living conditions alone I couldn't blame anyone who tried to cross the Berlin Wall. @_@

I'm not very familiar with US geography, but I know where is Texas and I have to admit I make a little fun of the Texas accent biggrin I'm sorry, but it's just characteristic and, um, distinct. But I also make fun of the Posh English and Scottish accent which in fact I really love biggrin It's a great thing that there are so many accents I think smile And hah, I envy you the hot weather but on the other hand I do like snow and your summers probably would be to hot for me. And the air isn't dry in Texas? What kind of climate zone is it?

I think the "Southern Hospitality" is true in Europe too smile People from North and Center Europe are considered reserved I think and maybe it's true. Maybe it really has something to do with the climate XD But on the other hand there is this association with Polish and Russian people which is vodka. And I wish it was wrong association XD Unfortunately it still is true, when there's a party or a wedding party or something like this there MUST be vodka there. And, of course, when you have a visitor from abroad and you want to show him/her your Polish hospitality and part of your culture what you serve him? VODKA. It's so stupid, really xD But I guess when you go to Japan you need to try sake and in Mexico - tequilla biggrin

Ah, yes, the old architecture, the old buildings seem to have, idk, a soul? There definitely is something in there. There are majestic even if they aren't big. Just all the history in them. That's why I love Wrocław and Toruń <3 I wish I could visit them more. But I live near Warsaw, so unfortunately this is the city I see most often T^T
Haha, shame on me I've never been in Berlin. You're from so far away and you've been there and Poland is next to Germany so I should at least once go there. Especially that my mom was there, lived there, and f*ckin TEACHES GERMAN XDDDD

Lunatic

parazesis

I know! I hate being the only one who cares. crying Then again with this particular class I'm the only costume person in the class and we have one VERY disruptive set of Stage Managers in there who are the main problem. stare
I fenced for two years before college but I had to stop when I left for school on accounts of money and access. sad The worst thing about fencing is the price tag. xp I do hope you get to learn someday though. It's fun stuff.
I have worked on productions, but not as a Fight Director. I've been a shop hand for both scenic and costumes, Head Dresser, Assistant Costume Designer, Props Assistant, Props Master, and Costume Designer (on various productions).

Oooooo, being a Comic Artist sounds awesome. I hope you manage that. biggrin
What exactly is a Forensic Accountant?
Them crazy Stage Managers...
That's annoying though. Hopefully they at least let you get your work done and don't make it too rough, or hold up the class. That's where it gets really bad I guess. Blech, I'm sorry.
Aw that's a shame, but I bet you're really good at it! Mostly if I did it it'd be with the SCA, so I could at least use loaner gear for a little while. It's cool that you get to do stuff with stage fighting though, I bet that helps a lot then, like you were saying.
Holy crap, I had no idea there were so many parts to theatre @_@ I mean, I sort of did, but still. That's cool! What was your favorite?
And sorry, didn't mean to randomly pick out Broadway, I don't know much about theatre really >>;

Thanks! I hope so, too. It's something I'd like to do, illustration is something I've always felt is sort of... I dunno. Can't explain it, sort of the one thing I feel I could actually do. Accounting is fun, though, and in the interim I enjoy<3 Sort of a dual-classing thing, I guess.
Forensic Accounting is a specific branch of accounting used for litigation, where accountants review and audit financial info and prepare it for use in court. They're a mix of investigators, auditors and regular accountants. The FBI has a special agent specifically for them, but big companies have their own forensic accountants, too.

Lunatic

parazesis
Technicolour_Piston

Oh! Nearly forgot to answer that question. I really would rather not work on Broadway. If only because I REALLY don't want to live in NYC. Honestly, as much as I love stage, I'd kinda like to work in film. I'm a real sucker for Sci-fi and Fantasy which you see more often in film than on stage. I'd enjoy working for a regional theater or something like that, but my big dream is to work as a designer for films with the genres I love so much. Problem with that is I don't want to move to LA either. xp
Oooh no worries, though I might've asked something bad XD

I can totally dig it, I saw you live in Texas? My family's originally from Texas :3 Most of them are down there! We're in AK tho~ Aaaand I wouldn't want to move either ;-;
NYC and LA, no offense to people who live there... they seem more on the extreme end of things, I guess.
Film would be awesome! I wonder, could you do film in Texas then? I'm sure there are film companies down there, right? Documentaries, at least. Maybe TV shows? Oh! Or props?

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
Ookami sensei
I'm not very familiar with US geography, but I know where is Texas and I have to admit I make a little fun of the Texas accent biggrin I'm sorry, but it's just characteristic and, um, distinct. But I also make fun of the Posh English and Scottish accent which in fact I really love biggrin It's a great thing that there are so many accents I think smile And hah, I envy you the hot weather but on the other hand I do like snow and your summers probably would be to hot for me. And the air isn't dry in Texas? What kind of climate zone is it?

I think the "Southern Hospitality" is true in Europe too smile People from North and Center Europe are considered reserved I think and maybe it's true. Maybe it really has something to do with the climate XD But on the other hand there is this association with Polish and Russian people which is vodka. And I wish it was wrong association XD Unfortunately it still is true, when there's a party or a wedding party or something like this there MUST be vodka there. And, of course, when you have a visitor from abroad and you want to show him/her your Polish hospitality and part of your culture what you serve him? VODKA. It's so stupid, really xD But I guess when you go to Japan you need to try sake and in Mexico - tequilla biggrin

Ah, yes, the old architecture, the old buildings seem to have, idk, a soul? There definitely is something in there. There are majestic even if they aren't big. Just all the history in them. That's why I love Wrocław and Toruń <3 I wish I could visit them more. But I live near Warsaw, so unfortunately this is the city I see most often T^T
Haha, shame on me I've never been in Berlin. You're from so far away and you've been there and Poland is next to Germany so I should at least once go there. Especially that my mom was there, lived there, and f*ckin TEACHES GERMANY XDDDD

Lol, lots of people make fun of Texas accents. Though fun fact: there are multiple. There's the "East Texas Drawl" Which is more distinctive of the "Old South" where all the southern plantations and whatnot were. Then there is the "West Texas Twang" which is exactly what it sounds like and shows up out in the more desert-like areas in West Texas. I'm from Northeast Texas myself and we get plenty of rain and whatnot there. I also grew up in a major city so while i do have a bit of a drawl it's pretty soft and there are some people who don't even pick up on the fact I'm from Texas at all. Granted most of those people are from places like Oklahoma and Arkansas where they also say things like "y'all" and "prolly" and "gunna" and "gosh darn." xd Climate in Texas is pretty varied, it's a big state after all, lots of land and lots of climates. It's all notoriously hot in the summers but very different at other times of year. East Texas has a lot of pine woods, then there's the Gulf Coast, the deserts of West Texas, and several other sorts of areas. The variety is actually one of the things I love most about my home state. heart

Yeah, accents are fun stuff. It's so neat to hear how different people speak. Linguistics are fascinating.

Lol, Vodka. 'Round here you replace that with beer, whiskey, and good ol' southern sweet tea. xd Every place has their own sort of hospitality, I only mentioned "Southern Hospitality" because the folks of the American South are notoriously hospitable and have a reputation for being really friendly. That's not true across the board but at least how I grew up you're more likely to greet someone you're on good terms with by hugging them instead of shaking their hand (if that tells you anything).

I totally agree with you on the concept of old buildings having a soul. I mean, the stories they could tell if they could speak. It's amazing to think about.

No shame in not having been to Berlin. I simply got really lucky and got to go to Germany for my Senior trip when I graduated from High School. Seriously, I've never been to Mexico, or Canada, or even some of the other States in my own country. Travel is difficult, and expensive. *gives cookies*

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
Technicolour_Piston
Them crazy Stage Managers...
That's annoying though. Hopefully they at least let you get your work done and don't make it too rough, or hold up the class. That's where it gets really bad I guess. Blech, I'm sorry.
Aw that's a shame, but I bet you're really good at it! Mostly if I did it it'd be with the SCA, so I could at least use loaner gear for a little while. It's cool that you get to do stuff with stage fighting though, I bet that helps a lot then, like you were saying.
Holy crap, I had no idea there were so many parts to theatre @_@ I mean, I sort of did, but still. That's cool! What was your favorite?
And sorry, didn't mean to randomly pick out Broadway, I don't know much about theatre really >>;

Thanks! I hope so, too. It's something I'd like to do, illustration is something I've always felt is sort of... I dunno. Can't explain it, sort of the one thing I feel I could actually do. Accounting is fun, though, and in the interim I enjoy<3 Sort of a dual-classing thing, I guess.
Forensic Accounting is a specific branch of accounting used for litigation, where accountants review and audit financial info and prepare it for use in court. They're a mix of investigators, auditors and regular accountants. The FBI has a special agent specifically for them, but big companies have their own forensic accountants, too.

Lol, Stage Managers are interesting folks. You'd think they'd be really sensible and serious. Nope a lot of them are just a riot. I kinda think they might use that as a coping mechanism so they don't go nuts from their job. ninja
My fencing background helps some with Stage Combat, but it's also been a bit of a hindrance in some respects. I pick things up quickly because I'm familiar with the real deal but I also have to watch myself because my movements and instincts are honed for actual, uncoreographed swordplay so I have to change things to fit the choreographed nature of stage combat.
Lol, lots of people don't really comprehend just how much goes on behind the scenes in theater. But that's where the magic comes from so I'm okay with that. My favorite was being the Costume Designer, of course, that's what I'm studying to do.
And you're fine, nothing wrong with Broadway, and it is what most people think of when they think of theater. But you're absolutely right, NYC and LA are really extreme and so over-saturated with people who do what I do which makes for a really competitive job-market in an already competitive field. Like Nashville is for country music. I'm sure there are some ways to work film in Texas, it's just a matter of finding them. :3nod

I understand how that goes. Passions are so hard to explain sometimes.
Forensic Accounting sounds really dang cool. Really intriguing. Good luck with that. 3nodding

Oooo, so you're from Arkansas! That's such a pretty part of the country. My family used to go to Hot Springs once a year and I loved it. Ah, such fond memories. emotion_kirakira
What part of AK are you from?

Lupine Spirit

14,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
parazesis

Lol, lots of people make fun of Texas accents. Though fun fact: there are multiple. There's the "East Texas Drawl" Which is more distinctive of the "Old South" where all the southern plantations and whatnot were. Then there is the "West Texas Twang" which is exactly what it sounds like and shows up out in the more desert-like areas in West Texas. I'm from Northeast Texas myself and we get plenty of rain and whatnot there. I also grew up in a major city so while i do have a bit of a drawl it's pretty soft and there are some people who don't even pick up on the fact I'm from Texas at all. Granted most of those people are from places like Oklahoma and Arkansas where they also say things like "y'all" and "prolly" and "gunna" and "gosh darn." xd Climate in Texas is pretty varied, it's a big state after all, lots of land and lots of climates. It's all notoriously hot in the summers but very different at other times of year. East Texas has a lot of pine woods, then there's the Gulf Coast, the deserts of West Texas, and several other sorts of areas. The variety is actually one of the things I love most about my home state. heart

Yeah, accents are fun stuff. It's so neat to hear how different people speak. Linguistics are fascinating.

Lol, Vodka. 'Round here you replace that with beer, whiskey, and good ol' southern sweet tea. xd Every place has their own sort of hospitality, I only mentioned "Southern Hospitality" because the folks of the American South are notoriously hospitable and have a reputation for being really friendly. That's not true across the board but at least how I grew up you're more likely to greet someone you're on good terms with by hugging them instead of shaking their hand (if that tells you anything).

I totally agree with you on the concept of old buildings having a soul. I mean, the stories they could tell if they could speak. It's amazing to think about.

No shame in not having been to Berlin. I simply got really lucky and got to go to Germany for my Senior trip when I graduated from High School. Seriously, I've never been to Mexico, or Canada, or even some of the other States in my own country. Travel is difficult, and expensive. *gives cookies*

Wow, I didn't there are more than one! Now that's interesting! But I guess USA is such a big country there probably are hundreds of accents biggrin I envy you this a bit biggrin
Ahahaha, I just checked and... Omg, Texas is over 2 times bigger than Poland! XD That explains a lot XD

Yeah, but I think people from south of Europe, like, Italians, Greeks, are far more open and friendly than from north and center. But I'm not sure how they greet XD In Poland greeting friends with hugs is of course normal (maybe not among men, they probably see it as not manly biggrin ), but usually it's just a shake of hand, yeah. So indeed you are open there biggrin It's great! But I'm shy and reserved and I'd probably feel strange there ^^"

Yes, it's amazing. I'd like to see or feel their stories by touching them. Wouldn't it be great? To see what happened there? If there were good feelings or bad or mix of both? Ahh, probably that's why I always loved geology and paleontology biggrin

Well, maybe you're right. The truth is I'd love to see all the world. Of course it's impossible because, as you said, travel is difficult and expensive but everything is SO interesting. I'd love to see Egypt, but probably it's still dangerous there. And New Zealand. And I'm trying to learn Korean so it would be good if I visited Korea too. And Japan would be near biggrin My brother is quite a traveler. He was in Africa and China and in many European countries and on some Carribean island too. I envy him. Dear God it seems I envy everyone XDDD

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
Ookami sensei
Wow, I didn't there are more than one! Now that's interesting! But I guess USA is such a big country there probably are hundreds of accents biggrin I envy you this a bit biggrin
Ahahaha, I just checked and... Omg, Texas is over 2 times bigger than Poland! XD That explains a lot XD

Yeah, but I think people from south of Europe, like, Italians, Greeks, are far more open and friendly than from north and center. But I'm not sure how they greet XD In Poland greeting friends with hugs is of course normal (maybe not among men, they probably see it as not manly biggrin ), but usually it's just a shake of hand, yeah. So indeed you are open there biggrin It's great! But I'm shy and reserved and I'd probably feel strange there ^^"

Yes, it's amazing. I'd like to see or feel their stories by touching them. Wouldn't it be great? To see what happened there? If there were good feelings or bad or mix of both? Ahh, probably that's why I always loved geology and paleontology biggrin

Well, maybe you're right. The truth is I'd love to see all the world. Of course it's impossible because, as you said, travel is difficult and expensive but everything is SO interesting. I'd love to see Egypt, but probably it's still dangerous there. And New Zealand. And I'm trying to learn Korean so it would be good if I visited Korea too. And Japan would be near biggrin My brother is quite a traveler. He was in Africa and China and in many European countries and on some Carribean island too. I envy him. Dear God it seems I envy everyone XDDD

Lol, yeah, Texas is HUGE. I love it so much. emotion_bigheart

Makes sense that you might feel strange in the southern US if you're reserved. I'm not particularly sociable IRL myself but I'm also used to being around open, friendly people so I feel really strange in places where everyone is closed off or cold-shouldered. That's why I was not fond of Paris, everyone was either rude or trying to scam us. stare

Ooo, geology and paleontology. Neat! Are you looking into trying to work in one of those fields. Doing that would probably give you opportunity to travel all over the place. 3nodding

Lupine Spirit

14,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
parazesis

Lol, yeah, Texas is HUGE. I love it so much. emotion_bigheart

Makes sense that you might feel strange in the southern US if you're reserved. I'm not particularly sociable IRL myself but I'm also used to being around open, friendly people so I feel really strange in places where everyone is closed off or cold-shouldered. That's why I was not fond of Paris, everyone was either rude or trying to scam us. stare

Ooo, geology and paleontology. Neat! Are you looking into trying to work in one of those fields. Doing that would probably give you opportunity to travel all over the place. 3nodding

Yeah, I was really surprised when I found out the difference of the sizes, but I've never really compared the USA and Poland, I knew that your country is much bigger than mine and that was all. But now - if only one state, ok, a big one, but still ony one state, is more than TWICE bigger than whole Poland then the USA is just OH EM GEE. Endless! 8D Well almost a whole continent, so yeah biggrin

Haha, it's funny, because Paris and generally France is associated with love biggrin Is it the same in the US? But I can completely imagine French people as arrogant. The French language though *_*

Nah, I'm a paleontologist, or I WILL BE as soon as I finish my final paper some day and pass the lastest exam of it, but I don't think I'll get a work as a paleontologist. Or I will be a really shitty one x) I'd love to work with art. Or to create something. Idk, I'm kinda looking for a job but not really actively lately, but there are so many people with higher skills, or with experience so nobody really wants me to work for them x)

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
Ookami sensei
Yeah, I was really surprised when I found out the difference of the sizes, but I've never really compared the USA and Poland, I knew that your country is much bigger than mine and that was all. But now - if only one state, ok, a big one, but still ony one state, is more than TWICE bigger than whole Poland then the USA is just OH EM GEE. Endless! 8D Well almost a whole continent, so yeah biggrin

Haha, it's funny, because Paris and generally France is associated with love biggrin Is it the same in the US? But I can completely imagine French people as arrogant. The French language though *_*

Nah, I'm a paleontologist, or I WILL BE as soon as I finish my final paper some day and pass the lastest exam of it, but I don't think I'll get a work as a paleontologist. Or I will be a really shitty one x) I'd love to work with art. Or to create something. Idk, I'm kinda looking for a job but not really actively lately, but there are so many people with higher skills, or with experience so nobody really wants me to work for them x)

Haha, yup. Lots of elbow-room on this side of the pond. ;D

Yup, France is still associated with Love, an idea that I fully bought into until I actually went to France then I got there and was like "What is this?" stare The French language really is beautiful, I wish I could speak it. Though the way the French treat their language (at least on an official level) is almost as pretentious as the people. I know that's kinda rude of me to say, but that was the impression I got when I went there, even though it was only a brief visit.

Yeah, people want to hire individuals who have training. Hopefully you'll manage to figure out a way to do something you love for a living. emotion_hug

Lupine Spirit

14,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
parazesis
Ookami sensei

Haha, yup. Lots of elbow-room on this side of the pond. ;D

Yup, France is still associated with Love, an idea that I fully bought into until I actually went to France then I got there and was like "What is this?" stare The French language really is beautiful, I wish I could speak it. Though the way the French treat their language (at least on an official level) is almost as pretentious as the people. I know that's kinda rude of me to say, but that was the impression I got when I went there, even though it was only a brief visit.

Yeah, people want to hire individuals who have training. Hopefully you'll manage to figure out a way to do something you love for a living. emotion_hug

Haha, I'm a bit overwhelmed by this discovery XD I just didn't realize how huge your country was _^_ I know it all may sound silly but it just came to me and... WOW XD

Well I've heard before that Paris isn't romantic at all and the people aren't that nice, so I'm not surprised. But come on, they eat snails and frogs, how can that be romantic xDD I'm joking but, hm, I don't know where this association with love came from. Nah, it's just an general impression, I don't think it's rude. There are obviously nice people too and you know it, but you can have your impression, right? My impression of people in Spain was thet either they don't know English or don't want to help strangers. But there were also really nice people who just saw we had some troubles with the subway and heard we weren't talking Spanish and just came to us and helped (but still the most helpful were the Polish tourists met accidently 8D).

Haha, I hope so too. Or I'll have to work as a cashier. Or a cleaner. But I wouldn't be a good cleaner, lol.

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
Ookami sensei
Haha, I'm a bit overwhelmed by this discovery XD I just didn't realize how huge your country was _^_ I know it all may sound silly but it just came to me and... WOW XD

Well I've heard before that Paris isn't romantic at all and the people aren't that nice, so I'm not surprised. But come on, they eat snails and frogs, how can that be romantic xDD I'm joking but, hm, I don't know where this association with love came from. Nah, it's just an general impression, I don't think it's rude. There are obviously nice people too and you know it, but you can have your impression, right? My impression of people in Spain was thet either they don't know English or don't want to help strangers. But there were also really nice people who just saw we had some troubles with the subway and heard we weren't talking Spanish and just came to us and helped (but still the most helpful were the Polish tourists met accidently 8D).

Haha, I hope so too. Or I'll have to work as a cashier. Or a cleaner. But I wouldn't be a good cleaner, lol.

Lol, yeah, that difference is kinda hard to fully fathom sometimes.

I think the association between Paris and Romance might have come about around the mid 1700s or so due to the court's fondness for flirtations and ahem, infidelity. That's just a guess though.

So you've been to Spain. Aside from the unhelpful people what did you think?

Totally feel you on that account. I would hate to work an unskilled-labor job. xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff