+1

Guest 0.5 50.0% [ 18 ]
Spectator 0.5 50.0% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18

Familiar Wolf

Shadow King Kyouya
Laufeyson_Frost

I'm afraid not many people grew up in a loving environment. What about you Miss, are you telling me this out of personal experience or ideals?

-she turned a bright pink- uhm..I.. Well... I guess it could be personal..I was always alone when I was younger..my parents were always busy doing something else or not even in the country.. -she looked down at her hands, unsure of why she was opening up so much to the boy- I don't have any siblings so I didn't have them to hang out with...so I know what it's like to not grow up in a loving environment..so I get what Hans is getting at but not still doesn't excuse him for being an asshat.

Steadfast Explorer

Shadow King Kyouya

He diverts his gaze, a soft smirk forming upon his lips that only people of a similar wavelength could read as I'm aware of the implications of your suggestion, but I don't dare mention in public that an Ootori would to consider such notion.

-He notices the change in gestures, amused. Kyouya bows in return-

It's my pleasure, Miss Jishin. But it makes me wonder, how is it that you're accustomed to Western greetings when my information tells me you're raised in Japan? I've heard a bit about you... more on your father, though. Although it may be best to start from ground level and learn about you with through more conventional methods. Through conversations. -smiles politely-

Well... if we combine both our monetary and capital resources and strategize carefully, would you know if we could at least fund a short world war? -chuckles- I jest. While being a dictator probably has some benefits, my ambitions are far humbler in comparison.

Perhaps you're right. Or perhaps it's a combination of both factors. Odd, but very intriguing. Although it may be one of those things in life that we can never fully grasp.

Oh! *rubs the back of her neck with a self-deprecating smile* Sorry. All of my father's functions are international in nature -- at least, all the ones I'm allowed to attend. I meet so many more Westerners these days that it's just become a habit. *if he chooses to read it that way, it might also be a subtle indication of her acceptance of his authority in this space, as most of the people she meets at those events are of higher authority*

But it's a useful one -- I think you get to know someone much better, much faster, through a handshake than a bow. *the fact that you also convey a lot more about yourself through one doesn't seem to bother her*

*tilts her head up, considering, taking that jesting question seriously -- well, maybe not so seriously, there's a mischievous sparkle in her eyes* Well, that depends on how fast you could mobilize that capital, and if you know which buttons to push for the greatest efficiency in getting it started. The former, I'm not sure about, because I don't know what your investments look like. The latter, I'd bet the cost of a lunch on. But I don't think you'd want to do that, even if you had the grand ambition to run the world ... *pensive* There's no real profit in picking up after a war; it all gets sunk into repairs and replacement of what's been broken, so it really nets out even. *cheerful smile* No, no. I think if you were going to, it'd be an economic takeover. Much less messy, much more profitable.

*diverts back to the earlier topic* Conversation it is, then. I assume pretty much everyone grills you on what you're reading, what your favorite foods are, how you enjoy the host club, and all of that kind of thing. *small but clearly dismissive handwave* I don't like being a bore, and I'm sure you've discussed all of that a million times. What would you like to talk about, senpai?

Jishin's Husband

Sparkling Star

18,125 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Generous 100
Shadow King Kyouya
Jishin

*looks around the music room again, and then back* You're right. It is pretty amazing. And yet so many of the people you come in contact with are different. That's really interesting, in a big metaphysical kind of way. I wonder if it's simply the force of personality you both have, or if it's more that each of the realities have you -- and the rest of the host club, maybe -- as a defining point. I guess it's hard to say. I haven't met any of the other hosts yet, aside from Miss Shiny and Miss Panda, and you -- times two. *wry grin*

[No worries! I've been busy today myself.]
((Oh mercy, the two of you make it awfully tempting to have Shiny pop in. It shouldn't disrupt the fabric of reality to have an OC hostess from another dimension come to visit, I don't think? obviously as a guest not a hostess of your world))

Questionable Entrepreneur

15,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Informer 100
  • Tycoon 200
Jishin
Shadow King Kyouya

He diverts his gaze, a soft smirk forming upon his lips that only people of a similar wavelength could read as I'm aware of the implications of your suggestion, but I don't dare mention in public that an Ootori would to consider such notion.

-He notices the change in gestures, amused. Kyouya bows in return-

It's my pleasure, Miss Jishin. But it makes me wonder, how is it that you're accustomed to Western greetings when my information tells me you're raised in Japan? I've heard a bit about you... more on your father, though. Although it may be best to start from ground level and learn about you with through more conventional methods. Through conversations. -smiles politely-

Well... if we combine both our monetary and capital resources and strategize carefully, would you know if we could at least fund a short world war? -chuckles- I jest. While being a dictator probably has some benefits, my ambitions are far humbler in comparison.

Perhaps you're right. Or perhaps it's a combination of both factors. Odd, but very intriguing. Although it may be one of those things in life that we can never fully grasp.

Oh! *rubs the back of her neck with a self-deprecating smile* Sorry. All of my father's functions are international in nature -- at least, all the ones I'm allowed to attend. I meet so many more Westerners these days that it's just become a habit. *if he chooses to read it that way, it might also be a subtle indication of her acceptance of his authority in this space, as most of the people she meets at those events are of higher authority*

But it's a useful one -- I think you get to know someone much better, much faster, through a handshake than a bow. *the fact that you also convey a lot more about yourself through one doesn't seem to bother her*

*tilts her head up, considering, taking that jesting question seriously -- well, maybe not so seriously, there's a mischievous sparkle in her eyes* Well, that depends on how fast you could mobilize that capital, and if you know which buttons to push for the greatest efficiency in getting it started. The former, I'm not sure about, because I don't know what your investments look like. The latter, I'd bet the cost of a lunch on. But I don't think you'd want to do that, even if you had the grand ambition to run the world ... *pensive* There's no real profit in picking up after a war; it all gets sunk into repairs and replacement of what's been broken, so it really nets out even. *cheerful smile* No, no. I think if you were going to, it'd be an economic takeover. Much less messy, much more profitable.

*diverts back to the earlier topic* Conversation it is, then. I assume pretty much everyone grills you on what you're reading, what your favorite foods are, how you enjoy the host club, and all of that kind of thing. *small but clearly dismissive handwave* I don't like being a bore, and I'm sure you've discussed all of that a million times. What would you like to talk about, senpai?

I had a feeling that was the case. There's nothing to forgive, Miss Jishin.

-quirks a brow at her unusualness- You think so? Ah, it's the strength of the grasp is it? Whereas, bows are a very neutral and general sign of showing respect. -wondering if she had anything else to input-

Well, some do take advantage of civil disturbances by setting up private military companies. I would rather not though; as you said it's very messy business. -shakes head with clear disapproval- That and I don't see it as something I would proudly attach my name to down the road.

... I've been accustomed to guests bringing up the topic. Give me a moment. -scans the room, trying to think of something, and lands upon the area where the art contest entries are stored- Let's see now... This contest is making me think of revisiting art... I may or may not. -shrug-
While have respect for art and design, I would much rather remain as an art appreciator rather than the artist.

That said, do you have anything you're fairly good at but aren't particularly passionate at doing?

Steadfast Explorer

Shadow King Kyouya

I had a feeling that was the case. There's nothing to forgive, Miss Jishin.

-quirks a brow at her unusualness- You think so? Ah, it's the strength of the grasp is it? Whereas, bows are a very neutral and general sign of showing respect. -wondering if she had anything else to input-

Well, some do take advantage of civil disturbances by setting up private military companies. I would rather not though; as you said it's very messy business. -shakes head with clear disapproval- That and I don't see it as something I would proudly attach my name to down the road.

... I've been accustomed to guests bringing up the topic. Give me a moment. -scans the room, trying to think of something, and lands upon the area where the art contest entries are stored- Let's see now... This contest is making me think of revisiting art... I may or may not. -shrug-
While have respect for art and design, I would much rather remain as an art appreciator rather than the artist.

That said, do you have anything you're fairly good at but aren't particularly passionate at doing?

*studies him a bit more thoughtfully in return, perhaps a bit surprised* I do. You don't? Yes, there's the strength of the grip, that's the big, obvious sign. *cheerful smile* You know that a crushing grip is generally from someone who doesn't feel entirely in control of a situation, ne? And there's also the length of the grip, and if the other person prefers an unusual grip or avoids handshaking entirely. *not-entirely-innocent smile*

But there's also the -- *pauses, tries to figure out how to put it into words* -- there's how the hand is offered, there's something about how that strength of grip is applied, there's the matter of whether or not you're looked in the eye, and when you are, and what the obvious calluses on the hand and the state of the skin and the nails say, too. If someone bows to you, you don't get most of that -- especially since a properly polite bow should include lowering the eyes, right?

Of course, if they don't lower their eyes, that says something too, as does the depth and length of a bow, just like a handshake. But you don't get the close-up physical contact. *wry smile* But I'm probably preaching to the choir, aren't I?

*glances over at the art, listens, contemplates the question for a long moment, because she has a lot of hobbies* I think so. I'm decent at sewing? Mostly quilts and easy stuffed animals, and I can repair a lost button or hem things. But I've never bothered to get good at clothes-making. It's an entirely different set of skills, and it'd probably be useful, and I'm always amazed at all the wonderful things the twins make, and some of the other people who frequent the host club. But I just really don't have much desire to do it myself.

*raises an eyebrow with an inquisitive expression* Do you mean that for all art, senpai, or just fine art? There are a lot of different fields where design is useful -- like architecture and environmental design, and even landscaping.

15,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Informer 100
  • Tycoon 200
Art Contest Results

I enjoyed all your art. Thank you so much for taking even a little bit of your time to draw for my contest. -bow-

I had to make some tough decisions in checking which entries should be qualified, and what amount of gold should be received by each individual contestant. I also considered having different categories on seeing the turnout of the entries, but there wasn't enough to go around.

But on deciding the winning entry, I chose it because I saw...

1. First and foremost, that my instructions were heeded.
2. An indication of technical skill and effort.
3. Faithfulness in characterization.

And so the winner is...

User Image

Babelsuicide
Congratulations, Miss Alex.

As promised, everyone else who met my conditions will also get a varying amount of gold in proportion to the winning amount. The winners of the page count will also receive their gold, and if the winners also happened to have an approved entry, their amounts will be added together. Please be on standby for your trades.

15,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Informer 100
  • Tycoon 200
Closing Remarks

User Image

Hello everyone, may I have your attention, please?

User Image

As Gaia's Valentine's event will soon come to a close, I would like to thank you for joining this year's "Pure Give and Take," and for joining in on any of my fellow hosts' threads.
Whether you're already a regular guest, or one of those I had just become acquainted with;
whether you participated in the contest or were simply here for conversations....

User Image
I thank you for spending Valentine's with us.
Without you, this place would not have been a delight.

User Image

This thread will sooner or later be closed to replies. But I do hope our time will not end there.
If you've been my guest, you're welcome to add my account should you choose to follow our Host Club's activities.
Our hosting is often Towns-based complete with a theme, and it would be exciting to see new faces there.

User Image

With that announced, I, Ootori Kyouya, thank you on behalf of the Ouran Host Club for everyone's continued support.

Until next time....

User Image

Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu

15,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Informer 100
  • Tycoon 200
Little Miss Shiny
Shadow King Kyouya
Jishin

*looks around the music room again, and then back* You're right. It is pretty amazing. And yet so many of the people you come in contact with are different. That's really interesting, in a big metaphysical kind of way. I wonder if it's simply the force of personality you both have, or if it's more that each of the realities have you -- and the rest of the host club, maybe -- as a defining point. I guess it's hard to say. I haven't met any of the other hosts yet, aside from Miss Shiny and Miss Panda, and you -- times two. *wry grin*

[No worries! I've been busy today myself.]
((Oh mercy, the two of you make it awfully tempting to have Shiny pop in. It shouldn't disrupt the fabric of reality to have an OC hostess from another dimension come to visit, I don't think? obviously as a guest not a hostess of your world))

(Perhaps not. But after a while, gaia might close off replies. That's my concern)

Shymagical's Husband

Combative Cutie-Pie

12,250 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
Shadow King Kyouya

And so the winner is...

Babelsuicide
Congratulations, Miss Alex

*claps delightedly* Oh wow ! thanks! It was really fun to draw! Congrats to all the runners up!

Jishin's Husband

Sparkling Star

18,125 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Generous 100
Shadow King Kyouya

(Perhaps not. But after a while, gaia might close off replies. That's my concern)
((Ah, yes. A most excellent point. Pity I didn't think to jump in sooner, then!))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff