Welcome to Gaia! ::

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

(( Welcome! Oh yeah! It's another thank you thread! Basically I'll be giving my thanks, the characters will be doing their typical thing, and we're all going to have a good time! So come chat, post thank yous, whatever! ))

"I'm not much of a Valentine's spirit. Can't you just celebrate your love any other day?" The witch asked.

(( Maybe but there's a reason behind the holiday! ))

"Do you know that so called 'reason'?"

(( Absolutely not! ))

She could only rest the palm side of her hand against her face before walking off. She should have expected that sort of answer.

(( Yeeaahhh... One of those quick posts. I wanted to get this thing up as soon as possible. I SHALL GO BACK AND EDIT LATER! YEAH! ))

Sapphire Otter

Thank you to the following anons:

Doctor Stein Anon, Arron the Lythcol Mechanic, Anon with a melted cheese joke, The Valentine plagiarizer, The Starlight Prince, Wollam, Man with a leather collar (x2), Agent of E-Corp, Miss Monster Gal, A Ghostly Guy, Daenes and Spice Anon, Anon with Super Gift Giving Powers, Fairy's Soul, Suzie (x6), Kristoff, and Minty!

Sapphire Otter

Quote:
The Heartbreak Cafe is bustling, Mississippi Black Velvet constantly rushing about to make sure her customers are happy. Watching the owner run about, RandomKate leans against the wall waiting for something to do. The sound of breaking glass draws the woman over to a furiously apologizing customer. Calming the person, Kate goes about helping them pick up the shards of the glass they had dropped, only to drop them herself with a hiss of pain as one leaves a jagged gash in her palm. She grabs a napkin to press on the wound and tries to pick up the glass again when a cool hand grabs her wrist, another hand removing the napkin so their owner can examine the wound. "You let someone else handle ze glass, ze wound is too deep to ignore." Kate tries to protest as a the speaker, a young woman, pulls her along to the backroom of the cafe. The woman ignores her, looking around and mumbling, "Vere is ze first aid kit?" Sighing, Kate waits as she locates the kit and gets down to business of taking care of the gash. Trying to take her mind off the stinging caused by her wound being cleaned, she asks the woman's name and why she was helping her which causes the woman to pause with a slow blink, almost as if she was just realizing what she was doing. "Ah... I am Evelyn Stein, I vork at ze hospital near here.", an apologetic smile, "I forget myself sometimes ven someone is hurt." Kate nods in understanding, not noticing a small pricking sensation over the stinging of her wound. Though she certainly notices when her world starts going black...

Kate slowly regains consciousness, groggily looking around the small, neat room she is now located in. She stares fuzzily at the tray of sharp objects next to her and tries to sit up, only to find herself strapped down to whatever she is laying on. Panicking, she starts thrashing only to go still once again when a door behind her shuts. Craning her neck, she watches the doctor from before calmly walk to a table next to her, donning gloves and a surgical mask before picking up a scalpel. The last words RandomKate will ever hear were a simple,
"Hold still, zis vill only hurt for a moment..."

Doctor Stein - Anon

Regaining consciousness, the young woman had found herself in a room she couldn't recognize. Though her blurred vision which was slowly losing its fuzziness didn't help. What she could clearly see were sharp tools used to cut someone up. With fear taking over, Kate tried lifting herself up only to be stopped by straps cuffing her to a table. Soon, the woman from earlier had walked in donning a surgeon's outfit.

N-No...No way! Is she planning to- Before the surgeon could try anything, a barrier summoned in panic appeared between the two. This girl was no ordinary waitress. The magic user collected her thoughts before speaking to Evelyn. "You picked the wrong person to take! Either you let me go quietly without any sort of struggle or I'll just get out on my own!"

(( Goody! We got some anons appearing now! Although, some were appearing earlier. Thank you for the message! ))

Quote:
You walk home passing by many lovers on dates & find that no one even noticed you today. Your Valentine even stood you up. Down trodden, you walk home only to see a young man with a set of goggles nestled in his chestnut colored hair sitting on a bench. He looks up with bright ethereal teal eyes that seem to glow & stands He walks over to you. He blushes shyly & hands you a gift. You look down to see the wrapped gift & are about to ask him why when he pulls into a warm embrace. When you look up you find that the young man is gone. Blinking, you look down at the gift to see that the gift & your body are covered in fine crystal dust. Looking at the gift, it's tag reading, ''I may not be able to fix my own heart, but I will fix yours.''
~Arron the Lythcol Mechanic

Before she could even greet the young man, she was given a box wrapped in light blue wrapping paper and pulled into his warm embrace. A light blush reached from cheek-to-cheek due to the sudden action. Kate tilted her head upward but the mechanic had mysteriously disappeared. She was left alone again.

She darted her attention to every direction hoping she could spot him. To no avail, she could not. "H-He's gone."

D'awww! You're blushing!

The startling voice of the witch had made the blush noticeable. "N-No I'm not!" she shouted, shaking her head in a quick motion in an attempt to remove it. It was no use. The spirit's laughter prevented all tries.

(( Hiya! Thank you for the message! ^^ ))

Quote:

"I-" She rubbed the back of her head, unable to think of anything to reply with. Was this one of those cheesy lines people used? "U-Umm... I don't think I would want that?"

(( HA! Cheesy. Anyway, thank you for the message! *noms on the sandwich* ))

Quote:
fall asleep love,
loved by me...

for I know love,
I am loved by thee.

- The Valentine plagiarizer

"Wait! I think I've heard of this one before!" Giving herself a minute to think, nothing came up. Maybe she was thinking of a different poem? Kate rubbed the back of her head with no author in mind. "Ehh... Maybe not?"

(( Pfft. I have! Thank you for the poem/message! ))

Quote:
Message: This is a time of year many look forward to. The lights, the sounds, the treats, the smells. And the balls. Perhaps most of all, people this year would miss the balls. It is the reason why you have found yourself in this grand room, normally lit with the bright crystal chandelier and filled with beautifully garbed guests. Tonight, it is only illuminated through the windows by the silvery light of the radiant moon and countless shimmering stars.

It is a sad moment. You had hoped that others might have come as you had, to create a festive time in place of the one that had failed to come. But they had not. You quickly brush off anything of upset, and a determined fire fills your eyes. You will enjoy this time of year. If it be by yourself, so be it.

With that in mind, you go to the center of the floor, and begin to dance. Perhaps it looks silly, dancing on your own, but you don't mind; there is no one there to see.

Or at least, that was your thought. You have only just begun your one person waltz when you hear footsteps on the hard floor. Your eyes snap open, and then you stop short. Standing in front of you is a silvery prince, one who could have been made from the very stars in the sky. He has a warm smile, and gentle grey eyes that tell you he means no harm. He bows, and offers a hand for you to take. You accept it. A moment later he sweeps you into his arms, and has resumed the dance you had begun. You close your eyes as he guides you through every turn, spin, and dip in such a rhythm that you could swear he was following music. If you listened long enough, you could almost swear your heard the melody as well.

You open your eyes once more as the dance slows to its conclusion. And in that moment, you are awestruck to find the room transformed. It is no longer dark and lonely, but filled with many shimmering stars, illuminating the ballroom in an intricate sparkling light. It is from them that, you realize, the soft melody is coming from. You look to the prince for an explanation, but he merely smiles once more, placing a kiss upon your forehead as he sets a small gift in your hand. It is warm and glowing like all the stars around you.

You turn to ask him about it, but all you find is stardust.

~The Starlight Prince

After the waltz was complete her eyes lit up as she gazed at the stars that had illuminating beautifully around the ballroom. Never had she seen stars so up close. Before she could say anything, the prince placed a kiss on her forehead and a gift box in hand before disappearing. A blush ran itself across her face due to the simple forehead kiss. Murmuring a 'thank you', she tilted her head upward and stared at the stars above.

(( emotion_kirakira Thank you! <3 ))

Quote:
Message: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Adorable marshmallow tracks litter the ground, each with little bite marks taking out of them, further along the path of marshmallow carnage there is a half eaten bag of marshmallows laying on the ground.

Culprit long gone.
What fiend would do this to poor innocent little marshmallows...?
Maybe, just maybe something will be found out.

- Wollam, the current voice in your head.

"Uh oh..," the mage said, picking up the half eaten marshmallow bag. "If a certain Fae is lurking a bout, she will not be happy to see this mess. Especially since this seems to be one of her favorite snacks." Well, looks like the maid outfit will come in handy. She started cleaning up the messy trail the culprit had left behind hoping that certain someone will not show up just yet.

(( xD Now I want marshmallows... Thank you for the message! ))

Quote:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
A tall, dark-haired man approaches you, adorned in fine clothing. A leather collar is cinched around his neck. He seems a might flushed in the face as he bows his head to you and offers you a letter, which reads:
"You have been hand selected as a candidate to serve me temporarily. This means I've seen you and thought you had all the traits I look for in a partner. Should you agree, you'll be given all of the pleasures you can imagine until Valentine's comes to a close. Simply wear the enclosed item, and my pet will do the rest. Do you accept?"
The man before you awaits your answer.

As she finishes reading the letter, her attention turns to the man. "Uhh... Sorry. I'm not much of the serving type and I have no desires that I can think of. Forgive me but I must decline."

(( Thank you for the message! ))

Quote:
Message: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The man nods in response, bowing his head to you once more. He turns away and begins to walk in the direction he'd come from. It's unclear what the consequences for this will be, but you may have just avoided something truly dangerous.

He will not be returning.

(( *pats character* You avoided one bullet. Still got a ton left. Yeah, sorry. There was no way she could go accepting something like that. ^^' ))

Quote:
Message: The holidays are important, friend. Don't give in to just letting them pass by.
Every skipped holiday is another sad mascot.
Happy V-Day.

-Agent of E-Corp

(( Pfft, of course not! We'll still celebrate it here even without a forum and such. HEARTS EVERYWHERE! heart heart heart heart heart Anyway, I didn't know how to respond this in-character. So... *shrugs* Thank you for the message! ))

Quote:
Message: As you're walking about the garden you hear a loud cry of pain not too far off. You quickly make your way over to discover your currently female monster friend curled up and clenching her stomach in pain. ''Oh god, it feels like I'm transforming, but it's day time! What is this?!'' ...When it suddenly dawns on you what's going on, you begin to back away. Nope, you're not gonna deal with THIS.

-Miss Monster Gal

Nope was right. Without some sort of cure or medicine, she did not want to explain to Monster what was happening. Best idea was to keep her distance for now.

(( ~The writer is having trouble breathing due to laughing. Please try again later.~ ))

Sapphire Otter

Quote:
Message: The weather still had a little chill to it, the remnants of winter's touch. Besides the chill, the day was lovely. A blue ocean of a sky was overhead, white clouds floating along like ships. It was for that reason that you had decided to walk to the store rather than hail the bicycle drawn cab. You were not the only one who had decided to walk; other Gaians were strolling down the streets and the emerald grass of the park nearby was filled with people lounging or playing frisbee. Your mouth quirked up into a half smile when you saw a nearby man walking with a handful of balloons tightly gripped in his hand. Some of the balloons were heart shaped, the rest bore the red, white, and pink colors of Valentine's Day. It felt as if this day of couples and chocolate had come quickly this year. January had been swept away like a drawing in the sand swept away by the ocean. And now it was February. You continued your walk to the store, your mind now wondering about the future.

"Uh, excuse me, miss!" A voice from behind startled you out of your thoughts. You stopped walking and glanced behind.

A boy in his late teens gave a small wave of greeting. His hair was brown and slightly messy as if he had just rolled out of bed or had an older brother who had ruffled it in a playful manner. Despite the small chill, he wore plain dark blue jeans and a green jersey with the number "9" on it.

"Sorry for bothering you," He ran a hand through his hair, a little embarrassed. "I just wanted to give you this," He held out a small red box with pink ribbon, "To celebrate the day." He hastily added, his cheeks growing slightly pink.

Surprised, you accepted the gift. This was for you? You could not help, but smile. You looked up to thank him and ask for his name. You blinked; the spot where he had stood was empty. Puzzled, you looked around for him. Where did he go? The sidewalk was empty as was the one across the street and there were no alleys that he could have slipped into. He had simply vanished into thin air. You turned to the present in your hand once more and looked it over for any identifiers as to who the guy was that had given it to you. Written in careful, plain print was "Happy Valentine's Day! I hope it's an awesome one for you! From: A Ghostly Guy".

With the boy's disappearance, this had left the mage bewildered. Looking every direction he could have possibly run off to, there wasn't a single person in sight. How could he have just vanished that quickly? There was no physical way to do such without noticing it.

Curious about the gifter's name, Kate took a look for some sort of note or tag left behind on the gift box. "A Ghostly Guy," she said, reading the print she found out loud. Well, that explained it. She let out a small chuckle. "Of course it was a spirit. That explains the surprisingly quick disappearance." She smiled and took one last look around. "Thank you for the gift!"

Quote:
I'll never be your love and you'll never be mine.
I don't give a ******** about you,
I just want your soul.

-Daenes and Spice Anon

"Oh no!" she said, keeping a great distance between them. She readied a spell just in case one, especially Daenes, decided to come any closer. "I remember Halloween. I am NOT falling for that again!"

(( Oh geez. Thank you for the poem. Err... That's a poem, right? ))

Quote:
Message: I'm using my 'Super Gift Giving Powers' on you! Have a happy V day~

The mage tilted her head slightly. She was rather confused with this mysterious power she was unaware of. "Super Gift Giving Powers? Is that how this gift box magically appeared?"

(( First: I don't know where to post this. I don't have my usual thread going on for this event (DISHONOR!). I really should get to work on that... Second: XD I'm hoping I didn't wake anyone up. I may have laughed a little too loud for that one. IT'S TRUE! ANONS HAVE THAT POWER! Thank you for the message! ))

Quote:
Message: I had been having trouble finding a reason to stay at this grand ball until I saw you. You, in your red and tan dress, had successfully captured the attention of most guests there. I watched the fluid movements of your shiny black shoes carry you around as you represented the true spirit of a ballroom. A small flip of my wrist delivered the bouquet meant for you to your seat at the assigned table. Happy Valentine's Day.
~Fairy's Soul

As she returned to her seat, the first thing she'd notice was a beautiful bouquet had been placed in her spot. Picking it up, Kate looked for some sort of card or tag with a name on it. Upon finding it, she quietly read, "Fairy's Soul?" Her attention turned away from the flowers. She took a peek around the ballroom. Who could this person be? Her lips lifted themselves into a small smile as she sat herself down carrying the flowers in her arms.

Quote:
Message: It was a tiny noise that caught your attention. Something so small - a tiny pitter patter behind you.
You turned a few times before but nothing ever caught your sight.

Now, growing both annoyed and anxious you spin around quickly and spy something; a tiny doll laying flat on the ground.

You look around, wondering if it had been there before, but tell yourself it couldn't. You would have noticed such a thing, surely.
Walking over you carefully kneel down and pick up the discarded doll and look it over. It doesn't seem to be broken or in poor condition. However, as you examen the toy you notice something that chills you.

The bottoms of it's shoes are dirty. You can even see a piece of gum that seemed to have clung to it's right shoe. In a bout of fear you drop the doll and take several steps back, hearing a quiet ouch as it hit the ground.

"Oh, that's not very nice!" a voice spoke, and your eyes widened as you watched the small toy slowly push itself up. "Apologize this instant! I won't stand to be dropped! Look at me!" the doll moved her arms, tugging at her clothing. "You've gone and got m' clothes filthy! Do you treat everyone this rudely?" She tsked, carefully looking through her pockets before producing a small package. "Here. I wanted to give you this, but you walk too fast!" The doll's expression never changed, though her voice soon sounded rather malicious. "I'd watch myself, if I were you, though. I don't take kindly to being mishandled. I've half a mind to cut your tendons, I do!" With that, the doll turned, a small gasp escaping her throat as a small pen knife fell, already covered in dried blood. She knelt down, quickly picking it up and hurried back away.

You look down to the small package you were given, seeing a message so small you have to squint to read:

Be nice to your dollies.

-Suzie

The mage stared at the tiny print. So I mistreated a doll that happens to be alive. At the same time, one that's carrying a weapon. Oh dear... She sighed before looking forward. She could still see the doll from a distance. I can't believe I'm about to walk back over to her. Hurrying to catch up, Kate managed to easily reach the doll with a quick jog. "U-Uh! Hey! Sorry about dropping you. Just kinda surprised me. M-Maybe I can find something to clean you up."

With a snap of her finger, a black book with a crescent moon imprinted on the front of the hardcover appeared. A beautiful light blue ribbon hung from the top of the spine. The book followed her as she kneeled to the ground. With a quick movement of two fingers like she were turning a page, the levitating book flipped opened and would turn to the next page with the same command.

"There must be some sort of spell in here," she said, inspecting each page quickly.

Quote:
Suzie frowned, crossing her arms as she looked up to the mage. "I would imagine there should. How difficult could it be to clean clothes?" She shook her head, kicking her feet. "Honestly, I think this holiday is rubbish. People clamouring for attention from people who don't even know they exist. It's down right pathetic."

The doll looked down, an aggrivated noise emerging as she tried to scrape the gum from her shoe by scooting it along the ground. "Take the man whose gift that is, for example: he wanted so badly to have you know his existence but didn't have the backbone to even say hello, let alone give you a stupid gift. Of course, I showed him that he did, indeed, have one but he just fell to pieces."

She erupted into a bout of giggles, holding a hand over her painted mouth.

Oh! I like this doll! Can we keep her?? asked the spirit.

Kate's eyes widened and had grown silent hearing the doll's words. There was no motion to flip to the next page. So the dried blood she spied on the pen knife earlier was possibly the latest victim? There was no way she wanted to help her now.

"I change my mind..." The spell book shut itself and vanished. She stood and stared down at Suzie. "Just because someone can't proclaim their love for someone doesn't mean you should go attacking them. Emotions and reasons always hold us back. And as for you, if you try anything on me I'll make sure you end up as a pile of ashes." Her apologetic and caring voice had turned serious.

Ooooo, temper temper. I like, child. Try not to go too overboard. You know nothing on controlling fire magic.

Quote:
All at once the giggling stopped. Suzie slowly lowered her hand, her head moving to look up to you, and the painted expression just seemed to make the stare all the more unsettling.
"Eh? You're being very rude again." she said, the venom dripping from her words. "I'd hold your tongue, before you find it missing." She produced the small weapon, pointing it at the mage threateningly. "It's not my fault the guy was stupid. I tried to be nice. Oh, let me help you! I know where she is and you can go see her yourself! Oh no! A talking doll! How scary! I must be cursed!!" it seemed she was mocking her last victim now, "Stay away you think of evil!!! Then you know what he did? He threw your gift at me. It didn't chip anything but it was very rude indeed! I demanded he apologize and he absolutely refused! I only did what I could to keep him from damaging me."

She took a step forward, still brandishing the pen knife. "Now I would at the very least like an apology for you being so rude and threatening me, ma'am. Or I would sleep with some very thick socks from now on."

One of her hands clenched tightly. There was a small, dim light growing from within it. "There are normal beings who are unaware of our presence. Anyone would be scared of seeing something abnormal at first. How he reacted is decently normal. Rude, but it's fear." Upon Suzie's request to apology, Kate shook her head. "Sorry, but I will not. You should be apologizing for your own actions, however. Just because someone's rude doesn't give you any right to take their life away."

Quote:

Reindeers are better than people,
Every one of them's bad except you.
Sven, don't you think I'm right?

"Oh! Uhh... Thank you, I think? Although..." She placed her hand on the back of her head. Her eyes looked in a different direction. "I don't think they're all bad. You just have to get to know them. I mean, not everyone is the same, right?"

(( STILL have not seen the movie... crying Thank you for the message! ))

Quote:

Somebunny hopes you have a hoppy Valentines!

<3 Minty

(( HA! I got the pun! *huggles* Thank you, Minty! <3 ))

Sapphire Otter

Reserved~

Sapphire Otter

Sapphire Otter

Okay, so all messages I received previously have been put up. *facefloors* Never again shall I be late...

Shameless Nerd

"Katy katy katy katy katy katy katy!" The little blonde comes bouncing into your thread like a hyper puppy, "Didja know that Valentines chocolate is on sale after the 14th?" Oh dear. Seems Minty has gotten a sugar supply.

Sapphire Otter

Minty Andee
"Katy katy katy katy katy katy katy!" The little blonde comes bouncing into your thread like a hyper puppy, "Didja know that Valentines chocolate is on sale after the 14th?" Oh dear. Seems Minty has gotten a sugar supply.

Hearing her name being called, just said differently, Kate turned to see Minty come bouncing in. Someone appears to have had too much sugar today. "Uhh... yeah. Minty, just how much chocolate have you had?"

You okay?

Shameless Nerd

RandomKate
Hearing her name being called, just said differently, Kate turned to see Minty come bouncing in. Someone appears to have had too much sugar today. "Uhh... yeah. Minty, just how much chocolate have you had?"

You okay?

"Ummm...much! Many! A lot!" Minty spread her arms as wide as she could, "This much!

I'm good! Just...exhausted. Ignoring reality for a bit by being a dork around gaia.

Sapphire Otter

Minty Andee
"Ummm...much! Many! A lot!" Minty spread her arms as wide as she could, "This much!

I'm good! Just...exhausted. Ignoring reality for a bit by being a dork around gaia.

She had to be exaggerating a bit but if her friend was in a silly, hyper mood, she had to have consumed a great amount. "That's quite a lot, Minty. Maybe you should hold on to eating anymore for a bit. Until you're less hyper."

I see. Well if you need to talk to someone I'll be on for a little bit. o.o

Shameless Nerd

RandomKate
She had to be exaggerating a bit but if her friend was in a silly, hyper mood, she had to have consumed a great amount. "That's quite a lot, Minty. Maybe you should hold on to eating anymore for a bit. Until you're less hyper."

"You are probably right, Kate friend! Besides, I don't think I can fit anymore in my tummy right now." She reaches around in the pocket of her skirt and pulls out a chocolate bar, "You want some? I have lots and lots!"

Sapphire Otter

Minty Andee
"You are probably right, Kate friend! Besides, I don't think I can fit anymore in my tummy right now." She reaches around in the pocket of her skirt and pulls out a chocolate bar, "You want some? I have lots and lots!"

"Don't need you getting sick too." With a slight smile, Kate shook her head. "I'm alright! I'll be getting my own stash later."

Sorry. Had this on edit but you beat me. xD

Shameless Nerd

RandomKate
"Don't need you getting sick too." With a slight smile, Kate shook her head. "I'm alright! I'll be getting my own stash later."

Sorry. Had this on edit but you beat me. xD

"Okay, okay! Stashes are good. And I will definitely not ever probably not get sick for sure." Minty nodded, sure of herself, "Have you gotten enough Valentines? Do you have space for more?"

Thank you! But it's not really that big of deal, just a bunch of stuff piling up. Everything's okay! I'm just de-stressing before I dive into Monday. But it's nice knowing I've got people I can talk to <3

Sapphire Otter

Minty Andee
"Okay, okay! Stashes are good. And I will definitely not ever probably not get sick for sure." Minty nodded, sure of herself, "Have you gotten enough Valentines? Do you have space for more?"

Thank you! But it's not really that big of deal, just a bunch of stuff piling up. Everything's okay! I'm just de-stressing before I dive into Monday. But it's nice knowing I've got people I can talk to <3

Kate stared at Minty for a moment while trying to piece together her words. "Uh huh. That's what they all say. Then suddenly, they're sick!" She lowered her head and kicked her feet back-n-forth once Valentines were mentioned. "I've had enough. No point wasting a valentine on a girl who isn't looking for love right now. How about you?"

If you say so. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces