Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Victory

Bastets Blessing
I don't disrespect democrats/modertes that lean left. I've been disrespected a lot in this forum though. It was like non-stop attack. lol. People assumed I was a housewife, religious, and assumed I was against gay marriage/abortion. It's just like really? Where I'm from in Texas, there's a lot of liberal republicans. What we stress is being fiscally responsible and supporting energy, and that's what really sets us apart from democrats. I wouldn't say we are super advertising pro-choice or pro-gay marriage, but WE DON'T CARE. We don't care what your lifestyle is, what your choices are, or what you do in your bedroom. So, why not. As for a woman's role, I am modest and I am somewhat dependent on a man (but I do have a job), but that doesn't make me any less of a female than feminists. If I want to kick it like the 50's, I have the right to do so. Again, if you want respect on your lifestyle choices, you've got to respect mine too.

Sounds to me like you're kind of Libertarian wink

It seems like there is an overwhelming number of full-on Democrats around here, and that's just not me. I haven't posted much in this forum just because the things I'm thinking have mostly already been said, or I don't want to get super worked up about being attacked by people assuming things about me/my family. Also I very much agree with you on the feminism bit!

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
It's just human nature. They see the other party as the enemy, so they must totally demoralize them because they think it necessary

3,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
666 420 blaze it fggt, God isn't real, atheism ftw.

EDIT://
UGH, I had to do that, sorry.

There are stereotypes, true, and a lot of assholes (maybe me, who knows?) tend to voice them. I don't think they really matter in the end.

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
No, what pisses me off about the whole election is people trashing the independent voters for voting for someone they didn't like. My little brother called me a "******** Democrat" because I voted for Obama and my sister, who ISN'T EVEN REGISTERED TO VOTE AND TURNED 18 IN JUNE, will not even look at me.

Excuse me for not wanting some man who thinks women should have little rights as our President.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
it's just clash of opinions.

the way around it is to not be butthurt if/when you lose.

Unforgiving Warlord

Kitsune Muggy
No, what pisses me off about the whole election is people trashing the independent voters for voting for someone they didn't like. My little brother called me a "******** Democrat" because I voted for Obama and my sister, who ISN'T EVEN REGISTERED TO VOTE AND TURNED 18 IN JUNE, will not even look at me.

Excuse me for not wanting some man who thinks women should have little rights as our President.

Don't think I will, since you're doing the exact same s**t to him, so

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Creed AIpha

How am I trashing my little brother? You weren't entirely clear on your previous post... sweatdrop

Or did you mean Romney?

Unforgiving Warlord

Kitsune Muggy
Creed AIpha

How am I trashing my little brother? You weren't entirely clear on your previous post... sweatdrop

Or did you mean Romney?

Yeah. You kinda assumed his policy concerning human beings with a sex other than his as being underdeveloped and lacking simply because he is a white, Republican Mormon who didn't feel the need to campaign for something so blatantly part of America's reforms.

Not that I would expect someone as biased as you to comprehend that.

By the way, I didn't vote for him either, so whatever. Cool Cape.

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Creed AIpha

I don't know how that's being biased, honestly. I don't care about his political party or his religion.

Whether he really meant those things about redefining rape and making birth control and abortion illegal or not, I have two sisters who chose to be on birth control and a friend who will die if she had another baby because she's so small height wise.

I hate birth control for my own personal reasons and frankly, I think the standards for abortion should be a little more strict compared to as they are now. However, I believe birth control and abortion is, ultimately, a woman's choice. Roe vs Wade guaranteed the woman's right to abort a pregnancy. I would at least like to know the options are there and people can get those options legally, should they decide to.

I apologize if I offended you or anyone else, as that was not my intent.

Unforgiving Warlord

Kitsune Muggy
Creed AIpha

I don't know how that's being biased, honestly. I don't care about his political party or his religion.

Whether he really meant those things about redefining rape and making birth control and abortion illegal or not, I have two sisters who chose to be on birth control and a friend who will die if she had another baby because she's so small height wise.

I hate birth control for my own personal reasons and frankly, I think the standards for abortion should be a little more strict compared to as they are now. However, I believe birth control and abortion is, ultimately, a woman's choice. Roe vs Wade guaranteed the woman's right to abort a pregnancy. I would at least like to know the options are there and people can get those options legally, should they decide to.

I apologize if I offended you or anyone else, as that was not my intent.

I understand, and no need. I am not offended.

Something a little funny about Jane Roe and her current views:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_MUUvcvjEg

As for my views on abortion, I don't believe it should be the husband's or the mother's choice-- it should be the fetus's-- which is to say the baby's. Clarice might be quite different from when she's to when she's 16, but she's still Clarice. If it's viable and capable of a sustainable and mostly healthy life without endangering the mother, at least take it through birth and give it up for adoption.... but those are my own views.

About your friend with the height problem. Ryan expressed specifically in the debate against Joe Biden that cases of rape and incest (which I myself view as compromised in the case of human life) and in cases concerning the health of the mother, they'd allow. Surprisingly, this goes against my political beliefs, in which I believe abortion should be allowed in any case whatsoever as long as they are not government-funded (I don't want my money being wasted on wasting something they consider human waste).

And by the logic you were providing, you had only assumed he was against women's rights, but you said it rather objectively in that first post I quoted. Please remember that your suspicions, no matter however true they may seem, do not apply to everything, everyone, and are not necessarily true in any or all cases. This is why we Americans have such a tedious court system which has enthralled me, by the complexity of its workings and processes, to study.

Even though I think I'll stick to Philosophy, English, or Psychology. I want to be a writer. smile

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
You're a Libertarian!?

Sup.

Also, I only get on their cases when they're legitimately saying something stupid.
I think.

It's far too often for comfort.

Unforgiving Warlord

Divine_Malevolence
You're a Libertarian!?

Sup.

Also, I only get on their cases when they're legitimately saying something stupid.
I think.

Yes! So, I remember your signature from around these parts and others, I think.

Lol, what have the others been saying? Do I have to correct them, too? And I thought taking care of the Christians was a handful xD

(I'm a Deist Libertarian who plays the Devil's Advocate for the sake of objectivity, and on Gaia, that is usually Conservatives and Christians. I'm guessing it's because of the whole "I'm going to college, I know about or will know about everything" ideals, or the teen rebellion movement.)

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Creed AIpha

I want to be a preschool teacher so the kids I'm teaching won't care about politics. XD that and I love kids in general.

I just want to keep a watch out for those who I care about the most. I personally think abortion should be reserved for those who are pregnant from rape or incest and those who will die having the baby. All these teenagers that have abortions because they don't want to have a baby isn't right. There are people out there who want kids but cannot have them.

Then again, it is my first year voting.

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Divine_Malevolence
You're a Libertarian!?

Sup.

I think.

No, I'm independent. D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out