Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Is it the end of the world because Obama is president for 4 more years?

Yes 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 10 ]
No 0.69230769230769 69.2% [ 90 ]
Ultra Satan! 0.14615384615385 14.6% [ 19 ]
Undecided 0.084615384615385 8.5% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 130 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
LordKingPumpkinHead
wow, now people are changing the bible, to fit their ways.

That has been going on for the 2000 years. Where have you been? You're late!
Nyadriel
LordKingPumpkinHead
wow, now people are changing the bible, to fit their ways.

That has been going on for the 2000 years. Where have you been? You're late!
don't ask me, i don't read crap.
revan onasi
logan the god of candy
revan onasi
logan the god of candy
revan onasi
Right, because pot was illegal in biblical times, and America is the center of the Christian universe - decider of all the world's fate.

Sorry, it's just too much logic for me.

a little too quick to discount an idea.

pot/ illicit drugs? probably not. some general term for drugs or other mind altering substances? maybe. christian monks brewed beer back in the day so christians could get high after church. mind altering substances have been popular forever.

The Facebook poster we are talking about doesn't think of the past. They would then realize that all of the things they mentioned have gone on since the beginning of humans, and this isn't something we are "becoming."

from a dark ages christian point of view... all these gay freedoms and abortion and what not, all these sex and drugs and everything being backed by the government is a mirror of sodom and gomorroah. when we reach that stage...end of the world

I understand that you are trying to get me to see their point of view (at least that is what I am assuming, sorry,) but I was raised hardcore baptist, and I understand it all too clearly. I can know why they feel the way they do, and even empathize, while still being completely frustrated by their point of view. And disagreeing with it vehemently.

we don't have to agree, we don't have to like it. we simply have to understand that it makes sense to them, and it isn't outrageous.

Cute Punk

Fear mongering at its' finest. Just because the Mayan calender runs out means nothing. Sandy was also a direct result of global warning, people are just shitting bricks and losing their minds because they're being fed information through religion and fear mongering.

Not even the 'angels' know the time or day the world will end if it ever does. People need to stop obsessing over it.

Assimilated Genius

8,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Person of Interest 200
logan the god of candy

from a religious standpoint your friend's view is rather logical. from a political view it makes enough sense too. i think you are possibly a little to ignorant and just being judgmental. you should probably talk to your friend about it because his point of view could be quite reasonable.

But I don't believe gay marriage is wrong/evil. As for abortion/conticeptives...I believe a woman should have the right to use birth control. Abortions though shouldn't be thought of as a "get out of jail free card." I believe if a woman is raped, she should have the right to be able to choose to use a morning after pill, to get an abortion or to keep the baby.

As for drugs, I believe you can become addicted to/abuse almost anything. Not just alcohol or pot but also food, people, electronics...Like you mentioned before people, humans have been intoxicating themselves for thousands of years... It is of my opinion that it is good to know when to stop. To be educated on what it is you're putting into your body...

I guess what I take issue with the most is how my former facebook friend seems to suddenly view the world in such harsh black and white tones. That they seem to believe that if somebody is romantically involved with someone of the same gender that it's evil, THEY are evil...

Shameless Bloodsucker

logan the god of candy

we don't have to agree, we don't have to like it. we simply have to understand that it makes sense to them, and it isn't outrageous.

I already know it makes sense to them, but I don't have to agree that it isn't outrageous to me. All due respect, but I will not concede that point.
revan onasi
logan the god of candy

I already know it makes sense to them, but I don't have to agree that it isn't outrageous to me. All due respect, but I will not concede that point.

he judges people. he doesn't attack or punish anybody. what is outrageous about that?

Shameless Bloodsucker

logan the god of candy
revan onasi
logan the god of candy

he judges people. he doesn't attack or punish anybody. what is outrageous about that?

The Facebook poster? Their views are in a sense outrageous to me, not their actions. I don't know anything about their actions.
revan onasi
logan the god of candy
revan onasi
logan the god of candy

The Facebook poster? Their views are in a sense outrageous to me, not their actions. I don't know anything about their actions.

so he is a ******** idiot. i don't see why we can't have friends that are ******** idiots and believe in dumb a** outrageous s**t. they aren't outrageous, just the crap they believe.

Shameless Bloodsucker

logan the god of candy

so he is a ******** idiot. i don't see why we can't have friends that are ******** idiots and believe in dumb a** outrageous s**t. they aren't outrageous, just the crap they believe.

Oh, I do have those friends, personally. Sometimes we love people despite clashing beliefs. 3nodding
revan onasi
logan the god of candy

Oh, I do have those friends, personally. Sometimes we love people despite clashing beliefs. 3nodding

from that point of view, what is OP's functioning problem?

Shy Prophet

Huey_Freeman800
This is a post from one of the people(They shall remain nameless) on my facebook friends list:

"It's the end of the world as we know it. The bible says the world will grow more wicked. Pot will be legalized, gay marriage, abortions, everything bad is now good.. And everything good is mocked.. The world is trying to rid god out of everything.. The constitution.. On our money " in god we trust" .. If we don't have god on our side.. Who will be on our side? I totally see the world becoming m
ore evil and more worldly, less godly... The bible has once again proven it's real! Open your eyes world.. I knew Obama would win.. Because this world wants a leader who allows everything bad.. The bible predicted people becoming evil... Dang . I only hope Obama will be impeached and Romney can rescue us later on... Lol Ok ok my rant is done..."

UNFRIEND

Discuss!

have they ever heard of separation of church and state? god shouldn't be in our government in the first place. and last time i checked the bible said nothing about pot...

Interesting Seeker

Huey_Freeman800
This is a post from one of the people(They shall remain nameless) on my facebook friends list:

"It's the end of the world as we know it. The bible says the world will grow more wicked. Pot will be legalized, gay marriage, abortions, everything bad is now good.. And everything good is mocked.. The world is trying to rid god out of everything.. The constitution.. On our money " in god we trust" .. If we don't have god on our side.. Who will be on our side? I totally see the world becoming m
ore evil and more worldly, less godly... The bible has once again proven it's real! Open your eyes world.. I knew Obama would win.. Because this world wants a leader who allows everything bad.. The bible predicted people becoming evil... Dang . I only hope Obama will be impeached and Romney can rescue us later on... Lol Ok ok my rant is done..."

UNFRIEND

Discuss!

Well unfortunately Romney will never be able to rescue us becasue if Obama were to be impeached then Joe Biden would take over as President. Romney's economic policies though I think will be remembered later on in the future by someone smart. Someday people will read about this election in their history book and say wow people were stupid back then. The good thing is that Obama does not have a total victory becasue the House of Representitives is in control of the Republicans. Now we must focus our efforts on undermining Obama however possible.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Remember when Bush Jr was all like he believed we were going to have armageddon and wanted to be our leader through the Apocalypse and all that junk.

Ah,.. maybe you don't.

But he rambled about that. He said he wanted to bring on the armageddon or some junk. Blah blah blah. Crazy stuff that didn't make sense. Sounded like he thought he'd get to own everyone in the US in Heaven or some junk.

Religion sure has a way of making people seem dumb and crazy.

Obsessive Player

Huey_Freeman800

UNFRIEND

Discuss!
You know, this is a day of high emotiom. Andm your friens sis say it was HIS rant. Trye friends accept one another even when they may not agree. It;s not about "unfriending: someone who has ideas that are vastly different possinly from your own. "I hear what you're saying, but do not see (feel) the same way. So, let's just leave the subject, please.:

Also, do you see any kernels of wisdom in his statements? Just asking.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff