Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Is it the end of the world because Obama is president for 4 more years?

Yes 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 10 ]
No 0.69230769230769 69.2% [ 90 ]
Ultra Satan! 0.14615384615385 14.6% [ 19 ]
Undecided 0.084615384615385 8.5% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 130 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Shameless Bloodsucker

Right, because pot was illegal in biblical times, and America is the center of the Christian universe - decider of all the world's fate.

Sorry, it's just too much logic for me.

Girl-Crazy Kitten

9,175 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
Huey_Freeman800
This is a post from one of the people(They shall remain nameless) on my facebook friends list:

"It's the end of the world as we know it. The bible says the world will grow more wicked. Pot will be legalized, gay marriage, abortions, everything bad is now good.. And everything good is mocked.. The world is trying to rid god out of everything.. The constitution.. On our money " in god we trust" .. If we don't have god on our side.. Who will be on our side? I totally see the world becoming m
ore evil and more worldly, less godly... The bible has once again proven it's real! Open your eyes world.. I knew Obama would win.. Because this world wants a leader who allows everything bad.. The bible predicted people becoming evil... Dang . I only hope Obama will be impeached and Romney can rescue us later on... Lol Ok ok my rant is done..."

UNFRIEND

Discuss!

Which bible verse states that Obama will cause the Armageddon?
And so what if we all become evil? If evil means I can marry my girlfriend and not worry about becoming a second class citizen, then evil it is. Besides, the dark side has cookies.
revan onasi
Right, because pot was illegal in biblical times, and America is the center of the Christian universe - decider of all the world's fate.

a little too quick to discount an idea.

pot/ illicit drugs? probably not. some general term for drugs or other mind altering substances? maybe. christian monks brewed beer back in the day so christians could get high after church. mind altering substances have been popular forever.

Assimilated Genius

8,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Person of Interest 200
logan the god of candy
revan onasi

pot/ illicit drugs? probably not. some general term for drugs or other mind altering substances? maybe. christian monks brewed beer back in the day so christians could get high after church. mind altering substances have been popular forever.

I think my former facebook friend follows this belief, "Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. "

Basically saying, "If you get intoxicated ever/often, you don't get into heaven."
Huey_Freeman800
logan the god of candy
revan onasi

I think my former facebook friend follows this belief, "Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. "

Basically saying, "If you get intoxicated ever/often, you don't get in to heaven."

lol do you go to church? like 3 people every 4567890876567 years actually goes to heaven because everything damns us. humans are not good. only god is good. to get into heaven, you have to do exactly what god wants you to do and you have to go to church and pray and get absolved of any sin you can, and even then you probably won't get in.

Shameless Bloodsucker

logan the god of candy
revan onasi

The Facebook poster we are talking about doesn't think of the past. They would then realize that all of the things they mentioned have gone on since the beginning of humans, and this isn't something we are "becoming."
revan onasi
logan the god of candy
revan onasi

The Facebook poster we are talking about doesn't think of the past. They would then realize that all of the things they mentioned have gone on since the beginning of humans, and this isn't something we are "becoming."

from a dark ages christian point of view... all these gay freedoms and abortion and what not, all these sex and drugs and everything being backed by the government is a mirror of sodom and gomorroah. when we reach that stage...end of the world

Assimilated Genius

8,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Person of Interest 200
logan the god of candy
Huey_Freeman800
logan the god of candy
revan onasi

Basically saying, "If you get intoxicated ever/often, you don't get in to heaven."

lol do you go to church? like 3 people every 4567890876567 years actually goes to heaven because everything damns us. humans are not good. only god is good. to get into heaven, you have to do exactly what god wants you to do and you have to go to church and pray and get absolved of any sin you can, and even then you probably won't get in.

No, I don't go to church. I use to until what you just typed became apparent(I was about 10). I'm an agnostic trying to educate myself on religions that are popular now and in the past.
Huey_Freeman800
logan the god of candy
Huey_Freeman800
logan the god of candy
revan onasi

No, I don't go to church. I use to until what you just typed became apparent(I was about 10). I'm an agnostic trying to educate myself on religions that are popular now and in the past.

from a religious standpoint your friend's view is rather logical. from a political view it makes enough sense too. i think you are possibly a little to ignorant and just being judgmental. you should probably talk to your friend about it because his point of view could be quite reasonable.
wow, now people are changing the bible, to fit their ways.
End of the world just because he was president for more then four years? That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If the world was gonna end, it would do it even if he wasn't president.

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
I would have agreed, had religion not been their primary motivation for that rant.

Beloved Shapeshifter

Nah, besides, I find it humorous how people think it's gonna be the apocalypse because of how the election went. It wouldn't have been the end of the world if Romney was voted in either, but I frankly hate his take on certain things a bit worse than I did with Obama's policies. I was gonna vote for Johnson, but changed my mind at the last minute. I figure, I live in a red state... What would piss everyone off more: voting a libertarian who was republican who wants to legalize marijuana or voting Democrat? I should have gone with my first instinct. sweatdrop

Magnetic Prophet

9,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Fox on Stilts
You did the right thing. 3nodding

Shameless Bloodsucker

logan the god of candy
revan onasi
logan the god of candy
revan onasi

from a dark ages christian point of view... all these gay freedoms and abortion and what not, all these sex and drugs and everything being backed by the government is a mirror of sodom and gomorroah. when we reach that stage...end of the world

I understand that you are trying to get me to see their point of view (at least that is what I am assuming, sorry,) but I was raised hardcore baptist, and I understand it all too clearly. I can know why they feel the way they do, and even empathize, while still being completely frustrated by their point of view. And disagreeing with it vehemently.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff