Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with ur ddy

The Committee Staff Gatekeeper

-All My Nope-
Because idiots vote for idiots. Case closed.
thejimsternater
Sorry i'm homophobic. Ill admit it. But before people want there "rights". What do they want. Marriage? Where did the act of getting married come from? Please someone tell me. Im pretty sure it comes from a religion called Christianity and even before that, Judaism. Now these religions speak against Homosexuality very clearly in the Bible. So when you say you want to get married and are homosexual, your basically contradicting yourself. Marriage has always been between a Man and Women. If you want to get together as a man and man or women and women. Then create some social institution for yourself. Leave the Marriage of a Man and Women where it has been for thousands of years.

No one is taking your rights of being homosexual away. I ain't, i cant control your desire to be with your own gender. Its not my business. But don't mess with other people's beliefs and try to shove Homosexuality in there face when they don't believe it. Everyone is always talking about being offended. I am honestly offended your messing with Marriage, a GOD given gift. If you don't believe in God then you shouldn't even worry about Marriage just do whatever you want. Besides most Homosexual couples get the exact same benefits as a Married couple does. The Last "right" that you people want is the "Married" right. A right that TOTALLY contradicts your beliefs.

Thanks

You are wrong. Marriage is not originally a Christian invention. Marriage has existed before Christianity and had nothing to do with religion, it was originally a CULTURAL institution. Not to mention that homosexuality has been a normal part of humanity since the beginning, way before Christianity and other modern religions were invented. Marriage in a church is religious, yes, but few gays actually want to have a church wedding. A non-religious, non-church marriage shouldn't be a problem to you. Why does it bother you so much? How exactly does, for example, the marriage two men who love each other, affect YOU in any way? It doesn't. At all. Your life will not be affected or changed in any way if a gay couple gets married. So there is literally no reason to ban gays from getting married - just ignore it. No-one's forcing you to marry a gay. No-one's forcing you to do anything. You're just being asked to live your own ******** life and stop getting so bothered and butthurt about other people who have nothing to do with you, your life, your future marriage(s).
thejimsternater
Sorry i'm homophobic. Ill admit it. But before people want there "rights". What do they want. Marriage? Where did the act of getting married come from? Please someone tell me. Im pretty sure it comes from a religion called Christianity and even before that, Judaism. Now these religions speak against Homosexuality very clearly in the Bible. So when you say you want to get married and are homosexual, your basically contradicting yourself. Marriage has always been between a Man and Women. If you want to get together as a man and man or women and women. Then create some social institution for yourself. Leave the Marriage of a Man and Women where it has been for thousands of years.

No one is taking your rights of being homosexual away. I ain't, i cant control your desire to be with your own gender. Its not my business. But don't mess with other people's beliefs and try to shove Homosexuality in there face when they don't believe it. Everyone is always talking about being offended. I am honestly offended your messing with Marriage, a GOD given gift. If you don't believe in God then you shouldn't even worry about Marriage just do whatever you want. Besides most Homosexual couples get the exact same benefits as a Married couple does. The Last "right" that you people want is the "Married" right. A right that TOTALLY contradicts your beliefs.

Thanks

There's marriage in church, and marriage before the state. As far as I'm aware, church and state are not tied. So why would it be an offence to you if gays want to get married before the state?

Atheists also get married, and so do people of other religions. Are those all invalid?

So how is it "Shoving it in your face?" Do you get an invitation to every gay wedding in the country? No? Then you stop shoving your religion in my face. I don't believe in God, but that doesn't mean I don't have values and morals or that your way of life is better somehow.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-All My Nope-
Blackcrash2
You all are right... Sorry I've just had it with some people in other forums...
I've been called a f**, the f bomb multiple times when I would just point out something that I person would miss...

But the one of the main reasons why I did vote for Romney was for Ryan. Not sure what everyone's opinion is on his political beliefs, but I've researched each of the candidates and their vice president's political beliefs. I was really disappointed that Romney kept flip flopping back and forth from one side to the next. But I looked at Ryan's records and I agreed with him on a majority of issues.

For the second amendment, it is necessary to defend that right and being able to have guns to protect yourself. I live in a state where there are different gun laws to restrict the use of one's gun. And the crime rate has shot up, those gun laws never helped. Obama has been in support of laws that restrict the use of guns, trust me... some people will say that it's a great idea and that it will reduce crime, it hasn't.

I have some issues with the Obamacare act. One of the main reasons why I'm really disappointed in this act is that Pelosi stated (before the act was passed) was that in order to find out what is in the bill, they needed to first pass it... Here's the thing, there is a way to find out what it is, it's called reading it. At the doctor's office that are close to my house, they have had to get rid of a lot of their doctors and they did tell that the reason why they were doing this was because of the health reform act. I've been having different health issues come up, and having a shortage of doctors isn't going to help anyone get better...

This is only part of my list. Sorry to bug you all with this.

Sorry to pop in here for a moment. But I want to ask something. You do realise that gun crime would drastically shoot down if guns weren't allowed there to begin with, right?

I don't think that's true, personally.
A criminal isn't going to let a law stop them from acquiring a gun.
A law against owning a gun only holds back those who follow said law. If a crook wants a gun, a quick stop to the internet would let them get one.
Then there's illegal trafficking of said weapons in literally any state where gun laws are present...and corrupt politics, back-room deals, etc etc etc.
Now, I'm not against regulations on gun use, not entirely, I'm just saying that they won't stop a determined, evil person who really wants a firearm.

Dapper Dabbler

smashbrolink
-All My Nope-
Blackcrash2
I've been called a f**, the f bomb multiple times when I would just point out something that I person would miss...

But the one of the main reasons why I did vote for Romney was for Ryan. Not sure what everyone's opinion is on his political beliefs, but I've researched each of the candidates and their vice president's political beliefs. I was really disappointed that Romney kept flip flopping back and forth from one side to the next. But I looked at Ryan's records and I agreed with him on a majority of issues.

For the second amendment, it is necessary to defend that right and being able to have guns to protect yourself. I live in a state where there are different gun laws to restrict the use of one's gun. And the crime rate has shot up, those gun laws never helped. Obama has been in support of laws that restrict the use of guns, trust me... some people will say that it's a great idea and that it will reduce crime, it hasn't.

I have some issues with the Obamacare act. One of the main reasons why I'm really disappointed in this act is that Pelosi stated (before the act was passed) was that in order to find out what is in the bill, they needed to first pass it... Here's the thing, there is a way to find out what it is, it's called reading it. At the doctor's office that are close to my house, they have had to get rid of a lot of their doctors and they did tell that the reason why they were doing this was because of the health reform act. I've been having different health issues come up, and having a shortage of doctors isn't going to help anyone get better...

Sorry to pop in here for a moment. But I want to ask something. You do realise that gun crime would drastically shoot down if guns weren't allowed there to begin with, right?

A law against owning a gun only holds back those who follow said law. If a crook wants a gun, a quick stop to the internet would let them get one.
Then there's illegal trafficking of said weapons in literally any state where gun laws are present...and corrupt politics, back-room deals, etc etc etc.
Now, I'm not against regulations on gun use, not entirely, I'm just saying that they won't stop a determined, evil person who really wants a firearm.

Yes, but what makes you think that allowing everyone to arm themselves is a good idea? Guns are illegal in Britain and attackers use knives as a majority. But this also deters major crimes. If your system can allow people who may not be 100% there in sanity you should see you've got quite a huge problem. Maybe if the process of getting a weapon was actually incredibly difficult it'd make more sense.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-All My Nope-
smashbrolink
-All My Nope-
Blackcrash2

Yes, but what makes you think that allowing everyone to arm themselves is a good idea? Guns are illegal in Britain and attackers use knives as a majority. But this also deters major crimes. If your system can allow people who may not be 100% there in sanity you should see you've got quite a huge problem. Maybe if the process of getting a weapon was actually incredibly difficult it'd make more sense.

That's the thing, though; as long as the internet and connections through the right people exists, it'll never be difficult to get a weapon.[well, unless you're shopping for NUKES or something...XD]
I'm an avid gun hater, IRL[despite my love of a certain little game called Borderlands. How's that for irony, eh?], but even I have to admit the sense in the statement, "if a potential thief knows the people he's about to rob might also have guns, and might get him from behind, he'll be less likely to try something."
It's about the implied threat.
When the innocents have all the same power as the villains, suddenly the villains are a little less willing to put their a** on the line.

The thought of HAVING to use a gun disgusts me, but I think I would rather shoot a gun than look at the grave of someone I loved, someday in the future, with the guilt of knowing that if I had had a gun too, I might have been able to save them from the one who shot them.

And before you mention it, yes, I'm more than aware that giving everyone the right to own a gun means that it would put a gun in the hands of a potential criminal far easier than if they were outlawed.
But the crook would find one if he wanted one anyways, it'd just be delayed. He'd still get to shoot one, and someone would die unable to defend themselves because they followed the law.

Imagine, if you will, a bank robber in this day and age.
He walks in with a gun and tells everyone to hit the ground.
The instant he turns his back on any one of these people, spread all around a room so much that only an army of crooks could possibly look after everyone at once, one of his victims pulls a gun.
He turns towards that person, the one he was guarding pulls a gun.
He turns again, another pulls one.
Etc etc etc ad infinite.
A crook that can get shot in the back by the housewife he just stole a watch from isn't going to be too keen on pulling another stunt like it.

Dapper Dabbler

smashbrolink
-All My Nope-
smashbrolink
-All My Nope-
Blackcrash2

That's the thing, though; as long as the internet and connections through the right people exists, it'll never be difficult to get a weapon.[well, unless you're shopping for NUKES or something...XD]
I'm an avid gun hater, IRL[despite my love of a certain little game called Borderlands. How's that for irony, eh?], but even I have to admit the sense in the statement, "if a potential thief knows the people he's about to rob might also have guns, and might get him from behind, he'll be less likely to try something."
When the innocents have all the same power as the villains, suddenly the villains are a little less willing to put their a** on the line.

The thought of HAVING to use a gun disgusts me, but I think I would rather shoot a gun than look at the grave of someone I loved, someday in the future, with the knowledge that if I had had a gun too, I might have been able to save them from the one who shot them.

Yes, but that same statement is pretty damn screwed up to begin with. The gun system makes it so that if a criminal is armed and knows his target is not he could get away with the majority of what you own. It forces you to buy a gun. I don't think that's fair, even in the slightest. And as for the getting weapons off the internet and such, I don't think that's true. Determined criminals, maybe. But they're quite a small minority in the grand scheme of things. I'm all for getting weapons out of the hands of the unstable or the petty criminals.

Them being able to just walk into a store and leave fully armed is really ******** up.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-All My Nope-
smashbrolink
-All My Nope-
smashbrolink
-All My Nope-
Blackcrash2

The thought of HAVING to use a gun disgusts me, but I think I would rather shoot a gun than look at the grave of someone I loved, someday in the future, with the knowledge that if I had had a gun too, I might have been able to save them from the one who shot them.

Yes, but that same statement is pretty damn screwed up to begin with. The gun system makes it so that if a criminal is armed and knows his target is not he could get away with the majority of what you own. It forces you to buy a gun. I don't think that's fair, even in the slightest. And as for the getting weapons off the internet and such, I don't think that's true. Determined criminals, maybe. But they're quite a small minority in the grand scheme of things. I'm all for getting weapons out of the hands of the unstable or the petty criminals.

Them being able to just walk into a store and leave fully armed is really ******** up.

Well, when you think about it, the whole damn world is a pretty screwed-up place right now.
Sometimes the only defense is to be as crazy as the rest of the insane bastards out there. Or at least being good at pretending you are.

Dapper Dabbler

smashbrolink
-All My Nope-
smashbrolink
-All My Nope-
smashbrolink

Well, when you think about it, the whole damn world is a pretty screwed-up place right now.
Sometimes the only defense is to be as crazy as the rest of the insane bastards out there. Or at least being good at pretending you are.

I'm one of these people who would rather put my own life on the line than have to kill or seriously injure somebody.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-All My Nope-
smashbrolink
-All My Nope-
smashbrolink
-All My Nope-
smashbrolink

I'm one of these people who would rather put my own life on the line than have to kill or seriously injure somebody.
Same here. I just recognize that I would rather stray outside that comfort zone than let someone I love die in front of me, or let some crazy fool go around hurting others.
Forcing submission is always my first choice, but if there's ever a time when that does not work...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff