Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tally

+1 1 100.0% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
This poll closed on November 19, 2012.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2

I appreciate that you accept that American changes aren't going to magically save the whole world, an attitude that American Politics has always reeked of (As is America, so the world goes.).

Dapper Dabbler

10,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Andy French
Allicat12-XD
Divine_Malevolence
Allicat12-XD
Divine_Malevolence
Because the Democrats aren't as good at fear mongering as the Republicans.
Obama's still pursuing green energy, however, which is a solution to the problem not mentioned.

How did fear mongering get into this? Also I don't know if its that Republicans are better at fear mongering, or if they just use it more.
Saying "Vote for us or the planet will burn up" is sort of fear mongering.

Ok, but no one here is saying that.

I direct you to the link in my previous post.

I didn't see your post before and I was referring to people in the topic at that time.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Andy French
Divine_Malevolence

Pardon?

Now, not being an American, I can't really speak to any first hand knowledge of either party, but Imma let you know, compared to my countries politics both American Parties are pretty fear-monger-ey.
"As good as".
Divine_Malevolence
Andy French
Divine_Malevolence

Pardon?

Now, not being an American, I can't really speak to any first hand knowledge of either party, but Imma let you know, compared to my countries politics both American Parties are pretty fear-monger-ey.
"As good as".

Fair enough. I am coming from Canada, where the worst campaign ads are basically "So and so is a d**k and I am awesome. Vote for me." so quite frankly all of American Politics seems very Fear-Monger-Esque to me.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Andy French
Divine_Malevolence
Andy French
Divine_Malevolence

Pardon?

"As good as".

Fair enough. I am coming from Canada, where the worst campaign ads are basically "So and so is a d**k and I am awesome. Vote for me." so quite frankly all of American Politics seems very Fear-Monger-Esque to me.
We don't like it either.
But it's apparently what works. I currently want to destroy the bipartisan nature of the country, 'cause I feel that if there were four parties it would be more effective to say good things about your campaign than it would be to smear all three other campaigns in different ways.
Allicat12-XD
Divine_Malevolence
Allicat12-XD
Divine_Malevolence
Obama's still pursuing green energy, however, which is a solution to the problem not mentioned.

How did fear mongering get into this? Also I don't know if its that Republicans are better at fear mongering, or if they just use it more.

Ok, but no one here is saying that. There should be measures put in place so our country can adapt to changing conditions. I was wondering if any candidates had statements on possible plans that could be put into place. For example, my area is expected to get more rainfall in a less amount of time as a result of climate change. So a permanent solution for flooding should be put into place so we don't have to shut down the whole state every few months.

repubs dont belive climate change .they belive god did everthing . an dont belive in science

Dapper Dabbler

10,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Mark Twain 100
kenshinfan123
Allicat12-XD
Divine_Malevolence
Allicat12-XD
Divine_Malevolence

Ok, but no one here is saying that. There should be measures put in place so our country can adapt to changing conditions. I was wondering if any candidates had statements on possible plans that could be put into place. For example, my area is expected to get more rainfall in a less amount of time as a result of climate change. So a permanent solution for flooding should be put into place so we don't have to shut down the whole state every few months.

repubs dont belive climate change .they belive god did everthing . an dont belive in science

You're speaking on behalf of the stereotypical Republican. Those generalizations are going to get you into trouble.

Dedicated Prophet

9,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
Why bother? We can't fix it. It's too late!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff