Not for Romney, but against Obama 0.040540540540541 4.1% [ 3 ]
Undecided 0.12162162162162 12.2% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 74 ]
< 1 2 3

Liberal Voter

--Sky Kid Tai--
ChemicalDistress
--Sky Kid Tai--
4 years of abject failure decided my vote.

Mitt wasn't my first choice, but I'll suck it up and vote for him.

What "abject failure" are you referring to?

Where do I begin? The failed stimulus? The failing auto and bank bailouts? Failing to get federal spending under control? Failure to listen to the majority of the American people? Failure to take any sort of responsibility on himself and his regime? Failing foreign policy? Take your pick.

How has the stimulus failed? Millions of Americans still have their jobs because of Obama's stimulus plan.

Obama saved the auto industry and at least 1.4 million jobs, and put pressure on the company to change its practices. He made mega-banks more accountable for the risks present to the economy. Banks are starting to give out loans again.

Obama has had the least amount of federal spending since Eisenhower was in office. Where do you get this absurd idea?

Obama has visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any previous president during his first six months in office alone. He improved relations with Middle East countries by appointing special envoys. He pushed for our military to emphasize development of foreign language skills. He refused to give Israel the green light to attack Iran over their possible nuclear program, thus avoiding another war that Republicans want. He established new, more reasonable policies in our relations with Cuba, such as allowing Cuban-Americans to visit their families and send money to support them. He ended the war in Iraq and will end the war in Afghanistan during his second term. And, of course, Osama bin Laden is dead.

Liberal Voter

X_Torric_X
--Sky Kid Tai--
ChemicalDistress
--Sky Kid Tai--

Where do I begin? The failed stimulus? The failing auto and bank bailouts? Failing to get federal spending under control? Failure to listen to the majority of the American people? Failure to take any sort of responsibility on himself and his regime? Failing foreign policy? Take your pick.

Not to mention:
Tripling the national debt in 1 term
Authorizing drone strikes without Congress' approval
Takes a vacation every time he passes a bill

Insofar as President Obama's policies are responsible for our current debt crisis, I think it's pretty obvious that the President's policies have had very little to do in regards of adding to our debt.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The above chart can be misleading in some ways so here is another that proves my point:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ChemicalDistress
--Sky Kid Tai--
ChemicalDistress
--Sky Kid Tai--

How has the stimulus failed? Millions of Americans still have their jobs because of Obama's stimulus plan.

Obama saved the auto industry and at least 1.4 million jobs, and put pressure on the company to change its practices. He made mega-banks more accountable for the risks present to the economy. Banks are starting to give out loans again.

Obama has had the least amount of federal spending since Eisenhower was in office. Where do you get this absurd idea?

Obama has visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any previous president during his first six months in office alone. He improved relations with Middle East countries by appointing special envoys. He pushed for our military to emphasize development of foreign language skills. He refused to give Israel the green light to attack Iran over their possible nuclear program, thus avoiding another war that Republicans want. He established new, more reasonable policies in our relations with Cuba, such as allowing Cuban-Americans to visit their families and send money to support them. He ended the war in Iraq and will end the war in Afghanistan during his second term. And, of course, Osama bin Laden is dead.

I'm sorry, I think you missed the part where we have a record number of people on food stamps and on welfare all together.

What about all those green energy companies that failed? On our tax dollars mind you. And I believe Barry did promise that these companies would lead to job creation...yeah right...

And the auto industry didn't change its practices. Lets take a look at GM since the regime champions it so much. First off, they did go bankrupt. The government simply picked up the tab...at taxpayers expense mind you.

2nd, they haven't changed their practices. GM still makes s**t for cars.

And Obama has spent this country into oblivion. If he has had the least amount of federal spending since Eisenhower (which he hasn't. +5$ deficits over his first term), how is it that CBS reports that Obama has spent more in his first term than Bush did in two terms?

And why don't you ask Christopher Stevens about Obama's foreign policy.

Feral Fatcat

11,500 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Overstocked 200
Obama hands down.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

I'm not voting until we get a decent candidate again.
Lord Elwrind
2pound
Lord Elwrind
2pound
Ziporae
Imperatrix Anemone

If you don't like Obama, don't vote for him. There are more than two options and another candidate may match your views more so.

Try: http://www.isidewith.com

Personally, I am going to vote Gary Johnson or Ron Paul.
you just want to smoke weed legally; just smoke up and vote obama already. or not. your choice.

it's just that Democrats and Republicans have so much power making laws and enforcing them that it might be crazy to think anybody else who's not R or D can be elected anything higher than a Senator/House Rep, much less a President.

We have yet to have an Independent President. We almost had one I am not sure how many times. If any of the third party candidates can ever get "off the ground" past the Primaries, There would be a better chance. But it never seems to happen.
man, if America had the policy that Mexico does (government funding political parties) there would be soooooo many more choices; then again, it's a corrupt system so there's that. it's all about the funding (it's all about the money, money, money).

I've known that for decades. This is why it's always so "you are wasting your vote on a third party" during election years like this. This isn't the first time.
Feds tried to make new rules to limit lobby money to be used for elections (what's the term? )
That is why there is now the "super pac" thing as a way to bypass that.
Now we have to wait and HOPE that that will become illegal.
lol

notice how you said superpac and not its real name? this is what the media does to people. you have to learn a new language to understand politics; the media sort of teaches us another new language and while we have all this confusion going on these issues are getting ignored for what they are because of what they're called. I heard a voter say, "I'm voting Mitt because he's the new Super-Pac-Man!"

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
2pound
Lord Elwrind
2pound
Lord Elwrind
2pound
you just want to smoke weed legally; just smoke up and vote obama already. or not. your choice.

it's just that Democrats and Republicans have so much power making laws and enforcing them that it might be crazy to think anybody else who's not R or D can be elected anything higher than a Senator/House Rep, much less a President.

We have yet to have an Independent President. We almost had one I am not sure how many times. If any of the third party candidates can ever get "off the ground" past the Primaries, There would be a better chance. But it never seems to happen.
man, if America had the policy that Mexico does (government funding political parties) there would be soooooo many more choices; then again, it's a corrupt system so there's that. it's all about the funding (it's all about the money, money, money).

I've known that for decades. This is why it's always so "you are wasting your vote on a third party" during election years like this. This isn't the first time.
Feds tried to make new rules to limit lobby money to be used for elections (what's the term? )
lol

notice how you said superpac and not its real name? this is what the media does to people. you have to learn a new language to understand politics; the media sort of teaches us another new language and while we have all this confusion going on these issues are getting ignored for what they are because of what they're called. I heard a voter say, "I'm voting Mitt because he's the new Super-Pac-Man!"

*giggles*

And to be honest, I never learned "that language". But at least you understood what I was talking about. We need to get rid of that and let every American donate $1 to whatever party/candidate we support and let the candidates be limited to only that much money. That way we can shove out the corporate interests.

Liberal Voter

--Sky Kid Tai--
ChemicalDistress
--Sky Kid Tai--
ChemicalDistress
--Sky Kid Tai--

I'm sorry, I think you missed the part where we have a record number of people on food stamps and on welfare all together.

What about all those green energy companies that failed? On our tax dollars mind you. And I believe Barry did promise that these companies would lead to job creation...yeah right...

And the auto industry didn't change its practices. Lets take a look at GM since the regime champions it so much. First off, they did go bankrupt. The government simply picked up the tab...at taxpayers expense mind you.

2nd, they haven't changed their practices. GM still makes s**t for cars.

And Obama has spent this country into oblivion. If he has had the least amount of federal spending since Eisenhower (which he hasn't. +5$ deficits over his first term), how is it that CBS reports that Obama has spent more in his first term than Bush did in two terms?

And why don't you ask Christopher Stevens about Obama's foreign policy.

The reason for our record high that rely on food stamps is because of several factors: rising costs in fuel, housing, food, medical care, education costs, etc. The burden can't be entirely laid upon jobs or the stimulus plan. However, regarding jobs, it goes beyond people not being able to find jobs, but people who are able to find jobs that provide a living wage.

This is more subjective, but those that have large families also have very high household expenses. The price for food, medical care and education costs multiplies for every additional child.

The fact that income is going down and prices are going up means many more people are eligible for food stamps than before. The new jobs that Obama has created pay less than before; and Obama cannot create higher paying jobs if businesses are fastidiously creating more low paying jobs. Even higher paying jobs are decreasing in their median wages. In conclusion, Americans that previously thrived well now are pushed to rely on food stamps. The problem is not laid upon Obama or the stimulus plan, but on the capitalists that are ruining business operations.

I agree with your stance on investing in the green energy companies. It was a completely radical thing to do.

As for the auto industry, the plan was to keep it from failing, and in that we succeeded. If you're comparing their income or bankruptcy, then you're rationalizing. Look at it like our economy: despite the position we're in, Obama kept us from entering the worst depression we'd ever imagined. Our economy doesn't thrive, but it's far from rock bottom.

Our national debt is not at the fault of our president, nor will it be at the fault of our next president, nor the one after. It is a problem that has been exponentially building for 30 years, with most of the debt accumulated under Republican administrations. The Republicans are not forcing the crisis for anyone's benefit but their own. All you have to do is look at where the spending cuts are.

Bush has the highest "overspending" of the national GDP since any president since WWII. I even provided a chart of Obama's spending and you reply with a chart of national debt which is completely irrelevant. Until we are out of this recession, the debt will keep tacking on, and probably even after. Welcome to a world of everlasting IOUs.

Foreign policies almost entirely revolve around opinion. I know where you stand, you know where I stand.
Lord Elwrind
2pound
Lord Elwrind
2pound
Lord Elwrind
2pound

lol

*giggles*

And to be honest, I never learned "that language". But at least you understood what I was talking about. We need to get rid of that and let every American donate $1 to whatever party/candidate we support and let the candidates be limited to only that much money. That way we can shove out the corporate interests.
yeah i was just watching an MSNBC chat meeting or conference where they said that this certain action will not just mean "300 dollars from 300 people" but that the people are more likely to go out and support their candidate due to their small investment.

i support this 100% of the way because the neighborhood i used to live in was very oblivious to politics until Obama took over (most people were of minority races; latinos, Afro-Americans, some Indians and Middle-Easterners) and they said "we should start having bbq's to raise funds and to make people aware of the candidates and what issues each candidate supports and to have fun; parties for the people to talk about politics" then i moved out and the idea died but you see what it leads to? a more politically active community.

unfortunately, McCain was wondering the same thing and he probably killed it. so as long as he lives, he sucks the power of the people to have fun whilst talking about politics. nobody wants to be McCain's best friend at the bbqs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff