Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rosine Denaja
logan the god of candy
Mitsuki Horenake
Just because Obama is the president doesn't mean that he's in charge of EVERYTHING. That's basically the gist of democracy. The governors are in charge of this.

tha'ts the gist of a republic. we are the democratic republic. we the people are in charge.

The gist of a republic is a government run for the people that doesn't have a king.
And the gist of a democracy is that people vote directly or indirectly for their elected officials.

Nothing about either of that says anything about the head state being in charge of literally everything in every facet.

a republic is senators representing states and they vote. it's a democratic republic because we decide who those senators are. having a president is pretty much a fail safe because while the republic could do whatever they pleased, a president is a separate entity that can veto them. we also put him in charge. basically majority of people we elect have to agree and the president has to agree as well. and majority of citizens have to agree. majority of citizens basically over rules anything that can do.
logan the god of candy
Rosine Denaja
logan the god of candy
Mitsuki Horenake
Just because Obama is the president doesn't mean that he's in charge of EVERYTHING. That's basically the gist of democracy. The governors are in charge of this.

tha'ts the gist of a republic. we are the democratic republic. we the people are in charge.

The gist of a republic is a government run for the people that doesn't have a king.
And the gist of a democracy is that people vote directly or indirectly for their elected officials.

Nothing about either of that says anything about the head state being in charge of literally everything in every facet.

a republic is senators representing states and they vote.

Please go look up the word "republic". Also the word "democracy".
Republics are not necessarily democracies.
Quote:

it's a democratic republic because we decide who those senators are.

That would be "representational democracy".

Fashionable Hunter

I mean I live in New Jersey. It's snowing. But I feel fine. Most of my town does, except that one poor girl whose parents were crushed early on.

Between Christie's cooperation and federal help, people are trucking on my corner of the East Coast. Kids are back in school. College classes are continuing.
Rosine Denaja
logan the god of candy
Rosine Denaja
logan the god of candy
Mitsuki Horenake

Quote:

ugh, democratic republic, you troll.
kakteed
I mean I live in New Jersey. It's snowing. But I feel fine. Most of my town does, except that one poor girl whose parents were crushed early on.

Between Christie's cooperation and federal help, people are trucking on my corner of the East Coast. Kids are back in school. College classes are continuing.

Actually you're being taken over by a UN New World order operation through FEMA. Sorry I guess.
logan the god of candy
Rosine Denaja
logan the god of candy
Rosine Denaja
logan the god of candy

Quote:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Representative+democracy

I'm not trolling. You're just wrong a lot.

Fashionable Hunter

Rosine Denaja
kakteed

Actually you're being taken over by a UN New World order operation through FEMA. Sorry I guess.

Damn.
kakteed
Rosine Denaja
kakteed

Damn.

I know, I've learned a lot from this thread too.

Fashionable Hunter

Rosine Denaja
kakteed
Rosine Denaja
kakteed

Damn.

I know, I've learned a lot from this thread too.

rofl
logan the god of candy
Rosine Denaja
logan the god of candy
Rosine Denaja
logan the god of candy

Lolz hahahaha xd

Quote:

kakteed

im happy to hear the people are the ones helping and glad u guys are doing well
Rosine Denaja
logan the god of candy
Rosine Denaja
logan the god of candy
Rosine Denaja

Quote:

america is a democratic republic and it functions as i said. i'm sorry your god obama never let you in on the secret. stop arguing, shep.

Fashionable Hunter

25_QueenB
kakteed

im happy to hear the people are the ones helping and glad u guys are doing well

Thanks!
xd xd xd xd xd xd stare
logan the god of candy
Rosine Denaja
logan the god of candy
Rosine Denaja
logan the god of candy

Quote:

america is a democratic republic and it functions as i said. i'm sorry your god obama never let you in on the secret. stop arguing, shep.
xd xd xd xd xd xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces