Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Donator

11,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100
Star of my own show
cIawnie

Which is why I believe all politicians should have to live on minimum wage with no benefits. Then let them make a career out of being in office. That way only people who are in it for the rights reasons would do it.

-nod- Also like you know people who are on welfare, my dad gets so mad that they get extra money when they're being lazy!

Avaykn's Darling

Smol Cutie-Pie

Star of my own show
My fear though is this. If we allow Romney to become President, what exactly will become of us? Does anyone really and truly know? At least with Obama, we know what to expect. But Romney is a shot in the dark, and one I frankly wouldn't be willing to take if I could vote.
☆☆

How did you think Bush won his second term with us? <_<;; It's because we know what to expect with his ******** up.

I have a feeling Obama will walk that same path; he will win the election for another term... and then we're at the mercy of another fresh liar who is getting paid the big money to screw us all over.

..... honestly, I have no interest in politics, but it is rather amusing... but this is as far as I can go in terms of respond to you. I have no opinions, nor do I know what is going on. I feel like if I'm gonna be ********, it will happen rather I know it or not xD; (plus I'm a lazy mofo)

Noob

Star of my own show
xallthatglitters

This I agree fully with. Religion should NOT EVER be a part of political bullshit. And I will stand firm on this. I believe everyone fully entitled to their choice. But your choice should not be forced down someone else's throat.

Which is why my school pisses me off. While we have a Christian's in action club, the principal won't allow a Gay and Straight alliance club, and several teachers threatened to give detentions on National Day of Silence to students who would not speak during their classes.

Honeydew Pudding

This is why I am going to marry a foreign person, hopefully a Canadian, and live there. So much simpler.
Im Canadian, marry me? emotion_kirakira

Lonely Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Honeydew Pudding

I'd love to~ redface Name the place and the time xD

Lonely Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
cIawnie

The thing with this though is, I know a lot of people on welfare. They actually got to work with me. They have jobs, aren't being lazy, but in our economy they can't get a better job, and they have no other way to support themselves on minimum wage. It's nearly impossible.

So in a sense, welfare is a double edged sword.

Shameless Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
Star of my own show
xallthatglitters

This I agree fully with. Religion should NOT EVER be a part of political bullshit. And I will stand firm on this. I believe everyone fully entitled to their choice. But your choice should not be forced down someone else's throat.

Which is why my school pisses me off. While we have a Christian's in action club, the principal won't allow a Gay and Straight alliance club, and several teachers threatened to give detentions on National Day of Silence to students who would not speak during their classes.

Honeydew Pudding

This is why I am going to marry a foreign person, hopefully a Canadian, and live there. So much simpler.

Glad someone agrees. At my college, there is a Muslim Awareness group, Christian Faith group, and a GSA. I feel like restricting clubs like GSA only breeds more ignorance. There's a lot of things I don't agree with, but I can't say no to them because I believe everyone should make a choice. Another example being legalization of marijuana. Though I've smoked weed as a high school senior, I think it's rather dumb now. But, I'm not going to say no for others. I feel like it'd be a great way to generate revenue for the government by taxing it, and it'd make room for "real criminals" in jail.

Noob

Star of my own show
Honeydew Pudding

I'd love to~ redface Name the place and the time xD

Whoa whoa, lol first how old are?

Shameless Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
Star of my own show
cIawnie

The thing with this though is, I know a lot of people on welfare. They actually got to work with me. They have jobs, aren't being lazy, but in our economy they can't get a better job, and they have no other way to support themselves on minimum wage. It's nearly impossible.

So in a sense, welfare is a double edged sword.

Well, there's cases like my family too.
My family is on welfare after my dad abandoned us with no notice. My mom is self-employed, but business is barely breaking even due to the economy. I'm a full time college student, studying a major that I need all my time for. It's not a choice like people say it is. Believe me, my mom didn't want to apply for a Link card, but we're not going to starve. She's working, I'm a student, and my sister is disabled.

Lonely Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
xallthatglitters

I don't understand why people get so uptight about things like that.

I've always been taught the number one rule is to "Love Thy Neighbor". What happened to that?

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Star of my own show
xallthatglitters

I don't understand why people get so uptight about things like that.

I've always been taught the number one rule is to "Love Thy Neighbor". What happened to that?
It went off to the crusades and was KIA.
Star of my own show
I'm unable to legally vote due to my age. But I have almost always taken an interest in politics and the state of our Country. Why more people don't. I'll never know, but that is not my concern.

While politics should not be discussed at the dinner table or in public places where people may get offended, I've found sparring with others about the choices to be relatively amusing, and a good way to get people involved.

To be honest, we don't have much of a choice this election.

As my friend and I love to put it, Romney is an idiot, plain and simple. but Obama hasn't shown much promise with getting us out of debt.

My fear though is this. If we allow Romney to become President, what exactly will become of us? Does anyone really and truly know? At least with Obama, we know what to expect. But Romney is a shot in the dark, and one I frankly wouldn't be willing to take if I could vote.

As my mom so bluntly puts it, "He doesn't stick to what he says" He retracts half his statements a day or two after saying them when he realizes he's offended some of his voters. So where does that leave us?

He shows no promise to uphold anything he says.

And, some of my main pet peeves are these:

1) He asked why you can't open a window on an airplane
2) He drove eight hours to Canada with his dog tied to the roof his car
3) He claims Russia is a major threat to the U.S.
4) He says if woman are 'truly' raped they can't get pregnant because her body releases a pheromone to keep it from happening.

And one girl pointed out, that we all ask/say stupid things.

My point is this, are we all running for President. Shouldn't the man we have to put our faith in to run our Country be held to higher standards. And should he not think about what he says before they come out of mouth? Should he also not speak unless he truly means what he says?

What are your thoughts on this matter?

The Rape statement was not Romney, it was Todd Akin. But hey, if you are going to play the game that way....

Obama said that if a PRIVATE CANADIAN COMPANY is sold to a Chinese Country, America should take measures to forbid the sale from going over.

Obama would have America meddling in the internal affairs of their neighbours where, quite frankly, it's none of their damned business.
Clarion Raze
Star of my own show

And also taking into consideration how most of the world can't stand him. The only two areas that support him (that I know of, this might have changed) are Pakistan and Israel--the rest are straight Obama. The president is basically the figurehead of our nation to other places, he or she is the one we have chosen to represent us. Can you imagine how the opinions of other nations about us would drop if we put a backwards thinking, religion-imposing, lying puppet up as our president? It would be depressing. );

Another logical fallacy that American Left Wingers have been making since that survey came out.

It states that the rest of the world PREFERS Obama.

However for some reason that goes through peoples heads and comes out "HURR! DEY ALL DUN TINK ROMNEY IS A DRIBBLING RETARD."

It's like saying "Surveys show that X People prefer Vanilla to Strawberry Ice Cream, well CLEARLY they think Strawberry Ice Cream tastes like s**t."

woah woah woah did he seriously say numbers 1 and 4?

i thought 1 was pretty funny but 4 was just down right sad (assuming he said it)
qface64x
woah woah woah did he seriously say numbers 1 and 4?

i thought 1 was pretty funny but 4 was just down right sad (assuming he said it)

He did not. That was Todd Akin. For some reason the American Lefties seem to feel he is liable for anything anybody who is a Republican does.

Thus I apply the same standard and say that Obama said that if a Canadian Private company is sold to a Chinese Company that America should step in and forbid the sale (which is tooootallly their right) because it is a threat to America.

Sparkly Citizen

Andy French
Clarion Raze
Star of my own show

Fine. Some places PREFER Obama to Romney. Some places, though, dislike him. I was using both of those facts in my statement, and drawing on the fact that, whether they think he is an idiot or not, they prefer Obama. Since they prefer Obama, if Romney was elected, their view on Americans would drop. Just like if I like Obama and you like Romney, my view of you is, naturally, going to drop. That amount of drop may vary, and can be fixed later on, but the drop will happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff