Welcome to Gaia! ::

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Pwn3r_F0x
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Unemployeement is currently a snapshot of who has been Unemployeed for about 2-3 years. Noone else counts. If you are looking for a job you do not count as unemployeed. If you answer a question along the lines of " Do you wish you had a job?" with the answer 'Yes" then you do not count..

Bureau of Labor Statistics

Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work. Actively looking for work may consist of any of the following activities:

Contacting:
An employer directly or having a job interview
A public or private employment agency
Friends or relatives
A school or university employment center
Sending out resumes or filling out applications
Placing or answering advertisements
Checking union or professional registers
Some other means of active job search
Passive methods of job search do not have the potential to result in a job offer and therefore do not qualify as active job search methods. Examples of passive methods include attending a job training program or course, or merely reading about job openings that are posted in newspapers or on the Internet.

Workers expecting to be recalled from temporary layoff are counted as unemployed, whether or not they have engaged in a specific jobseeking activity. In all other cases, the individual must have been engaged in at least one active job search activity in the 4 weeks preceding the interview and be available for work (except for temporary illness).

But they don't follow that for statistics.

You have to be unemployeed entirely for a certain amount of time. Then you were counted up until you were unemployeed a certain amount of time ( about 2 years). But this upper is after the lower set. The lower set up during Bush Jr's second term was much higher then 4 weeks. When you reach that point your counter for how long you have been unemployeed kicks in with the lable and it runs out when you reach a certain amount of time.

4 weeks is not the time frame used. The guidelines are much broader. By simply admitting you are looking for a job or using services to seek your employeement, you do not count. If you have certain combonations of things ( are getting money from another source, perhaps a spouse has died and that is proviging money ) yoou do not count.

The ceiling for how long after you begin counting as unemployeed you will containue to until the point ( ceiling) has been raised. It was timered to do so. Alot of things were timered to take effect after Bush jr left office that he had signed on.

Here is the new ceiling. But the timer doesn't start until a combo of things happen. You have to lack and exhaust everything. Also if your housing changes, it can make your timer reset ( alot of things are added as factors by states).

http://www.bls.gov/cps/duration.htm

Tipsy Streaker

Pwn3r_F0x
Smaul Tits
Pwn3r_F0x
Smaul Tits
Erm...I don't believe she is the first woman to run, I think she got the closest, but wasn't nominated.
If she runs in 2016 she would have a winning chance.
And Obama isn't the first black man to run for President either, he made it the furthest and got the nominee and was ultimately elected.

Victoria Woodhull in 1872 first woman to run for president.
Shirley Chisholm in 1972 first black to run for president. As a side note the first black to run for president was a female.
Don't quote me that info, quote thrashed up kids gonk

I was quoting you the further expand on what you said. Basically I was proving your claim. Trust me it is a compliment.
I know, but I wanted her to get the info since she didn't know emotion_8c

Distinct Informer

Sailor Tin Nyanko
Pwn3r_F0x
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Unemployeement is currently a snapshot of who has been Unemployeed for about 2-3 years. Noone else counts. If you are looking for a job you do not count as unemployeed. If you answer a question along the lines of " Do you wish you had a job?" with the answer 'Yes" then you do not count..

Bureau of Labor Statistics

Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work. Actively looking for work may consist of any of the following activities:

Contacting:
An employer directly or having a job interview
A public or private employment agency
Friends or relatives
A school or university employment center
Sending out resumes or filling out applications
Placing or answering advertisements
Checking union or professional registers
Some other means of active job search
Passive methods of job search do not have the potential to result in a job offer and therefore do not qualify as active job search methods. Examples of passive methods include attending a job training program or course, or merely reading about job openings that are posted in newspapers or on the Internet.

Workers expecting to be recalled from temporary layoff are counted as unemployed, whether or not they have engaged in a specific jobseeking activity. In all other cases, the individual must have been engaged in at least one active job search activity in the 4 weeks preceding the interview and be available for work (except for temporary illness).

But they don't follow that for statistics.

You have to be unemployeed entirely for a certain amount of time. Then you were counted up until you were unemployeed a certain amount of time ( about 2 years). But this upper is after the lower set. The lower set up during Bush Jr's second term was much higher then 4 weeks. When you reach that point your counter for how long you have been unemployeed kicks in with the lable and it runs out when you reach a certain amount of time.

4 weeks is not the time frame used. The guidelines are much broader. By simply admitting you are looking for a job or using services to seek your employeement, you do not count. If you have certain combonations of things ( are getting money from another source, perhaps a spouse has died and that is proviging money ) yoou do not count.

The ceiling for how long after you begin counting as unemployeed you will containue to until the point ( ceiling) has been raised. It was timered to do so. Alot of things were timered to take effect after Bush jr left office that he had signed on.

Here is the new ceiling. But the timer doesn't start until a combo of things happen. You have to lack and exhaust everything. Also if your housing changes, it can make your timer reset ( alot of things are added as factors by states).

http://www.bls.gov/cps/duration.htm

As I am not a an expert on statistics I am going to need help on this. Your enclosed website states they are extending it to count people who have been unemployed for 5 years. Simply to say before if you were unemployed for more than 2 years you are no longer considered unemployed. Now you can be considered unemployed for 5 years. However my claim came from the Bureau of Labor Statistics saying directly who they include in the unemployment. I really don't understand how they would calculate statistics differently than how they say they came up with the figure.

Distinct Informer

Thrashed Up Kicks
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks
Man I wasn't even there. gonk
You were in elementary school?...I was in JHS

Yeah. I wasn't even big on Obama vs. Mcain? Politics. I think it was mcain, along with Hilary. Or was Mcain the running vp for someone else?
Omg lol
McCain ran for pres in '08 with sarah palin as his vp pick.
Hilary ran, but Obama was the Democratic nominee

Yeah what a liter ey? lol
"Oh a black man's running? Then I should make this year interesting and run myself." - Hilary. rofl I mean, a woman for president is cool but it's so out of the blue no one would know what to think. A big change for the presidency and all. Nothing against it though.

Shirley Chisholm in 1972 first black to run for president. As a side note the first black to run for president was a female

Shirtless Reveler

2,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks

Yeah. I wasn't even big on Obama vs. Mcain? Politics. I think it was mcain, along with Hilary. Or was Mcain the running vp for someone else?
Omg lol

"Oh a black man's running? Then I should make this year interesting and run myself." - Hilary. rofl I mean, a woman for president is cool but it's so out of the blue no one would know what to think. A big change for the presidency and all. Nothing against it though.
Erm...I don't believe she is the first woman to run, I think she got the closest, but wasn't nominated.
If she runs in 2016 she would have a winning chance.
And Obama isn't the first black man to run for President either, he made it the furthest and got the nominee and was ultimately elected.

I see. surprised

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Imagine if Al Gore won and Bush didn't get a first term.
Imagine how it would feel to still have a surplus.

Dapper Darling

Divine_Malevolence

-sobs-

Questionable Borg

Pwn3r_F0x
Thrashed Up Kicks
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks
Smaul Tits
Thrashed Up Kicks

Omg lol

Shirley Chisholm in 1972 first black to run for president. As a side note the first black to run for president was a female
No offense, but what about it? I'm only asking because, neither of them won.

Distinct Informer

Mayor Gravity
Just some information of the first woman and first black to run for office. No point just raw informatioon

Questionable Borg

Pwn3r_F0x
Mayor Gravity
Just some information of the first woman and first black to run for office. No point just raw informatioon
Gotcha. That is cool, I knew about the first woman running, but not the first black woman running.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Divine_Malevolence

I am crying on the inside crying

You know that's something Romney and Ryan are randomly throwing out there and attacking. Solar, Wind, Electric Cars... During the debates they pulled things aimmed at those. But they are dressed up in names of companies and people's names instead of just saying " When we tried to support Electric Cars" and " When we bought some things so we can assemble and later build our own Wind Mills and Solar Panels". No, no,.. instead they used company names and names of people involved in those.
Divine_Malevolence

With GORE???? That is absolutely hilarious. Wouldn't have happened. You really need to get beyond this mindset that all dems magically equal Bill Clinton or the republican congress he worked with. Clinton was a rarity for either party, and we haven't got a candidate like him, or even close to him, recently.
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Divine_Malevolence

I am crying on the inside crying

You know that's something Romney and Ryan are randomly throwing out there and attacking. Solar, Wind, Electric Cars... During the debates they pulled things aimmed at those. But they are dressed up in names of companies and people's names instead of just saying " When we tried to support Electric Cars" and " When we bought some things so we can assemble and later build our own Wind Mills and Solar Panels". No, no,.. instead they used company names and names of people involved in those.

Because, thanks to the current administration, we have lost hundreds of millions in bad loans that were political favors to those companies, and they were known bad risks before hand.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Old Blue Collar Joe
Divine_Malevolence

With GORE???? That is absolutely hilarious. Wouldn't have happened. You really need to get beyond this mindset that all dems magically equal Bill Clinton or the republican congress he worked with. Clinton was a rarity for either party, and we haven't got a candidate like him, or even close to him, recently.
Yeah.
I wouldn't expect him to magically make it gigantic, but I don't think it's deniable that he wouldn't have done anywhere near the amount of damage Bush did.
Divine_Malevolence
Old Blue Collar Joe
Divine_Malevolence

Yeah.
I wouldn't expect him to magically make it gigantic, but I don't think it's deniable that he wouldn't have done anywhere near the amount of damage Bush did.

No proof nor evidence to support that either way. Gore wasn't even being supported by the Clinton's. It was pretty well known that Bill didn't like Gore and the feeling was mutual.
But your claim? No substantiation behind it at all. 911 changed a shitload of the 2000's.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff