Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gary Johnson- Libertarian

Someone that might actually represent you!
Gary Johnson Website to learn more!

Jill Stein- Green Party

Someone that might actually represent you!
Jill Stein Website to learn more!
Please by all means list other third party candidates!!!

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
It's a real shame that no one bothers voting for them.
Only Gray
It's more of a shame people ignore them and don't even look into what they say!

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
YahuShalum
Only Gray

It just...

It just won't a make a difference unless they get publicity. They aren't in the running.
Only Gray
YahuShalum
Only Gray

It just...

It just won't a make a difference unless they get publicity. They aren't in the running.
We're making a form of publicity now! Honestly I think we need a very strong thread for the third parties. They represent what people want more then anyone! I see people representing their politic rather then the politic representing them!

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
YahuShalum
Only Gray
YahuShalum
Only Gray

It just...

We're making a form of publicity now! Honestly I think we need a very strong thread for the third parties. They represent what people want more then anyone! I see people representing their politic rather then the politic representing them!

Yeah, starting small.

Get the information out to a few thousand Gaians.

Have them spread it.

I heard something about the third parties getting funding if they get 3% of the votes.

Probably not this election, but maybe eventually.

Moonlight Explorer

14,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Only Gray
YahuShalum
Only Gray
YahuShalum
Only Gray

It just...

Yeah, starting small.

Have them spread it.

I heard something about the third parties getting funding if they get 3% of the votes.

It's actually 5%
Inertial Mass
Only Gray
YahuShalum
Only Gray
YahuShalum
Only Gray

It just...

Yeah, starting small.

Have them spread it.

It's actually 5%
I'm sure the Ron Paul supporters will move towards Gary Johnson. But I think it may be too late in the game now...

Hopeful Bookworm

I wish in general that we had more parties, smaller and better organized parties with a clear message.
ll Amitiel ll
I wish in general that we had more parties, smaller and better organized parties with a clear message.
I do too!

Hopeful Bookworm

YahuShalum
ll Amitiel ll
I do too!

Thank you for tipping me ^^
ll Amitiel ll
YahuShalum
ll Amitiel ll
I do too!

Thank you for tipping me ^^
It was just a gesture I appreciate what you're saying haha. It's not a bribe!!! Those are ILLEGAL!!! wink

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
This guy who is speaking reminds me of two Presidents we had in the past.

Peanut farmer Jimmy carter and Mr Clinton.

Clinton took and used the "line item veto" idea for the two weeks that he had it. Congress took that away from him saying that the President should never be allowed to have that much power.
I had to bring that up.

Also, while I may agree on some things the Libertarians offer, there are some that I abhorrently disagree with. One of the things of concern are women's rights. Those very things women of my Mother's and Grandmother's generations worked hard for just to get out of the kitchen and into collage and the workforce among other issues. And for women's rights that had been fought for since. Having had a "conversation" (for lack of a better word) with my Land Lord who is a Libertarian about this, I shy away.

There are some other things too that concern me here.

Also, of ALL of the parties and candidates, I have not heard about certain concerns about government spending. Not before or since Clinton was in office when he tried to "clean house". The issue of how much money our Senators and Representatives are spending.
Each are entitled to military haircuts. In Clinton's time, this costed $200 a person. Instead of taking that up, they were all going to salons to get their hair done at a cost of $2000. You can see the difference once you do the math.
Well, they are still at it. You should see what it costs us in rental cars per day. It's in the 1000's.

The politicians all love to talk about entitlements. Many of which the American people EARNED during their lifetime while in the workforce and expect to benefit from that during their retirements years. But what they don't tell us American people is how much our money they spend on themselves while in office because they consider it "their entitlements". As far as I am concerned they are entitled to the paychecks we give them, some level of protection to safe guard their lives while in office, military haircuts they are entitled to, meals at a reasonable cost (I don't even know what it costs us to feed these people. But I do know Obama is not beyond having a burger at a small business every so often), reasonable medical care... that's pretty much it for the most part. Think of all the money we could have for our infrastructure just to start.

Sorry. But I will remain Independent.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
YahuShalum
ll Amitiel ll
I do too!

I second that!

Dangerous Lunatic

As much as I would like to see a Third Party in the running, I honestly doubt we'll ever see one. The media and corporate fatcats won't allow that.
"WHAT!? Fairness and equality amongst everyone? ******** that!" *enter lobbyists*

As much as I hate to admit it - we need an overhaul. Something like this:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces