Welcome to Gaia! ::

Das Rabble Rouser
Viral Protocol
Aside from the fact that hes done jack all to restrict gun ownership you have to face that after a certain point IE owning military grade weapons goes past having them for home defense or hunting and is just a bit ridiculous

and I say this as a man who spent plenty of weekends learning to shoot and hunt from his grandfather and enjoyed every minute of it
Depends on what you are defending your home against. Thugs and animals can be dealt with with a pump action, but a corrupt government is more efficiently held at bay with semi automatic rifles.

200 oglala lakota defended against the us government at wounded knee in the 70s with just hunting rifles and shotguns
Just throwing that out there

Invisible Phantom

Viral Protocol
Das Rabble Rouser
Viral Protocol
Aside from the fact that hes done jack all to restrict gun ownership you have to face that after a certain point IE owning military grade weapons goes past having them for home defense or hunting and is just a bit ridiculous

and I say this as a man who spent plenty of weekends learning to shoot and hunt from his grandfather and enjoyed every minute of it
Depends on what you are defending your home against. Thugs and animals can be dealt with with a pump action, but a corrupt government is more efficiently held at bay with semi automatic rifles.

200 oglala lakota defended against the us government at wounded kneed in the 70s with just hunting rifles and shotguns
I'm not saying they won't work at all. I'm saying it's less effective.
Das Rabble Rouser
Viral Protocol
Das Rabble Rouser
Viral Protocol

200 oglala lakota defended against the us government at wounded kneed in the 70s with just hunting rifles and shotguns

I suppose
either way though the ones so worried about gun control tend to be affiliated with parties that I think would be more likely to be the ones sending jack booted thugs to kick down peoples doors and drag them off to reeducation camps

Invisible Phantom

Viral Protocol
Das Rabble Rouser
Viral Protocol
Das Rabble Rouser
Viral Protocol

I suppose
either way though the ones so worried about gun control tend to be affiliated with parties that I think would be more likely to be the ones sending jack booted thugs to kick down peoples doors and drag them off to reeducation camps
There's a lot of extremists on both sides I would expect to do that. As the saying goes 1984 was meant to be a warning rather than an instruction manual.
Das Rabble Rouser
Viral Protocol
Das Rabble Rouser
Viral Protocol
Das Rabble Rouser
Viral Protocol

I suppose
There's a lot of extremists on both sides I would expect to do that. As the saying goes 1984 was meant to be a warning rather than an instruction manual.

Indeed

Sparkly Nerd

9,700 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Pie Pusher 50
The second amendment clearly stated "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed."

Those that think civilians shouldn't have military grade weapons have likely never lived in or been to an area where war or violence is present daily and they should be very thankful that they haven't YET.

I'm much happier knowing that the majority of people with guns are sane and using them for protection or food or both and are legal to own them.

I like the idea that walking into my grocery store there may be one or more people carrying a weapon. Odds are if one bad guy comes into the store to rob it or shoot it up, there is a possible one or more good guys in there that can take out the bad guy quickly and efficiently. Levels the playing field a bit in my opinion. Makes criminal people think twice before they do something terrible. Or at least it should make them think twice.

Frankly, banning these weapons won't make them disappear anyway. Did banning heroin or other drugs make them disappear? Nope. Last I checked people all over still have addictions to banned substances. Knives kill people too...should we take away the kitchen cutlery too?

What's scary? The idea that the ban passes. If civilians don't have military grade weapons what prevents any other country from overtaking this one? Seriously. That may be a large part of why the US hasn't been war torn. Does anyone really want to test that theory out? I sure don't. I have military neighbors, and I'm hoping that if this country was ever invaded that way again that those military boys would have a few none military neighbors helping them out as well but a ban would pretty much make that impossible.

A big THANK YOU to all those who own your guns legally, practice safety, and are actively defending our right to defend ourselves with whatever form one feels suits the individual best.

Side note: Does the ban say who I can sue when I get hurt after they take away my right to protect myself?
Sapphire Sunday
The second amendment clearly stated "the right to bear arms shall not be infringed."

Those that think civilians shouldn't have military grade weapons have likely never lived in or been to an area where war or violence is present daily and they should be very thankful that they haven't YET.

I'm much happier knowing that the majority of people with guns are sane and using them for protection or food or both and are legal to own them.

I like the idea that walking into my grocery store there may be one or more people carrying a weapon. Odds are if one bad guy comes into the store to rob it or shoot it up, there is a possible one or more good guys in there that can take out the bad guy quickly and efficiently. Levels the playing field a bit in my opinion. Makes criminal people think twice before they do something terrible. Or at least it should make them think twice.

Frankly, banning these weapons won't make them disappear anyway. Did banning heroin or other drugs make them disappear? Nope. Last I checked people all over still have addictions to banned substances.

What's scary? The idea that the ban passes. If civilians don't have military grade weapons what prevents any other country from overtaking this one? Seriously. That may be a large part of why the US hasn't been war torn. Does anyone really want to test that theory out? I sure don't. I have military neighbors, and I'm hoping that if this country was ever invaded that way again that those military boys would have a few none military neighbors helping them out as well but a ban would pretty much make that impossible.

A big THANK YOU to all those who own your guns legally, practice safety, and are actively defending our right to defend ourselves.

Side note: Does the ban say who I can sue when I get hurt after they take away my right to protect myself?

There is no ban
We have an army so the civilians dont need to be the ones fighting a hypothetical invading force, hell its one of the largest militarys in the world if you are so concerned that we will be invaded then go volunteer and enlist
As for concealed carry licenses its true that there are people out there just waiting for something to happen so they can play vigilante hero, but its also true a lot of them arent as well trained as police officers
And we can even apply this thinking to the real world, Im sure you remember what happened with the guy shooting up a movie theater when dark knight rises came out
Lets say there were several people in the theater with concealed weapons, could they possibly have neutralized the shooter, yes, but they could have been equally likely to hit innocent people, it is a darkened theater after all with tear gas in the air

Besides what down side is there really to having to prove you are a responsible capable individual before you own a fire arm legally

Magical Astronomer

13,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hero 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
I'm a Conservative, Christian, Texan, Education loving girl. I was raised to do what's logical, ethical, moral and just plain right. And if the 2nd Amendment gets taken away from us, then we'll be nothin' but no good, idiotic pussies! There's 4 people and a cat in my house, and we have about 6 or 7 guns (not including the BB gun!). Long live the 2nd Amendment!

Invisible Phantom

Viral Protocol

And we can even apply this thinking to the real world, Im sure you remember what happened with the guy shooting up a movie theater when dark knight rises came out

Let's for a quick minute say the "scary assault rifle" was banned, Holmes wasn't able to get his hands on it. Could he have still killed people?

Charcoal can be obtained by burning wood. Sulfur can be purchased online and I'm sure can be purchased in local stores too. Saltpeter can be made with straw and urine. With the proper know how he could have made black powder. Ball bearings and large PVC pipe can be purchased from any hardware store and Cannon fuse can be purchased online.

With all that stuff he could have made a bunch of pipe bombs. My point here is that someone determined enough to kill a crowd will find a way.

Quote:
Lets say there were several people in the theater with concealed weapons, could they possibly have neutralized the shooter, yes, but they could have been equally likely to hit innocent people, it is a darkened theater after all with tear gas in the air

That is a fair enough point. Generally a concealed permit isn't given out like fishing licenses. You have to prove you are competent with guns to get a permit. Being competent with a gun isn't just being a good shot, but knowing to choose your shots. A competent shooter knows not to shoot in a dark room full of smoke if they don't have a clear view of the target.

Quote:
Besides what down side is there really to having to prove you are a responsible capable individual before you own a fire arm legally
In theory there's nothing wrong with having to prove you are responsible enough to own a gun. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but I don't trust the government enough for them to decide who is or is not responsible enough. It's an easy way to disarm the population to just say nobody is qualified. If there was a way to ensure the system doesn't get abused I would be all for it.
You raise some fair points Das but just as you have misgivings about the government I have misgivings about certain peoples competence and why they would need several assault rifles about the house

And Id just like to mention again that I am saying as a man who finds firearm use at a target range to be a fun way to spend an afternoon but at a certain point as a civilian enough is enough when it comes to what firearms I should be able to own

Manly Lunatic

Propaganda and lies...

Romney and his supporters seem to have that in common.
Exactly. This is why I look at the stupid Obama supportser in my school that hunt almost every weekend. I never brought it up but i always thought to myself "Do you know ANYTHINg about Obama, his plans or what he wants to do." and I know they don't. They never could give his plan at all. Everyone just said random "bad" things about Romney.
Smh. I know the kids in my school voted for him cause hes black. Its obvious. They even said they had NO problem with Romney.. Then why would they Vote for Obama? They just want somone their own color to lead. I find that hghly stupid and a bit dangerous.

Manly Lunatic

_InvisibleSwaqqer_
Exactly. This is why I look at the stupid Obama supportser in my school that hunt almost every weekend. I never brought it up but i always thought to myself "Do you know ANYTHINg about Obama, his plans or what he wants to do." and I know they don't. They never could give his plan at all. Everyone just said random "bad" things about Romney.
Smh. I know the kids in my school voted for him cause hes black. Its obvious. They even said they had NO problem with Romney.. Then why would they Vote for Obama? They just want somone their own color to lead. I find that hghly stupid and a bit dangerous.

Dangerous you say? Why Obama won. Because Democrats have a brain. Romney would have destroyed America.

As people have said, the OP is just lying through her teeth... Obama isn't taking away rights, he actually gave some more during his first term.

He is just knocking down HARD on those who are bearing arms ILLEGALLY, without licenses. That is what he is doing.
i think were going to need em to hunt obama is runninf this crountry in the ground

Manly Lunatic

royal3n
i think were going to need em to hunt obama is runninf this crountry in the ground

He is only targeting those who bear arms illegally. He isn't doing anything to those who are law-abiding and hold the proper permits and licenses for the arms they bear.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff