Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rinon's Wife

Blessed Citizen

10,125 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Hello there, thanks for coming to by topic.

In almost all of my teacher's rooms, they have inspirational posters strung up on the walls.
Most of the time I disregard them, or read them once and store the information away in my brain's filing cabinet.
Like the rest, a few weeks ago, one poster in my math classroom never really stood out to me.
But this past coming week has made that certain poster drive me into deep thought sessions.

It reads, 'If you don't stand for something, you shall fall for anything.'

Me still being a youth, I might not get the true meaning of this quote.
But it has lately been drilling itself into my mind.

This past election, I did not choose sides. I thought both of the candidates were unpleasant, and their supporters were even more so. Except, more ignorant. So, with all the debating going around me, I decided not to take sides.

Half of my family were for Obama, the other half, Romney. So you can guess how that'd be like at a family reunion.

People always say the youth of America are the future of America.
Is it wrong for me not to take sides?
If the youth of America are sitting on the fence, will it affect our future? Or will it lead to a calmer environment?

Please express your opinion. And also, please do not tell me your opinion, and then try to promote a candidate. I'm serious about this and I really want to know.
I didn't like the bs either so I voted for Gary Johnson. Someone I actually agreed with on many stances.

Romantic Mage

16,725 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
^^'

If we keep following the path.
We're heading, never get off track.
It will, people will continue to fight among each other.
People need more choices.
Why I voted for Gary Johnson to get off that track.

Devoted Flatterer

8,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Melodies From Heaven
Hello there, thanks for coming to by topic.

In almost all of my teacher's rooms, they have inspirational posters strung up on the walls.
Most of the time I disregard them, or read them once and store the information away in my brain's filing cabinet.
Like the rest, a few weeks ago, one poster in my math classroom never really stood out to me.
But this past coming week has made that certain poster drive me into deep thought sessions.

It reads, 'If you don't stand for something, you shall fall for anything.'

Me still being a youth, I might not get the true meaning of this quote.
But it has lately been drilling itself into my mind.

This past election, I did not choose sides. I thought both of the candidates were unpleasant, and their supporters were even more so. Except, more ignorant. So, with all the debating going around me, I decided not to take sides.

Half of my family were for Obama, the other half, Romney. So you can guess how that'd be like at a family reunion.

People always say the youth of America are the future of America.
Is it wrong for me not to take sides?
If the youth of America are sitting on the fence, will it affect our future? Or will it lead to a calmer environment?

Please express your opinion. And also, please do not tell me your opinion, and then try to promote a candidate. I'm serious about this and I really want to know.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magical Astronomer

13,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hero 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
My family and I supported Romney..... Because we think he was the lesser of 2 evils.... Go ahead and guess how bad it was when I found out that not only did Obama win, but 1 of my best friends and 1 of my exes wanted him to have a second term.... It wasn't pretty...... It was comforting to hear the guy I like and his friends talk in Astronomy about how they didn't like Romney and really don't like Obama, but went with Romney because they saw him as the lesser of 2 evils as well....... My friends, family, classmates, teachers and I blame the Electoral College.....
Its not just about "picking a side" doing that alone will lump you together with all the other "I was just picking a lesser of two evils" people and in the long run nothing about the system will change and many people will be unhappy

Politically when you take a stand ideally you should be choosing a candidate that has the same stance on issues that you do and will hopefully follow through with them and if that means you identify with a third party candidate I say vote for them, if everyone did that then there would be any of this two evil parties complaining that runs rampant

Manly Lunatic

There is nothing wrong with not taking sides...

Though, it is true you should something, instead of nothing. Like some people voted third party.
If you can't find anything to agree with, then yes, not taking a stand is smart. I would rather do that than to just side with someone I only half agree with. But it also doesn't mean you should stop looking.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff