Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Voter

Divine_Malevolence
ChemicalDistress

You appear as quite fearsome... I'm glad we share similar views.
I assume that to mean you retain loyalty to the great Don Kuro.

I'm glad we share similar views. I'm glad we share some similar views.
Divine_Malevolence
Elinnia
Divine_Malevolence
Elinnia
Start a thread asking why people vote for Romney.
A few conservatives answer.
Obama supporters enter thread and spew hate, ignorance, and lies, and start calling Republicans names.
Stay classy, Obama voters.
Rebuttal

When asking for one good opinion, sometimes you try to pull something workable out of one that doesn't have the word good before it.
Reasons like fix the economy when it's recovering slowly and steadily, accusations that Obama tripled the debt which is a blatant lie, and because a teacher that Obama has no control over is a douche are not good reasons.

And a different potential reason is for rhetorical reasons. It's pretty much an across the board fact that people who seem to want Romney only want it because he isn't Obama. And that doesn't make much sense because it's pretty obvious that Romney's quite a bit worse than Obama in most ways.

I want Romney because he is the best person for the job. It's not even about what I don't like about what Obama has done and what his positions are. Obama is way worse than Romney.
And that would be a great reason if it were true.
But Mitt Romney would be terrible for the job. He wantonly insults foreign nations, can't maintain a solid stance on anything, lies in an official debate, and that's only before you take into account what an a*****e he was before all of that.
I mean, I most certainly don't believe that a man who took over companies, bankrupted them, and then ridded of them for a profit is a fit leader.

I really can't fathom how you believe this man is even fit to be president in the first place. I really must wonder how absolutely delusional you would have to be to even consider the possibility that Obama is worse than Romney. I really don't.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry....BUT WHAT UNIVERSE DO YOU LIVE IN?

Last I checked, Romney's tenure at Bain was more successful at saving businesses with his own private capitol. Unlike Barry who tried to fund/start up green energy companies on the taxpayer dollar (ALL of which failed by the way).

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
--Sky Kid Tai--
Divine_Malevolence
Elinnia
Divine_Malevolence
Elinnia
Obama supporters enter thread and spew hate, ignorance, and lies, and start calling Republicans names.
Rebuttal

When asking for one good opinion, sometimes you try to pull something workable out of one that doesn't have the word good before it.
Reasons like fix the economy when it's recovering slowly and steadily, accusations that Obama tripled the debt which is a blatant lie, and because a teacher that Obama has no control over is a douche are not good reasons.

And a different potential reason is for rhetorical reasons. It's pretty much an across the board fact that people who seem to want Romney only want it because he isn't Obama. And that doesn't make much sense because it's pretty obvious that Romney's quite a bit worse than Obama in most ways.

I want Romney because he is the best person for the job. It's not even about what I don't like about what Obama has done and what his positions are. Obama is way worse than Romney.
But Mitt Romney would be terrible for the job. He wantonly insults foreign nations, can't maintain a solid stance on anything, lies in an official debate, and that's only before you take into account what an a*****e he was before all of that.
I mean, I most certainly don't believe that a man who took over companies, bankrupted them, and then ridded of them for a profit is a fit leader.

I really can't fathom how you believe this man is even fit to be president in the first place. I really must wonder how absolutely delusional you would have to be to even consider the possibility that Obama is worse than Romney. I really don't.

Last I checked, Romney's tenure at Bain was more successful at saving businesses with his own private capitol. Unlike Barry who tried to fund/start up green energy companies on the taxpayer dollar (ALL of which failed by the way).
You see, you're going to need to provide something speaking on your behalf.

And, you know, "Saving business with his own private capitol".
Do you believe that Romney has enough money to do that with America? Think he's going to solve all of the problems that you for some reason don't think are already being solved by paying for it himself or something?
Divine_Malevolence
--Sky Kid Tai--
Divine_Malevolence
Elinnia
Divine_Malevolence
Elinnia
Rebuttal

Do you believe that Romney has enough money to do that with America? Think he's going to solve all of the problems that you for some reason don't think are already being solved by paying for it himself or something?

Stop drinking Kool-aid and switch to plain old water

People seem to believe the flat lie that while at Bain, Roms was involved in hostile take-overs of small and failing businesses for his own gains, when that wasn't the point of Bain at all. Yes, their prime directive is to make money (duh, that's what a business is for). The way they did that was investing in smaller companies that were either start-ups, or heading for bankruptcy, restructuring them to work more efficiently, and turning them into a growing business. Of course not all businesses succeeded, but that's the nature of the beast. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

Meanwhile, on our tax dollar Barry and his regime invests into green energy companies via the stimulus bill (also funded by the taxpayers).

And of course Roms doesn't have the money to solve ALL the problems of America. No one ever does. But I'm willing to put my money in that he can solve a lot of the nations problems far better than Barry can.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150

" Information and perspectives from a conservative viewpoint"

Answers a good many questions. So, any non-partisan viewpoints?

I can say the same for you. "Grassroots news and Progressive views" You tell your side of the story, I tell mine.

Liberal Voter

--Sky Kid Tai--
Divine_Malevolence
--Sky Kid Tai--
Divine_Malevolence
Elinnia

Stop drinking Kool-aid and switch to plain old water

People seem to believe the flat lie that while at Bain, Roms was involved in hostile take-overs of small and failing businesses for his own gains, when that wasn't the point of Bain at all. Yes, their prime directive is to make money (duh, that's what a business is for). The way they did that was investing in smaller companies that were either start-ups, or heading for bankruptcy, restructuring them to work more efficiently, and turning them into a growing business. Of course not all businesses succeeded, but that's the nature of the beast. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

Meanwhile, on our tax dollar Barry and his regime invests into green energy companies via the stimulus bill (also funded by the taxpayers).

And of course Roms doesn't have the money to solve ALL the problems of America. No one ever does. But I'm willing to put my money in that he can solve a lot of the nations problems far better than Barry can.

What about the $200 million Romney was loaned to jump-start Bain and Company? It was not a self-made bailout, it was done by the government through Romney.
ChemicalDistress
What about the $200 million Romney was loaned to jump-start Bain and Company? It was not a self-made bailout, it was done by the government through Romney.

And it turned into a successful business venture, so much so that it was able to pay that money back. Again, unlike those green energy companies that Barry regime has invested in.

Liberal Voter

--Sky Kid Tai--
ChemicalDistress

And it turned into a successful business venture, so much so that it was able to pay that money back.

Like I said, not because of Romney, because of the loan. Romney came in like a hungry dog, tossing around money that wasn't his and--guess what?--the business thrived. Anyone could have done that; all that was needed was the loan.

About Bain Capital, it was rated as having no value at all and was going broke when Romney went to the government for a $30 million bailout. After taking the money, he never paid it back. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...
ChemicalDistress
--Sky Kid Tai--
ChemicalDistress

And it turned into a successful business venture, so much so that it was able to pay that money back.

Like I said, not because of Romney, because of the loan. Romney came in like a hungry dog, tossing around money that wasn't his and--guess what?--the business thrived. Anyone could have done that; all that was needed was the loan.

About Bain Capital, it was rated as having no value at all and was going broke when Romney went to the government for a $30 million bailout. After taking the money, he never paid it back. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Oh, you mean this "bailout"?

And allow me clarify something: Bain and Company isn't the same company as Bain Capital.
ChemicalDistress
--Sky Kid Tai--
ChemicalDistress

You're kidding, right? D'Ohbama gave Solyndra 500 million. They STILL went straight to hell. It's not a matter of 'money fixes everything'. It's a matter of knowing what to do with it.
As for the Bain comments, I see lots of speculations on that, and a lot of the infamous unnamed sources. Even from things in the mid eighties, which I read as 'I heard this online so I will claim that as a my reliable, unnamed source'.

Liberal Voter

--Sky Kid Tai--
ChemicalDistress
--Sky Kid Tai--
ChemicalDistress

Oh, you mean this "bailout"?

And allow me clarify something: Bain and Company isn't the same company as Bain Capital.

Yes, that exact one. Read between the lines, it proves my point.

By the way, I know the difference. Both were kept from crashing by bailouts only. It was only a matter of money, not about direction. That does not make a strong businessman, that makes an opportunist. You're confused between the two.

Liberal Voter

Old Blue Collar Joe
ChemicalDistress
--Sky Kid Tai--
ChemicalDistress

You're kidding, right? D'Ohbama gave Solyndra 500 million. They STILL went straight to hell. It's not a matter of 'money fixes everything'. It's a matter of knowing what to do with it.
As for the Bain comments, I see lots of speculations on that, and a lot of the infamous unnamed sources. Even from things in the mid eighties, which I read as 'I heard this online so I will claim that as a my reliable, unnamed source'.

I never mentioned Obama and his "bailouts," your post is completely irrelevant. I was regarding Romney and his bailouts purely. Though, I agree with your stance about the failed green energy investments. My opinion will never change about that.
ChemicalDistress
Old Blue Collar Joe
ChemicalDistress
--Sky Kid Tai--
ChemicalDistress

I never mentioned Obama and his "bailouts," your post is completely irrelevant. I was regarding Romney and his bailouts purely. Though, I agree with your stance about the failed green energy investments. My opinion will never change about that.

The bailouts on Romney (Again, cannot find hard, reliable evidence of the amount or who) were actually bail outs that worked. Unlike GM, which is still going to go toes up in a few more years.

Liberal Voter

Old Blue Collar Joe
ChemicalDistress
Old Blue Collar Joe
ChemicalDistress
--Sky Kid Tai--
ChemicalDistress

The bailouts on Romney (Again, cannot find hard, reliable evidence of the amount or who) were actually bail outs that worked. Unlike GM, which is still going to go toes up in a few more years.

You're rationalizing. Romney's bailouts saved Bain Capital and Bain & Company because they needed a jump-start that Romney provided them with. There was no direction, only a well-supplied opportunity.

Obama's bailout for the auto industry was not to introduce an influx of cash, it was to keep the auto industry from utterly failing. You're comparing two completely different aspects.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff