Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Friend

can i choose the random(joke) candidate vote?o: cause i wanna vote for business the cat as president cat_sweatdrop

User Image
IzarArgi
Verne the Vaudevillian
IzarArgi
Verne the Vaudevillian

Fair enough I suppose, though I am a little surprised the Finns would be giving you trouble over being an American. I went there myself last year and I received absolutely no flak from anyone there for being a citizen of the U.S. The same was true of Norway and Sweden, as well. But, the surprise is only minimal. Seems like people from any country like to act as if any one person from some other country that did something dumb must somehow be the one at fault.

That said, can you honestly say that Romney will bring you the results you desire? His economic policies aren't exactly tailor made for the creation of new jobs, and for that matter, neither were McCain's. The deregulation plans that Romney wants to enact are plans that have been put into practice in outside countries. Given that you're an international student, I'm sure you'll appreciate this statistic:

Ireland's economic policies all but mirror Romney's. Now, while there are always additional factors that come into play with any economy (i.e. local industry), a direct correlation has been found between the practices that Ireland chose to utilize and the effect it had on their economy. The practices were:
-Deregulation of government and corporate spending.
-The elimination of hundreds upon hundreds of government funded jobs, including teaching positions, fire response, and public safety (police).
-The elimination of thousands of private sector jobs by sending industry out of the nation.
And what were the results?
-14% nationwide unemployment rates.
-30% nationwide youth unemployment rates.
-0% economic growth.
-The deepest economic recess they've felt since the Great Depression.
-An estimated minimum economic recovery time of 22 years for property values alone, which is currently the longest recovery time of any 1st World European country.

This, coupled with the fact that the Bush economic plan was not that dissimilar from Romney's, tells me that electing him would simply be a repetition of a history we already know to be bad. Of course, that doesn't mean that Obama is a better choice by leaps and bounds, because he's not. He's got decent ideas, but he can't enact them for s**t, not to mention the fact that he doesn't put nearly enough effort into fighting Congress to get s**t done right. But I, personally, see a brighter glimmer of potential with him than I do Romney. Not enough to get me to vote for him, though.

I was quite fond of the way that Bush ran th country and his economic plan. I'm currently registered as an independant, but am not fond of any of the independant people running either. *sigh* It just seem to be the lesser of two evils to vote for Romney in the situations that my family and I have been in.

Actually, I'm surprised Romney is even on your ballot as an independent voter. I'm registered independent also but the Republicans apparently opted out of being on the independent ballots in my region. But like I said, I don't see good reasons to vote for either of them, so I'm going to bite the proverbial bullet and vote independent this time around.

Fair enough. Glad to see that I'm not the only regestered independant. They're pretty rare in where I'm from.

I'm not registered in any direction. And let me clarify one point. I'm not voting for Romney, I'm voting against Obama.

Valerth's Princess

OMFG Babes

15,000 Points
  • The Temptations 500
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
No. Just stop right there..
Bush did not bring this economy down!!
If people would just do a little bit of research you'd know that it was in fact bill Clinton that ruined America!! Ever since he made it legal for huge businesses to move work/business over seas.. Millions of jobs were lost as a result and then it just got worse from there! & Obama just made everything worse!
Romney just wants this country to be what it once was.. GREAT!!!

7,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
iSlinkz
Haha Im not even American n why am i here??

Because in the back of your mind, under the root of your subconscious you know should the US ever get a crazy/extremist president everyone on the "global" might be involved? ;0 Who knows.
playing with fire013
If you look at the actual politics, Obama would continue to drive the national debt up in a cyclical raising of the debt ceiling, while Romney would spend less, by cutting financial aid, public works programs, remodel medicare into god knows what.

In my opinion this is a rare case where voting for Cthulu is the lesser evil.

historically speaking republicans never spend less
Magnifique_un
If people would just do a little bit of research you'd know that it was in fact bill Clinton that ruined America!! Ever since he made it legal for huge businesses to move work/business over seas.. Millions of jobs were lost as a result and then it just got worse from there! & Obama just made everything worse!

you sound further off the deep end than most
congrats

Sparkly Gem

11,475 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Friendly Flashback 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
I'm not registered in any direction. And let me clarify one point. I'm not voting for Romney, I'm voting against Obama.

That's sort of how I feel on the whole thing.

Valerth's Princess

OMFG Babes

15,000 Points
  • The Temptations 500
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
bacon is revolting
Magnifique_un

you sound further off the deep end than most
congrats

Wtf?

Blessed Husband

8,825 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Bitches please, vote for ponies.
Bush started it all because of his dad. Clinton tried to clean it up.

Questionable Borg

Old Blue Collar Joe
IzarArgi
Verne the Vaudevillian
IzarArgi
Verne the Vaudevillian

Fair enough I suppose, though I am a little surprised the Finns would be giving you trouble over being an American. I went there myself last year and I received absolutely no flak from anyone there for being a citizen of the U.S. The same was true of Norway and Sweden, as well. But, the surprise is only minimal. Seems like people from any country like to act as if any one person from some other country that did something dumb must somehow be the one at fault.

That said, can you honestly say that Romney will bring you the results you desire? His economic policies aren't exactly tailor made for the creation of new jobs, and for that matter, neither were McCain's. The deregulation plans that Romney wants to enact are plans that have been put into practice in outside countries. Given that you're an international student, I'm sure you'll appreciate this statistic:

Ireland's economic policies all but mirror Romney's. Now, while there are always additional factors that come into play with any economy (i.e. local industry), a direct correlation has been found between the practices that Ireland chose to utilize and the effect it had on their economy. The practices were:
-Deregulation of government and corporate spending.
-The elimination of hundreds upon hundreds of government funded jobs, including teaching positions, fire response, and public safety (police).
-The elimination of thousands of private sector jobs by sending industry out of the nation.
And what were the results?
-14% nationwide unemployment rates.
-30% nationwide youth unemployment rates.
-0% economic growth.
-The deepest economic recess they've felt since the Great Depression.
-An estimated minimum economic recovery time of 22 years for property values alone, which is currently the longest recovery time of any 1st World European country.

This, coupled with the fact that the Bush economic plan was not that dissimilar from Romney's, tells me that electing him would simply be a repetition of a history we already know to be bad. Of course, that doesn't mean that Obama is a better choice by leaps and bounds, because he's not. He's got decent ideas, but he can't enact them for s**t, not to mention the fact that he doesn't put nearly enough effort into fighting Congress to get s**t done right. But I, personally, see a brighter glimmer of potential with him than I do Romney. Not enough to get me to vote for him, though.

I was quite fond of the way that Bush ran th country and his economic plan. I'm currently registered as an independant, but am not fond of any of the independant people running either. *sigh* It just seem to be the lesser of two evils to vote for Romney in the situations that my family and I have been in.

Actually, I'm surprised Romney is even on your ballot as an independent voter. I'm registered independent also but the Republicans apparently opted out of being on the independent ballots in my region. But like I said, I don't see good reasons to vote for either of them, so I'm going to bite the proverbial bullet and vote independent this time around.

Fair enough. Glad to see that I'm not the only regestered independant. They're pretty rare in where I'm from.

Unless you're voting for a third party, voting against Obama, by deduction, would be voting for Romney. Doesn't matter how you phrase it.

Mega Fatcat

cajunvoodoo
Neither. Gary Johnson is getting my vote.

Who is this Gary Johnson?
neutral

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
kittykonataizumi
can i choose the random(joke) candidate vote?o: cause i wanna vote for business the cat as president cat_sweatdrop

User Image

Very funny. Brings up that website somebody asked me about earlier this week. I found the site. If you want it, I will either post it or send through pms upon request. I was just there this morning to "vote". I sided with the cats. cat_4laugh

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Skyy White
cajunvoodoo

neutral

Libertarian candidate for President. The Independent Party also has a candidate for Presidency.

Mega Fatcat

Nyadriel
Skyy White
cajunvoodoo

neutral

Libertarian candidate for President. The Independent Party also has a candidate for Presidency.

Oooh.
I must google him. >>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas