Welcome to Gaia! ::

Manly Lunatic

Viral Protocol
Qyp
Viral Protocol
zweet_dreamz
I see two sides in this story.
One one hand, if it is so, the Romney is a grade-A a*****e, who deserves less respect from his supporters.
On the other hand: who the hell leaves their state/county/town/whatever else you have right there without a single penny in their pocket?
Unless these people signed a contract stating that Romney will pay for any costs made, these people should have kept some money hidden to pay for taxi or bus fare home.
So yes, both were stupid and in the wrong

Sounds like they were expecting to government to just give them money and pay for every little thing
Ironic isnt it

They were working for Romney... and then he just cuts them when he looses... and it seems, without notice.

Isn't being a campaign supporter like an actual job, or is it a volunteer thing, where there is no actual contract, and the boss can just tell you to get lost anytime without any department of labour (or what ever you call it) coming down on his or her a**.

There are some paid positions but a lot of it is volunteer work with the unofficial understanding that you will be compensated in someway for your time, in this case it was with credit cards given to various supporters

Something else I find a bit humorous about this situation is that it seems cancelling those credit cards took priority over writing is concession speech though I might be a bit fuzzy on the exact timeline for the night

Probably... he obviously has no heart... and those who voted for him, especially those thinking he would up employment, have no brains.
Qyp
Viral Protocol
Qyp
Viral Protocol
zweet_dreamz
One one hand, if it is so, the Romney is a grade-A a*****e, who deserves less respect from his supporters.
On the other hand: who the hell leaves their state/county/town/whatever else you have right there without a single penny in their pocket?
Unless these people signed a contract stating that Romney will pay for any costs made, these people should have kept some money hidden to pay for taxi or bus fare home.

Sounds like they were expecting to government to just give them money and pay for every little thing
Ironic isnt it

They were working for Romney... and then he just cuts them when he looses... and it seems, without notice.

Isn't being a campaign supporter like an actual job, or is it a volunteer thing, where there is no actual contract, and the boss can just tell you to get lost anytime without any department of labour (or what ever you call it) coming down on his or her a**.

There are some paid positions but a lot of it is volunteer work with the unofficial understanding that you will be compensated in someway for your time, in this case it was with credit cards given to various supporters

Something else I find a bit humorous about this situation is that it seems cancelling those credit cards took priority over writing is concession speech though I might be a bit fuzzy on the exact timeline for the night

Probably... he obviously has no heart... and those who voted for him, especially those thinking he would up employment, have no brains.

It happens sadly, most are born into bubble worlds and from an early age interact solely with people raised on that sides propaganda and it becomes a firm belief to them and when they have children it just adds to the cycle, it tends to happen more often in rural areas and that is also why urban areas tend to lean towards our left
More bubbles interacting with others and popping so to speak

Manly Lunatic

Viral Protocol
Qyp
Viral Protocol
Qyp
Viral Protocol
zweet_dreamz

Ironic isnt it

It happens sadly, most are born into bubble worlds and from an early age interact solely with people raised on that sides propaganda and it becomes a firm belief to them and when they have children it just adds to the cycle, it tends to happen more often in rural areas and that is also why urban areas tend to lean towards our left

Yep.

Yah know who is really in power... Federal Reserve Bank... they are the ones that caused the debt right? Whats it now, 18 trillion? Or was it cut during that write off Obama did?

They control how the country is run overall, really, taxes and all that.
Qyp
Viral Protocol
Qyp
Viral Protocol
Qyp

Yep.

Yah know who is really in power... Federal Reserve Bank... they are the ones that caused the debt right? Whats it now, 18 trillion? Or was it cut during that write off Obama did?

They control how the country is run overall, really, taxes and all that.

Its just above 16 trillion if Im remembering right

Questionable Codger

It shows the true measure of a man, not so much how he acts in victory, but how he acts in defeat. Romney showed his true colors. He was not a leader, just a boss. He cut his losses when they no longer profited him.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

One, those workers should've brought money with them. I'm sure many of them, if not all, have debit cards with some decent cash in their accounts. Were they that confident that Romney would've won? Even if he had a clear view of winning, they should've brought their own money if in case anything. That was poor planning. Then again, what I think may be wrong.

Two, wow....what an a*****e. Why couldn't he wait until they got home? I understand cutting it after he got word that everyone got home, but geeze. What a great way to say thanks to them.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Elinnia

This is what you were voting for.

Manly Lunatic

Teeyanuh
One, those workers should've brought money with them. I'm sure many of them, if not all, have debit cards with some decent cash in their accounts. Were they that confident that Romney would've won? Even if he had a clear view of winning, they should've brought their own money if in case anything. That was poor planning. Then again, what I think may be wrong.

Two, wow....what an a*****e. Why couldn't he wait until they got home? I understand cutting it after he got word that everyone got home, but geeze. What a great way to say thanks to them.

Some were probably going on a 1-2 day trip, so they thought it should be enough for just travel, food and all that campaign stuff.

Dedicated Dabbler

Divine_Malevolence
Elinnia

Wait, isn't she the one who never, ever reads anything out of fear that she might be proven wrong hence why she only cites sources based on article name and never content, lest she just outright dodges the issue altogether?

I ask because I don't expect her to actually read the backlog, let alone between the lines.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Qyp
Teeyanuh

Some were probably going on a 1-2 day trip, so they thought it should be enough for just travel, food and all that campaign stuff.

Even so, it doesn't hurt to bring a back up if in case something happens.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

BlueRockman
Divine_Malevolence
Elinnia

Wait, isn't she the one who never, ever reads anything out of fear that she might be proven wrong hence why she only cites sources based on article name and never content, lest she just outright dodges the issue altogether?

I ask because I don't expect her to actually read the backlog, let alone between the lines.

Yep, even if the topic she brings up could be used a good debate. Once someone fills up the holes from her statement, she just doesn't respond.

Dedicated Dabbler

Teeyanuh
BlueRockman
Divine_Malevolence
Elinnia

Yep, even if the topic she brings up could be used a good debate. Once someone fills up the holes from her statement, she just doesn't respond.

Yup. I experienced that first hand. Still waiting for an answer to that question I used to answer her question. 'course, I know peeps like her. Self-righteous to the very end. Can never take a defeat as a lesson to improve themselves for next time.

Manly Lunatic

Teeyanuh
Qyp
Teeyanuh

True... but if anyone expected to be cut as soon as he looses (if he looses at the time), they wouldn't be supporting him in the first place, now would they?

I wouldn't even think that, I would be like, if I was his supporter "Cool, I get to help Romney win this, and he is helping his supporters by giving us the means of traveling and spreading his campaign!" I wouldn't think he would cut him off like a douche. I think even for Romney, this is a new low... I do not think even Bush, or ANY of the previous presidents/candidates have or would have done something like this... Republican or Democrat or any Third Party. Just shows people had the right idea of killing Joseph Smith. Mormons are nutty people.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Qyp
Teeyanuh
Qyp
Teeyanuh

True... but if anyone expected to be cut as soon as he looses (if he looses at the time), they wouldn't be supporting him in the first place, now would they?

I wouldn't even think that, I would be like, if I was his supporter "Cool, I get to help Romney win this, and he is helping his supporters by giving us the means of traveling and spreading his campaign!" I wouldn't think he would cut him off like a douche. I think even for Romney, this is a new low... I do not think even Bush, or ANY of the previous presidents/candidates have or would have done something like this... Republican or Democrat or any Third Party. Just shows people had the right idea of killing Joseph Smith. Mormons are nutty people.

Ah, that is true. I guess it's just how my mom taught me. "Even if they promise to fully cover you, always bring a back up because you can never know what may happen."

I really hope Romney makes this up to them. This can hurt him in the long run if he ever decides to run for president, or any office, in the future.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
BlueRockman
Divine_Malevolence
Elinnia

Going more for the irony of her trying the entire "This is what you voted for" line whilst referencing things hardly tied to Obama.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff