Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Sex Symbol

I wondered if he would have tried the same with the United States.
Good job Romney. You left a s**t load of people that were supporting and working for you stranded without any help.

Great job.

+++

Durem Citizen

What an a**.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
HUH! And if he had won, he would have been no different. I knew it from the start!

Manly Lunatic

Wow...

See, this is why he wasn't elected, he is not trustworthy.

Looks like the Democrats are the REAL Americans.
teddy Roosevelt quit his job as secretary of the navy, joined the army, as a colonel, and went to war, for something he believed in.

the man also almost took us to war again, in ww1. if he had won the presidency when he was up against Taft and Wilson. And i am convinced President Roosevelt would of been leading the charge themselves.

these days republicans won't even lift a finger for what they believe in. they just send other people to do their dirty work.

Republicans are a disgrace to the great ones, like Teddy.

Hell, if Teddy was alive during ww2, i am convinced he would of lead the charge on D-Day too!
Ouch. If he runs in four years people will remember this...

And don't these guys have like near unlimited superpacs?

Manly Lunatic

LordKingPumpkinHead
teddy Roosevelt quit his job as secretary of the navy, joined the army, as a colonel, and went to war, for something he believed in.

the man also almost took us to war again, in ww1. if he had won the presidency when he was up against Taft and Wilson. And i am convinced President Roosevelt would of been leading the charge themselves.

these days republicans won't even lift a finger for what they believe in. they just send other people to do their dirty work.

Hell, if Teddy was alive during ww2, i am convinced he would of lead the charge on D-Day too!

Eisenhower was the most popular President in the 20th century... Clinton is second, or become the most popular since Eisenhower.
Qyp
LordKingPumpkinHead

Eisenhower was the most popular President in the 20th century... Clinton is second, or become the most popular since Eisenhower.
Eisenhower is no Teddy.

Manly Lunatic

LordKingPumpkinHead
Qyp
LordKingPumpkinHead

Eisenhower is no Teddy.

Is that the Democratic one? I am not from the USA XD

WWII right?
Qyp
LordKingPumpkinHead
Qyp
LordKingPumpkinHead

Eisenhower is no Teddy.

WWII right?
no that is Franklin Roosevelt. His cousin. He was a democrat.

however, Teddy was a republican. but much like the other republicans at the time, who were soldiers, he too, was a liberal. much like MacArthur. and Eisenhower.

The roles of the democrats and the republicans tend to change every now and then. now a days it is the republicans working for the rich. and suppressing minorities.

but during the 50s it was southern democrats that created the so called "Jim crow" laws, that were the cause of so much blood shed, and eventual civil rights movement. Basically making anyone not white, 3/5ths a person.

oh yes, and Lincoln was also a liberal president. and a Republicans.

So the republicans did start the Liberal movement.

it just became a dirty word, after the rich Tycoons took over the party.

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
I see two sides in this story.
One one hand, if it is so, the Romney is a grade-A a*****e, who deserves less respect from his supporters.
On the other hand: who the hell leaves their state/county/town/whatever else you have right there without a single penny in their pocket?
Unless these people signed a contract stating that Romney will pay for any costs made, these people should have kept some money hidden to pay for taxi or bus fare home.
So yes, both were stupid and in the wrong

Manly Lunatic

LordKingPumpkinHead
Qyp
LordKingPumpkinHead
Qyp
LordKingPumpkinHead

Eisenhower is no Teddy.

WWII right?
no that is Franklin Roosevelt. His cousin. He was a democrat.

however, Teddy was a republican. but much like the other republicans at the time, who were soldiers, he too, was a liberal. much like MacArthur. and Eisenhower.

The roles of the democrats and the republicans tend to change every now and then. now a days it is the republicans working for the rich. and suppressing minorities.

but during the 50s it was southern democrats that created the so called "Jim crow" laws, that were the cause of so much blood shed, and eventual civil rights movement. Basically making anyone not white, 3/5ths a person.

oh yes, and Lincoln was also a liberal president. and a Republicans.

So the republicans did start the Liberal movement.

it just became a dirty word, after the rich Tycoons took over the party.

Yeah, I looked up "most popular USA president" and actually got a full on hardcore wiki page on it. With lots of stats and stuff...

Washington, Lincoln, and Franklin Roosevelt seem to be the most popular... Then Jefferson and Teddy, as you call him. Somehow Nixon is in the top ten...

Clinton's approval rating matched that of Reagan and F. Roosevelt. Which is pretty darn good. It seems he was REALLY popular by the second half of second term.
zweet_dreamz
One one hand, if it is so, the Romney is a grade-A a*****e, who deserves less respect from his supporters.
On the other hand: who the hell leaves their state/county/town/whatever else you have right there without a single penny in their pocket?
Unless these people signed a contract stating that Romney will pay for any costs made, these people should have kept some money hidden to pay for taxi or bus fare home.

Sounds like they were expecting to government to just give them money and pay for every little thing
Ironic isnt it

Manly Lunatic

Viral Protocol
zweet_dreamz

Sounds like they were expecting to government to just give them money and pay for every little thing
Ironic isnt it

They were working for Romney... and then he just cuts them when he looses... and it seems, without notice.

Isn't being a campaign supporter like an actual job, or is it a volunteer thing, where there is no actual contract, and the boss can just tell you to get lost anytime without any department of labour (or what ever you call it) coming down on his or her a**.
Qyp
Viral Protocol
zweet_dreamz

Ironic isnt it

They were working for Romney... and then he just cuts them when he looses... and it seems, without notice.

Isn't being a campaign supporter like an actual job, or is it a volunteer thing, where there is no actual contract, and the boss can just tell you to get lost anytime without any department of labour (or what ever you call it) coming down on his or her a**.

There are some paid positions but a lot of it is volunteer work with the unofficial understanding that you will be compensated in someway for your time, in this case it was with credit cards given to various supporters

Something else I find a bit humorous about this situation is that it seems cancelling those credit cards took priority over writing is concession speech though I might be a bit fuzzy on the exact timeline for the night

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff