Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hate's Waifu

"A house divided cannot stand."

To everyone that supported Romney, as painful to pride as it might be, you have to try to give this another go in terms of America; keep your American spirit up, and try to meet the other side half way.

To everyone that supported Obama, don't try to say that America was on the right path, because it really was just staying relatively stagnant in terms of economics; it was just...there. Ethic-wise and the like, sure; consider it a step 'forward.'

Looking at the nation's numbers, the thing that worries me is not the economic problems, ethical problems, moralities, foreign policies, or anything of that nature. The thing that worries me is how split this nation is. I may be overreacting, and I don't care who you voted for.

It doesn't matter now.

Obama, Romney; Democrat, Republican.

Stein, Johnson; Green, Libertarian.

It's easier said than done, but stop staying in your damned party mindset and actually TRY to make this work halfway for both sides. Otherwise, there is another quote that might come into play rather than Lincoln's. "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage." - Alexander Tyler

Just remember that "a house divided cannot stand." If you are refusing to budge on your standpoints, then congratulations, you've made everything more difficult, and people like you are the reason why nothing gets done in Washington. Even when our nation had contrasting beliefs during revolutionary times, we still agreed on a 'Great Compromise' by combining ideas and tweaking things here and there. Is it really that hard to do that now? Are we really that split? If so, then it looks like history is just going to keep repeating itself.

I'm not here supporting any sides on the political spectrum; I am just trying to express an opinion with my freedom of speech.

Rinon's Wife

Blessed Citizen

10,125 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
You don't know how amazed I am to see this.

I've finally found someone who shares my beliefs.
You, are an excellent being.
And, you are also 100% CORRECT.
I couldn't have explained my viewpoint any better than you just did.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Bout time I see someone posting something like this.
Wonderfully said.

Hate's Waifu

Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone haha. I'm glad I got this out there.

Enkyubus's Wife

Melodious Conversationalist

*standing ovation*

YES. YESSSS.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items