Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

For or Against Obama?

For 0.60994764397906 61.0% [ 466 ]
Against 0.39005235602094 39.0% [ 298 ]
Total Votes:[ 764 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 43 44 45 > >>

Hi, everyone biggrin Who here is all for the re-election of President Barack Obama? I know I am. I'm just trying to see who else is supporting. If you support Obama, please post here biggrin

1,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
He's not the best president, but I'll take him any day over Romney. At least I can trust Obama more than him.

I really want Paul, but it's pretty much impossible that he'll ever make nomination, so Obama it is.
User ImageUser ImageI'm totally for Obama 3nodding

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
princess_pillow
No.
I'm curious...which bloke in red is your choice of poison?

BTW: Disregard my non-American status, it just makes me more pragmatic. Take it home, Mr. Obama--or should I say, Mr. President.

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
I like the chap!

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Man-Hungry Cleric

PandorasJackinthebox
princess_pillow
No.

BTW: Disregard my non-American status, it just makes me more pragmatic. Take it home, Mr. Obama--or should I say, Mr. President.

Ron Paul is my 1st choice. His views are so different that they may seem ridiculous on the surface, but they make sense if you look into his reasoning.
-He's been speaking out against the war on drugs for decades, saying that they cause more harm than good by locking up non-violent users, and the tax payers have to pay to keep them locked up. It should be a person's right to choose what they put into their bodies, and this prohibition has raised the drug-related crime rate - just like what happened during the alcohol prohibition.
-He's been speaking out against wars in general, saying that we should mind our own business unless our national security is at risk. For some reason, people think that he's an isolationist because he wants to bring home all of our troops from around the world. Video
-He wants to decriminalize prostitution. Even though he doesn't believe that drugs or prostitution are moral, he supports the people's freedom to do what they want with their bodies.
-He wants to cut a lot of government spending, which would allow him to lower federal income tax for people & actually balance the budget.
-He wants to kill the ties between government & corporations, which is why you see businesses such as Goldman Sachs supporting Obama's and Romney's campaign, and hardly any of the companies support Ron Paul... and yet I see people say that Ron Paul's views would help those companies? xd If that were true, then they would've funded his campaign instead of shoving him off to the side! xp
-He wants to bring back a sound currency instead of having our money constantly being devalued (he talks about the gold standard quite a bit). Inflation is pretty much a tax by making a person's paycheck worth less and less, and it destroys the incentive to save money.
-Shortly after 9/11, he predicted a series of events that would happen within the next 10 years, and he was pretty accurate. Video That was the first video I saw of him, and I was a bit shocked with his foresight, which lead me to investigate deeper into his views. If I hadn't of discovered Ron Paul, I would've went with Obama.

There's probably more reasons why I support him, but that's all I can think of for now. 3nodding

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
S Plissken
PandorasJackinthebox
princess_pillow
No.

Ron Paul is my 1st choice. His views are so different that they may seem ridiculous on the surface, but they make sense if you look into his reasoning.
-He's been speaking out against the war on drugs for decades, saying that they cause more harm than good by locking up non-violent users, and the tax payers have to pay to keep them locked up. It should be a person's right to choose what they put into their bodies, and this prohibition has raised the drug-related crime rate - just like what happened during the alcohol prohibition.
-He's been speaking out against wars in general, saying that we should mind our own business unless our national security is at risk. For some reason, people think that he's an isolationist because he wants to bring home all of our troops from around the world. Video
-He wants to decriminalize prostitution. Even though he doesn't believe that drugs or prostitution are moral, he supports the people's freedom to do what they want with their bodies.
-He wants to cut a lot of government spending, which would allow him to lower federal income tax for people & actually balance the budget.
-He wants to kill the ties between government & corporations, which is why you see businesses such as Goldman Sachs supporting Obama's and Romney's campaign, and hardly any of the companies support Ron Paul... and yet I see people say that Ron Paul's views would help those companies? xd If that were true, then they would've funded his campaign instead of shoving him off to the side! xp
-He wants to bring back a sound currency instead of having our money constantly being devalued (he talks about the gold standard quite a bit). Inflation is pretty much a tax by making a person's paycheck worth less and less, and it destroys the incentive to save money.
-Shortly after 9/11, he predicted a series of events that would happen within the next 10 years, and he was pretty accurate. Video That was the first video I saw of him, and I was a bit shocked with his foresight, which lead me to investigate deeper into his views. If I hadn't of discovered Ron Paul, I would've went with Obama.

There's probably more reasons why I support him, but that's all I can think of for now. 3nodding
Fair enough...unfortunately, his viewpoints (which are pretty radical for EITHER side) are, while valid, too far out there. He's not going to win the primaries. Mitt Romney, a more "classic" Republican, is. Will you still vote for Romney, or would you prefer Obama?

My other beef with Ron Paul is that, from what I've heard, he still doesn't support social rights, such as gay marriage, abortion, and immigration. But all I know is what's on the telly out here, so don't quote me on that.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I vote for the lesser of the two evils. Going third party wont get me anywhere unless More people vote for third party. Yes Doubtful I know. Romney if he be the one to go again obama then I am left voting him. Obama proven his colors I don't want four more years.

Man-Hungry Cleric

PandorasJackinthebox
S Plissken
PandorasJackinthebox
princess_pillow
No.

Fair enough...unfortunately, his viewpoints (which are pretty radical for EITHER side) are, while valid, too far out there. He's not going to win the primaries. Mitt Romney, a more "classic" Republican, is. Will you still vote for Romney, or would you prefer Obama?

My other beef with Ron Paul is that, from what I've heard, he still doesn't support social rights, such as gay marriage, abortion, and immigration. But all I know is what's on the telly out here, so don't quote me on that.

I would rather vote for Obama than Romney, but I think I'll just write-in Ron Paul. sweatdrop

He doesn't personally believe that gay marriage is right, but he supports the people's choice to get married to whoever they want to. I think he actually wants government out of the marriage business and leave it up to the churches.

For abortion, he doesn't support it, and wants to leave it as a state issue since he believes that the federal government does not have the power to legalize or ban abortion.

He supports immigration, but not illegal immigration. He doesn't support amnesty of illegal immigrants because it's letting lawbreakers get away with their crime of illegally entering the country... although it is sad to see family broken up over it. >.<

Pretty much for all the social rights issues, he may personally be against them, but he admits that he has no right to tell people how to live. Just like with how he's against using drugs, and yet he supports people's right to use them. 3nodding
Get Bush V 2.0 out. He is doing the something Bush did only thing is they hated Bush but love him for it. So it's all about the R and the D. If it's an R its bad if it's a D it's good.

1,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
razorsarz
Get Bush V 2.0 out. He is doing the something Bush did only thing is they hated Bush but love him for it. So it's all about the R and the D. If it's an R its bad if it's a D it's good.

So Romney will be much better, then? Because he's your only option, considering the other GOP candidates aren't looking so hot on the polls right now.

I think I'll stick with Obama. We're in it pretty deep, 4 more years (good or bad) can't hurt.
FPSFrame52
razorsarz

So Romney will be much better, then? Because he's your only option, considering the other GOP candidates aren't looking so hot on the polls right now.

I think I'll stick with Obama. We're in it pretty deep, 4 more years (good or bad) can't hurt.

Willard is just going to keep going with what Obama is doing and would have passed the same stuff as him he even said so as well. this just shows that I am right all you look at is the R or the D that is all. We are done in 4 more years. Its going to be a civil war.

Questionable Borg

I don't agree with Obama 100% of the time, but he's better than the Republicans running.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff