Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
i find it stupefying that Texas is still so hateful towards the LGBTQA community (add whatever other letters i'm missing ... except furries) that they still feel this need to bolster this insecurity with a constitutional ban on gays getting married or even RECOGNIZING those which are legal in other states.

it's time for the madness to stop in my home state.

Eloquent Fatcat

Umm...you do realize Texas is one of the most conservative states. I know. I live here. I'm glad I live here though, the bad economy that is widespread over America is not hitting so hard here because conservatives are more fiscally responsible. But you are right about social issues. I wouldn't mind if gay marriage was allowed. I have a few gay christian friends that want to get married in their catholic church. Their church supports them 100% and find it great they want to be married. So, yeah. But still, Texas will be one of the last states to legalize it, if at all, I think.

Fashionable Vampire

I have to agree that the madness should stop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Texas

Looking at this, I am ashamed to even live there.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Bastets Blessing
Umm...you do realize Texas is one of the most conservative states. I know. I live here. I'm glad I live here though, the bad economy that is widespread over America is not hitting so hard here because conservatives are more fiscally responsible. But you are right about social issues. I wouldn't mind if gay marriage was allowed. I have a few gay christian friends that want to get married in their catholic church. Their church supports them 100% and find it great they want to be married. So, yeah. But still, Texas will be one of the last states to legalize it, if at all, I think.
i know but ... well, there's some comfort here.
My family voted romney, but they know i'm "gay" (it's a bit of a long story, but basically Sifen, my boyfriend, is a transgender male pre-hormones) and, if i asked them to help with being vocal against the stupidity, they stand behind me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff