Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Sex Symbol

10,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Flatterer 200
The only real idiot when it comes to politics is the eligible voter that doesn't vote. rolleyes
You should vote because you have the right to do so.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
low iq 111
chainmailleman
So all of the sudden I am an anarchist? Lol, thats comical. "If he's not for "democracy" he's an anarchist!" Love the logic guys. You people are retarded. (We do not have a democracy, we have a republic, but for people who never got a passing grade in World Civics or Government, it's to be expected)

Federal Reserve comment:

The Federal Reserve prints the money we use and loans it at interest to the government, whom in turn taxes us to pay that interest.

Let me put it this way, if you loaned 10 marbles to a friend to play a game of marbles, and charged interest on those marbles of a rate of 1 marble, where does the eleventh marble come from? (unless mommy and daddy think he's too big to fail and bail him out)

you need a source for this.....

I do? You mean it's beyond common knowledge where money comes from?

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
low iq 111
chainmailleman
low iq 111

also you should vote and vote for the person you want even if there is little chance. every little bit helps when you are fighting for a cause.

another issue is that there are more things you are voting for than the president so you need to vote for your senators etc ....

Why should I vote for someone to fight my cause for me?

How do I know he is fighting for me and not his own personal interests?

With a long history of self serving "representation", what makes you think that the next guy will be any different?

if you act like this you will only alienate everyone and accomplish nothing

Quite the contrary. Small groups and individual intellectuals have had more power for change than the masses. 2+2 = 4 no matter how many people vote 5.

Enduring Phantom

And how is not voting going to help this at all? neutral

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
you pleb
ok
so what are you doing to remedy this situation

what was that
posting silly conspiracy theories on an avatar based website, you say
so nothing?

nothing.
you are doing nothing.
please, don't play this weird superiority thing

Logic just does not exist with you, does it?

Obviously I'm doing something. Not participating in mass fraud and refusing to support the criminal syndicate running the show is something. Posting relevant topics with thought provoking material (for the intellectuals). And who knows, IRL I'm doing way more than that. But hey, "I'm doing nothing".

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Resonare Praeteriti

.............I'll let you figure that one out and save me from repeating myself.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
cool_guy887
chainmailleman

Wow your vote doesen't even count, the electoral college decides

Not since 1787.....

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
iNibble
The only real idiot when it comes to politics is the eligible voter that doesn't vote. rolleyes

The only real idiot when it comes to politics is the eligible voter that votes.

(see how much logic is used in such a statement?)

Enduring Phantom

chainmailleman
Resonare Praeteriti

.............I'll let you figure that one out and save me from repeating myself.

Well sorry, but it looked like you were angry about the crappy ultimatum this election season. There's still third parties, just so you know...

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Resonare Praeteriti
chainmailleman
Resonare Praeteriti

Well sorry, but it looked like you were angry about the crappy ultimatum this election season. There's still third parties, just so you know...

When was the last time a third party actually got in?

Anyway, my reason for not voting is this: When you vote, you cast your approval of the system, and anything the system does. Therefore, you got exactly what you voted for. The act of voting is a ritual. It gives the "livestock" a feeling of importance. An illusion of freedom.

"It does not matter who gets the most votes. It matters who counts the votes" - Adolf Hitler (and a whole bunch of other "leaders" )

Enduring Phantom

chainmailleman
Resonare Praeteriti
chainmailleman
Resonare Praeteriti

Anyway, my reason for not voting is this: When you vote, you cast your approval of the system, and anything the system does. Therefore, you got exactly what you voted for. The act of voting is a ritual. It gives the "livestock" a feeling of importance. An illusion of freedom.

"It does not matter who gets the most votes. It matters who counts the votes" - Adolf Hitler (and a whole bunch of other "leaders" )

Things look promising this year, at least.

Anyways, I don't approve of the system fully either, but I think that to completely refuse to have anything to do with it is just sticking your head in the sand while the world goes to hell around you. While there's still a chance, I'll bank on it. Once things start getting completely ridiculous, then I'll sharpen my knives.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Resonare Praeteriti
chainmailleman
Resonare Praeteriti
chainmailleman
Resonare Praeteriti

Things look promising this year, at least.

Anyways, I don't approve of the system fully either, but I think that to completely refuse to have anything to do with it is just sticking your head in the sand while the world goes to hell around you. While there's still a chance, I'll bank on it. Once things start getting completely ridiculous, then I'll sharpen my knives.

Sticking your head in the sand is thinking "everything is alright". I know things are not alright. I also know that by participating in a corrupt and failing system will also make things worse. Whats best for America is not whats best for "insert company name here". How many politicians (from all levels) have stock in one or more companies? When you allow someone like that to make laws, you can see bullshit like Obamacare (requiring ALL to purchase insurance $$$ ask yourself who benefits $$$).

Voting is what allowed this to happen as 51% can enslave or kill the other 49%. Thankfully we live in a republic (never was a democracy, ask your Government or World Civ teacher) where your vote doesn't matter (electoral college <---counts the "votes" ).

The democratic party, the republican party, the communist party.....it's a party, your not invited, and your stuck with one hell of a bill that not even our great grand kids will be able to pay off.

Wealthy Sex Symbol

10,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Flatterer 200
chainmailleman
iNibble

It actually makes sense TO vote, you're making a statement and helping guide the electoral college for who they ought to vote for. If you don't vote, and all you do is b***h or moan about policies going on in America then you're an idiot and I can tell you're probably one of those people.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
iNibble
chainmailleman
iNibble

It actually makes sense TO vote, you're making a statement and helping guide the electoral college for who they ought to vote for. If you don't vote, and all you do is b***h or moan about policies going on in America then you're an idiot and I can tell you're probably one of those people.

http://media2.620wtmj.com/breakingnews/ElectionResults_2004_VoterFraudInvestigation_MPD-SIU-A2474926.pdf

You have got to be kidding me.

If what you say is true than you should look at the correlation behind voter fraud. Florida is also a good place to observe this crime.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff