Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
“Politicians are put there to give you that idea that you have freedom of choice. You don’t. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations, and they’ve long since bought and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the State Houses, and the City Halls. They’ve got the judges in their back pockets. And they own all the big media companies so they control just about all the news and information you get to hear.

They’ve got you by the balls.

They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want; they want more for themselves and less for everybody else. But I’ll tell you what they don’t want—they don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That’s against their interest.” - George Carlin

Question: Will marijuana (or any other supposedly "controlled" substance) be legalized dependent upon who wins any election for president?

Answer: No.

Follow-up Question: Will the prison-industrial complex be smashed like a cockroach crawling out of a trailer park dumpster dependent upon who wins any election for president?

Answer: Hell no.

Question: Will the IRS be abolished dependent upon who wins any election for president of the United States?

Follow-up question: Regardless of who is elected, will the practice of taxing the citizen at every turn be substantially trimmed back, kinda like the hair during one of Nick Arrojo’s cuts on What Not to Wear?

Answer: Absolutely, positively, not.

Question: Will the Federal Reserve be abolished dependent upon who wins any election for president?

Follow-up question: Regardless of who is elected, will the wealth transfer that has corresponded with the loss of over 80% of the value of the dollar since 1970 be stopped like one of those Toyota Tundra trucks?

Answer: Not hardly. Best case, it gets mentioned in passing.

Question: Will the incredibly large worldwide U.S. military presence, including over 750 bases, be curtailed dependent upon who wins any election for president?

Follow-up question: Regardless of who is elected, will the gargantuan domestic military-industrial complex be popped like a zit on Baron Harkonnen’s festering kiester?

Answer: Nope. The subject won’t even be seriously debated.

There are ways of opposing the state, other than by voting "against" the incumbents. (And remember, even if the opposition politicians are the lesser of two evils, they are still evil.) Such non-political methods as civil disobedience, non-violent resistance, home schooling, bettering one's self, and improving one's own understanding of voluntarism all go far in robbing the government of its much sought after legitimacy.

Truth does not depend upon a majority vote. Two plus two equals four regardless of how many people vote that it equals five.

Individuals have rights which do not depend on the outcome of elections. Majorities of voters cannot vote away the rights of a single individual or groups of individuals.

Voting is implicitly a coercive act because it lends support to a compulsory government.

Voting reinforces the legitimacy of the state because the participation of the voters makes it appear that they approve of their government.

If you vote, you cannot b***h. You have given both consent and legitimacy to an illegitimate and corrupt system. Anything the system does is legit by your consent. Therefore, you got exactly what you voted for.

Beloved Visionary

9,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kolyatt

Hurricane Islandheart

Thanks for the bumps!

Ruthless Phantom

11,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I'm dieing of laughter from the 2 replies. rofl rofl rofl

As for chainmailleman, ANARCHY!!!!!! HUUUURRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

7,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
thunderpunk7777777

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But I do agree with you on the comment, it was a bit hysterical. xD

Ruthless Phantom

11,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Ouran_Blue
thunderpunk7777777

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But I do agree with you on the comment, it was a bit hysterical. xD

You're right, I do agree with you there. Just a lot of people that believe in anarchy have no idea in the slightest what they are really asking for. They complain constantly about our government and say it's horrible. no, this government isn't perfect, but what government honestly is? Considering our place in the world as far as economy and everything goes, I think we are doing well enough.

7,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
thunderpunk7777777
Ouran_Blue
thunderpunk7777777

You're right, I do agree with you there. Just a lot of people that believe in anarchy have no idea in the slightest what they are really asking for. They complain constantly about our government and say it's horrible. no, this government isn't perfect, but what government honestly is? Considering our place in the world as far as economy and everything goes, I think we are doing well enough.

Oh yes, for idealanarchy ~ will forever be engraved in French history (ei. the Great Terror, and Napoleon I).And good point, the people we vote into office are just the people of/from domestic society, no? (In, which we all know is imperfect like you said). In honesty the theoretical-like mudslinging along side "we will," "we might," ---all I want to see is visuals (ie. real results) of what the (blank) these guys keep roaming about. (In case one of you users insist "look around it's everywhere" let's not forget not everywhere in the US is the same).

As a scientist they make claims reflected on the 3 appeals to a degree, but @_@ where they've tested these thoughts is all out the window in my book. If they could perform some kind of experiment with a small community or create model we can all see/ understand without having to squint for the blank ink in 3 point font should be bliss from there.

Familiar Friend

i agree with you on several points except the federal reserve part. money is not intrinsically bad and in fact using gold or any other limited resource is a very terrible idea. the fed is not as bad as you think. the fed has kept the dollar pretty strong sooooo whatever you've been told about the fed is probably wrong.

also you should vote and vote for the person you want even if there is little chance. every little bit helps when you are fighting for a cause.

another issue is that there are more things you are voting for than the president so you need to vote for your senators etc ....

Desirable Shapeshifter

16,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Wow. That video. ninja

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
So all of the sudden I am an anarchist? Lol, thats comical. "If he's not for "democracy" he's an anarchist!" Love the logic guys. You people are retarded. (We do not have a democracy, we have a republic, but for people who never got a passing grade in World Civics or Government, it's to be expected)

Federal Reserve comment:

The Federal Reserve prints the money we use and loans it at interest to the government, whom in turn taxes us to pay that interest.

Let me put it this way, if you loaned 10 marbles to a friend to play a game of marbles, and charged interest on those marbles of a rate of 1 marble, where does the eleventh marble come from? (unless mommy and daddy think he's too big to fail and bail him out)

Sparkly Lunatic

chainmailleman
Federal Reserve comment:

The Federal Reserve prints the money we use and loans it at interest to the government, whom in turn taxes us to pay that interest.

Let me put it this way, if you loaned 10 marbles to a friend to play a game of marbles, and charged interest on those marbles of a rate of 1 marble, where does the eleventh marble come from? (unless mommy and daddy think he's too big to fail and bail him out)

You should be Obamas debate coach, he needs to learn how to break things down in a way the average person would understand it, like you have done here xD

But anyways, I love your marbles analogy.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
low iq 111

also you should vote and vote for the person you want even if there is little chance. every little bit helps when you are fighting for a cause.

another issue is that there are more things you are voting for than the president so you need to vote for your senators etc ....

Why should I vote for someone to fight my cause for me?

How do I know he is fighting for me and not his own personal interests?

With a long history of self serving "representation", what makes you think that the next guy will be any different?

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
THeSLuSH
chainmailleman
Federal Reserve comment:

You should be Obamas debate coach, he needs to learn how to break things down in a way the average person would understand it, like you have done here xD

But anyways, I love your marbles analogy.

Thank you.

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
hey man
werent you that guy posting in ED with a big list about why conspiracy theorists are right

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff