• Mark Twain 100
Link is broken

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Actually it is because they are (right now) afraid more of what Congress will or will not do about the debt-tax issue thing that is set to expire at the end of December. Meaning that when it does, everyone rich and poor will all be paying more in taxes. The average you-and-me worker will be paying $2,000 - $3,000 more per year. Those tax cuts for the rich will expire as will a lot of the exemptions they had been getting will end.

And so on.

Republican House Speaker, Boehner is already at it and has stated ONCE AGAIN that he will NOT allow even the possibility of ANY tax rate raises for the rich class.
(Bottom line, HE and others do not want to pay more)

This from CBS

Quote:
Republicans continue to draw a line in the sand against higher tax rates for upper-income earners as they seek to topple the conventional wisdom that Mr. Obama has the upper hand in upcoming negotiations on averting the potentially economy-crippling set of tax increases and automatic spending cuts due to hit in January.

Mr. Obama faces a tough, core decision: Does he pick a fight and risk a prolonged impasse with Republicans, or does he rush to compromise and risk alienating Democrats still celebrating his victory?

Many of his Democratic allies hope Mr. Obama will take a hard line when he addresses the matter Friday. Republicans warn that a fight could poison efforts for a rapprochement in a bitterly divided Capitol and threaten his second-term agenda.

Mr. Obama has been silent since his victory speech early Wednesday morning, but Capitol Hill Republicans have filled the vacuum with vows to stand resolutely against any effort by the president to fulfill a campaign promise to raise the top two income tax rates to Clinton-era levels.

"Fiscal cliff" talks hinge on taxing wealthy
Top Dem: Boehner's "fiscal cliff" remarks "a good first step"
Boehner says new taxes OK if spending reduced

"Raising tax rates is unacceptable," House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, declared Thursday on ABC. "Frankly, it couldn't even pass the House. I'm not sure it could pass the Senate."

Boehner will address the "fiscal cliff" ahead of the president Friday, with remarks scheduled for 11:15 a.m. ET.

A lot is at stake. A new Congressional Budget Office report on Thursday predicted that the economy would fall into recession if there is a protracted impasse in Washington and the government falls off the fiscal cliff for the entire year. Though most Capitol-watchers think that a long deadlock is unlikely, the analysts say such a scenario would cause a spike in the jobless rate to 9.1 percent by next fall.

It goes on (no idea what he said as I wasn't home)

So really, it is up to the Senate and Congress as to whether or not...

Liberal Streaker

3,950 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
More than likely these layoffs were planned weeks in advance. But go ahead and keep grasping at straws.

Witty Phantom

Old Blue Collar Joe
The Undead Suitor
Old Blue Collar Joe
Teeyanuh
You know this has nothing to do with Obama's second term, right? It doesn't start until January 20th. Oh my god, shocker!

Actually, you're wrong, in at least a few of the instances. I'm not digging up every company listed, but the few I recognize on there already stated that, if Obama won re-election, then they were making the cuts to prepare for the increased costs coming up.
So yeah, it actually does have a lot to do with that. And his promise to punish success with higher taxes yet again.

So, some company are scorned douchebags who take it out on employees

which is Obamas fault.

Sure okay.

What part of 'increased overhead is now guaranteed so they are cutting costs' confused you?

lol everything.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Nyadriel
Actually it is because they are (right now) afraid more of what Congress will or will not do about the debt-tax issue thing that is set to expire at the end of December.
Wait....

That sounds like potential leverage..... "Either you let us raise the taxes so that we can pay for this deficit you dumbasses are so up in arms about, or we just let the old tax cuts go away with our senate majority and presidential office holding. Either way, the people who own you are getting higher taxes. It's just that, if you do it our way, the middle class doesn't."

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Divine_Malevolence
Nyadriel
Actually it is because they are (right now) afraid more of what Congress will or will not do about the debt-tax issue thing that is set to expire at the end of December.
Wait....

That sounds like potential leverage..... "Either you let us raise the taxes so that we can pay for this deficit you dumbasses are so up in arms about, or we just let the old tax cuts go away with our senate majority and presidential office holding. Either way, the people who own you are getting higher taxes. It's just that, if you do it our way, the middle class doesn't."

Well it does sound that way. Either way the taxes are gonna go up for everybody if Obama gets his way about raising it on the wealthy. The question is by how much.
I dunno what Obama said in his speech yet either.
(remember that those in the Senate and in Congress earn millions every year from what they earn in dividends from rich corporations. Dems and moderate Republicans have no trouble paying more in taxes. It's everybody else in The Republican Party that does)
Obama supporters don't care about the common folk. They just glad their god is back in. dramallama

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
idontcare kk
Obama supporters don't care about the common folk. They just glad their god is back in. dramallama

WTF are you talking about?

Hey, you hear the news lately? Obama was on top of things when Hurricane Sandy hit New England recently and told FEMA "get it done" when it comes to providing assistance. Often visits the "Mom & Pop" places when he's on the road and goes for a meal. Wants to poke more at alternative energy knowing what the future holds eventually.
So tell me how he doesn't care?

He strikes me as a closet hippie.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Now I do agree that small businesses (which are half of the businesses in our country) should not be taxed more. But the wealthier ones who rake in billions every year? They complain enough about the 35% that they don't even pay because of all the deductions (Billion dollar oil companies get subsidies) and stuff they get.

But I have to wonder

just who IS President of the United States? President Obama? Or Republican House Speaker, Boehner?

Boehner thinks he is gonna be in control just like that last four years (that is what was really going on)
Nyadriel
idontcare kk

WTF are you talking about?

Hey, you hear the news lately? Obama was on top of things when Hurricane Sandy hit New England recently and told FEMA "get it done" when it comes to providing assistance. Often visits the "Mom & Pop" places when he's on the road and goes for a meal. Wants to poke more at alternative energy knowing what the future holds eventually.
So tell me how he doesn't care?

He strikes me as a closet hippie.

I didn't Obama HIMSELF, I said his SUPPORTERS.

But okay Obama really cares:
-Uses drones on Pakistan
-Didn't give help was ASKED for and during the Benghzai sittuation
-NDAA(the one he signed recently)

LOL he really cares. 4laugh

Lonely Citizen

Caucasian Walk
More than likely these layoffs were planned weeks in advance. But go ahead and keep grasping at straws.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Durem Citizen

Romney could not have prevented that and these people were layed off less than a week after the election. That was not Obama's fault at all. Soo...

User Image

8,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
Elinnia

This is just the start. This is the result of your vote. You can be butthurt about the truth all you want (Divine and Lygarrrrr) but this is on you. I am taking it upon myself to inform you of the consequences of your choice. Every day.

You can no longer blame others.

I am going to stop you right there, Obama has nothing to do whether corporations let people go or not. That's the businesses personal decision, and honestly a major reason as to why so many people are unemployed. There is a scheme to it, the managers work unreasonable hours at mediocre pay, and associates work at barely minimum wage. If they're not even willing to pay more than 0.05 cent a raise yearly for these employees, why should they be compassionate enough to not lay people off?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff