Welcome to Gaia! ::

Old Blue Collar Joe

I've not once said most people are for free birth control. I am stating my opinion on it, which is it is not a tax payer responsibility. There are insurance companies that cover it, but, as I've stated multiple times, one can get birth control at Wal Mart and several other stores starting at $4.00 a month.

It's not that simple, there are different kinds of Contraceptives the ones starting at $4.00 might not be the right kind for the woman. Also a female should not just assume that Pill is right for her. That can be dangerous and might not work.

Quote:
Yes, depending on what brand someone takes, it can go up, but it's a personal decision (unless it is prescribed for major health issues, which is a different issue altogether, because then it is a medical prescription that preventing birth is merely a side effect of.)

A personal decision which is also affects everybody.

Quote:
Name one person that has died from lack of sex? It's not a necessity. It's a great part of a relationship, but it's not the be all to end all. And, much like a good beer is nice to have, it's something one shouldn't indulge in without having the financial means to do so.
Just because people like sex doesn't mean it's critical to their lives.

No, but statistics have shown people will do it regardless. I'm not saying you should, I'm just saying a person should take precaution if they want to. Schools do teach Abstinence first.

Quote:
Let me clarify one major point: I'm not telling anyone to abstain. Not my place. What I am telling them is not to expect taxpayers to fund their pleasure. Nothing more. If they're going to play the game, then they best be ready to deal with the consequences if they can't afford it.

It's not funding pleasure. It's preventing pregnancy. And in the long run it would cost tax payers much more money if the baby is unwanted.

Fuzzy Vampire

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
szechuan86
cursedgnomes

I do realize that birth control can be used in medical conditions that help people. I'm not against birth control altogether. I just don't think the Government should pay for that, or for healthcare period. Birth control was just one way of my saying that in this topic.

Also, I am not against insurance companies helping to pay for medically required medications. I'm not even against them paying for medication under any circumstances at all. That's what insurance is there for. But our government should not be that insurance.

That's the only point I am trying to make.

You are in fact wrong, Government should help provide Insurance if you can't afford it. Have you seen the prices of Healthcare?

In fact if Government stopped funding of Birth Control the birth rate will skyrocket.

The government should not pay for healthcare. And that is a fact.

I was asked my opinion. I am certainly not going to apologize for it.

F.Y.I. This will be my last reply to you. I am tired of your sexual welfare demands.
szechuan86
Old Blue Collar Joe

I've not once said most people are for free birth control. I am stating my opinion on it, which is it is not a tax payer responsibility. There are insurance companies that cover it, but, as I've stated multiple times, one can get birth control at Wal Mart and several other stores starting at $4.00 a month.

It's not that simple, there are different kinds of Contraceptives the ones starting at $4.00 might not be the right kind for the woman. Also a female should not just assume that Pill is right for her. That can be dangerous and might not work.

Quote:
Yes, depending on what brand someone takes, it can go up, but it's a personal decision (unless it is prescribed for major health issues, which is a different issue altogether, because then it is a medical prescription that preventing birth is merely a side effect of.)

A personal decision which is also affects everybody.

Quote:
Name one person that has died from lack of sex? It's not a necessity. It's a great part of a relationship, but it's not the be all to end all. And, much like a good beer is nice to have, it's something one shouldn't indulge in without having the financial means to do so.
Just because people like sex doesn't mean it's critical to their lives.

No, but statistics have shown people will do it regardless. I'm not saying you should, I'm just saying a person should take precaution if they want to. Schools do teach Abstinence first.

Quote:
Let me clarify one major point: I'm not telling anyone to abstain. Not my place. What I am telling them is not to expect taxpayers to fund their pleasure. Nothing more. If they're going to play the game, then they best be ready to deal with the consequences if they can't afford it.

It's not funding pleasure. It's preventing pregnancy. And in the long run it would cost tax payers much more money if the baby is unwanted.

I'll address both your posts in one.

1. That's why I said $4.00 and up. My wife's medication costs me $125.00 a month. I spent the extra $20.00 a year, and now that prescription costs me a total of $40.00 a month.
The pill ranges, without insurance, from $15.00 to $50.00 per month. With the discounts of multiple stores, the price can be reduced to $4.00 to $30.00 per month.
If someone can't pony up $1.00 a day, they may need to abstain in the first place.
There's also many other methods.
Again, for about a dollar a day, this is probably their best choice:

Quote:
Shot (Depo-Provera): Getting a hormone injection every three months prevents women’s ovaries from releasing eggs. It’s also about 99 percent effective, according to the FDA. The Cost: Each shot costs between $35 and $75, and sometimes comes with an additional doctor’s visit fee of $20 to $40. That means each year, users can expect to pay between $220 and $460.

VERY effective. Why this isn't being discussed is beyond me.

2. It's a personal decision. It's more a personal responsibility. And, cold as it may sound, time to be a grown up. They have responsibility. Same as you and I. And if one cannot afford something, then they don't need to be doing it, and I'm not interested in rewarding stupid.

3. Yes, people will do it, regardless. And it's their problem to deal with. And they should take precautions. Doesn't mean I nor anyone else should fund it.

4. It is funding pleasure. I am not interested in giving them a blank check to lower standards even further. There must be a line drawn on the 'free' s**t, which is a myth, because NOTHING is free.
We're in debt up to our eyeballs, and people are crying for more free stuff? That's insane.
Old Blue Collar Joe

I'll address both your posts in one.

1. That's why I said $4.00 and up. My wife's medication costs me $125.00 a month. I spent the extra $20.00 a year, and now that prescription costs me a total of $40.00 a month.
The pill ranges, without insurance, from $15.00 to $50.00 per month. With the discounts of multiple stores, the price can be reduced to $4.00 to $30.00 per month.
If someone can't pony up $1.00 a day, they may need to abstain in the first place.
There's also many other methods.
Again, for about a dollar a day, this is probably their best choice:

What extra 20 dollars a year? What discounts? As they may be available where you are.
Assumption that they are able to get these discounts and the stores are able to offer them. Assuming that those are the proper Birth Control Pills
Quote:

Quote:
Shot (Depo-Provera): Getting a hormone injection every three months prevents women’s ovaries from releasing eggs. It’s also about 99 percent effective, according to the FDA. The Cost: Each shot costs between $35 and $75, and sometimes comes with an additional doctor’s visit fee of $20 to $40. That means each year, users can expect to pay between $220 and $460.

VERY effective. Why this isn't being discussed is beyond me.

That is because there are unwanted side effects of the Hormone Shot. And in fact you can't regulate your periods with the shot.

Irregular bleeding is the most common side effect, especially in the first 6 to 12 months of use.

For most women, periods become fewer and lighter. After one year, half of the women who use the birth control shot will stop having periods completely.
Some women have longer, heavier periods.
Some women have increased spotting and light bleeding between periods.

Which is why the shot is also very undesirable to women especially with ones who get longer heavier periods.

Quote:
2. It's a personal decision. It's more a personal responsibility. And, cold as it may sound, time to be a grown up. They have responsibility. Same as you and I. And if one cannot afford something, then they don't need to be doing it, and I'm not interested in rewarding stupid.

It's not rewarding stupid at all, it's in fact about being responsible when having sex. In fact what we can't afford is another unwanted child being born. Because some will have sex regardless with or without the pill or some are just uneducated about the consequences or improperly put on a condom.

In Fact most schools that teach Abstinence First do teach kids that Abstinence is the best form of Birth Control.

Quote:
3. Yes, people will do it, regardless. And it's their problem to deal with. And they should take precautions. Doesn't mean I nor anyone else should fund it.

Actually no it isn't not if they leave the baby to the orphanage, or if they don't have enough funds to provide for the kid.

Quote:
It is funding pleasure. I am not interested in giving them a blank check to lower standards even further. There must be a line drawn on the 'free' s**t, which is a myth, because NOTHING is free.
We're in debt up to our eyeballs, and people are crying for more free stuff? That's insane.

Absolutely not, it is funding for prevention of Pregnancy not pleasure. It would in fact cost people more not to provide Birth Control.
cursedgnomes

Opinion not fact, you also constantly ignored all the facts I provided.
Quote:

Nobody asked you to

Quote:
F.Y.I. This will be my last reply to you. I am tired of your sexual welfare demands.

A typical response from a troll or an ignorant person who ignores facts especially ones I provided that have proved my stance. Seeing as how Uneducated you are in this subject with your supposed 300% increase in pregnancy since the 1980's or 1990's is completely ridiculous.

You have said nothing but Opinions, not facts.

Thieving Hoarder

7,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
logan the god of candy
BladeDevil
If it's true... emotion_eyebrow
We'll just down vote it...and everyone will be happy....and get on..with our lives... emotion_awesome

ssshhh, we don't want people to know that.

lol...
szechuan86
cursedgnomes

Quote:

Nobody asked you to

Quote:

A typical response from a troll or an ignorant person who ignores facts especially ones I provided that have proved my stance. Seeing as how Uneducated you are in this subject with your supposed 300% increase in pregnancy since the 1980's or 1990's is completely ridiculous.

I'd like to see a flat two percent tax, similar to medicaid, where you do NOT get to deduct from it, across the board solely for the purpose of this healthcare. It's the only way possible to make it financially feasible.
Old Blue Collar Joe
szechuan86
cursedgnomes

Quote:

Nobody asked you to

Quote:

I'd like to see a flat two percent tax, similar to medicaid, where you do NOT get to deduct from it, across the board solely for the purpose of this healthcare. It's the only way possible to make it financially feasible.

k.

Lunatic

5,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
alseia
Romney obviously time traveled and came to the future from colonial America.

Hahaha I said the same thing
szechuan86
Old Blue Collar Joe
szechuan86
cursedgnomes

Quote:

Nobody asked you to

Quote:

k.

Been thinking on this issue while out working today, and have changed my stance. I'd tolerate a supplement to people making under a certain amount of money, to help them get birth control pills at a reasonable rate. Note I said supplement, not 'pay for all of it'.
I am against giving it to minors without parental permission, simply because they are minors, and, as long they live under their parents roof, they are accountable to them for their actions.
Free access to typing tutor courses for 6 months for everyone! Just register here: www.solotyping.com

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff