Welcome to Gaia! ::

Deadly Wrangler

Divine_Malevolence
But they only spent so much 'cause they thought Romney was going to win and thusly pander to them.
They thought they'd get a net profit.

That's a really stupid thing to do. And if they like throwing their money around and taking a risk with it, they can surely afford to pay more taxes.
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
BlueRockman
Didn't Clinton prove that modest taxes on the rich would do more good than harm for the nation? I mean, we did have a surplus under him.

No, his one stunt with taxes was a luxury tax which pretty much killed the luxury yacht industry, thereby costing hundreds of working class Americans their jobs since the rich simply didn't buy any yachts due to it or bought them overseas instead.
Whas good Joe? Are you as mad as these other pple lol?

Why should I be mad? Those that didn't think or don't think yesterday won't suddenly start today.
I have a good idea what the next four years will bring, so I'll be making a move to a different part of the real estate business soon enough to compensate for the changing situation I see coming.
I think we're going to see still more gridlock and uncompromising positions, as we have over the last four years, and preparing for the shitstorm over Benghazi to start full force within a few more weeks.
May as well prepare for a fun ride. And if anyone thinks we've hit rock bottom yet? Stand by. I expect the worst to come in the next year or two.
lol I doubt it, s**t's gonna change yes, but I think the republicans are gonna start playing ball. If they keep on this trend a few cycles from now they won't have the house either. Even conservative forecasting projects that 12m+ jobs will be created over the next 4 years anyway, we're on the rise.

I'm not going to swing that cat and just hit the democrats or the republicans. I know both sides love to point fingers and blame the other side, but truthfully? Both sides are the problem.
As I've said, I hope to hell I'm proven wrong. It would tickle me silly. But reality is, I am going to sit and watch what happens and THEN determine exactly what is going to happen.
LeCleo
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
BlueRockman
Didn't Clinton prove that modest taxes on the rich would do more good than harm for the nation? I mean, we did have a surplus under him.

No, his one stunt with taxes was a luxury tax which pretty much killed the luxury yacht industry, thereby costing hundreds of working class Americans their jobs since the rich simply didn't buy any yachts due to it or bought them overseas instead.

Why should I be mad? Those that didn't think or don't think yesterday won't suddenly start today.
I have a good idea what the next four years will bring, so I'll be making a move to a different part of the real estate business soon enough to compensate for the changing situation I see coming.
I think we're going to see still more gridlock and uncompromising positions, as we have over the last four years, and preparing for the shitstorm over Benghazi to start full force within a few more weeks.
May as well prepare for a fun ride. And if anyone thinks we've hit rock bottom yet? Stand by. I expect the worst to come in the next year or two.

People has a good idea Romney was gonna win. look what happen there.

Just as the dems were saying Obama was going to win, the reps were behind Romney. We'll hear the same thing next election.
Heard it with Carter, and all the others that have lost since I can remember voting. Don't see it stopping anytime soon.
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
BlueRockman

lol I doubt it, s**t's gonna change yes, but I think the republicans are gonna start playing ball. If they keep on this trend a few cycles from now they won't have the house either. Even conservative forecasting projects that 12m+ jobs will be created over the next 4 years anyway, we're on the rise.

I'm not going to swing that cat and just hit the democrats or the republicans. I know both sides love to point fingers and blame the other side, but truthfully? Both sides are the problem.
As I've said, I hope to hell I'm proven wrong. It would tickle me silly. But reality is, I am going to sit and watch what happens and THEN determine exactly what is going to happen.

Ok, well as our only real conservative opinion you should drop in on the thread from time to time. You can be our Michael Steele or Steve Schmidt
Agreed. If they can spend more money on this campaign than has ever been spent before, they can afford a ******** tax rate that is ON PAR WITH THE REST OF THE 80% OF THE ******** COUNTRY.

It's not ******** raising the rich's tax above normal, smart a** kids, it's raising it even. They only pay 14% on average, vs me and every other normal American paying an average of 35%. 35% is the ******** norm.
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger

Ok, well as our only real conservative opinion you should drop in on the thread from time to time. You can be our Michael Steele or Steve Schmidt

I seriously doubt I'm considered the only conservative. I tend to be conservative, but in some issues I have a rather liberal bent that drives the conservatives apeshit. But appreciate it. Now...who the ******** are Michael Steele and Steve Schmidt?
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger

I seriously doubt I'm considered the only conservative. I tend to be conservative, but in some issues I have a rather liberal bent that drives the conservatives apeshit. But appreciate it. Now...who the ******** are Michael Steele and Steve Schmidt?

lol Steele is the former head of the RNC, and Schmidt is one of Bush's sr advisors, they're MSNBC's goto conservatives. And your not the only one, just the only one who isn't a complete moron with their head buried in the sand that is fox news.
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger

lol Steele is the former head of the RNC, and Schmidt is one of Bush's sr advisors, they're MSNBC's goto conservatives. And your not the only one, just the only one who isn't a complete moron with their head buried in the sand that is fox news.

Didn't know they went to work as talking heads. Steele got s**t canned, for all intents and purposes, and Schmidt I don't really know a lot of.
I just don't believe one side has all the answers. There's quite a few on the left that I think should be riding the short bus right alongside some of those on the right. You are one of the exceptions, as you and David can actually ave a grown up conversation.
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger

Didn't know they went to work as talking heads. Steele got s**t canned, for all intents and purposes, and Schmidt I don't really know a lot of.
I just don't believe one side has all the answers. There's quite a few on the left that I think should be riding the short bus right alongside some of those on the right. You are one of the exceptions, as you and David can actually ave a grown up conversation.

Yea I'll agree to that, I mean I don't agree with every single policy the dems have and hate every single thing the republicans are for. Just some of the more major things, especially involving religious beliefs and social policy as well as trickle down economics. But at the end of the day I'm just looking to improve my perspective, so if theres an actual intellectual discussion to be had I'm all for it, don't care who's involved ya know.

Newbie Businesswoman

4,900 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Trader 100
Yeah, when people talk about raising the taxes on the wealthy, it's not a huge percent. Not enough to push us higher then europe. Our taxes rates are low enough on the rich, we can bump them up without passing up other 1st world countries.

Although personally, I think we need to start making deals in the UN with other countries regarding tax rates. Tie into our trade deals, "we'll buy your stuff, if your corp tax rate is at least ____"

We need to level the playing field of high end tax rates WORLD WIDE. It's the only way to keep the rich from trying to hide their money.
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger

Yea I'll agree to that, I mean I don't agree with every single policy the dems have and hate every single thing the republicans are for. Just some of the more major things, especially involving religious beliefs and social policy as well as trickle down economics. But at the end of the day I'm just looking to improve my perspective, so if theres an actual intellectual discussion to be had I'm all for it, don't care who's involved ya know.

I believe in hand ups, not hand outs. Not one problem with religious views as long as they don't make them legislative policies.
Trickle down's true meaning has been so convoluted and twisted that today's folks have no ******** clue what it is about, and that is not a shot at you.
Old Blue Collar Joe
I assumed the concept was that by giving those people tax breaks theres more capital to work with for starting companies and CEOs have more capital to hire and purchase assets with for expanding companies. The problem though is that it doesn't quite work out that way for everybody. Some do do that, others just use it to make more money continue to make their companies smaller and outsource jobs for lower labor costs. It seems like its just greed
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
I assumed the concept was that by giving those people tax breaks theres more capital to work with for starting companies and CEOs have more capital to hire and purchase assets with for expanding companies. The problem though is that it doesn't quite work out that way for everybody. Some do do that, others just use it to make more money continue to make their companies smaller and outsource jobs for lower labor costs. It seems like its just greed

Somewhat right. It was more in lines with taxes. By cutting taxes, everyone got a bit more money in their pocket to spend, which forced companies to hire more employee's. Now, let's be blunt. At the time Reagan did it, it worked. The massive outsourcing didn't really start for a while after that.
Companies spent more in taxes because profit margins went up due to increased production, which hired more people, back before it became a liberal talking point that the blue collar workers weren't nearly as important as illegals. (That was a major sore point with Reagan was that amnesty program).
NAFTA was a goat ******** and that goat is still getting ********. Between that and some of the other stupid laws we've had passed, it's been interesting.
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe

Somewhat right. It was more in lines with taxes. By cutting taxes, everyone got a bit more money in their pocket to spend, which forced companies to hire more employee's. Now, let's be blunt. At the time Reagan did it, it worked. The massive outsourcing didn't really start for a while after that.
Companies spent more in taxes because profit margins went up due to increased production, which hired more people, back before it became a liberal talking point that the blue collar workers weren't nearly as important as illegals. (That was a major sore point with Reagan was that amnesty program).
NAFTA was a goat ******** and that goat is still getting ********. Between that and some of the other stupid laws we've had passed, it's been interesting.
I think the concept itself, though plausible at the time has just become another victim of human nature.
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe
S.Lyger
Old Blue Collar Joe

I think the concept itself, though plausible at the time has just become another victim of human nature.

Actually, it worked brilliantly. Unfortunately, he did the same thing Kennedy did when he enacted the plan (contrary to popular myth, Reagan didn't do this first, a democrat icon did), and that Bush did.
Kennedy squandered the newfound revenue on NASA.
Reagan squandered it on Star Wars.
Bush couldn't find any cool s**t to spend it on so he watched Red Dawn and started two wars.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff