Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Noob

Chaos Dirge
Dorkster5000
Chaos Dirge
Dorkster5000
Chaos Dirge
"Yes Virginia, there are idiots everywhere in this country" I think that should be the edited version of there is a Santa Claus...

Can the edited version of your post be a little more genuine and thought provoking?
Nope, I got nothing for this. I mean its pretty obvious there is nothing thought provoking for this topic. so why should I make something thought provoking out of it? The petitions themselves are propaganda... you can't even take them seriously... they were not made by government officials... there was no formal request... Typically a petition like this would be discussed with the members of the state not just slammed on the internet for everyone in the entire United States to sign.

I can take the thought of people seceding seriously but not like this... This kind of thing is the kind of thing Steven Colbert does to make fun of people.

Just so you know, I added the links a couple days after I made this topic, because I found out that some other people thought the same thing. THIS TOPIC IS NOT ABOUT THE PETITIONS. This is me trying to have a serious discussion about challenging our socially ingrained mindset. Here's what everyone SAYS is right, and here is what I feel might ACTUALLY be right. Humor me. Do you agree? Do you disagree? Why? Why the ******** not? Does Steven Colbert's d**k taste good?

Sorry, maybe next time I'll offer a ladder so you can safely get down from your high horse. Or at least a pillow or something.

You assume too much, I'm not on any high horse.. far from the contrary I'm just honest. Sorry but I do quick scans sometimes and you shouldn't have added the petitions when 3 other people brought them up. that right there just devalues the thread.

The only things I feel special about , I still feel special about, if anything from the way you assume about me I'd say that the only thing you've done is dug yourself down rather than dig a ditch for me... but that's unfair I speak harsh because I view everyone at the same level as me.

And really the chart I completely disagree with it. Also, d**k jokes? Really? I wasn't calling you an idiot, I was just referring to the petitions.

Are you referring to when you said this?

"there are idiots everywhere in this country"

Because that was pretty damn unclear.

But when you reinforced the static with ...
"its pretty obvious there is nothing thought provoking for this topic"
and
"This kind of thing is the kind of thing Steven Colbert does to make fun of people."
... all I could see was red.

You know, it's funny. In real life, I am the most patient person in the world, with the exception of when I'm faced with arrogance. That still carries through to the internet, it's just that people are so much more openly arrogant and condescending here. One thing you learn quickly about me is that I don't respond well to that sort of thing.

So we make a full circle. You still haven't told me your thoughts on liberals having a nation to themselves. Your slate is literally clean, I forgive just as quickly as I get fired up. So tell me, what do you believe is the right thing to do in regards to secession?

Dangerous Genius

Dorkster5000
Chaos Dirge
Dorkster5000
Chaos Dirge
Dorkster5000
Chaos Dirge
"Yes Virginia, there are idiots everywhere in this country" I think that should be the edited version of there is a Santa Claus...

Can the edited version of your post be a little more genuine and thought provoking?
Nope, I got nothing for this. I mean its pretty obvious there is nothing thought provoking for this topic. so why should I make something thought provoking out of it? The petitions themselves are propaganda... you can't even take them seriously... they were not made by government officials... there was no formal request... Typically a petition like this would be discussed with the members of the state not just slammed on the internet for everyone in the entire United States to sign.

I can take the thought of people seceding seriously but not like this... This kind of thing is the kind of thing Steven Colbert does to make fun of people.

Just so you know, I added the links a couple days after I made this topic, because I found out that some other people thought the same thing. THIS TOPIC IS NOT ABOUT THE PETITIONS. This is me trying to have a serious discussion about challenging our socially ingrained mindset. Here's what everyone SAYS is right, and here is what I feel might ACTUALLY be right. Humor me. Do you agree? Do you disagree? Why? Why the ******** not? Does Steven Colbert's d**k taste good?

Sorry, maybe next time I'll offer a ladder so you can safely get down from your high horse. Or at least a pillow or something.

You assume too much, I'm not on any high horse.. far from the contrary I'm just honest. Sorry but I do quick scans sometimes and you shouldn't have added the petitions when 3 other people brought them up. that right there just devalues the thread.

The only things I feel special about , I still feel special about, if anything from the way you assume about me I'd say that the only thing you've done is dug yourself down rather than dig a ditch for me... but that's unfair I speak harsh because I view everyone at the same level as me.

And really the chart I completely disagree with it. Also, d**k jokes? Really? I wasn't calling you an idiot, I was just referring to the petitions.

Are you referring to when you said this?

"there are idiots everywhere in this country"

Because that was pretty damn unclear.

But when you reinforced the static with ...
"its pretty obvious there is nothing thought provoking for this topic"
and
"This kind of thing is the kind of thing Steven Colbert does to make fun of people."
... all I could see was red.

You know, it's funny. In real life, I am the most patient person in the world, with the exception of when I'm faced with arrogance. That still carries through to the internet, it's just that people are so much more openly arrogant and condescending here. One thing you learn quickly about me is that I don't respond well to that sort of thing.

So we make a full circle. You still haven't told me your thoughts on liberals having a nation to themselves. Your slate is literally clean, I forgive just as quickly as I get fired up. So tell me, what do you believe is the right thing to do in regards to secession?

Really that kind of depends. I tend to not look into the labels because I've found a lot about what make the parties isn't true to them most of the time... But I think that a country having only one or the other would kind of be a a bad thing, especially the US.
'
If you've been to even a few different states you should be able to tell we have completely different cultures we just don;t always act like it. I think that people just need to spend a bit more time abroad and understand their neighbors. I think that might help just a bit during compromising in congress. Though it probably might be a little hard to handle.

Unholy Abomination

21,900 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Dorkster5000
I found this nifty chart.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It basically states all the views of both parties to a TEE. Here's the thing, we're so separated now. We're more divided on issues now than we have been for a very long time. We may as well be voting on which country we want to live in, instead of who is best suited to lead us. Every time someone from the opposite party wins, we experience some form of culture shock, in a way. I think we should have the freedom to choose what country we live in, not just vote and hope. I want to vote on the best guy for the job, not the only guy who can make the USA "my country." I think it's time for a mass secession for the benefit of BOTH parties. And let's not start a civil war this time, let's agree to disagree, live and let live.

You are not being "forced to live under someone against your will." The President is not a king. He doesn't own you like a serf. If you don't like who he is you have the option of leaving. No one is stopping you people from leaving the country.Feel free to go live somewhere else. Don't tell me that's not possible, because it is. Millions of people emigrate from the United States every year.

Oh, and:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff