Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
rizuhbull
AKB0048
rizuhbull
Conservatives believing in non-governmental interference? That got a chuckle out of me.

So, in otherwords... aliens? Explains a lot.

I'm kidding.
Aliens? What are you talking about? I'm implying Roe V. Wade, DOMA, Marijuana, the military industrial complex, prostitution, etc.

Bolded to explain the joke. And yeah, it's kind of ironic. Conservatives only want lack of governmental interference in the private sectors so corporations can get away with a ton of s**t. But they're perfectly okay with spending governmental money on policies created for religious reasons.

Newbie Businesswoman

4,900 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Trader 100
AKB0048
rizuhbull
AKB0048
rizuhbull
Conservatives believing in non-governmental interference? That got a chuckle out of me.

So, in otherwords... aliens? Explains a lot.

I'm kidding.
Aliens? What are you talking about? I'm implying Roe V. Wade, DOMA, Marijuana, the military industrial complex, prostitution, etc.

Bolded to explain the joke. And yeah, it's kind of ironic. Conservatives only want lack of governmental interference in the private sectors so corporations can get away with a ton of s**t. But they're perfectly okay with spending governmental money on policies created for religious reasons.

Bear in mind, our partys don't like up perfectly with Conservative vs Liberal. Republicans have some libral platforms, and dems have some conservative ones.

Both sides will interfer with your life.

Dems want to interfere in your economic life.
Reps want to interfere in your sex life.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
RS Sailor Black Moon
Bear in mind, our partys don't like up perfectly with Conservative vs Liberal. Republicans have some liberal platforms, and dems have some conservative ones.

I guess that's also a good point. Though, at that last statement, I imagined Romney with a telescope spying on people. Don't ask. rofl

Newbie Businesswoman

4,900 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Trader 100
AKB0048
RS Sailor Black Moon
Bear in mind, our partys don't like up perfectly with Conservative vs Liberal. Republicans have some liberal platforms, and dems have some conservative ones.

I guess that's also a good point. Though, at that last statement, I imagined Romney with a telescope spying on people. Don't ask. rofl

XD

Yeah I don't know whats crawed up where this last election cycle. Reps have always had a vague dislike for sex that they've had the good sense not to make a big issue of. Abortions always been a issue with them, and understandibly so.

but now outta the blue they're attacking Birth Control? Really? xD If you don't like abortion, wouldn't you want everyone who might abort, to use BC?

And then there was this idea to allow abortions in cases of rape, but only after a transvaginal ultrasound, .... Yes, lets force rape victim to shove a camera up in their lady bits. (which if you've ever seen one of these wands, you'd know these things aren't a joke. they're VERY invasive. )

All of this sudden weirdness culminated with these assholes who decided to voice opinions about rape and abortion.

If you're going to make an argument for banning abortion in cases of rape, go from the "innocent life" angle, not the "a womans body can prevent pregnancy in cases of rape, so it obviously wasn't rape" angle. Man I'm glad that guy is gone.

Big Noob

10,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
Dorkster5000
AKB0048
It's called parents. And then when you're 18 you can get this nice thing called a job and move to wherever the hell you want. People who don't like the US are also free to do so. In fact, in the future, I'm considering living in South Korea.

I'm 22 and I've had my share of jobs, thanks. My point is, there's no place to go except here, in America. To my knowledge, no one else has a democratic-republic with two republicans running against each other in office.

So...Does that mean you won't go to a certain country 'cause of how the elect the queen/President?

I'm thinking of moving to the UK, having a queen/king sounds better then having an old rotten president.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Nookimo

So...Does that mean you won't go to a certain country 'cause of how the elect the queen/President?

I'm thinking of moving to the UK, having a queen/king sounds better then having an old rotten president.

Before you go, you might want to check up on that bit about UK history where they're no longer governed by their Queen. And you know... Parliament which works pretty similarly to US Congress. And the Prime Minister which is pretty similar to a President.

Big Noob

10,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
AKB0048
Nookimo

Before you go, you might want to check up on that bit about UK history where they're no longer governed by their Queen. And you know... Parliament which works pretty similarly to US Congress. And the Prime Minister which is pretty similar to a President.

I know all that, but all the US presidents suck nowaday.
That was my point.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Nookimo

That was my point.

What makes you think you'd be happier in the UK then? Their political system is not that much different from the US.

Big Noob

10,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
AKB0048
Nookimo

That was my point.

What makes you think you'd be happier in the UK then? Their political system is not that much different from the US.

Because I don't like either Barack obama nor Mitt Romney nor Gary Johnson and I didn't like them last 4 years either.
At least in the UK, unless the queen or one of her sons die, you know what you are going to get.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Nookimo
[Because I don't like either Barack obama nor Mitt Romney nor Gary Johnson and I didn't like them last 4 years either.
At least in the UK, unless the queen or one of her sons die, you know what you are going to get.

Um... no. Royal family has very little pull in the government. They vote for their Prime Minister in the same way we vote for a President. And I thought you just said you had some idea of how the UK government works. And yet this statement blatantly contradicts that.

Big Noob

10,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
AKB0048
Nookimo
[Because I don't like either Barack obama nor Mitt Romney nor Gary Johnson and I didn't like them last 4 years either.

Um... no. Royal family has very little pull in the government. They vote for their Prime Minister in the same way we vote for a President. And I thought you just said you had some idea of how the UK government works. And yet this statement blatantly contradicts that.

Yes, but they are still the one in supreme power. Its like saying that Mitt Romney does not do anything and Paul Ryan is the one with power.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Nookimo

Yes, but they are still the one in supreme power. Its like saying that Mitt Romney does not do anything and Paul Ryan is the one with power.

No. They really don't. That's like saying Japan's still ruled by their emperor. Royal family serves only as a figurehead. They literally do not decide anything. sweatdrop
Queen Harley
Equinoxious
Kiumaru
Equinoxious
WHY ARE THE COLORS REVERSED

Outside of the US, red is left, blue is right. There's a chart with flipped colors for the US on the site as well.

I did not know that! Gosh we just have to be a special little snowflake with our party colors and our measuring system

Don't forget our driving.

We just have to do everything we can to tick off all the other countries. No wonder we don't get invited to the slumber parties.
What about our driving? Roughly 70% of the world drives on the right.

Dapper Noob

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
"Don't interfere with social lives."
"Prevent gay marriage."

We're doing something wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items