Welcome to Gaia! ::

Confident Genius

Does Romney give anyone else a really creepy feeling when you see him?

Not because of his stances on anything either. I usually view most politicians and politics in general with indifference.

Usually anything I think of presidential candidates goes no further than 'Another guy who leaves little to no impression on me. Carry on as usual.'

(Though I do recall thinking Clinton was going to be a groovy guy when those elections were going on during my youth and they were discussing it in elementary school. No idea what his stances were at the time, he just gave me that kind of feeling when I saw his picture.)

But with this guy, looking at him literally makes me feel nervous. Like, if I were sitting next to him on a bus, I would feel like I should move as soon as possible.

So is it really just me, or does he give anyone else that strange vibe?

Liberal Voter

I think that way, but only because I've been conditioned by the media to believe he's a sinister ********. If he actually had worthwhile proposals, I could imagine him as a groovy guy like Clinton. He'd make a good car salesman.
even the cutest cancer kid in a wheelchair can have that affect on you; the only difference is that Romney is a sexist liar who thinks with his wallet and not with his heart or head and that's a really big difference from a cute little cancer kid in a wheelchair.

seriously, if you have a rape whistle and he's near you, I'd suggest readying that whistle.

Confident Genius

ChemicalDistress
I think that way, but only because I've been conditioned by the media to believe he's a sinister ********. If he actually had worthwhile proposals, I could imagine him as a groovy guy like Clinton. He'd make a good car salesman.
That's a shame.

I don't really have access to much media myself beyond internet, (and I stopped visiting news sites years ago because all they ever did was depress me) so I usually have no clue what's going on. But he still just makes me feel weird when I see pictures of him around or he's on TV talking when I visit relatives. ._.

It'd suck if he were really a nice guy and still creeped me out this much.

Maybe there's something about the way his face is somehow. I dunno. It's weird.
every time i see romeny i get a cold feeling in my heart. this one time he turned in the screen and looked at me. right into my eyes.
"Bertslurp." he said in a cold, deep voice; hundreds of voices behind it, echoing him. saying those words were all the souls he has sucked.
his eyes melted and his hands slowly reached out and throttled me.
i am a ghsot

Aged Millionaire

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
Well he's a Mormon that's why, if I offended any Mormons present well too bad!!!
Freedom of speech.
malavaes
Well he's a Mormon that's why, if I offended any Mormons present well too bad!!!
Freedom of speech.
freedom of speech goes both ways; you're wrong for offending others.

Shameless Enabler

10,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
He's creepy cause he's evil.

Profitable Consumer

7,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
He didn't downright creep me out or anything. I did think he wore a peculiar expression on his face. What popped into my imagination was that this could have been a guy who has already run for class president in grade school. That idea made it weird to look at his face.

Profitable Consumer

7,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
2pound
malavaes
Freedom of speech.
That's not what freedom of speech is about. It's about people saying what they want (unless it's lies about a person's deeds), and not getting jailed or sentenced to death for it. He can say dumb things about mormons, and the protection of free speech does indeed mean that anyone just sort of has to live with it, as long as he's not saying it on your private property. I agree it's wrong to offend people unnecessarily, but that has nothing to do with free speech.

Conservative Genius

8,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
its just you.

Gekko

4,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
Sinivar

User Image

It's his odd eyebrow and creepy smile combination.

Aged Millionaire

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
2pound
malavaes
Freedom of speech.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
I can say what ever I want man. This ain't Soviet Russia. You gonna send some MIB after me in the middle of the night for expressing my semi-offensive belief that you are hating on just for the sole purpose of going against something and letting it be known that you know loop holes in the law. xD
malavaes
2pound
malavaes
Freedom of speech.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
I can say what ever I want man. This ain't Soviet Russia. You gonna send some MIB after me in the middle of the night for expressing my semi-offensive belief that you are hating on just for the sole purpose of going against something and letting it be known that you know loop holes in the law. xD
SonoftheBird
2pound
malavaes
Freedom of speech.
That's not what freedom of speech is about. It's about people saying what they want (unless it's lies about a person's deeds), and not getting jailed or sentenced to death for it. He can say dumb things about mormons, and the protection of free speech does indeed mean that anyone just sort of has to live with it, as long as he's not saying it on your private property. I agree it's wrong to offend people unnecessarily, but that has nothing to do with free speech.

notice how both of you just tried to crucify me for assuming that I was trying to shoot down the right of freedom of speech; I'm saying, freedom of speech is the right that is given to you to say what you like, however, it doesn't mean that whatever you say is right and that it doesn't bring consequences; I have the same freedom of speech to call you out on being offensive and wrong.

which i did. if you keep pressing me about "me shooting freedom of speech down" you missed the point and you're duuuuumb.

Aged Millionaire

4,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
2pound
malavaes
2pound
malavaes
Freedom of speech.

SonoftheBird
2pound
malavaes
Freedom of speech.

notice how both of you just tried to crucify me for assuming that I was trying to shoot down the right of freedom of speech; I'm saying, freedom of speech is the right that is given to you to say what you like, however, it doesn't mean that whatever you say is right and that it doesn't bring consequences; I have the same freedom of speech to call you out on being offensive and wrong.

which i did. if you keep pressing me about "me shooting freedom of speech down" you missed the point and you're duuuuumb.

And you missed the point that I didn't "shoot down" your freedom of speech either I just called you a very pretentious douche.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff