Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Darling

ZaedKai
I'm starting to get the feeling we agree on more than we disagree on. I guess I like public broadcasting because I don't trust private entities to remain unbiased, and I guess you like private broadcasting because you put your faith in the private sector to remain cutting edge and relevant in ways government cannot compete with. I respect both views, but I personally feel like PBS is a small thing that does great good, and it's a shame it's even being considered for cuts. :B

Also yes, I adore DARPA too. Praise be to the internet creators, and all that jazz. I also like the VA and the Coast Guard Regional Readiness Initiatives. My partner is a former Marine and defense spending is part of why his life is the way it is now. We have a lot of good things covered by defense spending, but a lot of other not so good things too. I feel like it might be digging up s**t for the sake of digging up s**t if I were to mention Halliburton and start throwing the Sherman Anti-Trust Act at your face so let's just leave it at that. The sad thing is, we throw more money than we need to at contractors that work with the military all the time, it isn't an isolated thing. I'd love to see a comprehensive review and restructure of defense spending, and have the deliciously good things written in as line items in a defense budget and the rest of it be subject to substantial cuts. -shrugs- A free market system with due competition would be fantastic here, but public education and public programming are kind of sacred.

Combative Businessman

Marrionetta
ZaedKai
I'm starting to get the feeling we agree on more than we disagree on. I guess I like public broadcasting because I don't trust private entities to remain unbiased, and I guess you like private broadcasting because you put your faith in the private sector to remain cutting edge and relevant in ways government cannot compete with. I respect both views, but I personally feel like PBS is a small thing that does great good, and it's a shame it's even being considered for cuts. :B

Also yes, I adore DARPA too. Praise be to the internet creators, and all that jazz. I also like the VA and the Coast Guard Regional Readiness Initiatives. My partner is a former Marine and defense spending is part of why his life is the way it is now. We have a lot of good things covered by defense spending, but a lot of other not so good things too. I feel like it might be digging up s**t for the sake of digging up s**t if I were to mention Halliburton and start throwing the Sherman Anti-Trust Act at your face so let's just leave it at that. The sad thing is, we throw more money than we need to at contractors that work with the military all the time, it isn't an isolated thing. I'd love to see a comprehensive review and restructure of defense spending, and have the deliciously good things written in as line items in a defense budget and the rest of it be subject to substantial cuts. -shrugs- A free market system with due competition would be fantastic here, but public education and public programming are kind of sacred.

You are the second person today I've responded to in order to get into a fight with someone significantly less intelligent than me and significantly more irrational. I've been disappointed both times. I also am starting to feel we have more in common than not. //sigh...

Like I said before, you've found my weakness, because I do think some of the military budget could, and should, be cut. Also, I would regulate and be more careful with the use of contractors in tangent with our military (are they even necessary?) also. They earn too much and have been partially responsible for some of the darkest times in our nation's history (Abu Ghraib, that rape incident, etc).

As for PBS, it's so small and has been running so long (with some ... sorta... maybe.. kinda ... decent programing) that I wouldn't even mind letting it run. But by no means should we spend too much on it. Unfortunately, you raise a bunch of good points that I will concede and/or respect.
It's been good arguing with ya. X)
i am a swagger jacker
you would re-elect Obama

he doubled funding for pell grants
investing in the future = investing in students and combating ridiculous college costs so we aren't entering the job market with debt right off the bat
What job market? Or are you talking about working at Walmart or McDonalds? What exactly does America make? Can you show me anything in your house that was made in America?
ZaedKai
Marrionetta
ZaedKai

You are the second person today I've responded to in order to get into a fight with someone significantly less intelligent than me and significantly more irrational. I've been disappointed both times. I also am starting to feel we have more in common than not. //sigh...

Like I said before, you've found my weakness, because I do think some of the military budget could, and should, be cut. Also, I would regulate and be more careful with the use of contractors in tangent with our military (are they even necessary?) also. They earn too much and have been partially responsible for some of the darkest times in our nation's history (Abu Ghraib, that rape incident, etc).

As for PBS, it's so small and has been running so long (with some ... sorta... maybe.. kinda ... decent programing) that I wouldn't even mind letting it run. But by no means should we spend too much on it. Unfortunately, you raise a bunch of good points that I will concede and/or respect.

What a pathetic condescending person you are.
More Irrational?

You're the one who claimed Rush Limbaugh isn't as bad as he seems. LOL what a joke you are.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Slayer Seven
AKB0048
Slayer Seven
so your ganna let government decide that instead of the doctors you choose? because then it becomes an industry, and you will be shuffled through a long line to be flipped like burgers with poorly educated doctors because their pay will be reduced to minimum wage along with standards.... you know its also mandatory to be chipped with an rfid tracking device too right? srsy read the bill

Health insurance is already an industry. In fact, one of the highest earning industries in the US and healthcare is 4x more costly than the rest of the Western world.

And no. You should read the bill. The microchip bit is a "creation of a registry to record the serial numbers of devices implanted with patients' consent, such as pacemakers, to assist in tracking their effectiveness and in finding patients when manufacturer recalls are required."
and which category do you feel they will file you under...
class 1, 2 or 3?

If you're trying to show an example of how conservatives tend to be crazy and uneducated, you're doing a good job of it.

5,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
MinnieMay

What dose that have to do with the person that just spent 6 years in school and have nothing to show for it now? When it's you that walks in to the community college. When it's you sign all the paper work and you say this is what I want to take this class. Cool more power to you but in the end. When you get out and have to flip hamburgers at what point do I really have to feel sorry for you? When you can't pay back that 6 years. It's called being a gown up no one forced you to do it. People can go and be an apprentice yes you don't get paid for 2 years but in the end of the 2 years you can get paid.

So do you feel that education should only be for the privileged? Do you believe in class stagnation and that the poor should stay poor and shouldn't be given opportunities that the rich can afford?

Because I sure as hell don't. If I did, I'd live in China.

And by the way, looking at how you write, state-funded education could probably do you a world of good.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
szechuan86
Easiest way?

Expand Medi-care for all.

Except conservatives want to cut medicaid. Having affordable health insurance is evil, makes Jesus sad, is Communist, and allows Sheniqua and Jose to live high on the hog while families that make 500k a year slave away at eating 50k steak.

Slayer Seven
maybe we should stop placing bets with the insurance company's and figure out another way to provide health care instead of allowing one persons we vote for come up with some outrageous plan that forces us into regulated heath care...

Except conservatives don't want health care reform. They don't want to mess with the health insurance companies either.

And what exactly is bad about regulated health care again? Do you want to one day wake up with a sponge in your lung? Despite what the crazies might tell you, government regulation isn't evil. Actually, the health care industry could use more regulation so we don't see s**t like this.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Or get stats like this
Quote:
In 2009, Americans spent $7,960 per person on health care. Our neighbors in Canada spent $4,808. The Germans spent $4,218. The French, $3,978. If we had the per-person costs of any of those countries, America’s deficits would vanish. Workers would have much more money in their pockets. Our economy would grow more quickly, as our exports would be more competitive.

Ruthless Pirate

szechuan86
Slayer Seven
AKB0048
Slayer Seven

heres the link... http://thecollegeconservative.com/2012/07/18/obamacare-medical-misery-for-americas-college-students/

Um... a lot of students need healthcare. Buying it through school is extremely expensive in most cases (my school it was $500 for two month period, and that was the cheapest plan they had).

"Freedom of choice"? You mean the freedom to be in a state of risk where if you got seriously sick or in an accident that you'd have a good chance of going broke? People don't refuse to buy health insurance because they don't want to. People don't buy it because they can't afford it. Making healthcare more affordable is a step in the right direction.

Most people get health insurance through employee benefits. But not all employers provide these benefits and some employers don't provide good enough benefits.
maybe we should stop placing bets with the insurance company's and figure out another way to provide health care instead of allowing one persons we vote for come up with some outrageous plan that forces us into regulated heath care...

Easiest way?

Obamacare dumps an additional 19.6 million Americans into Medicaid. On average, Medicaid physician payments are only 56 percent of what private insurance pays. Lower payment rates already discourage doctors from accepting Medicaid beneficiaries, which has lead to access issues and hospital emergency room overcrowding. As more patients enroll in this broken program, it will place even more financial strain on physicians who treat them. Doctors will be faced with the decision to either discontinue treating Medicaid patients or accept even more patients at the lower payment rate.

Dapper Darling

ZaedKai
Marrionetta
ZaedKai

Likewise! And I'll take the compliment where I can get it, thanks man.

Learned Bunny

17,200 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I believe that every needs an education. I come from a lower middle class family and I made sure that I got scholorships for college. They are still paying for some of it but not the full tuition. I went to a private college for two semesters and seen many girls who seemed to not want to take college seriously. Some I wonder how they even was expected in to a private college. I transfered cause I could not take the atmosphere anymore and was still undecided major, still I do not no what I am going to do with my life, want a well paying job, just don't know what I want. Yes, everyone needs an education but are they commited to study and take college seriously?

Ruthless Pirate

AKB0048
Slayer Seven
AKB0048
Slayer Seven
so your ganna let government decide that instead of the doctors you choose? because then it becomes an industry, and you will be shuffled through a long line to be flipped like burgers with poorly educated doctors because their pay will be reduced to minimum wage along with standards.... you know its also mandatory to be chipped with an rfid tracking device too right? srsy read the bill

Health insurance is already an industry. In fact, one of the highest earning industries in the US and healthcare is 4x more costly than the rest of the Western world.

And no. You should read the bill. The microchip bit is a "creation of a registry to record the serial numbers of devices implanted with patients' consent, such as pacemakers, to assist in tracking their effectiveness and in finding patients when manufacturer recalls are required."
and which category do you feel they will file you under...
class 1, 2 or 3?

If you're trying to show an example of how conservatives tend to be crazy and uneducated, you're doing a good job of it.
srsly...you read the bill, what class do you think you will fall under? just the billing personal info class 2 or...when you decided you dont like your treatment options and they decide to put you under the mandatory itemized class3...

Wheezing Gawker

MinnieMay
theEmocarebear
MinnieMay
I don't feel bad for people that say I want to go to school. Look at the price and say yeah I will pay that and in the end say I can't pay that some other person should have to pay for it. You went to school you wanted to go to school. That's all on you not me.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

That said, schooling should be jacked up to the point where students can't afford it without going into massive debt.

With Romney planning on cutting a lot of federal scholarships, he's taking away a lot of chances for people to go to school & be financially successful afterwards. User Image

how about you get to why schools cost so much? how about we work on getting the price down and not just covering it up with a band aid.

But how are you going to cut prices without more funding? The vast majority of college professors make s**t for money, and giving power to the small city of buildings isn't cheap either. Where do you think the tuition goes? It's that high for a reason. It sucks, but the solution isn't that easy.

Ruthless Pirate

AKB0048
szechuan86
Easiest way?

Except conservatives want to cut medicaid. Having affordable health insurance is evil, makes Jesus sad, is Communist, and allows Sheniqua and Jose to live high on the hog while families that make 500k a year slave away at eating 50k steak.

Slayer Seven

Except conservatives don't want health care reform. They don't want to mess with the health insurance companies either.

And what exactly is bad about regulated health care again? Do you want to one day wake up with a sponge in your lung? Despite what the crazies might tell you, government regulation isn't evil. Actually, the health care industry could use more regulation so we don't see s**t like this.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Or get stats like this
Quote:
In 2009, Americans spent $7,960 per person on health care. Our neighbors in Canada spent $4,808. The Germans spent $4,218. The French, $3,978. If we had the per-person costs of any of those countries, America’s deficits would vanish. Workers would have much more money in their pockets. Our economy would grow more quickly, as our exports would be more competitive.
we could actual take lessons from candida..did you not see what happened to industry/economy when federal government decided to regulate it? (tent city's)
today I can also sue the doctor who leaves a sponge in my lungs, on the one in a billion chance that will happen...but when the federal government decides to regulate...instead of the state or the ppl...we end up with tiered, poorly educated doctors, leaving sponges in every other patent, with no options to sue...no ways to upgrade, because everything then becomes standard practice and thats the way it will be...its ok for every one to use a standard cat 9 cable to plug their dsl into, but due to religious beliefs, diversity in treatment opinions, you can not regulate individual human rights...I will NOT be filed under class 3 obamantation to be rfid chipped, when they decided im mentally unstable because id rather use baking soda on my teeth than fluoride ridden tooth paste....these are called choices/liberty...this does not mean, we dont have standards exclaim
I have a brain and I choose Romney over Obama any day. You need to change your topic to "if you don't have a brain you need to re-elect Obama"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff