Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fatcat

you would re-elect Obama

he doubled funding for pell grants
investing in the future = investing in students and combating ridiculous college costs so we aren't entering the job market with debt right off the bat

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Considering Romney's earlier comments about education not being necessary for everyone, students would be rather dumb to vote for a man who doesn't readily support education. User Image

Kawaii Nerd

Im not gonna be able to go to college if romney wins.. people that can vote for pete sake dont make this worst for the upcoming college students

Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye..
I don't feel bad for people that say I want to go to school. Look at the price and say yeah I will pay that and in the end say I can't pay that some other person should have to pay for it. You went to school you wanted to go to school. That's all on you not me.

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
MinnieMay
I don't feel bad for people that say I want to go to school. Look at the price and say yeah I will pay that and in the end say I can't pay that some other person should have to pay for it. You went to school you wanted to go to school. That's all on you not me.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

That said, schooling should be jacked up to the point where students can't afford it without going into massive debt.

With Romney planning on cutting a lot of federal scholarships, he's taking away a lot of chances for people to go to school & be financially successful afterwards. User Image

Kawaii Nerd

MinnieMay

Do you understand how high college is now a days? I would need to rely on scholarships/jobs and I hope I never do...loans, there are people my mom's age that are still paying student debt..

theEmocarebear
MinnieMay

User Image
User ImageUser Image

That said, schooling should be jacked up to the point where students can't afford it without going into massive debt.

With Romney planning on cutting a lot of federal scholarships, he's taking away a lot of chances for people to go to school & be financially successful afterwards. User Image

how about you get to why schools cost so much? how about we work on getting the price down and not just covering it up with a band aid.

Fatcat

MinnieMay
theEmocarebear
MinnieMay

User Image
User ImageUser Image

how about you get to why schools cost so much? how about we work on getting the price down and not just covering it up with a band aid.
go read op again plz

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
MinnieMay

User Image
User ImageUser Image

That needs to be fixed,too. I agree with you on that.

I do understand that upkeep of a school costs a lot, as does paying for great teachers . . . but there's a lot of money that seems to go into unnecessary stuff, and until that is lowered, scholarships are the best way to make up that difference in an inflated economy.

Nothing good is free.User Image

Sparkly Citizen

Hopefully people will be watching this debate and realize how ridiculous Romney is acting and how he is continuously contradicting everything he has said contrary to tonight and how he apparently doesn't understand how math works.

Playful Guildswoman

CarlaaEfronn
MinnieMay

Do you understand how high college is now a days? I would need to rely on scholarships/jobs and I hope I never do...loans, there are people my mom's age that are still paying student debt..

And that's when loans had reasonable terms...

Playful Guildswoman

Clarion Raze
Hopefully people will be watching this debate and realize how ridiculous Romney is acting and how he is continuously contradicting everything he has said contrary to tonight and how he apparently doesn't understand how math works.

Somebody told him to use his words in kindergarten and never told him math was necessary too? And he doesn't think everyone needs college? Well - without the proper foundation, college is a waste of time and money. But does Romney say we need to rebuild our educational system? No, he says not everyone needs to complete their education....ew1

Kawaii Nerd

jellykans

I know but right now emotion_facepalm I hope that will not have to face with a loan, Im doing very well with school, last year of highschool but I feel that I need deeper pockets to go college..

Playful Guildswoman

CarlaaEfronn
jellykans

I know but right now emotion_facepalm I hope that will not have to face with a loan, Im doing very well with school, last year of highschool but I feel that I need deeper pockets to go college..

Hold onto this link - it's a scholarship list that was updated in January 2012. Most of them have application deadlines from January on. Good luck!

And yes, you are wise to avoid debt as much as you can. sometimes you can get loan payments reimbursed for work in your field after graduation (teaching, doctor) and get 1/2 or more covered. Even so, best not to borrow more than you need to, the unexpected can always happen.

One thing, though - the semester I couldn't work, my gpa went up a letter grade. (You usually get a financial aid job as well as a loan and maybe a grant from Student Aid.)

Oops! Here's the link: Scholarships
To tell the true, I don't really like either one of them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff