< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Barton Elder

29,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
iBlowj0b
Cissy-Chan
He will be able to present a bill that bans gay marraige, BUT. I doubt that it would pass. I'm conservative and I would not support that (yay for being the sole Romney vote in the poll!). Gay marraige is like abortion, its a super complicated issue and everyone has an opinion on it and I dont think we're ever going to come to a consenus on it. Pot will get legalized long long before gay marraige or abortion are resolved.

Oh okay, I understand now :}
And thanks for your stance on Gay Marriage !

Yup.

Adorable Bear

40,500 Points
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
NaziNekoNiki
iCo-kie
NaziNekoNiki
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Y U NO totally made my day

All Americans know (or should know) that there is a third party but no one ever goes there because they think a vote for a third party would be a wasted vote.

That's the sad thing America as a whole is just plain ignorant. Instead of educating themselves about the issues, they listen to the bullshit on tv or word of mouth.
NaziNekoNiki

All Americans know (or should know) that there is a third party but no one ever goes there because they think a vote for a third party would be a wasted vote.

There are usually three or four "third" parties, aren't there? The only time most people find out about them, though, are when they see unfamiliar names on the ballot. It's unfortunate none of those parties ever quite makes it to the 5% vote they would need to have a chance in the following campaign.

Adorable Bear

40,500 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
Cissy-Chan
iBlowj0b
Cissy-Chan
He will be able to present a bill that bans gay marraige, BUT. I doubt that it would pass. I'm conservative and I would not support that (yay for being the sole Romney vote in the poll!). Gay marraige is like abortion, its a super complicated issue and everyone has an opinion on it and I dont think we're ever going to come to a consenus on it. Pot will get legalized long long before gay marraige or abortion are resolved.

Oh okay, I understand now :}
And thanks for your stance on Gay Marriage !

Yup.

Yuck, I hate how people call it Gay marriage.... marriage equality because there is no gay mowing the lawn or gay grocery shopping.
Babd
NaziNekoNiki

There are usually three or four "third" parties, aren't there? The only time most people find out about them, though, are when they see unfamiliar names on the ballot. It's unfortunate none of those parties ever quite makes it to the 5% vote they would need to have a chance in the following campaign.

gary johnson can do it. gary johnson 2016
logan the god of candy
Babd
NaziNekoNiki

If I agree with the positions and proposed policies of a candidate, and am not dissuaded by prior political moves, I will vote for them, regardless of party affiliation.
Babd
logan the god of candy
Babd
NaziNekoNiki

If I agree with the positions and proposed policies of a candidate, and am not dissuaded by prior political moves, I will vote for them, regardless of party affiliation.

so, gary johnson gets your vote to 5%?
logan the god of candy
Babd
logan the god of candy
Babd
NaziNekoNiki

so, gary johnson gets your vote to 5%?

I'm not advertising my voting (whole) plan on Gaia. But I didn't say it. >>

Pure-hearted Guardian

36,840 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Magical Gems 500
With congress on his side, yes.

Sex Symbol

kitten tea
GET YOUR

He will repeal everything. He believes in traditional marriage between a man and a woman.

CRAYON

YES

GET YOUR CRAYON

G-Dragon ferever..... <3

Sexy Goat

13,650 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
iCo-kie
NaziNekoNiki
iCo-kie
NaziNekoNiki
User Image

That's the sad thing America as a whole is just plain ignorant. Instead of educating themselves about the issues, they listen to the bullshit on tv or word of mouth.

I voted third party, though. 3nodding

Desirable Flatterer

10,650 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
i Would vote diedrich for presdint >>...
btw they were gonna fire big bird...To lower the states debt!
mitt romney was gonna do that dont let me him into office
OR BIG BIRD GOES :C

Sexy Goat

13,650 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
Babd
NaziNekoNiki

Yup. You can vote Communist if you want. They probably won't win or even get 5% but you can do that.

Adorable Bear

40,500 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
NaziNekoNiki
iCo-kie
NaziNekoNiki
iCo-kie
NaziNekoNiki
User Image

I voted third party, though. 3nodding

Super.
Anything is better than Mittens.

Man-Hungry Loverboy

15,650 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Millionaire 200
iBlowj0b
So I was just wondering, being the sheltered child that I am,
if Romney does become president,
will he be able to ban Gay marriage everywhere?
Even in those states that already have it legalized?

I wanna be able to marry the one I Love when I'm older
So kinda worried sweatdrop

This is a big topic to a lot of teenagers lately, including me cause I want to be able to marry the one i love, which is a girl. Anyways, The president really doesn't have absolute power over marriage rights, or at least, i thought it was the STATE legislation that had power over that. Then again, if you look at their campaigns, both presidents talk about things they cant ultimately control, either its the states / national governments job, or the president has to get a lot of approval to get it signed into actual law.

In the long run, id support Romney. I don't like his views on parenthood and gay marriage, but honestly Obama hasn't been getting much done; In my opinion his only accomplishment was pulling our troops out of Iraq and the other surrounding countries. My biggest complaint on Obama would be Obamacare. It means EVERYONE has to have health care, whether you like it or not, and in 2014 you will have to pay a fine if you don't have it, which a lot of Americans who don't get Health care through work or can't afford to pay it on their own, will have to pay a fine till they actually buy it. To me, I though the law said it couldn't make us buy something we didn't want to buy.

But mainly, don't worry about the ban on Gay marriage. It is mostly states choices to have it or not. ^^ If Romney is president, He has the right to write up a bill banning it, but i don't think Senate would end up passing it anyways ; u ; So mostly it falls onto the Congress in this case. (sorry i said a lot, i never get to voice my opinions on these things and this is my first time in this forum xD)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff