Welcome to Gaia! ::

Call Me Apple 's avatar

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Amaterasu Ink
FenixMaiden88
I am so moving to Canada if Obama isn't elected. Free healthcare for all, marriage equality isn't an issue of morals anymore and the only draw back is the stupid cold weather. So I am moving to a whole other country if the bigot that is Romney is elected.


Your plan isn't going to work. I also was planning to move to Canada if Obama isn't re-elected.But Canada is gonna tighten their borders to stop Americans from coming into the country, Unless you have family there, going to college, or having a talent they need (Such as being a doctor.) You can't admit to the country. Where do I get this information from you say?

Here

I personally am going to school in another country or something. Otherwise were all screwed.


Thats actually how hard it is to get into most countries.
How do I know this? My husband is an immigrant. If he wasn't married to me he wouldnt have had a chance.
Madame Superfluous's avatar

Fashionable Genius

-Yuui-TR-Flourite-
Istoleyourtaco
shadowfox AnDe
I don't know if you read the actual 1000 page document known as Obamacare but it actually doesn't make everyone covered it merely forces everyone to buy health care or face a hefty fine . So It will add millions of patients to the health system now and no nurses, doctors, orderlies or pharmacists. Many Health workers will take a cut in pay and have triple or more work to do . Not to metion if this health care is so great why is it that so many suporters of it have been given and/or given free passes so that they are not included in it. Also it was passed with out a single person ever reading it and when the dems. were in the majority of the house,senate, and controled the white house . In all this Healthcare plan Is sh*t and can be done alot better instead of being sneeky and shoving through when no one even has a chance to read it .


My health insurance is messing with my diabetic supplies, I'm a type 1.
They made cuts on my test stripes to 100, with a type 1.
We test our blood a lot.
They recently decided to cut me from the supplies for my insulin pen.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Instead of taking just two of these for my long term at 10am & 10pm.

-Below-


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'll be taking these for my short term too for meals.
I'm in good health not over weight.
Those needles can bruise.

Type 1 Diabetic as well. Can't get a pump because of my insurance. I was still getting billed for hospital visits two years ago from visits that happened five to ten years ago.
My pen needles are fifty dollars.
My insulin's ninety.

With the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the insurance will stop labeling me as a "pre-existing condition". Which will help lower the costs of my healthcare.
Dionysus VI's avatar

Tipsy Sex Symbol

9,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
I want Obama to win, But if Romney wins then i'll take notes on every success and flaw he gets acknowledged for.
-Yuui-TR-Flourite-'s avatar

Friendly Mage

11,000 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Madame Superfluous
-Yuui-TR-Flourite-
Istoleyourtaco
shadowfox AnDe
I don't know if you read the actual 1000 page document known as Obamacare but it actually doesn't make everyone covered it merely forces everyone to buy health care or face a hefty fine . So It will add millions of patients to the health system now and no nurses, doctors, orderlies or pharmacists. Many Health workers will take a cut in pay and have triple or more work to do . Not to metion if this health care is so great why is it that so many suporters of it have been given and/or given free passes so that they are not included in it. Also it was passed with out a single person ever reading it and when the dems. were in the majority of the house,senate, and controled the white house . In all this Healthcare plan Is sh*t and can be done alot better instead of being sneeky and shoving through when no one even has a chance to read it .


My health insurance is messing with my diabetic supplies, I'm a type 1.
They made cuts on my test stripes to 100, with a type 1.
We test our blood a lot.
They recently decided to cut me from the supplies for my insulin pen.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Instead of taking just two of these for my long term at 10am & 10pm.

-Below-


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'll be taking these for my short term too for meals.
I'm in good health not over weight.
Those needles can bruise.

Type 1 Diabetic as well. Can't get a pump because of my insurance. I was still getting billed for hospital visits two years ago from visits that happened five to ten years ago.
My pen needles are fifty dollars.
My insulin's ninety.

With the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the insurance will stop labeling me as a "pre-existing condition". Which will help lower the costs of my healthcare.


^^'

I've been a diabetic since 2003, I've been using those Flexpens since that you can reload.
My doctor is trying to push me into getting the pump.
I kept ed declining it because I was afraid of something happening to it, me somewhere.
With no hospital anywhere near by.
I was doing just fine handling my blood, now I'm getting older.
It's getting a little harder.
I'm his favorite patient, he believes I can handle the pump, will be happier.
I've never went into a coma.
When I first came down with it, lost weight, throwing up, always hungry, using the bathroom more than normal.
I remember begging to be taken to the hospital laying down on the couch.
I was so weak.
I needed help to walk to the car, out of the car.
I was fighting to stay awake.
They thought I was sticking my finger in my mouth until they tested my blood sugar, it was off the charts, was surprised I was still awake.
Thinking back.
I should have got the pump.
Now I'm trying, they'll probably decline me.
Madame Superfluous's avatar

Fashionable Genius

-Yuui-TR-Flourite-
Madame Superfluous
-Yuui-TR-Flourite-
Istoleyourtaco
shadowfox AnDe
I don't know if you read the actual 1000 page document known as Obamacare but it actually doesn't make everyone covered it merely forces everyone to buy health care or face a hefty fine . So It will add millions of patients to the health system now and no nurses, doctors, orderlies or pharmacists. Many Health workers will take a cut in pay and have triple or more work to do . Not to metion if this health care is so great why is it that so many suporters of it have been given and/or given free passes so that they are not included in it. Also it was passed with out a single person ever reading it and when the dems. were in the majority of the house,senate, and controled the white house . In all this Healthcare plan Is sh*t and can be done alot better instead of being sneeky and shoving through when no one even has a chance to read it .


My health insurance is messing with my diabetic supplies, I'm a type 1.
They made cuts on my test stripes to 100, with a type 1.
We test our blood a lot.
They recently decided to cut me from the supplies for my insulin pen.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Instead of taking just two of these for my long term at 10am & 10pm.

-Below-


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'll be taking these for my short term too for meals.
I'm in good health not over weight.
Those needles can bruise.

Type 1 Diabetic as well. Can't get a pump because of my insurance. I was still getting billed for hospital visits two years ago from visits that happened five to ten years ago.
My pen needles are fifty dollars.
My insulin's ninety.

With the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the insurance will stop labeling me as a "pre-existing condition". Which will help lower the costs of my healthcare.


^^'

I've been a diabetic since 2003, I've been using those Flexpens since that you can reload.
My doctor is trying to push me into getting the pump.
I kept ed declining it because I was afraid of something happening to it, me somewhere.
With no hospital anywhere near by.
I was doing just fine handling my blood, now I'm getting older.
It's getting a little harder.
I'm his favorite patient, he believes I can handle the pump, will be happier.
I've never went into a coma.
When I first came down with it, lost weight, throwing up, always hungry, using the bathroom more than normal.
I remember begging to be taken to the hospital laying down on the couch.
I was so weak.
I needed help to walk to the car, out of the car.
I was fighting to stay awake.
They thought I was sticking my finger in my mouth until they tested my blood sugar, it was off the charts, was surprised I was still awake.
Thinking back.
I should have got the pump.
Now I'm trying, they'll probably decline me.

I was seven and a half when I was diagnosed (and just my luck, it started around Christmas), and I remember how scary that was. Five years later, I came down with Ketone Acidosis and was twenty-five minutes from dying. (Luckily, the emergency room at the hospital recognized that I needed immediate attention).
Those were my only two diabetes-related hospital trips, but the bills were really high and I was extremely lucky to be rushed into the hospital from the emergency room. I always fear for others going through the same thing.
And insurance is always difficult for my family because of my "pre-existing condition". I can't wait for all the benefits PPAACA will bring to people with diseases like this. I've heard Romney say only a little of what I liked that referred to his health care plan, but I think Obama has a much better future planned for our healthcare. I'm scared of what might happen if they give us this little glimmer of hope with "Obamacare" and then take it away because Republicans took over office.
-Yuui-TR-Flourite-'s avatar

Friendly Mage

11,000 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Madame Superfluous
-Yuui-TR-Flourite-
Madame Superfluous
-Yuui-TR-Flourite-
Istoleyourtaco
shadowfox AnDe
I don't know if you read the actual 1000 page document known as Obamacare but it actually doesn't make everyone covered it merely forces everyone to buy health care or face a hefty fine . So It will add millions of patients to the health system now and no nurses, doctors, orderlies or pharmacists. Many Health workers will take a cut in pay and have triple or more work to do . Not to metion if this health care is so great why is it that so many suporters of it have been given and/or given free passes so that they are not included in it. Also it was passed with out a single person ever reading it and when the dems. were in the majority of the house,senate, and controled the white house . In all this Healthcare plan Is sh*t and can be done alot better instead of being sneeky and shoving through when no one even has a chance to read it .


My health insurance is messing with my diabetic supplies, I'm a type 1.
They made cuts on my test stripes to 100, with a type 1.
We test our blood a lot.
They recently decided to cut me from the supplies for my insulin pen.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Instead of taking just two of these for my long term at 10am & 10pm.

-Below-


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'll be taking these for my short term too for meals.
I'm in good health not over weight.
Those needles can bruise.

Type 1 Diabetic as well. Can't get a pump because of my insurance. I was still getting billed for hospital visits two years ago from visits that happened five to ten years ago.
My pen needles are fifty dollars.
My insulin's ninety.

With the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the insurance will stop labeling me as a "pre-existing condition". Which will help lower the costs of my healthcare.


^^'

I've been a diabetic since 2003, I've been using those Flexpens since that you can reload.
My doctor is trying to push me into getting the pump.
I kept ed declining it because I was afraid of something happening to it, me somewhere.
With no hospital anywhere near by.
I was doing just fine handling my blood, now I'm getting older.
It's getting a little harder.
I'm his favorite patient, he believes I can handle the pump, will be happier.
I've never went into a coma.
When I first came down with it, lost weight, throwing up, always hungry, using the bathroom more than normal.
I remember begging to be taken to the hospital laying down on the couch.
I was so weak.
I needed help to walk to the car, out of the car.
I was fighting to stay awake.
They thought I was sticking my finger in my mouth until they tested my blood sugar, it was off the charts, was surprised I was still awake.
Thinking back.
I should have got the pump.
Now I'm trying, they'll probably decline me.

I was seven and a half when I was diagnosed (and just my luck, it started around Christmas), and I remember how scary that was. Five years later, I came down with Ketone Acidosis and was twenty-five minutes from dying. (Luckily, the emergency room at the hospital recognized that I needed immediate attention).
Those were my only two diabetes-related hospital trips, but the bills were really high and I was extremely lucky to be rushed into the hospital from the emergency room. I always fear for others going through the same thing.
And insurance is always difficult for my family because of my "pre-existing condition". I can't wait for all the benefits PPAACA will bring to people with diseases like this. I've heard Romney say only a little of what I liked that referred to his health care plan, but I think Obama has a much better future planned for our healthcare. I'm scared of what might happen if they give us this little glimmer of hope with "Obamacare" and then take it away because Republicans took over office.


^^'

I'm worried about it failing.
Obamacare or Romneycare, everyone having nothing.
I'm worried about my grandmother.
I heard she might have to pay more, not enough to live on.
I hope.
What I heard doesn't come true.
I'm hoping you'll get something to help you out.
Right now.
My doctor is helping me fight my battle with my care with the Flexpen.
So I can use it still, get my supplies again.
The pump a want but the Flexpen is a need.
My youngest uncle by the way.
Is a diabetic one, he uses one of those throw away pens.
He's blood sugar is far worse than mine.
He was in the mood to drink a root beer, guessed how much to give himself.
He takes 3 times more on the long term.
I guess.
What I heard, he works out a lot.
So that tells me.
He eats whatever he wants, doesn't really figure out.
How much to give himself.
I gave him a 2012 carb counting book for the fast food places, store bought by mail to his wife.
He hid it, she asked about it, he had to get it, hand it over.
This is a diabetic bible.
That would help you out.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chelsxa's avatar

Sophomore

Prince Ikari
If Obama is re-elected:

> I risk losing my health coverage.
> Filing bankruptcy as a result of losing my health coverage.
> Dying because I am unable to afford my expensive medications.
> Stuck with $20,000 in student debt because he cannot fix the economy and I find a decent job.
> Credit score shot even more to hell and no chance at home ownership.
> I can kiss ever having a family goodbye without a stable job to support them.
> My future children and grandchildren get suck paying off our massive debt because Obama will make it even bigger (if i can even have a family).
> We may very well enter Word War III with Iran.
> Inflation continues increasing food and gas prices to astronomical levels.
> The entire economy of the United States collapses and we become the second Greece.
> China will overtake us as the world's sole superpower.

I could go on and on. Obama being re-elected is detrimental to not only my future but the future of the United States.


LOL. Baby girl, you're... what 19/20 years old?.. and you're playing a virtual online world... I mean I don't know anyway to put it but:

You're Forever Alone. You're not going to have a family, you're going to spend the rest of your life sitting in your basement playing this game. Like.. your future is f-cked up regardless of who becomes president. If you lose your health coverage.. who cares? You won't be getting sick any time soon because you won't be going outside and catch a cold. (You won't see daylight for years) Amiright? If the economy collapses... who cares? All you spend your money on is Gaia Cash and a box full of Cheese Doodles. You paying rent? PSHH, you still live with your parents, DEY GOT U COVERED. $20,000 in student debt? Oh gurl PLS you're going to drop out anyway.

Bby gurl, you have much more to worry (you know.. other than who becomes president) about than u even realize. But dis goes for every Romney supporter. It's not just you. I aint tryna single u out. I just tell it how it is.


/I'm psychic.
shadowfox AnDe
Prince Ikari
If Obama is re-elected:

> I risk losing my health coverage.

Obama care will cover anyone who cant afford health care

Prince Ikari
> Filing bankruptcy as a result of losing my health coverage.

if you cant afford it youll still have health care (the plan is to make sure everyone is covered even if they cant afford to buy their own)

Prince Ikari
> Dying because I am unable to afford my expensive medications.

same as the first two points

Prince Ikari
> Stuck with $20,000 in student debt because he cannot fix the economy and I find a decent job.

Obama wants to help lower the cost of student loans, so rethink that

Prince Ikari
> Credit score shot even more to hell and no chance at home ownership.

did he offer first time home ower credits? because i do remember that happening

Prince Ikari
> I can kiss ever having a family goodbye without a stable job to support them.

Obama is trying to increase the number of jobs in the U.S. and working hard to keep the ones we have here and not over seas
you do realize he's trying to keep us off the streets?

Prince Ikari
> My future children and grandchildren get suck paying off our massive debt because Obama will make it even bigger (if i can even have a family).

explain, because Obama has been trying to lower the national debt

Prince Ikari
> We may very well enter Word War III with Iran.

explain?
We will never get into WW III the U.S will not let that happen.

Prince Ikari
> Inflation continues increasing food and gas prices to astronomical levels.

please tell me how that falls on Obama and not the major companies who own and run them.

Prince Ikari
> The entire economy of the United States collapses and we become the second Greece.

explain

Prince Ikari
> China will overtake us as the world's sole superpower.

where are you getting that?
Please explain why you think that?

I could go on and on. Obama being re-elected is detrimental to not only my future but the future of the United States. " I simply agree."
Then we can all move to canda. smile
Prince Ikari 's avatar

Conservative Cat

Chelsxa


LOL. Baby girl, you're... what 19/20 years old?.. and you're playing a virtual online world... I mean I don't know anyway to put it but:

You're Forever Alone. You're not going to have a family, you're going to spend the rest of your life sitting in your basement playing this game. Like.. your future is f-cked up regardless of who becomes president. If you lose your health coverage.. who cares? You won't be getting sick any time soon because you won't be going outside and catch a cold. (You won't see daylight for years) Amiright? If the economy collapses... who cares? All you spend your money on is Gaia Cash and a box full of Cheese Doodles. You paying rent? PSHH, you still live with your parents, DEY GOT U COVERED. $20,000 in student debt? Oh gurl PLS you're going to drop out anyway.

Bby gurl, you have much more to worry (you know.. other than who becomes president) about than u even realize. But dis goes for every Romney supporter. It's not just you. I aint tryna single u out. I just tell it how it is.


/I'm psychic.

You would be so completely and utterly wrong in your characterization of me. For starters I am a guy and I am 21 years old. I have been on this site since 2006, when I was 15. There is no age limit to how old people can be up here. There are some in this forum twice my age. Kind of silly when a 15 year old is sitting up here trying to lecture someone older than herself. For starters, I will NOT be forever alone. I have family, friends, and an amazing girlfriend who is just as conservative as I am. Secondly, no house anywhere in my area even has a basement, so the idea that I am going to spend the rest of my life in a basement is ridiculous. Fourth, if Obama gets his sorry a** out of the White House then my future WILL be much better under Romney. Fifth, if you really think I am not going to get sick anytime soon then you have lost your mind. I HAVE CROHN'S DISEASE! I require medical treatment all of the time to keep me alive, treatment that I can ONLY receive via my health coverage. Sixth, I spend my money on ACTUAL EXPENSES. As in paying for car insurance, health insurance, groceries, gas, etc. I do NOT buy Gaia cash nor do I ever eat cheese doodles. Seventh, I do still live with my mom, BUT only while I am still finishing my education. She allows me that option, and I am thankful for that. I give her money when I can to help pay for expenses, as well as continue doing chores since she is never able to get to them because of her job. Eight, HA! I already have an Associates Degree and I am obtaining a Bachelors Degree at the moment. I am going to college to be a web developer and make big money and laugh when I go through the drive thru and see people like you working at McDonald's the rest of your life.

So yeah, I do not need a kid trying to lecture me an adult on my priorities. Go troll somewhere else.
Prince Ikari
Wolf Ookami Woof

I have touretts because of people like you literally. You stick your nose in where it doesn't belong and you force people to have medicine or surgery to make them right. If adhd medication hadn't been forced on me by society I wouldn't of had the trouble that I have today. Adhd medicine caused or made my touretts worse. Which is why I hate society choosing what people do in their with their private lives so long as it isn't hurting anyone else or themselves significantly and you don't seem to like that. You stick your nose in where it doesn't belong and I don't like that people do that. Currently the law supports you, but society is changing. Gay marrage is being allowed in certain states. I hope that the trend continues to follow. It gives me hope that society is wising up because society is severely messed up when it forces people to follow the normal. (When they aren't significantly hurting themselves or another person.)

But the question is were you diagnosed with ADHD? And do you have proof that the medications you took led to your developing of Touretts? If you were diagnosed with ADHD and given medicine for it then you probably needed it. ADHD individuals can cause a lot of problems especially in the schools, so the cure is to medicate those individuals and calm them down. Back when I was a kid for a short time I had to take medication for ADHD as well though eventually my mom gave up because she was having to fight so hard to get me to swallow the pills, and I could not swallow back then. No clue if I ever had it or not, just that the child psychologist I had to see must have came up with the conclusion that I needed medication to deal with my behavioral issues. If you have an illness that is becoming a problem to society then yes society should have you medicated. Sorry but I have heard from many teachers that ADHD children make it near impossible to manage a classroom, so if you were causing trouble you needed to be medicated. That may be true, but gay marriage is only being made legal in the few states that are already heavily socially liberal where the vast majority of LGBTs live and would have done so at some point anyways. But 38 states have outlawed gay marriage or have laws defining marriage as one man and one woman (Source). Only six states and DC have full legal gay marriage, with others set to vote this year, and an eventual showdown next year most likely in the Supreme Court. Luckily the Court has a conservative bent, and if Romney wins, the Court's most liberal Justice Ginsberg will probably retire soon (or so she says) and we can put someone strongly opposed to gay marriage on the bench.


Just because a child is causing trouble doesn't necessarily mean they needed to be mediated. There could be numerous things wrong with a child including them just not wanting to do their homework. I didn't want to plus my home life was going wry. My doctor didn't bother asking for a second opinion. He just put me on it. That same doctor diagnosed me as being intellectually challenged when I wasn't. I was held back in school because the doctor didn't want to take time to study me. I can remember going into him and explaining my hunger problems being on the medication and he didn't think as severely underweight as I was, was a problem. If you were a doctor wouldn't that be an indication that this medication isn't good for them? Not to mention he didn't lower the dose. He just kept using the does making me sicker. this doctor didn't care and my parents were ignorant. If someone had listened to me maybe I wouldn't have ended up like I have today.

And yes. Adderal causes tics. If someone already has them it can oxygen a flame and turn it into a burning fire. My counselor now said that they caused tics, but they should have went away. They didn't go away. That meant I either had them before or the medication caused it and it didn't go away. There are lots of other medications with side effects they thought were reversible that isn't reversible and now I have to deal with this illness.

And on that few states thing. Women were only allowed to vote in a few states. Then they were allowed to vote in every state. Times are changing and I really don't think anyone is going to reverse it. People have caused too much of a riot. It doesn't matter whether or not you get judges that you like in office. If the people become enraged things will change. History has shown that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games