Welcome to Gaia! ::

Assimilated Borg

9,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
I think the correct question is, do we really believe in Mitt Romney fixing everything that we think Obama has done wrong? The valid point that he's shown no plan, only promises has been brought up and I'm honestly curious in what he has as a plan to correct everything. Besides hiking up the income tax for everyone but the rich. Plus Romney has nearly fumbled the entire way during this campaign of his from typo's on campaign ads to his statements at that private dinner. He may stick by it but I believe a President isn't supposed to just stick by those whom voted for him but the entirety of the American people. Romney just doesn't seem capable of that.

Also I want to bring up the criticisms Romney has made on Obama's foreign policy. Do we forget that he called Russia our number one Geo-political enemy (Putin commented on this, which made me lul.) While tensions may still exist between our governments, calling them an enemy of any sort doesn't seem to be a wise choice in any event. I also don't see him standing out at all in any of the foreign affairs, especially with the likes of Iran. I believe Obama on the other hand has proven himself capable of keeping us out of War with Iran.

I also hate seeing the whole "Obama has ruined this nation" song and dance from Republicans and other people when no one ever comments on how Former President and Republican George W.Bush put us into two wars in the first place, one in which I don't believe we should have been in the first place and amongst that, all the failures of the Party and Administration for those eight long years he drove the nation into the ground with his broken policies and all the illegal crap we let him get away with (Lol, Look what we did to Bill Clinton, yet we let this clown get away with everything.)
No, we decide that it's Obama's fault for the Bail-out and all the problems he inherited from the former president. I think Obama did the best he could along with the current Administration with the situation they inherited. I don't think Romney can fix anything in this nation because he hasn't demonstrated those qualities.
Im not saying I agree 100% with Obama's policies but they make more sense then what the Republican's and Romney have planned. I honestly think Romney would mis-handle the nation at a time where if we veer too far back towards the path Bush had us on for eight years, We'd all be in craps creek without a paddle.

Anyway, these are just my opinions. I don't consider myself a die-hard Democrat I just happen to see more sense in there party. If Romney gave me a good impression I'd give him a chance just like I gave Obama the chance 4 years ago and I don't feel like the Nation will go too bad under his leadership. Romney makes me nervous : p

Dapper Dabbler

You know, you're all pissed off about Obama care, but Canada has universal healthcare, and we're doing just fine.
It's actually pretty great that I could break my arm, and not be in debt.
Yup.

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PikachuBaller
You know, you're all pissed off about Obama care, but Canada has universal healthcare, and we're doing just fine.
Yup.

^^^ this.
I read about this guy, who lived in Canada, who accidentally chopped off his all 5 of his fingers. He went to the hospital, waited 25 minutes, then they sewed them all back on. Meanwhile, another guy, who lived in America, accidentally chopped of his middle and ring fingers. He went to the hospital, waited 2 hours in queue, then waited another hour while they checked his insurance. Then after they checked his insurance, they told him that his insurance wouldn't take the accident accounted for. So they told him that his middle finger cost $60,000, and his ring finger cost $35,000. He could only afford one, so he chose his ring finger just so that he can keep his wedding ring on. He never got his middle finger back.

That was a nice little story for you all.

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Prince Ikari
If Obama is re-elected:

> I risk losing my health coverage.
> Filing bankruptcy as a result of losing my health coverage.
> Dying because I am unable to afford my expensive medications.
> Stuck with $20,000 in student debt because he cannot fix the economy and I find a decent job.
> Credit score shot even more to hell and no chance at home ownership.
> I can kiss ever having a family goodbye without a stable job to support them.
> My future children and grandchildren get suck paying off our massive debt because Obama will make it even bigger (if i can even have a family).
> We may very well enter Word War III with Iran.
> Inflation continues increasing food and gas prices to astronomical levels.
> The entire economy of the United States collapses and we become the second Greece.
> China will overtake us as the world's sole superpower.

I could go on and on. Obama being re-elected is detrimental to not only my future but the future of the United States.

Wait. Are we having a pity contest here? Well then.

> I have no health coverage whatsoever. Can't afford it. Haven't been to the doctor in years. (Not counting waiting in line in the community doctor for 3 hours per vaccination.)
> My family is in massive debt. Not only to the banks, but to their friends.
> I was born with asthma. But my mother tries to convince me that I no longer have asthma because we can't afford medications. She calls shortness of breath "natural".
> I can't even get student loans. I don't qualify for any financial aid. No financial aid, no university. Everything I worked for in high school and below meant nothing. I'm literally labeled as a "AB 540(Dream Act) student". And all that does is keep me from paying the out of state tuition to a community college. FYI, out of state tuition is almost 5 times greater than the normal tuition. Even with the AB 540, my parents had to owe money from their friends.
> Me? Home ownership? Without the Deferred Action, I can't obtain a work permit and get a legal job.
> Children shouldn't even be in my mind. I don't even know how I can find a way to support myself.
> World War III by Obama huh. I don't think hunting for places to drill oil from all over the world will help with that either.
> This whole economy thing; both sides are puzzled over it. They don't even know what to do with the Bush tax cuts and they only have until December 31st.

And just to clear this up. I'm not an illegal immigrant. My parents work and pay taxes, but we don't have any government help because we're not citizens. I have papers pending, but my priority date won't be until 10 years from now. I already graduated highschool, and have already fallen in huge debt just to pay for my first semester in community college. Until my priority date comes, I can't do anything unless Obama continues to help Dream Act students. Thus, no car, no work, and no college. People have actually told me to marry a U.S. citizen just to be able to go to school. I don't want to get married so soon, or for any other reason than love, but even that idea has crossed my mind. And it's not even legal. And even if I can work, I would have to work illegally. As I have said before, both candidates have great faults. But the Dream Act is all I have right now. I'm merely stating my situation for those who can vote. Because as a non-citizen, I can't even vote for my own future.

Timid Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
If Obama isn't re-elected,

- I possibly won't be able to go to school anymore. I had no college savings. I'm from the ghetto. If not for federal grants and loans, college would not be possible for me.

- I'll lose my insurance when I'm 21; I'm on the state's medicare plan for those that can't afford it.

- My husband will be stuck with a $2000 hospital bill because we can't afford it. He had a burn on his hand and all they did was x-ray it ad rub cream on the burn. We couldn't afford the prescription.

- I could possibly wind up homeless AGAIN one day, if my circumstances were ever that bad again...if there's no public housing.

- My grandmother will be happy. Then again, she think poor people should just starve.

- Oh, yeah. If my food stamps get cut, no food for me.

- There won't be any rights for LGBT people...LGBT rights is one of the issues dearest to my heart.

- Romney will try to revoke Roe v. Wade and end free contraceptives.

In other words, if Romney wins, we're f*****.

Benevolent Ladykiller

Prince Ikari

Are you ******** serious?

Gas prices are currently going up not because of Obama. He doesn't sit in his little spinney chair and twirl around with ribbons in his hair and is like "uhhhh i'm going to ******** up gas prices ya' know! teehee!"
                    Oil barrens are to blame
                    "Price increases generally occur when the world crude-oil market tightens and lowers inventories"
                    source

For the LOVE of god, research.

Edit::
                    Here's another source for ya'
                    Oil speculation raise gas price

Blessed Tactician

11,050 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
PikachuBaller
Yup.
And Hawaii.
The argument that it doesn't work doesn't work because it does work.

Dapper Dabbler

If Obama doesn't get re-elected, I can kiss going to college next year goodbye.
I can kiss my healthcare goodbye. and I'm not just talking about the whole "Obamacare" ordeal. These right wing nuts want to take everything away from women. Healthcare, equal pay, respect.

Unbeatable Shapeshifter

8,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Hygienic 200
If Obama dosen't win this election I'm getting as much money as I can and I'm moving to canada.

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Prince Ikari
If Obama is re-elected:

> Stuck with $20,000 in student debt because he cannot fix the economy and I find a decent job.
> My future children and grandchildren get suck paying off our massive debt because Obama will make it even bigger (if i can even have a family).
> The entire economy of the United States collapses and we become the second Greece.

I could go on and on. Obama being re-elected is detrimental to not only my future but the future of the United States.

If he's NOT re-elected, then I have a chance of never being able to have a family either. Being gay and all, Romney wants to make a federal amendment banning gay marriage.
Just saying.
4 bubble Mage
If Obama is not re-elected I'll be annoyed and then move on with my life. It honestly isn't the end of the world if your favored candidate doesn't get elected, remember that although presidents have a lot of power they certainly don't run the country alone and there are plenty of checks and balances in the system
Cladellain
Prince Ikari
If Obama is re-elected:

Wait. Are we having a pity contest here? Well then.

> I have no health coverage whatsoever. Can't afford it. Haven't been to the doctor in years. (Not counting waiting in line in the community doctor for 3 hours per vaccination.)
> My family is in massive debt. Not only to the banks, but to their friends.
> I was born with asthma. But my mother tries to convince me that I no longer have asthma because we can't afford medications. She calls shortness of breath "natural".
> I can't even get student loans. I don't qualify for any financial aid. No financial aid, no university. Everything I worked for in high school and below meant nothing. I'm literally labeled as a "AB 540(Dream Act) student". And all that does is keep me from paying the out of state tuition to a community college. FYI, out of state tuition is almost 5 times greater than the normal tuition. Even with the AB 540, my parents had to owe money from their friends.
> Me? Home ownership? Without the Deferred Action, I can't obtain a work permit and get a legal job.
> Children shouldn't even be in my mind. I don't even know how I can find a way to support myself.
> World War III by Obama huh. I don't think hunting for places to drill oil from all over the world will help with that either.
> This whole economy thing; both sides are puzzled over it. They don't even know what to do with the Bush tax cuts and they only have until December 31st.

And just to clear this up. I'm not an illegal immigrant. My parents work and pay taxes, but we don't have any government help because we're not citizens. I have papers pending, but my priority date won't be until 10 years from now. I already graduated highschool, and have already fallen in huge debt just to pay for my first semester in community college. Until my priority date comes, I can't do anything unless Obama continues to help Dream Act students. Thus, no car, no work, and no college. People have actually told me to marry a U.S. citizen just to be able to go to school. I don't want to get married so soon, or for any other reason than love, but even that idea has crossed my mind. And it's not even legal. And even if I can work, I would have to work illegally. As I have said before, both candidates have great faults. But the Dream Act is all I have right now. I'm merely stating my situation for those who can vote. Because as a non-citizen, I can't even vote for my own future.

Ouch. Then why don't you go back home?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games