Welcome to Gaia! ::

Evil Spagetti's avatar

Wheezing Bloodsucker

7,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Gaian 50
enjoy land of the free
JyHyuk's avatar

Ruthless Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Millionaire 200
if he doesn't i'm moving to south korea
Sakura Courage Solo's avatar

Conservative Citizen

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
We're all hosed if Obama gets re-elected. Bottom line. Romney is still questionable, no doubt, but ANYTHING is better than the hot mess we have in office now.
gleeg snag zip's avatar

Dangerous Phantom

6,200 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
Skyy White
Prince Ikari
If Obama is re-elected:

> I risk losing my health coverage.
> Filing bankruptcy as a result of losing my health coverage.
> Dying because I am unable to afford my expensive medications.
> Stuck with $20,000 in student debt because he cannot fix the economy and I find a decent job.
> Credit score shot even more to hell and no chance at home ownership.
> I can kiss ever having a family goodbye without a stable job to support them.
> My future children and grandchildren get suck paying off our massive debt because Obama will make it even bigger (if i can even have a family).
> We may very well enter Word War III with Iran.
> Inflation continues increasing food and gas prices to astronomical levels.
> The entire economy of the United States collapses and we become the second Greece.
> China will overtake us as the world's sole superpower.

I could go on and on. Obama being re-elected is detrimental to not only my future but the future of the United States.


If Romney is elected;
Rich get richer
Poor get poorer.


If either one is elected, we're [********]. In the metaphorical and technical meaning of the word.
The whole world is coming to an end. So what?
Anarchy. I welcome it.

Are you implying the world is going to end in 2012, because only an idiot believes that.
I am so moving to Canada if Obama isn't elected. Free healthcare for all, marriage equality isn't an issue of morals anymore and the only draw back is the stupid cold weather. So I am moving to a whole other country if the bigot that is Romney is elected.
Evil Spagetti
enjoy land of the free


...unless you're gay. Then it's not so free.
Hayaku shi's avatar

Mega Fatcat

gleeg snag zip
Skyy White
Prince Ikari
If Obama is re-elected:

> I risk losing my health coverage.
> Filing bankruptcy as a result of losing my health coverage.
> Dying because I am unable to afford my expensive medications.
> Stuck with $20,000 in student debt because he cannot fix the economy and I find a decent job.
> Credit score shot even more to hell and no chance at home ownership.
> I can kiss ever having a family goodbye without a stable job to support them.
> My future children and grandchildren get suck paying off our massive debt because Obama will make it even bigger (if i can even have a family).
> We may very well enter Word War III with Iran.
> Inflation continues increasing food and gas prices to astronomical levels.
> The entire economy of the United States collapses and we become the second Greece.
> China will overtake us as the world's sole superpower.

I could go on and on. Obama being re-elected is detrimental to not only my future but the future of the United States.


If Romney is elected;
Rich get richer
Poor get poorer.


If either one is elected, we're [********]. In the metaphorical and technical meaning of the word.
The whole world is coming to an end. So what?
Anarchy. I welcome it.

Are you implying the world is going to end in 2012, because only an idiot believes that.

How am I implying that?
I meant the world as in what we know. Our governments, our economies, our countries.
That's what I meant by end.
silvershadowedwings's avatar

Timid Explorer

If he IS REELECTED, I'd probably lose my house and be in a worse condition than i am now. xc
Aragakii Shinjiro's avatar

Partying Junior

FenixMaiden88
I am so moving to Canada if Obama isn't elected. Free healthcare for all, marriage equality isn't an issue of morals anymore and the only draw back is the stupid cold weather. So I am moving to a whole other country if the bigot that is Romney is elected.


Your plan isn't going to work. I also was planning to move to Canada if Obama isn't re-elected.But Canada is gonna tighten their borders to stop Americans from coming into the country, Unless you have family there, going to college, or having a talent they need (Such as being a doctor.) You can't admit to the country. Where do I get this information from you say?

Here

I personally am going to school in another country or something. Otherwise were all screwed.
Imaginary Fox's avatar

Aged Dabbler

9,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I just don't see how Romney is going to fix any of the things people say Obama is going to make bad. I've maybe had a couple years of health insurance after the point after which I got out of school and couldn't be covered by my parents anymore. Individual health insurance is a joke and unaffordable if not through a job. What's the point in living if you hand them the majority of your paycheck in hopes they'll cover you if something happens to you? Why get insurance because the second something happens to you they'll take your money and drop you like a hot potato? And then no other company will approve you anyway. Its like that same outdated notion that once you have a career job, they'll take care of you and you'll end up on some kind of pension or something. Nah, your a** will be out the door for a small infraction and a younger fresher cheaper body will fill your chair. Why should they care about you? Its not profitable.
Sure, I could have health insurance through work, if I gave up having a car and a place to live. I'm barely scraping by working full time and it'd take another 1/4 of my paycheck. Bills keep going up, salary stays the same. I would like to have it though, since its the only way I won't be in debt the rest of my life if something happens to me.

I don't think Obama is perfect, they're all grinning businessmen who will need for nothing the rest of their lives, but Romney frightens me more.
We just can't worry about ourselves so much we don't care for each other. I think growing as a society means everyone can be ok. That anyone without insurance can still get care and the hospital will pay for it is a lie.

I'm tired of people not even listening to ideas because they're "socialist" or "communist". If it ain't a gol-darned democracy its akin to Satanism! I'm tired of profit margin ruling the country far more than quality of life. If women don't have access to control of their own bodies then we're no better than animals. Where is the line where you get to say how other people live their lives? Quality of life is greater than quantity.
sahedwig's avatar

6,450 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
then this country is better off
Sherlock Homeslice's avatar

Shameless Inquisitor

9,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100
I don't understand how people expect Obama to fix the nation that Bush screwed sideways in only four years, especially with a congress that opposes him at every turn. Learn patience. He's the president, but some things take a longer time to fix than others.

The president's healthcare reform will help me and my family afford healthcare, so I'm in favor of that. I'm sorely disappointed, however, at the people who get scared as soon as someone says "government" or associates something with government and repeats the "We don't need Big Government!" mantra.

I like to take in the views of both sides and decide which one is what will benefit me, but when all you have to tell me is rhetoric, I'm not going to take you as seriously.

If I were old enough to vote, I would vote for Obama. His plan benefits my family and I. If Obama doesn't get re-elected, I don't think Romney would make my life any easier, and I personally detest the idea of limiting the availability of abortions based on Mother's Life, Incest and Rape. I don't plan on getting any, but if I have to, I'd like to know I can.
Madame Superfluous's avatar

Fashionable Genius

Prince Ikari
Bastets Blessing
Prince Ikari
Productive Gynecologist
Prince Ikari

Agreed! I am honestly surprised that so many young people in here are supporting him considering that Obama has screwed us young people over the worst. Young people must be blind to support him or just really not informed. We are worse off than before he took office. The entire country for that matter too.
People in here say we're better off with him, but I disagree and strongly suggest the country at least give Romney a chance.

Definitely! Unlike Obama, Romney has spent his entire life in business. He knows the economy. I consider him far more qualified than Obama. Why are we going to re-elect the community organizer with pretty speeches and words over the man who spent his life running businesses and helping to turn failing ones around? Obama had four years, two of which he had control of Congress, and we have nothing to show for it except our debt is $5 trillion higher now. I hope that come the debates Romney knocks it out of the park and goes on to win the election and finally start the much needed, REAL economic recovery.
Another thing people conveniently like to forget is the fact that democrats had control of both the house and the congress since 2007, which was the approximate date the economy really took a turn for the worse. People that still blame Bush for the mess "Obama needs more than one term to clean up" never mention this.

People do like to conveniently forget that little fact. Our economy was booming during the years the Republicans were in control of Congress. And I definitely get sick of the blaming Bush for the current mess, because if you go back the real culprit of our current economic mess is Bill Clinton. He eased regulations allowing most anyone who wanted to take out a mortgage to buy a home the ability to do so. Easy credit basically, regardless if you had poor credit or not. The housing market as a result peaked in the mid 2000s, and by 07/08 people began realizing that they could not pay back these loans they took out and this led to the subprime mortgage crisis, due to the large volume of foreclosures. As a result, large financial institutions began failing and here we are years later. Obama needs to step up and take credit for the mess he has added to. Ronald Reagan was able to turn our economy around in his first term which is why he won in a landslide in 1984, because the economy was beginning to rebound. Obama could have done the same but he did not so it is time to put someone more qualified in office who can. And to me it was no surprise that the economy went downhill once the Democrats took control of Congress.

You do know that Clinton was able to lower the country's deficit to an all time low during his term, right? It was the lowest it's ever been since the founding father's time. The only reasons conservatives like you don't like him is because of his morals- which, of course, I understand, I myself thinking what he did was wrong- but that doesn't excuse making up facts that don't exist, which is what the right wings do so often. >.>
Call Me Apple 's avatar

Sparkly Shapeshifter

If Obama doesn't get reelected....my life wont change much since he hasn't done a damn thing to help =D
Wolliw's avatar

Intellectual Sweetheart

11,650 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games