Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sen Natsu
MinnieMay
Sen Natsu
MinnieMay
mitt agrees with Obama 99.9% of the time
but only for a day or so. then, he flips, and he flops, and switches positions...
hows that most transparent gov working out for you? the NO lobbyists in the white house Obama dose it just as much as Mitt dose.
"dose" isn't a word.
ok and? my point still stand Obama and Mitt are the same on 99.9% of the things. if its Mitt or Obama nothing will change at all.
MinnieMay
Sen Natsu
MinnieMay
Sen Natsu
MinnieMay
mitt agrees with Obama 99.9% of the time
but only for a day or so. then, he flips, and he flops, and switches positions...
hows that most transparent gov working out for you? the NO lobbyists in the white house Obama dose it just as much as Mitt dose.
"dose" isn't a word.
ok and? my point still stand Obama and Mitt are the same on 99.9% of the things. if its Mitt or Obama nothing will change at all.
So you're making up words, your argument dosn't make sense to anyone but you because nobody can understand this made-up language you're using
Prince Ikari
Wolf Ookami Woof


I also think that anyone who supports traditional marriage should support traditional male and females roles. I mean if you want to get down to traditional marriage you need to look at what it was. We as a country in whole in no way hold up traditional marriage or shouldn't.


Actually I am someone who supports traditional marriage but is opposed to males and females following traditional gender roles. Gender roles should be thrown out the door. Gender roles and marriage have nothing to do with each other as far as I am concerned. I know many, myself included that have crossed over and done things typically reserved for the other gender before. I have no problem with that. In our society today you are not going to find many males and females that stick to their defined roles.


Yes you do, you support Christian Marriage not traditional marriage.
Divine_Malevolence's avatar

Blessed Tactician

11,050 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
szechuan86
Prince Ikari
Wolf Ookami Woof


I also think that anyone who supports traditional marriage should support traditional male and females roles. I mean if you want to get down to traditional marriage you need to look at what it was. We as a country in whole in no way hold up traditional marriage or shouldn't.


Actually I am someone who supports traditional marriage but is opposed to males and females following traditional gender roles. Gender roles should be thrown out the door. Gender roles and marriage have nothing to do with each other as far as I am concerned. I know many, myself included that have crossed over and done things typically reserved for the other gender before. I have no problem with that. In our society today you are not going to find many males and females that stick to their defined roles.


Yes you do, you support Christian Marriage not traditional marriage.
I wouldn't say that.
Seems more like she supports homophobia and the vehement denial thereof, in any way shape or form, even going so far as to use medicine as an excuse for it.
Divine_Malevolence
szechuan86
Prince Ikari
Wolf Ookami Woof


I also think that anyone who supports traditional marriage should support traditional male and females roles. I mean if you want to get down to traditional marriage you need to look at what it was. We as a country in whole in no way hold up traditional marriage or shouldn't.


Actually I am someone who supports traditional marriage but is opposed to males and females following traditional gender roles. Gender roles should be thrown out the door. Gender roles and marriage have nothing to do with each other as far as I am concerned. I know many, myself included that have crossed over and done things typically reserved for the other gender before. I have no problem with that. In our society today you are not going to find many males and females that stick to their defined roles.


Yes you do, you support Christian Marriage not traditional marriage.
I wouldn't say that.
Seems more like she supports homophobia and the vehement denial thereof, in any way shape or form, even going so far as to use medicine as an excuse for it.


Well when defining Traditional Marriage, Traditional Marriage is the same as Christian Marriage. The idea of a Traditional Marriage stems from Religion and Christianity.

In fact it was the Mormons who even supported (in fact provided a lot of funding for the commercials) Prop8 the ban for same sex marriage and there argument was "Traditional Marriage" to say it has nothing to do with religion or doesn't even stem from it to me is wrong.

Because if you want to go even deeper of what traditional marriage means I can say originally Traditional Marriage can also be between a man and a few women, as in Ancient China the rich would have many wives and support them essentially Polygamy.

What Traditional Marriage means today is obviously the definition of a Christian and or religious Marriage which means marriage between a man and a woman.
Ginger Spice Isle's avatar

Obsessive Player

4 bubble Mage
If Obama is not re-elected I'll be annoyed and then move on with my life. It honestly isn't the end of the world if your favored candidate doesn't get elected, remember that although presidents have a lot of power they certainly don't run the country alone and there are plenty of checks and balances in the system

As long as they are allowed to function... No Budget for 3 years!!!
And, think about it, who appoints judges to the Supreme Court.
If we let it, it can all go to hell in a handbag in a few years.
Before everone gets so excited anout Obama, dig a little deeper. Study the history of other countries which were so "excited" by the promises. I think, if I remeber his name, Hitler was the great savior of the Germen people. And, what was his name, or yeah, Mao, in China. And, then there was, oh let me think, Lenin, wasn't that in Russia?
They all promised better things for their less fortunate citizens.
And, look what the EU has done for several European countries. Before you back four more years of the same policies, study history. And, the facts. I think the young stucent who listed why NOT to reelect Obama has given careful review to a lot more then just the speeches. She's analyzed how it will affect her personally. And, to me, that shows great decision making.
Don't just look at the moment, people, looj at the long term.
Then, that's when you should decide. And, I think you may see more than our idealistic hopes as the outcome.
Ginger Spice Isle's avatar

Obsessive Player

szechuan86
Divine_Malevolence
szechuan86
Prince Ikari
Wolf Ookami Woof


I also think that anyone who supports traditional marriage should support traditional male and females roles. I mean if you want to get down to traditional marriage you need to look at what it was. We as a country in whole in no way hold up traditional marriage or shouldn't.


Actually I am someone who supports traditional marriage but is opposed to males and females following traditional gender roles. Gender roles should be thrown out the door. Gender roles and marriage have nothing to do with each other as far as I am concerned. I know many, myself included that have crossed over and done things typically reserved for the other gender before. I have no problem with that. In our society today you are not going to find many males and females that stick to their defined roles.


Yes you do, you support Christian Marriage not traditional marriage.
I wouldn't say that.
Seems more like she supports homophobia and the vehement denial thereof, in any way shape or form, even going so far as to use medicine as an excuse for it.


Well when defining Traditional Marriage, Traditional Marriage is the same as Christian Marriage. The idea of a Traditional Marriage stems from Religion and Christianity.

In fact it was the Mormons who even supported (in fact provided a lot of funding for the commercials) Prop8 the ban for same sex marriage and there argument was "Traditional Marriage" to say it has nothing to do with religion or doesn't even stem from it to me is wrong.

Because if you want to go even deeper of what traditional marriage means I can say originally Traditional Marriage can also be between a man and a few women, as in Ancient China the rich would have many wives and support them essentially Polygamy.

What Traditional Marriage means today is obviously the definition of a Christian and or religious Marriage which means marriage between a man and a woman.
It's a religious Belief, vs. Secular Tenets. And, on it will turn, because the 2 are intertwined.
Elysium-Ironeyes's avatar

3,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Honestly all of my intelligent friends are Obama supporters, and my husband's idiot friends are routing for Romney. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Prince Ikari
Wolf Ookami Woof


I also think that anyone who supports traditional marriage should support traditional male and females roles. I mean if you want to get down to traditional marriage you need to look at what it was. We as a country in whole in no way hold up traditional marriage or shouldn't.


Actually I am someone who supports traditional marriage but is opposed to males and females following traditional gender roles. Gender roles should be thrown out the door. Gender roles and marriage have nothing to do with each other as far as I am concerned. I know many, myself included that have crossed over and done things typically reserved for the other gender before. I have no problem with that. In our society today you are not going to find many males and females that stick to their defined roles.


Traditional marrage as the united states knows it also tries to stop a person who is born both sexes from marrying. Do you support that?
Prince Ikari 's avatar

Conservative Hero

Wolf Ookami Woof
Prince Ikari
Wolf Ookami Woof


I also think that anyone who supports traditional marriage should support traditional male and females roles. I mean if you want to get down to traditional marriage you need to look at what it was. We as a country in whole in no way hold up traditional marriage or shouldn't.


Actually I am someone who supports traditional marriage but is opposed to males and females following traditional gender roles. Gender roles should be thrown out the door. Gender roles and marriage have nothing to do with each other as far as I am concerned. I know many, myself included that have crossed over and done things typically reserved for the other gender before. I have no problem with that. In our society today you are not going to find many males and females that stick to their defined roles.


Traditional marrage as the united states knows it also tries to stop a person who is born both sexes from marrying. Do you support that?

Well if you are referring to those individuals who are physically/biologically born with the hormones and reproductive organs of both sexes then it would depend on the sex that individual chooses. I know most have surgeries to go with the sex they feel most comfortable as. In the end they would have to choose some sex to put down on the marriage license, and it could be the one listed on their birth certificate if they never go and change their anatomy around. I doubt even in the few states that have gay marriage that you can get away with not putting any sex at all even given that situation.
A Fine Saph's avatar

Invisible Mage

If he doesn't get re-elected I am moving to London when I turn 18.
Hayden Demauri's avatar

Dangerous Poster

7,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Prince Ikari
If Obama is re-elected:

> I risk losing my health coverage.
> Filing bankruptcy as a result of losing my health coverage.
> Dying because I am unable to afford my expensive medications.
> Stuck with $20,000 in student debt because he cannot fix the economy and I find a decent job.
> Credit score shot even more to hell and no chance at home ownership.
> I can kiss ever having a family goodbye without a stable job to support them.
> My future children and grandchildren get suck paying off our massive debt because Obama will make it even bigger (if i can even have a family).
> We may very well enter Word War III with Iran.
> Inflation continues increasing food and gas prices to astronomical levels.
> The entire economy of the United States collapses and we become the second Greece.
> China will overtake us as the world's sole superpower.

I could go on and on. Obama being re-elected is detrimental to not only my future but the future of the United States.

Obama is the lesser of two evils, plus Romney is just plain retarded.
Prince Ikari
Wolf Ookami Woof
Prince Ikari
Wolf Ookami Woof


I also think that anyone who supports traditional marriage should support traditional male and females roles. I mean if you want to get down to traditional marriage you need to look at what it was. We as a country in whole in no way hold up traditional marriage or shouldn't.


Actually I am someone who supports traditional marriage but is opposed to males and females following traditional gender roles. Gender roles should be thrown out the door. Gender roles and marriage have nothing to do with each other as far as I am concerned. I know many, myself included that have crossed over and done things typically reserved for the other gender before. I have no problem with that. In our society today you are not going to find many males and females that stick to their defined roles.


Traditional marrage as the united states knows it also tries to stop a person who is born both sexes from marrying. Do you support that?

Well if you are referring to those individuals who are physically/biologically born with the hormones and reproductive organs of both sexes then it would depend on the sex that individual chooses. I know most have surgeries to go with the sex they feel most comfortable as. In the end they would have to choose some sex to put down on the marriage license, and it could be the one listed on their birth certificate if they never go and change their anatomy around. I doubt even in the few states that have gay marriage that you can get away with not putting any sex at all even given that situation.


What if they don't want to choose a sex? Who says that they should have to? Why should they have to? They aren't one sex. And they may not have a "comfortable" sex. They could be gender fluid and therefore would want to stay both sexes or feel that they are both sexes gender wise. Why do you get to say that they should choose? Who are you to say that they should choose? They are born both sexes and they should be able to to stay that way if they want to. People that have tried to install laws like that have tried deciding for the people by thier chromosomes. Others have tried to do it based on thier hormones. Nothing works because it's up to them to decide thier gender and they may fell like both genders. They shouldn't have to choose for your benifit of wanting a "traditional" marrage.

People should start reconizing that there is more than one sex and that the body's gender doesn't always match up with the sex.

In fact laws like that allow parents to mutilate the genitals of their baby. Do you support parents being able to choose the gender?

What if they are intersexed and the parents do choose the gender. They choose girl because that is the easiest to make them into, but they aren't a girl. They knew that they were a man even if they didn't find this fact out. Although laws like the traditional marrage laws would prevent them from marrying another female because they were made into a female at birth? Do you support that?
Aven Loreli's avatar

Swashbuckling Dabbler

7,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
szechuan86
Divine_Malevolence
szechuan86
Prince Ikari
Wolf Ookami Woof


I also think that anyone who supports traditional marriage should support traditional male and females roles. I mean if you want to get down to traditional marriage you need to look at what it was. We as a country in whole in no way hold up traditional marriage or shouldn't.


Actually I am someone who supports traditional marriage but is opposed to males and females following traditional gender roles. Gender roles should be thrown out the door. Gender roles and marriage have nothing to do with each other as far as I am concerned. I know many, myself included that have crossed over and done things typically reserved for the other gender before. I have no problem with that. In our society today you are not going to find many males and females that stick to their defined roles.


Yes you do, you support Christian Marriage not traditional marriage.
I wouldn't say that.
Seems more like she supports homophobia and the vehement denial thereof, in any way shape or form, even going so far as to use medicine as an excuse for it.


Well when defining Traditional Marriage, Traditional Marriage is the same as Christian Marriage. The idea of a Traditional Marriage stems from Religion and Christianity.

In fact it was the Mormons who even supported (in fact provided a lot of funding for the commercials) Prop8 the ban for same sex marriage and there argument was "Traditional Marriage" to say it has nothing to do with religion or doesn't even stem from it to me is wrong.

Because if you want to go even deeper of what traditional marriage means I can say originally Traditional Marriage can also be between a man and a few women, as in Ancient China the rich would have many wives and support them essentially Polygamy.

What Traditional Marriage means today is obviously the definition of a Christian and or religious Marriage which means marriage between a man and a woman.


Traditional marriage, if you wanna get technical, was a business contract between families. But by today's standards, it IS a Christian ideal. Which sucks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games