Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I'm screwed for the next 10 years of my life. Can't drive. Can't work. Can't afford college. The decade I have spent in the country studying and working my butt off would be for nothing.

Both candidates have great faults. But just saying.

Conservative Victory

If Obama is re-elected:

> I risk losing my health coverage.
> Filing bankruptcy as a result of losing my health coverage.
> Dying because I am unable to afford my expensive medications.
> Stuck with $20,000 in student debt because he cannot fix the economy and I find a decent job.
> Credit score shot even more to hell and no chance at home ownership.
> I can kiss ever having a family goodbye without a stable job to support them.
> My future children and grandchildren get suck paying off our massive debt because Obama will make it even bigger (if i can even have a family).
> We may very well enter Word War III with Iran.
> Inflation continues increasing food and gas prices to astronomical levels.
> The entire economy of the United States collapses and we become the second Greece.
> China will overtake us as the world's sole superpower.

I could go on and on. Obama being re-elected is detrimental to not only my future but the future of the United States.
Prince Ikari
If Obama is re-elected:

how so?
Quote:

explain.

Quote:

explain

Quote:
> Stuck with $20,000 in student debt because he cannot fix the economy and I find a decent job.

Actually Obama fought for lowering Student Debt Loan penalty's.

Conservative Victory

szechuan86

Obamacare for the the first one. In a June 2012 survey, 83% of physicians said they thought about quitting because of Obamacare with, 65% directly stating that the problem was too much government involvement. If all 83% of those physicians quit and really if only 65% quit then we would have such a medical crisis in this country you cannot even imagine it. I am dependent on my physicians to keep me healthy and make sure nothing major is wrong with me that could be fatal.

Physicians Attitudes Survey

And there are plenty of articles stating that employers are going to begin dropping coverage too. According to this online survey at least 30% of employers definitely plan to drop coverage by 2014.

How US health care reform will affect employee benefits

To better explain, I have huge amounts of medical debt I cannot pay off so losing my health coverage would mean insurance no longer picks up most of the tab and if I have to pay more out of pocket and one of my medications alone is $1,500 a pen and considering I'm a college student just living off extra student loan money then yeah it would bankrupt me.

As for education all the candidates have some plan they have laid out to try and make it affordable and for college students to have less debt when they leave. Since I am already in the middle of my education reforms will not really affect me but I want a strong economy and workforce to go out into once I finish so I can get a job and pay the loans back. Obama has failed to improve the economy and has had four years, two of which he had both houses of Congress to improve things.

Timid Conversationalist

8,975 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
If Obama is not re-elected I'll be annoyed and then move on with my life. It honestly isn't the end of the world if your favored candidate doesn't get elected, remember that although presidents have a lot of power they certainly don't run the country alone and there are plenty of checks and balances in the system
IF he doesnt get re elected were all screwed man ._.

Dapper Darling

To be fair, because of Obamacare, I can get health insurance until I'm 26 on my folk's coverage, a luxury I wouldn't be able to afford on my own without it. Thanks to Obamacare, my medical problems don't make me have to pay 4x the premium for insurance. Thanks to Obamacare, children under 18 of uninsured parents are almost universally covered if coverage is pursued.

Also Obama has pressed for reforms to federal student loan lending, including keeping the interest rate freaktastically low, and he continues to work toward removing the unfortunate circumstantial incentives in place that encourage universities to value defaulted on loans over paid ones. :B

I dig this cat. I mean he's a little right of center for my tastes, but nobody's perfect. Thanks, Mr. President. I like still having teeth and being able to afford my schooling. <3
Marrionetta
To be fair, because of Obamacare, I can get health insurance until I'm 26 on my folk's coverage, a luxury I wouldn't be able to afford on my own without it. Thanks to Obamacare, my medical problems don't make me have to pay 4x the premium for insurance. Thanks to Obamacare, children under 18 of uninsured parents are almost universally covered if coverage is pursued.

Also Obama has pressed for reforms to federal student loan lending, including keeping the interest rate freaktastically low, and he continues to work toward removing the unfortunate circumstantial incentives in place that encourage universities to value defaulted on loans over paid ones. :B

I dig this cat. I mean he's a little right of center for my tastes, but nobody's perfect. Thanks, Mr. President. I like still having teeth and being able to afford my schooling. <3

Rather than thanking him, you should thank those that are going to foot the bill.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Prince Ikari
szechuan86

Obamacare for the the first one. In a June 2012 survey, 83% of physicians said they thought about quitting because of Obamacare with, 65% directly stating that the problem was too much government involvement. If all 83% of those physicians quit and really if only 65% quit then we would have such a medical crisis in this country you cannot even imagine it. I am dependent on my physicians to keep me healthy and make sure nothing major is wrong with me that could be fatal.

And there are plenty of articles stating that employers are going to begin dropping coverage too. According to this online survey at least 30% of employers definitely plan to drop coverage by 2014.

To better explain, I have huge amounts of medical debt I cannot pay off so losing my health coverage would mean insurance no longer picks up most of the tab and if I have to pay more out of pocket and one of my medications alone is $1,500 a pen and considering I'm a college student just living off extra student loan money then yeah it would bankrupt me.

As for education all the candidates have some plan they have laid out to try and make it affordable and for college students to have less debt when they leave. Since I am already in the middle of my education reforms will not really affect me but I want a strong economy and workforce to go out into once I finish so I can get a job and pay the loans back. Obama has failed to improve the economy and has had four years, two of which he had both houses of Congress to improve things.
So you're saying that physicians being jackasses is likely to put you in danger.....?
That's a reason to distrust physicians, not the president.

Supportive Friend

Prince Ikari
If Obama is re-elected:

Obama care will cover anyone who cant afford health care

Prince Ikari

if you cant afford it youll still have health care (the plan is to make sure everyone is covered even if they cant afford to buy their own)

Prince Ikari

same as the first two points

Prince Ikari

Obama wants to help lower the cost of student loans, so rethink that

Prince Ikari
> Credit score shot even more to hell and no chance at home ownership.

did he offer first time home ower credits? because i do remember that happening

Prince Ikari
> I can kiss ever having a family goodbye without a stable job to support them.

Obama is trying to increase the number of jobs in the U.S. and working hard to keep the ones we have here and not over seas

Prince Ikari
> My future children and grandchildren get suck paying off our massive debt because Obama will make it even bigger (if i can even have a family).

explain, because Obama has been trying to lower the national debt

Prince Ikari
> We may very well enter Word War III with Iran.

explain?

Prince Ikari
> Inflation continues increasing food and gas prices to astronomical levels.

please tell me how that falls on Obama and not the major companies who own and run them.

Prince Ikari
> The entire economy of the United States collapses and we become the second Greece.

explain

Prince Ikari
> China will overtake us as the world's sole superpower.

where are you getting that?

I could go on and on. Obama being re-elected is detrimental to not only my future but the future of the United States.
Cladellain
I'm screwed for the next 10 years of my life. Can't drive. Can't work. Can't afford college. The decade I have spent in the country studying and working my butt off would be for nothing.

Even a woman said in a rally, "I got my Obama phone". The phone thing was started by Bush.
Well then I got my Bush life line.
Cladellain

maybe america screwed up if obama is reelected.

Conservative Victory

Divine_Malevolence
Prince Ikari
szechuan86

So you're saying that physicians being jackasses is likely to put you in danger.....?

Physicians are not being jackasses though. They have to make a living just like the rest of us and clearly the healthcare law hurts their ability to practice medicine, or the vast majority would not consider leaving once the law takes effect. And even physicians are stating that more government involvement in healthcare is not the way to go. At this point I trust the president less than members of Congress. All his healthcare law was was a big pay off to pharmaceutical companies that wanted more of a government-run healthcare system (and are now regretting it) while hurting sick, lower-income individuals like me. He's a lying snake saying we can keep our health coverage we like and see the physicians we see. All he wants is for everyone to be in a crappy government-run system, where the focus is quantity instead of quality. This was not the healthcare law Americans wanted, and the polls still reflect that most wanted the law done away with. I want healthcare reform but I want market-centered reforms that actually lower my costs and improve the quality of my healthcare. Is that so hard to ask Mr. President??? I did NOT ask for higher premiums and co-pays!

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Prince Ikari
Divine_Malevolence
Prince Ikari
szechuan86

Physicians are not being jackasses though. They have to make a living just like the rest of us and clearly the healthcare law hurts their ability to practice medicine, or the vast majority would not consider leaving once the law takes effect. And even physicians are stating that more government involvement in healthcare is not the way to go. At this point I trust the president less than members of Congress. All his healthcare law was was a big pay off to pharmaceutical companies that wanted more of a government-run healthcare system (and are now regretting it) while hurting sick, lower-income individuals like me. He's a lying snake saying we can keep our health coverage we like and see the physicians we see. All he wants is for everyone to be in a crappy government-run system, where the focus is quantity instead of quality. This was not the healthcare law Americans wanted, and the polls still reflect that most wanted the law done away with. I want healthcare reform but I want market-centered reforms that actually lower my costs and improve the quality of my healthcare. Is that so hard to ask Mr. President??? I did NOT ask for higher premiums and co-pays!
So... Wait.
By setting up a system of universal insurance, which would... If I recall correctly, do nothing other than pay these people properly....
He's threatening their ability to make a living?

I'm sensing a disconnect here.
Somehow, making it so that people can pay for health care.... Is going to make it so that low income people aren't going to be able to get health care?

Liberal Voter

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
The whole country is screwed if Obama doesn't get elected.We'll end up in the same economic boat as Ireland.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff