Welcome to Gaia! ::

Precious Bunny

11,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'm a liberal democrat, my entire family is a conservative republican.

I'm not saying who's voting for who. But you have to understand my anxiety of living in this house burning_eyes

Lonely Noob

I live in the exact situation.. my dad hates democrats.. and hates to talk about politics with me..

Precious Bunny

11,850 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Daviran
I live in the exact situation.. my dad hates democrats.. and hates to talk about politics with me..

I'd be totally fine with debating, if it didn't end in me being yelled at and sent to my room. I'm a grown woman, not a child. emotion_donotwant

Distinct Informer

I am just going to throw this out there. Why would you care about politics with your family. I mean I withhold my political views from work and family. People are to extreme and polarized. They get emotional heated for no reason when speaking of politics. So why would it be a good idea to bring politics into these situations?

Precious Bunny

11,850 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Pwn3r_F0x
I am just going to throw this out there. Why would you care about politics with your family. I mean I withhold my political views from work and family. People are to extreme and polarized. They get emotional heated for no reason when speaking of politics. So why would it be a good idea to bring politics into these situations?

I didn't bring it in, they did. She stalked my text messages and confronted me. Saying that it was bad enough that I'm gay, but it's worse being a liberal?
Wait till she finds out I'm mostly atheist. She's going to flip her s**t.

Doesn't help that I've got mental anxiety issues D:

Sammiebear21's Husband

Dangerous Hunter

11,975 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
I understand where your coming from.
it's worse when your parents always tell you that your wrong and you don't know what your talking about.

Precious Bunny

11,850 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
christian bloodrose
it's worse when your parents always tell you that your wrong and you don't know what your talking about.

It's a pain. Especially when they purposefully get louder, or demand answers to questions before you can finish answering the first question asked stressed

Eloquent Fatcat

Think about how your family feels, having to be around you. You hate conservatives and they hate liberals. How is the way they feel less significant than the way you feel?

Precious Bunny

11,850 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Bastets Blessing
Think about how your family feels, having to be around you. You hate conservatives and they hate liberals. How is the way they feel less significant than the way you feel?

I never said I hated conservatives. I said I hate being in a house where there is conflicting viewpoints, because it causes bad anxious energy amongst the family.

Eloquent Fatcat

Timeless Reference
Bastets Blessing

I never said I hated conservatives. I said I hate being in a house where there is conflicting viewpoints, because it causes bad anxious energy amongst the family.
Well that happens in most homes. All you can do is try and move out, or perhaps explain to them calmly that you should be respected and left alone about your views.

Sammiebear21's Husband

Dangerous Hunter

11,975 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
Timeless Reference
christian bloodrose

It's a pain. Especially when they purposefully get louder, or demand answers to questions before you can finish answering the first question asked stressed

my 'rents are deaf so they can't hear so with us our signs get faster and more exaggerated. it's actully a pretty funny sight to see if you don't understand ASL
at least my mom listens to me ;~;

Durem Citizen

Well I am actually glad that you are actually making your own decision and chosing to be a liberal democrat because a lot of people always become what their parents are instead of making their own decision. Like, a lot of people I know are only republicans because they were raised in a house with republican parents and i know people who are only democrats because their parents are.

Precious Bunny

11,850 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
xXTeal BloodXx
Well I am actually glad that you are actually making your own decision and chosing to be a liberal democrat because a lot of people always become what their parents are instead of making their own decision. Like, a lot of people I know are only republicans because they were raised in a house with republican parents and i know people who are only democrats because their parents are.

I have done a lot of research, of what I think is best for the country and personally for me. And liberal views are what mine are. I couldn't be conservative if I wanted to be! XD

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
I don't know or remember if my parents were conservative or liberal, but they both definitely feel liberal on most issues.

Obsessive Lover

12,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
try having your mom believe everything her tea party friends post on Facebook. They convinced her Obama was a Muslim....

Then I have an aunt who obnoxiously started blasting me over a picture I shared on Women's Rights....then started posting Tea Party propaganda and made sure I saw it. Can't delete her or my mom and the rest of the family will get pissed so I kinda have to deal with it.

Hell, I can't even post I'm bisexual and agnostic on my page because that will cause another firestorm to erupt.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff