Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wintry Avenger

After seeing his views on Gov't help and funding and disaster relief and how he vetoed helping his own state after a massive flooding in 2004, how can ANYONE in the path of Hurricane Sandy vote for Romney?

He'd let you die. He'd feel better with you gone. No way in hell would I give my vote to him.

Beloved Visionary

obamaurmama
After seeing his views on Gov't help and funding and disaster relief and how he vetoed helping his own state after a massive flooding in 2004, how can ANYONE in the path of Hurricane Sandy vote for Romney?

He'd let you die. He'd feel better with you gone. No way in hell would I give my vote to him.

I find Romney distasteful. But really? Seriously? That's a little much.

Dapper Lunatic

He has said that he would get rid of FEMA to allow the states or even the private sector to take over where they left off. Of course, during Hurricane Sandy he's been mum about his previously vocal stance. He was asked something like 13 times in one day about FEMA, and he responded to none of the questions, just smiled awkwardly and ignored the question.

Tipsy Streaker

I saw the clip of him saying that in a debate from last year, the day after sandy hit.
And I live in NYC, so lucky to still have power and seeing that clip made me nauseous. I've no respect for that man.

I even got into a facebook argument with a super conservative who said "let the federal gov't cut the check to the states without FEMA being involved"....to which I replied "The F in FEMA stands for federal." Those are the people rallying around Romney, may god help us all.

Familiar Friend

sigh...
That's why I liked Rick Perry;
When Texas was having a national disaster (all the fires that scorched all our land) he came back and help us, knowing he would fall out of the campaign.
Because Obama wouldn't declare it a state of emergency.
My fiancee is a fire fighter, (he was in the Bear Creek Fire). He was gone days at a time! And Obama wouldn't help us.
FEMA doesnt seem to be doing a very good job. in fact, occupy wall street has done a better job than FEMA so far for providing for the people who need help. furthermore, dipshit bloomberg wont let the national guard come to help because they have guns
Veras Gunn
He has said that he would get rid of FEMA to allow the states or even the private sector to take over where they left off. Of course, during Hurricane Sandy he's been mum about his previously vocal stance. He was asked something like 13 times in one day about FEMA, and he responded to none of the questions, just smiled awkwardly and ignored the question.
Typical Romney. rolleyes

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
No he's pro-LIFE all life is important... Right? Anyway if we die who will he tax?

Wintry Avenger

Kolyatt
obamaurmama

Ok. Think about it. Let's make it all hypothetical and whatnot. He wins. He's in charge. Slowly but surely, he does everything he can to do away with federal aid.

He will not only LET people die, but be indirectly responsible for it.

Desirable Capitalist

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
obamaurmama
Kolyatt
obamaurmama

Ok. Think about it. Let's make it all hypothetical and whatnot. He wins. He's in charge. Slowly but surely, he does everything he can to do away with federal aid.

Exactly.

Obsessive Player

averykae
sigh...
When Texas was having a national disaster (all the fires that scorched all our land) he came back and help us, knowing he would fall out of the campaign.
My fiancee is a fire fighter, (he was in the Bear Creek Fire). He was gone days at a time! And Obama wouldn't help us.

And, hello out there ! Hiw badky did FEMA do after Katruba ?
It seems to me more information needs to be revealed. First respponders, the Red Cross, and other states seem to rise to the occassion in such times for their fellow countrymen. I think there may be better ways to serve disaster areas than what FEMA provides.

Blessed Fairy

obamaurmama

.....Are you even old enough to vote? The way your conducting a conversation with everyone, and your poor grammar, tell me no , but I wanna know for sure. neutral

Benevolent Sex Symbol

IslandGinger50
averykae
sigh...

And, hello out there ! Hiw badky did FEMA do after Katruba ?
It seems to me more information needs to be revealed. First respponders, the Red Cross, and other states seem to rise to the occassion in such times for their fellow countrymen. I think there may be better ways to serve disaster areas than what FEMA provides.
In certain natrual disaters the state can handle themselves with their own resources. I was a direct victim of the Waldo-Canyon Fire and saw how impressivly the state of Colorado handled the natrual disaster. Though that was a fire and a fire can have an upper hand gained on it, especially when their isn't damage to the states infrastructure, but a Hurrican is a completely different, especially at the magninitude that the east coast was hit with. At that point the integrity of the states infrastructure has been damaged and federal assistance is needed.

Benevolent Sex Symbol

averykae
sigh...
Was the National Gaurd activated, I couldn't find the information online.

Obsessive Player

StandYoGround
averykae
sigh...
Was the National Gaurd activated, I couldn't find the information online.

Other ways to call up the National Guard exist than FEMA.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff